PDA

View Full Version : HUmar or FOmar, lords of their domain...

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 26, 2003, 08:00 PM
ok ok, i'm stumped. i dont know what i want..
i want to make Ryo hayasa a HUmar for the extreme use of swords, draw back his techs will be crap as i've seen.
so why not a FOmar. he can't use any of the "cool HU only swords" but has just awesoem techs.
*sighs*
HUmars are gettign too common i don't want to be know as what everyone sees as
"dupper boy newbie guy etc etc lowest form of life in PSO"
i'm sorry but...i just don't know.. i'll post a Picture of myself (Ryo Hayasa)
tell me what you think he is...

http://groups.msn.com/e29dj1ku9kjrei3v4urvr2j437/mydrawlingsddd.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=288 (newest non-colored somewhat rushed but new)

orginal first drawing

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WwAiA1gbY*TJAKgQ4T21FBnYprXHXPWATSWPsSFCPVoZOXDw3 Fv60kqFI

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 26, 2003, 08:02 PM
bah the link won't work i'm guessing it's WAY too big. please give me you comments and support.
also if you want to join the MSN group ask me about i'm sure we can let cha in.

also if you care THAT much you can see my Characters Profile on the site it's ok the Tool bar on the Right of the site

heres the picture that didn't show up

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45686&forum=1&start=0&0

IceBlink
Mar 26, 2003, 08:06 PM
Looks like a FOnewn to me!

Still, it looks more like FOmar than HUmar. You should really ask yourself what you want your character to do... attack via melee mainly or attack via techs mainly.

Getintothegame
Mar 26, 2003, 08:09 PM
Ummm, I like it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-03-26 17:10 ]</font>

TabbieKatt
Mar 26, 2003, 08:11 PM
>.> deffinately not FOnewm. as a HUmar you were good but really i think your better as a FOmar ^_^

Robomonke
Mar 26, 2003, 08:12 PM
Go with HUmar. Fomars arent very good. If you want "awesome" techs be a FOnewm or FOnewearl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robomonke on 2003-03-26 17:13 ]</font>

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 26, 2003, 08:15 PM
jesus ice-blink if only i truely knew.
i want to have great tech and beable to fight just as well. i just wish HUmar's weren't robbed of their Shifta and Desband and Reverser
that the tech i miss Reverser....*Sighs* help me T_T

i mean...i found cool hunter weapons and some my poor HUnewearl just can't use... but ...ok ok..
heres a story i know i'm aidiot for doing this

Ryo was at first HUmar easy move i wanted to use all the swords there were. heh then..as i reached lvl 40 things got..sorta rough...no shifta..no desband..no rev..ugh no tech fun what so ever..hack slash hack slash i soon thought. god i am such a lame HUmar...
and plus there are 100s of HUmars.. good god 1000s i just didn't want to become a giant steroe type
HOW DO YOU HUMARS DEAL WITH THE ABUSE.
i now take back everythign i've said (two or three things nothing horrid)

so i made a FOmar. alrightly nice bad defence really hard to keep alive. awesome tech WOO HOO lvl 23 gifoie great...then..ultimate...222 damage
YAY wait what the *smach* -300 hp (or something) errr HELP?!?!
i haven't touch my poor HUmar in ages. and only i'm know as a FOmar. whats should i do.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 26, 2003, 08:20 PM
whoa what a baka, thats not the link
this is
man i'm out of it today. really bad day *has a soda can thrown at him*
ow... this is the real link

http://groups.msn.com/e29dj1ku9kjrei3v4urvr2j437/mydrawlingsddd.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=139

Kent
Mar 26, 2003, 09:09 PM
Well, if you want to be able to use level 30 Shifta/Deband and level 30 Jellen/Zalure and also be a team-player, go with the FOmar. They can actually be pretty decent in melee with a Soul Eater and a Booma's Claw. You'll also have a lot of TP and access to Grants and Reverser. The downside is that your melee skills will always be shown up by a lower level Hunter. You may have low defense and HP, but you'll have enough TP to Resta yourself every time you get whacked. And hunters just love Shifta and Deband.

