PDA

View Full Version : Things that people do that drive you NUTS! (On PSO)

Derkin
Mar 26, 2003, 08:42 PM
Mine is, by far, when I make/join an Ultimate HS game. I play HS for experience, no other reason. It drives me nuts when people try to speed through it by skipping past rooms/groups of monsters. EXP is EXP either way. Especially when we get to F2 and they run straight for the Dragon. For crying out loud, there is still half the level left.

I asked a guy why he bothers to play HS if he is going to skip all that exp and he says because it's a waste of time. -_-

People are stoopid. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derkin on 2003-03-26 17:43 ]</font>

Yoda86
Mar 26, 2003, 08:54 PM
For me its probably others picking up rares from enemies you kill.

Auracom
Mar 26, 2003, 08:56 PM
I got the same thing... dushbags I tell ya!
Another thing is people abusing FO's
SD every 5 seconds, give them a freaken chance to do some freaken damage. Or the loser forces that only cast Deband because they want to get more kills than everyone else. My low level friends need that... I don't care whether or not I have SD but if your a level is less than 80 and doing Ult runs you need that SD.
*smacks forehead*

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 26, 2003, 11:00 PM
that and when you see and pop a rare monster, once you hit it it's yours whatever it drops it yours.
don't friggin steal it's evil

HaLLa
Mar 26, 2003, 11:15 PM
when I played online with DC I would say the stealing of the rares, but also PKing from back then and stuff.

Although that is gone now. Which is good it ruined the game.

kat
Mar 26, 2003, 11:22 PM
I have played online once.... and was already able to think of two things that anoyed me to no end:

One was that one person wanted A/S/L instantly... which I suppose is just curriousity... but it was followed by a 'are you available?' question... I'm twenty, the guy said he was 15.... and when I told him I wasn't interested in the least, he left the game... So - Get A Life!

The second thing was that one player must have showed up just to chat... we're working through the caves, and she's standing back in a safe room asking what we all think about the war and all that, and if we're for peace or not.... I was there for the action, not the debate.

AzureBlaze
Mar 26, 2003, 11:23 PM
Oh boy! A chance to vent...I've had enough hoards of morons to last a lifetime. Start the ripping...

-The obnoxious fools on VH who use a black king bar, TJ sword or something equally powerful and then command my RAmar or FOmar to shifta them.

-The even worse people who are on Hard mode with BKBs, trying to 'team' with people. It's not a team when everything dies in 1 hit.

-Possibly the MOST obnoxious: the people who activate the boss transport while team members aren't all inside. Yeah like you couldn't wait 30 seconds for someone to get back from buying dimate.
Bosses are SO much exp that it's *incredibly* rude to leave someone behind.

-Beggars who join games, ask for Telepipe, beg for items, then leave if you don't give them things.

-People on ultimate who are "Broke". They demand the purchase of all mates and fluids by other people.

-People who say whatever spot in their game is reserved for another person (although the game is not passed) and then swear at you to leave.

-High level FOs who nuke everything, AND take every box.

-FO's who use mates to heal themselves and then pick up every telepipe they see. (what are they doing with them all!)

Derkin
Mar 26, 2003, 11:26 PM
Kat: a/s/l? j/k http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I know what you mean. There are so many guys looking to hook up with a female player through PSO. What are they expecting.

I have two words for'em: Grow up.

HaLLa
Mar 26, 2003, 11:27 PM
I agree. Find people in real life. That really bothers me.

Also what is the code for your sig?
thanks

Getintothegame
Mar 26, 2003, 11:34 PM
Um... duping, but back in DC, FSOD and RSOD.

