PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Help

JayD-X
Aug 1, 2012, 02:14 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me build a good Ranger to use. I have been using Ranger ever since I started playing the first PSO and I love it, but in this game I just can't seem to see their affectiveness. Aside from Weak Bullet, which shoots occasionally and has a huge cooldown timer, I just can't do significant damage with the Ranger. My friends are all Hunters and they are destroying mobs with ease, but here I am struggling to take down one single enemy.

I've seen videos of Rangers absolutely destroying things, but I can't seem to do that. I have also seen threads that people want Rangers nerfed which doesn't make much sense to me. Seeing the low DPS with the Rifle is getting so annoying to look at. I was wondering if someone could help me build a bad-ass Ranger. I am currently LV.38 but I'm thinking about starting over to create a Ranger from scratch. It's just a little frustrating when my friends who are Hunters can clear mobs no problem then I struggle with one.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

ashley50
Aug 1, 2012, 02:51 PM
Aim for weakpoints whenever possible (TPS if necessary).

Always aim/lock-on to weakpoints.

Weakpoints...and uhm, did I mention aim for the weakpoints?

GrieverXVII
Aug 1, 2012, 02:59 PM
Go to the ranger skill tree discussion thread in this same sub forum. Check out my last couple posts and see if it's right for you.

Kylrad
Aug 1, 2012, 05:49 PM
Pretty much just use a launcher on trash mobs while aiming for the weak spot, or in the middle of large groups. Switch to an AR on bosses and use the lock on for weak spots, you may have to use TPS mode for somethings.

This is the build that I use: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?01RA!IOI2dBmrak8

It works quite well, though I'm sure some people would say to get more in weak bullet.