However, if you want sheer brute force and limited access to techniques, go with the HUmar. Not only will you be able take hits, dish out a ton of damage, and have access to heavier weaponry, but you'll also be able to absorb damage for the forces so you don't need to use a Moon Atomizer to revive them if they get hit a little too hard... and possibly make them like you enough to keep up the Shifta and Deband. Of course, if there's a useless ranger in the party, by all means, let them die.

The_Real_StarWind
Mar 26, 2003, 09:12 PM
Go HUmar, look manly with those big swords!!!

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 26, 2003, 09:39 PM
it's just my Zamba's getting so lonely....
not to mention. the Sange me lvl 120 found needs a yasha.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 27, 2003, 12:28 PM
Of all the high level Fomars I've played with in Ultimate Caves to Ruins, and in some places of Episode 2, none of them were meleeing. All of them either had psychowands or were casting barehanded.

I have to see a meleeing Fomar in online Ultimate Caves - Ruins, Episode 2, before I'll accept that Fomars can melee well.

Of course, if there's a useless ranger in the party, by all means, let them die.

Sounds like a case of envy to me, lol. Just about nothing can touch my Ramarl when she's using a Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen, and everything dies under a withering hail of Spread Needle fire ;>

Jae
Mar 27, 2003, 12:40 PM
I've actually seen a FOmar bust out with Twin Chakrams in Ultimate Ruins. He didn't do too bad either. 0_o

With that said, I say go with HUmar if you're into the melee deal. Depsite their glaring lack of Shifta/Deband, they still have level 15 Jellen/Zalure, which is more effective than people give it credit for. It's a shame that more HUmars don't use them. Just don't be one of those HUmars that forgets he has Resta.

As for the Ranger comment, I'm assuming it was edited out by whoever said it because I couldn't find it. But ignorance must bliss, eh?

*edit* Why are you choosing between your two characters? Can't you play them both?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2003-03-27 09:42 ]</font>

Joe-Azlin
Mar 27, 2003, 12:53 PM
in my opinion i think hunters r the best race. then forces. then at the bottom of the chart r rangers lol. so go with humar cuz then u can use all the best spells like rafoie and rabarta and still b able 2 use the kick a$$ swords

Elusive_Llama
Mar 27, 2003, 12:54 PM
No, it's there...look for Kent's post, then search for the word 'useless'.

I mean, really...how can you argue against guns which freeze your target 100% of the time, if you hit? That's better than even Rabarta 30, and it costs no tp whatsoever. If you get frozen by it, just wiggle out, or equip a cure/freeze if it really bothers you so much. Throw in some charge mechguns +45% hit, and a Spread Needle, and you're good to go.

Humars still have their role as meatshields, nobody can argue against that, but you can't make any meaningful case against the Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen on a Ranger with high ATA.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 27, 2003, 01:01 PM
in my opinion i think hunters r the best race. then forces. then at the bottom of the chart r rangers lol. so go with humar cuz then u can use all the best spells like rafoie and rabarta and still b able 2 use the kick a$$ swords

How long have you been playing for?

When I'm playing my Hunny, I run away from things that are too tough.

When I'm playing my Ramarl, things that are too tough run away from me.