Maelkith
Mar 26, 2003, 11:51 PM
the most annoying thing is when i make a game and others join up. player 2 is a devout legit zealot loudmouth and player 3 is a dupe lousy loudmouth. player 2 and 3 decide to debate each other (well.. insult each others lack of skills). i have no opinion on either point, as i have duped items but nothing too outlandish.

i could use some support, but instead the two stand in a room and flame each other for a few minutes. its my game, and i dont want to go anywhere. other players could have joined, but these two idiots are sitting in the space. when i do get somewhere where there are alot of enemies, they seem to show up and kill everything. then as i trudge through boring areas with little opposition they are nowhere to be found.

why cant the opinionated jerks just flame each other in the lobby. if i wanted to quit and start a new game and play alone, i could do that offline. i go online to play in a team regardless of the gear they have.just keep it out of my game. if i wanted to hear an arguement i would just stay in the lobby.

sidenote: episode 1 and 2 was designed so that uber weapons arent so uber. being legit is commendable as long as you dont whine about it. some of the dupes that are must have weapons really stink, so some dupers and dupe users are just kidding themselves. all arguements i have heard degrade into insult. the common trait shared by the arguing factions is immaturity.

kat
Mar 26, 2003, 11:57 PM
On 2003-03-26 20:27, HaLLa wrote:
Also what is the code for your sig?
thanks

Erm, was that directed at me? ::looks a bit confused::

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Mar 27, 2003, 01:18 AM
I kill a monster, rare item drops, other player stops fighting to grab the item because it has a red box.

People with uber-weapons.

SnAPPLE-fans who mail me excitedly about receiving their favorite weapon as a gift (dupe implied).

Mystil
Mar 27, 2003, 09:28 AM
When I get someones card, I mail them hello..they do not answer me. Card gets instantly deleted. I've never gone over 7 pages - that should tell you something. Just don't give me your f--king card...

One sided communication: When I'm the one doing the mailing. I stop for awhile to see if the person will EVER mail me. 2 weeks, no reply, card gone. I don't have time for one sided crap.

It's different when I get a card from someone that just got through giving me stuff. I don't want them to feel like our little 'meeting' ended there on Pioneer 2.

When I join a game, I go through bullshit just to get a freaking telepipe. Maybe it's my level...maybe low levels think high levels are all stuck up. All I know is when I'm the highest level on the team, they isolate themselves from me and almost looks like they are trying to 'RUSH KILL' all the enemies in every room. I don't need the EXP, and I don't kill everything <_< basically my job is S/D/J/Z Moon the whole time and be a 'Assured Falz Victory Trump Card' for people. Ha...

This is probably the most annoying...uncaring playing style: When you only have items that will benefit you and you only. You don't have moons, you don't have pipes. You have no good Resta, which only effects you, you are high in level and plays like this. Members die, you constantly go "I have no moons" Someone joins, "No pipes" while you are steady getting EXP. I ran into this, and I immediaitly was pissed by it. Your butt can't go buy any?? Don't tell me you're broke, when Hard mode is a money heaven.

When a FO is Super Powerful and makes it their sole mission to irradicate every monster in 1.5 seconds with a Uber Lv30 Rafoie. When they come off like their the reason the team is doing great(LOL).

S/D Rivalries are annoying. It's when you cast S/D, a person checks the boost then casts theirs and then say "Mine is better". WTF, idiot ST fixed the S/D Override LOL you just wasted TP.

Something new: They send you to the wrong Telepipe. Divert you somewhere else. Pipe goes to Mines, while thier in Ruins.

Lame.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 27, 2003, 10:39 AM
Higher level S/D overrides lower level S/D, but not vice versa. I've been doing it for quite a while now.

Only once have people activated the boss porter without me, and he was chewed out by his team mates. It seemed like an honest mistake as he was apologizing while the dragon was taking off half his health.

- People who yell 'dupe' when I'm using my Rainbow Baton...0/0/25/30/30. At least ask what %s it has before whining.

- Newb RAmars who cast S/D right after my Hunny/Ramarl/Fonewearl casts the same spells. Please.

- People who think their FO is the only one with techs at level 30 (with or without God/Technique), and brag about it ("lol all my shyt is at 30")

- People who don't try their best to res a dead team mate.