Jae
Mar 27, 2003, 03:01 PM
LOL I see it now. I'm not going to bother arguing the point though. Arguments here usually turn into pointless off-topic debates where statements are backed up by opinions. I learned my lesson last time. :P

Once again, I say play both characters. More charcters = more IDs, more variety and less boredom.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 27, 2003, 03:30 PM
To answer the question:
i'm trying to chose between the too because i've tried to split my concintration.
but then i didn't have time and all my characters were growing horridly slow i fell behide my friends and rivals.
so i'll only keep two and a Cmode character.
i still need help and the polls are really getting close i'm hear awesome points.
and i must say.
i'm a FOmar and when that TP hit 34 and under i'm Techless time to truly shine and break out my agito.
i use my agito all the time but i need a tad more dex so i can hit all the ULT monsters

Elusive_Llama
Mar 27, 2003, 03:56 PM
Jae, those guys are known as armchair generals, lol.

themonkeyman
Mar 27, 2003, 05:32 PM
you should be a fomar
theyre arguably the most versatile, they can whack ppl with their swords up close and zap ppl with their spells from far away
and i think fomars look cooler than humars

MadCowChuck_
Mar 27, 2003, 07:11 PM
To break it down...

--Both characters are the "average" characters of their class. In other words, they are spread out and typically don't excel in any one area.

--FOmars have much more TP. They also have lvl 30 spells, including Grants, Megid, Reverser, & lvl 7 Anti, available to them.

--HUmars will be the best meleer of the two. His ATP will allow him to use good weaponry at mid-levels and allow him to use daggers, swords, and the such.

--FOmars are decent meleers in their own right. However, don't plan on breaking triple-digits in Ult too much unless you are on a high level and have good stuff (including a POW mag!).

--HUmars have much, MUCH more HP.

--In terms of resta...well...lvl 15 isn't THAT bad. Not great, but at least they can use it.

--S&D is usually more or less a moot point. Online, if you have a FOrce or whatever, you'll get higher-level S/D/J/Z. Considering, of course, you get a good FO.

--FOmars have decent spellage power. But their relatively low MST may limit them a bit compared to the "Grand Daddy" spellcasters such as the FOnewearl/newm. But, his Gi spells are considerable.

--I hate the FOmar's hats. On the same token, I'm not too fond of the HUmar's hair, either.

--ATA wise, the HUmar will of course beat out the FOmar. This is to be expected...however, remember neither will touch the RAmar's ATA. Things don't get too much harder to hit once you have lvl 100 and good stuff, however.

--Reverser? If HUmars had reverser, then where would the point in Moon Atomizers be?

In my opinion, HUmars are the easier character, by far. However, still no cakewalk. FOmars will provide a hell of a challenge.

I would personally pick the HUnter.

Kent
Mar 28, 2003, 12:18 AM
On 2003-03-27 09:28, Elusive_Llama wrote:

Of course, if there's a useless ranger in the party, by all means, let them die.

Sounds like a case of envy to me, lol.

Envy? No, the word you're looking for is experience. I have yet to see a ranger that could do better in a fight than a hunter or force. As support characters, forces are much better, even for just pecking enemies from long range to stun them so the hunters can get a free hit in. Seriously, there is no real advantage to being a ranger... unless you happen to like sitting back and shooting at enemies, then running back in the hallway when they get too close...

Nice try, kid, but you can stop spreading your nonsensical crap now, nobody intelligent is buying it.

fyrewyre
Mar 28, 2003, 12:51 AM
Im pretty sure a shiftaed Fomar can have the same pow as a non-shiftaed humar. humars are strong and have all the weps, but fomars have the cool techs and can be just as strong...just go with what you think or make two chars and try them both. if the humar gets too repetitive go with a fomar. if the fomar isnt as strong as the other hus and ras go with the humar. dont listen to the fomar and humar haters that plague the message boards http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 28, 2003, 06:27 AM
my new question is:

who's been saying inus/myself are(is) cute?
i know one of them was my friend but..i have 4 votes @_@

IceBlink
Mar 28, 2003, 06:44 AM
On 2003-03-27 12:30, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
To answer the question:
i'm trying to chose between the too because i've tried to split my concintration.
but then i didn't have time and all my characters were growing horridly slow i fell behide my friends and rivals.

If you're REALLY that concerned about it, then delete all your characters, and start over with a HUmar and a FOmar, and make them both look the same in height and proportions, as well as hair, eyes, and name. o_O

Elusive_Llama
Mar 28, 2003, 09:25 AM
Envy? No, the word you're looking for is experience. I have yet to see a ranger that could do better in a fight than a hunter or force. As support characters, forces are much better, even for just pecking enemies from long range to stun them so the hunters can get a free hit in. Seriously, there is no real advantage to being a ranger... unless you happen to like sitting back and shooting at enemies, then running back in the hallway when they get too close...

This is what Jae was talking about when he said people back up statements with opinions. You have yet to see a ranger who can do better in a fight. You have yet to see a ranger who doesn't hide in the back and take potshots. You have yet to see a ranger who is able to take down groups of monsters and single targets faster than a hunter. You have yet to see a ranger beat up bosses and take their lunch meseta. Plenty of 'You have yet to see' statements there.

Fair enough. Not everyone can see everything. I have yet to see a meleeing FOmar in online Ultimate, and until then I'll hold the opinion that FOmars can't melee as well as HUmars. However, I no longer make statements of fact about things which I have not personally observed.

Here are some questions...be honest now, lol!

Do you have a high level Ranger in addition to your high level Hunter?

Are you playing in online Ultimate?

Define exactly what 'better in a fight' means? I assume you must mean that in a multiplayer context. There are so many definitions, you know. I can think of general ways in which HUs and RAs do damage, in multiplayer.

1) Dealing with one monster.

2) Dealing with groups of monsters.

3) Fighting flying enemies, and bosses.

So, elaborate further on why HUs outdo RAs in online Ultimate. You DO know there's a big difference between offline and online mode, right? I mean, you know that Vhard and Ultimate are miles apart in difficulty setting, correct?

Nice try, kid, but you can stop spreading your nonsensical crap now, nobody intelligent is buying it.

Here come the personal attacks ;>

Do you know how you sound like when you put in personal attacks after trying to make a point? Here's an analogy.

"Meh GI Joe si bigger n better than urs, looser!"

;>

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 28, 2003, 02:39 PM
On 2003-03-28 03:44, IceBlink wrote:

On 2003-03-27 12:30, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
To answer the question:

If you're REALLY that concerned about it, then delete all your characters, and start over with a HUmar and a FOmar, and make them both look the same in height and proportions, as well as hair, eyes, and name. o_O

i have and if you were trying to be funny and slash my confidence, you succeded in one aspect v.v;; i have two (i want two) main characters

malinko
Mar 28, 2003, 04:13 PM
FOmars aren't really effective melee'ing anywhere except Forest on ULT mode (low ATA, ATP). I recently played with a level 178 FOmar who got smacked a good deal in forest, he was using Double Saber, 50% vulcans, and the only techs he cast were SD/JZ. Not bad... but would you rather have a FO doing low damage...or a FOnewm doing 300-500 a RA tech on each set of enemies? I would prefer the FOnewm but the choice is up to you...

Tulathis
Mar 28, 2003, 04:30 PM
FOmars aren't really effective melee'ing anywhere except Forest on ULT mode (low ATA, ATP). I recently played with a level 178 FOmar who got smacked a good deal in forest, he was using Double Saber, 50% vulcans, and the only techs he cast were SD/JZ. Not bad... but would you rather have a FO doing low damage...or a FOnewm doing 300-500 a RA tech on each set of enemies? I would prefer the FOnewm but the choice is up to you...
You were getting smacked in the Forest with a level 178 FOmar? I find that hard to believe. I don't take any damage with my FOmar in the forest and he's only level 146. Hell, I hardly take any damage in the Ultimate Ruins. What level were the spells you had?