- People who run ahead and steal all the exp without waiting. I don't res these guys, and never cast support techs on them. Be very careful if you're playing a HUcast like that, and my Fonewearl is in the same team.

- People who ask for S/D, and never say thanks. Not even a simple 'tx' or 'ty'. No more S/D for you!

- People using one weapon and not bothering to use anything else. These are the newbs who run up to a group of ob lillies with a T-J sword and expect to cut them all down in one swipe. Then they get a faceful of megid, or paralyzed, and expect support.

Alena Zouryx
Mar 27, 2003, 10:52 AM
The one thing that truly erks me is the way people act in lobbies. I have never seen so many obscene and/or vulgar symbol chats and what not since version 1!! What happened to the "you will be banned for misuse of symbols" thing in the Sega user agreement form? I'm sick and tired of seeing boobies on symbols or a giant weewee, or bunnies having sex..or or...*cries*. What on earth happened to GAME-RELATED SYMBOLS?!?! SHEESH!!! *cries and huddles in the corner, shaking..*

FreakinRican
Mar 27, 2003, 11:03 AM
I know most of you don't have keyboards, (I haven't had mine a week) but for the love of all that is holy STOP typing "u, plz, r, ur" Even without a keyboard I took the time to write "you"

Another thing, people hating on most FOnewms thinking they are exp hogs. When I play him I cast once, wait a bit for everyone to get a hit, use a support tech and if need be blast again.

Last thing, Dupers ruining items for legit players. I have a pyscho wand now (traded a srank I earned myself for that thing) and I'm just waiting for someone to call me a duper. I want to have a T-Jsword but I know if I ever got one I would be ridiculed.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 27, 2003, 11:09 AM
What happened to the "you will be banned for misuse of symbols" thing in the Sega user agreement form?

In a word, profit.

Crushinator
Mar 27, 2003, 11:12 AM
#1 - Hasn't started to bug me until recently, but you create a team named "Seabed level 140+" or some such name, and then players that are WAY below 140 start joining. You don't want to be babysitting some level 84 HUmar who dies at every enemy. The whole point of the team name is to DESCRIBE THE TEAM. I can't believe people join teams without reading the title or checking to see if they team can actualy use their help. X-button people, X BUTTON!

#2 - Calling anyone a "noob" is a retarded insult. However it is MOST retarded when someone who is level 80 uses it towards someone 150+. I don't care how many level 200 characters you have on "your other card", you look like a total dumbass saying "hahaha n00b" to a level 175 player when you are 92.

#3 - Busting into a game, and the first words out of your mouth are not "Hello", "Can I play with you?" or even "TP PLZ", but "BKB 4 TRD NEED GOD/POW". If you want to work out a goddamn trade, do it in the lobby, or look for a team that is...oh I dunno named "Trades" or some such shit.

#4 - Anyone who DEMANDS the force Shifta/Deband them, and says "You need us". Forces can more than hold their own in any area, Hunters and Rangers are the ones in need of the Force's help.

#5 - Tsumikuri J-sword funboys (usually HUmars) who bust out the AWSM SPECIAL MOVE and waste all their damn PB energy. Also people who can't contain their PB for a few minutes while other players are close to 100.

#6 - Anyone who uses the excuse "I GOT KURUPTD" to beg for items, like I have any sympathy for them. Maybe if you become my friend you can get some freebies, but if you are beggar you don't even get my pity.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 27, 2003, 11:47 AM
Freakin', I don't think many people would blast you for having a Psychowand. It wouldn't be smart of them, y'know?

"0mg pwand u dupe, SD plz"
"wtf duper, resta plz"

hah.

#4 - Anyone who DEMANDS the force Shifta/Deband them, and says "You need us". Forces can more than hold their own in any area, Hunters and Rangers are the ones in need of the Force's help.

Actually, Ramarls don't really need anybody. Frozen Shooter, Snow Queen, Spread Needle and level 20 techs are all she needs to be self sufficient. The dangerous things which are not significantly weakened by level 20 jellen can be frozen. Hordes of things are turned into red mist by the spread needle.

#5 - Tsumikuri J-sword funboys (usually HUmars) who bust out the AWSM SPECIAL MOVE and waste all their damn PB energy. Also people who can't contain their PB for a few minutes while other players are close to 100.

Again with the HUmars ;>

Actually, I'm more against the T-J fanboys who use the sword exclusively, without once considering that a good hit% vulcan will net them more damage against a single target.

Mathew_Lankard
Mar 27, 2003, 12:56 PM
"0mg pwand u dupe, SD plz"
"wtf duper, resta plz"

hah.

LOL

Ive only played with VERY few groups of people who have the patience or even know to pull of a 4 person combo, I find that a lot of people dont even know how it works. But it is very worth the trouble.

Jae
Mar 27, 2003, 01:07 PM
1. People that join games and spam, "JUST CORRUPTD GIMME FREE STUFF PLZPLZ!"

2. People that seperate from the team thinking their l33t TJ Sword will assure their victory, only to get one-hit killed by a Sinow Zoa. Then they DEMAND that you revive them.

3. Heatsword room skippers. No explanation needed.

4. People that swarm over dying enemies anticipating a red box.

5. Dying boss crotch huggers.

6. People that think that groups of boxes are more dangerous than groups of Delsabers.

7. People that DEMAND Shifta and Deband.

8. The minute a rare monster shows up, all other monsters become invisible.

9. 'Reserved' games that don't have a password. Then everyone jumps on you until you leave their game.

10. More recently, I've been encountering 'lovestruck couples' who join teams and don't help anyone but themselves. They just chat and make love chat symbols at each other.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2003-03-27 10:17 ]</font>

SkyHawkX
Mar 27, 2003, 02:33 PM
People that actually believe your level is a symbol of status or determines whether you're a nube or not. Hurray, let's pipe for Canunes for a few hours. Real pro-ish.

ChibiMyu
Mar 27, 2003, 03:05 PM
1.) High level people that come in your normal mode game and kill everything in one hit while you're trying to raise your new character. ;_;

2.) Rare item hogs. My sadest story is the hucaseal that piped down into a room and just grabbed up a red box without even swinging her 1337 twin blaze, umbrella, meteor cudgel, demotition comet, chain sawd, red sword, red partisan, berdysh and whatever else she was carrying. Wow, what a fashion show... mind if my RA keeps that gun?

3.) Those people that activate the boss warps while everyone is back on Pioneer 2 buying moons to revive their weak behind. At least I have gotten my revenge on their kind. Let's just put it this way: if you try to activate the final boss warp while I'm in there and the other two people aren't, you are getting PKed, my friend. I'll just sit around until the last form while I watch you do all the work... and then maybe I'll decide to help ya out when Falzie or Olga decides it wants your soul... don't worry, I'll save you! *fires mechs*

4.) High level people who think they know everything... no... wait... I'm a 1337 high leveler who knows everything...

5.) Hypocrites - these people are sooo annoying. I mean, come on, they say they rant about things they hate in a topic, but then they go and do it themselves, like camping. Oooh... camping is so annoying.

I take pleasure in camping!

RogueXero
Mar 27, 2003, 04:47 PM
I hate it when you find a rare enemy and you get killed. Then your "Teamates" run over and kill the rare enemy and get the rare, or whatever it dropped and then they revive you. Same goes for if you find a rare and get killed.

Oh, I also hate it when someone doesn't revive you at a boss, then the boss gets killed. Or everyone but one person gets killed at a boss(mainly Falz or Olga) and that person has NO moons. Then that one guy/girl goes and kills the boss.

Derkin
Mar 27, 2003, 06:25 PM

Thank God... I thought I was the only one. -_-

kat
Mar 27, 2003, 07:55 PM
On 2003-03-27 15:25, Derkin wrote:

Thank God... I thought I was the only one. -_-

okie, I'm new to this, but what does that mean?