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 29, 2003, 09:19 AM
The polls are WAY too close...it's scary.
geh, i guess i could hope there would be aland slide with this sensitive topic.
as i've seen only HUmars get alot of abuse from everyone but FOs get alot of abuse from everyone even forces

HUnewearl: s/d me
Ryo: don't order me just wait for the next wave of s/D
HUnewearl: *leaves room*
O.o;
-------------------------------

FOnewm: man your techs suck
Ryo:....yeah well thats nice o.o;
FOnewm: *blows everything up with in a 5 mile radius with RAfoie*
Ryo: ...whatever.. *fires a pityful foie dart at stuff*
-------------------------------
i'd say other anoyances but that'd be classified as ranting.
"ever have someone you just met, that you wanted to contact again, just to have them PMS at you. yeah not very cool *deletes card from a list*"

i think it's best just to call this poll indecisive.

there's no clear winner and there won't be.
thank you for your votes. and who ever call inus cute
contact ME, NOW O.o;

LordCronai
Mar 29, 2003, 11:54 AM
HUmars may be common, but they're fun to play and not as difficult or frustrating as some other classes. Not all HUmars are noobs...its just a stereotype.

wizkid357
Mar 29, 2003, 10:33 PM
On 2003-03-26 17:00, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
ok ok, i'm stumped. i dont know what i want..
i want to make Ryo hayasa a HUmar for the extreme use of swords, draw back his techs will be crap as i've seen.
so why not a FOmar. he can't use any of the "cool HU only swords" but has just awesoem techs.
*sighs*
HUmars are gettign too common i don't want to be know as what everyone sees as
"dupper boy newbie guy etc etc lowest form of life in PSO"
i'm sorry but...i just don't know.. i'll post a Picture of myself (Ryo Hayasa)
tell me what you think he is...

http://groups.msn.com/e29dj1ku9kjrei3v4urvr2j437/mydrawlingsddd.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=288 (newest non-colored somewhat rushed but new)

orginal first drawing

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WwAiA1gbY*TJAKgQ4T21FBnYprXHXPWATSWPsSFCPVoZOXDw3 Fv60kqFI

Funny me and my frend are like that and we make a good team!

Cross689
Mar 29, 2003, 11:26 PM
On 2003-03-26 17:15, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
jesus ice-blink if only i truely knew.
i want to have great tech and beable to fight just as well. i just wish HUmar's weren't robbed of their Shifta and Desband and Reverser
that the tech i miss Reverser....*Sighs* help me T_T

i mean...i found cool hunter weapons and some my poor HUnewearl just can't use... but ...ok ok..
heres a story i know i'm aidiot for doing this

Ryo was at first HUmar easy move i wanted to use all the swords there were. heh then..as i reached lvl 40 things got..sorta rough...no shifta..no desband..no rev..ugh no tech fun what so ever..hack slash hack slash i soon thought. god i am such a lame HUmar...
and plus there are 100s of HUmars.. good god 1000s i just didn't want to become a giant steroe type
HOW DO YOU HUMARS DEAL WITH THE ABUSE.
i now take back everythign i've said (two or three things nothing horrid)

so i made a FOmar. alrightly nice bad defence really hard to keep alive. awesome tech WOO HOO lvl 23 gifoie great...then..ultimate...222 damage
YAY wait what the *smach* -300 hp (or something) errr HELP?!?!
i haven't touch my poor HUmar in ages. and only i'm know as a FOmar. whats should i do.

if they insult ur humar get ur bkb or dc til they apologize heheheh i used to do that on DCV2 hahahah taught them to insult me and my crazy ass needles.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 29, 2003, 11:31 PM
[/quote]if they insult ur humar get ur bkb or dc til they apologize heheheh i used to do that on DCV2 hahahah taught them to insult me and my crazy ass needles.

[/quote]

if only the best weapon i have for HUmar Ryo is... either Zamba (can't use yet) and Yamato which was a hand-me-down from my lvl 122 HUnewearl

Cross689
Mar 29, 2003, 11:34 PM
On 2003-03-27 21:18, Kent wrote:

On 2003-03-27 09:28, Elusive_Llama wrote:

Sounds like a case of envy to me, lol.

thats ur playing style not everyone plays like you.im a ramar/marl and with them im much better than i am with my humar or my fonewearl.