For me, explanation is needed...

Derkin
Mar 27, 2003, 07:59 PM
okie, I'm new to this, but what does that mean?

For me, explanation is needed...

No problem. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

You know the quest "Heat Sword"? I'm sure you do. Well if not, its a quest used as a quick method of exp. You run through the forest areas, with each room having a decent sized group of baddies, sometimes several. So clearing the entire map, including little 'hidden' groups is quite beneficial.

No one plays HS for the reward, they do it for exp. So, it drives me nuts when people make a B-line straight for the Dragon. Skipping on a good chunk of the exp. Why bother playing HS if you aren't in it for the exp? Who knows.

Fanatic72802
Mar 28, 2003, 03:01 AM
My main lament is people who get mad at be for being a male playing a female char! I'm not cross-dressing or anything like that, I chose the HUnny not only for the looks, but for the stats! S+D is really really nice ;D

So I'm a male playing a female character! Get the fark over it.

Also, I hate people who think DISK Vol6 is fruity or cheesy or just plain stupid! Oh blasphemous heresy!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fanatic72802 on 2003-03-28 00:04 ]</font>

brillyfresh
Mar 28, 2003, 04:23 AM
- People using one weapon and not bothering to use anything else. These are the newbs who run up to a group of ob lillies with a T-J sword and expect to cut them all down in one swipe. Then they get a faceful of megid, or paralyzed, and expect support.

i only use one weapon Llama, but that's because fsod scares me ... if i want to use a different weapon, i pipe to the check room

and about the a/s/l ... some folks don't realize that sometimes with HUnewearls, there is a guy (and maybe, just maybe, a smelly unwashed 35 year old guy with pizza crumbs and beer foam in his facial hair, playing pso naked ... mental picture ... ewww) behind that incredibly sexy Hunny (is it so wrong that i'm attracted to a video game character?)

and FreakinRican, i don't have a keyboard (yet) and if i don't punch in "u, ur, hv" it's impossible to keep up with keyboard-equipped players sometimes ... what annoys me is when i see that entered on a shortcut ... it's not like they're typing it every time

other than that, everyone pretty much covered my grievances, but i have a few to add:

- Vega lobbies. Nuff said. Too much to cover.

- players who say they'll dupe for free, then tell someone who wants something duped that that item isn't the one they're looking for

- players who claim to be dupers so someone will give them an item to dupe and they'll run off with it ... and VERY recently, in the past month, those so-called dupers who pull that scam on our new fellow PSOers in Europe just because they're new to online

- people who request to trade, then expect you to show them what you have first .... if someone requests a trade window from me, then they're showing what they have first ... it wasn't me who wanted to trade with them

- people that make fun of the stuff i have to trade ("ur stuff sux") because they have a BKB, tjsword, guard wave, and every other duped item in pso

- traders who don't trade one perfectly good, comparable item for another because you don't have EXACTLY what they want, and in the same sense, other traders who won't trade their good item unless you trade 2 or 3 of your good items for that 1 item

- people who think that a BKB +80 25% Native is rare http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

- people who sit next to a box, waiting for you to blast it open so they can grab what's inside

- people who wait at a locked door/electric fence, waiting for you to hit the switch

- people who run to the doorway of a room full of enemies, and me in the middle, to answer their "extremely urgent, can't wait" mail, or feed their mag

- people join a game called "leveling" and start trading while i'm fighting alone

- people who don't pack antiparalysis

- those "HUmar BKB/tjsword funboys" who demand s/d, but NEVER cast Jellen or Zalure (like my sig says)

- people who keep attacking Falz/Olga when someone else is possessed by Falz/Olga, and then, when the person possessed dies, they still keep attacking, and pretty much anyone who keeps attacking a boss when someone is dead (except for 1st or 2nd form of Falz ... i could understand if someone asks to stay dead until 3rd form ... although i could use their help before the 3rd form, it's no help if i have to keep resurrecting them)

On 2003-03-27 16:59, Derkin wrote:
No one plays HS for the reward, they do it for exp. So, it drives me nuts when people make a B-line straight for the Dragon. Skipping on a good chunk of the exp. Why bother playing HS if you aren't in it for the exp? Who knows.

i don't get this either. they play HS for experience, yet skip almost half of it just to kill the dragon? and their reason "it's a waste of time" ... isn't it a waste of time to do HS over and over and over because you didn't get the job done right the first time? in any case, i stick with the group so i get hits in along with them, then do clean up afterwards once the real time wasters have left. (did this with a 55 year old ranger tonight, off topic, but that's cool, that's like playing pso with my dad)

and personally, since i use a wavebird controller and have a 2.4 Ghz cordless phone, i get really annoyed when someone calls http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: brillyfresh on 2003-03-28 01:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: brillyfresh on 2003-03-28 01:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: brillyfresh on 2003-03-28 01:31 ]</font>

Derkin
Mar 28, 2003, 07:42 AM
I love playing as my HUmar but I had being stuck in the category of the "Vega HUmar" (thats what I like to call them). They are the BKB/TJ Sword users who can't play worth a damn, and wouldn't know strategy if it bit them in the ass. My HUmar is level 62 and I don't use J/Z. At the moment, it is far too tedious. The range is awful, and it doesn't make a lick of difference. I believe they are at level 2/3. Until I get a higher level J/Z I will not use them. As for DEMANDING S/D, never. It's not the job of the FOrce to do that. If they do, fantastic! If not, oh well. I have never once asked let alone demanded.

brillyfresh
Mar 28, 2003, 04:23 PM
On 2003-03-28 04:42, Derkin wrote:
if it bit them in the ass. My HUmar is level 62 and I don't use J/Z. At the moment, it is far too tedious. The range is awful, and it doesn't make a lick of difference. I believe they are at level 2/3. Until I get a higher level J/Z I will not use

you seriously should consider raising your j/z levels, then they really do make a lick of difference, especially against bosses, and i'll even give you a zellen 15 disk if you want .... i completely encourage every HUmar to exploit every ability they have to its fullest ... Vega "funboys" think swinging a weapon is all there is to being a HUmar, neglecting the other advantages they can utilize on enemies, but the HUmar character isn't all that helpless when it comes to support

i don't exactly know the mathematics of it, and i don't really expect this to be correct, considering all the calculations that go into damage, but in the absence of a FO, imagine a game with RAmars and HUmars, combining level 15 s/d with level 15 j/z .... add those up, and you're essentially getting s/d of level 30 ... and with female characters with level 20 techs, that's up to 40, all possible without a FO, who can bump it up to 60

without jellen and zalure, you can just cut all these numbers in half

Derkin
Mar 28, 2003, 04:46 PM
Trust me, I know how great J/Z is when teamed up with S/D. My FOmar depends on those four techniques. As for my HUmar, he'll use them once I boost those levels. Until then I feel it is to cumbersome to be beneficial.

kat
Mar 28, 2003, 08:04 PM
Re: "Heat Sword" quest explanation:

Thank you so much... I'm not familiar with the quest, being relativly new to PSO overall, but now I will pay attention to that one...

And when I get online, you fellow understanding ranters are the ones I want to join up with http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Qualifications:

Exp is very good, and I believe that sharing it maximizes it.

I love to give 'group hugs' aka Resta for others

I _share_ stuff - probably because I"m an IRL preschool teacher....

Skankhair
Jul 26, 2003, 04:38 AM
Derkin- If you want EXP, getting to the boss ASAP IS the best method.

Bosses give more EXP/time than killing basic monsters. Thus, getting to them as soon as possible will give you more EXP/hour.

Those "morons" or whatever you want to call them, are actually playing much smarter than you, and earning much more EXP/time.