PDA

View Full Version : After camping the emergency bot..

DARKWINGDARA
Aug 7, 2012, 01:20 PM
I can safely say that ship02 is broken in terms of emergency missions.

R.I.P ship02.

Halcyote
Aug 7, 2012, 01:21 PM
what a shining example of community spirit

pso2 general: sexism, webmoney and ship02 trolling

Fox2Tails
Aug 7, 2012, 01:21 PM
Howso?

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2012, 01:22 PM
yeah don't post any times or occurrences at all nope

DARKWINGDARA
Oh get out of here, Halcyote.

Haven't had an emergency for a good 20+ hours, while the rest of the ships have had atleast 2+ in the last 10 hours.

Kanore
ugh sega of japan must have this conspiracy against us americans why are we even playing this game i wish everybody learned japanese like i did

TenebriS
Aug 7, 2012, 01:36 PM

Seeing you talk for yourself here. Or just seeing things that are not true...

but to webmoney, i take it you see it as a bad thing.....because?

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 01:43 PM

Haven't had an emergency for a good 20+ hours, while the rest of the ships have had atleast 2+ in the last 10 hours.

you ever fail 30 grinds in a row?

I have

obvious conspiracy

Mystil
Aug 7, 2012, 01:44 PM
All I noticed is they added more blocks labeled PB.

Porkmaster
Aug 7, 2012, 01:45 PM
*Walks in*

sexism

Damn it!

*Walks out*

Gardios
Speaking of the devil, emergency mission in 15min.

Halcyote

ship02 has always been sparse on emergency missions. it's just an inb4 because certain users love to perpetuate anything about ship02 because of all the unsavory things that go on there, allegedly.

Seeing you talk for yourself here. Or just seeing things that are not true...

but to webmoney, i take it you see it as a bad thing.....because?
not going to turn this into a sexist debate but i'm talking about the state of pso2 general.

whether i find those good things or bad things isn't relevant.

Alenoir
Aug 7, 2012, 01:46 PM
*checks the bot*

Must mean SEGA have conspiracy against ship 5 though, they had nothing yesterday too.

Gardios
Aug 7, 2012, 01:48 PM
Bot seems to be bugged, actually.

DARKWINGDARA
Aug 7, 2012, 01:50 PM
PRAISE THINE LORD.

PSO2緊急クエ発生時間つぶやきbot ‏@pso2_emg_bot
[08/08] Ship02 にて 4:00~5:00 まで【緊急クエスト】(ダーカー)が来るかも? #pso2 #pso2_ship02 #緊急クエ

Alenoir
Aug 7, 2012, 01:51 PM
It picked up the upcoming emergency for ship 2 (seem to be city) and ship 8 it seems. Maybe just a small delay?

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 01:52 PM
they're only doing that because sega of japan's ninjas noticed you making this topic and they didn't want everyone to start getting suspicious

next: 'has anyone noticed chemtrails in forest?'

Quatre52
Aug 7, 2012, 03:22 PM
Just a bit of a slow period, a week or 2 ago, I remember getting 2 or more a night on a few different days.

Its all random, stop worrying so much about it.

Hivolt
Aug 7, 2012, 03:37 PM
Since these things are random, long periods with no events is entirely possible, unlikely but possible.

Also, what is this emergency bot you speak of?

Kinujou
Aug 7, 2012, 03:47 PM
yea it already has been stated in the past that the mission is completely and utterly random. Not getting it just means the dice hasn't rolled in our favor yet (i saw 2 city missions with only a hour separation in the past on ship 2).

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 03:52 PM
Posting obligatory Block 20 pic again.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24531305.jpg

Omisan
Aug 7, 2012, 03:54 PM
they're only doing that because sega of japan's ninjas noticed you making this topic and they didn't want everyone to start getting suspicious

next: 'has anyone noticed chemtrails in forest?'

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2WddjKWSag&feature=related

supersonix9
Aug 7, 2012, 04:38 PM
Just coincidence.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 04:44 PM
I really didn't think Sega would be so inept as to implement a system like this, but I was wrong. They really are this inept.

Valve did a similar thing with item drops in TF2. People would go WEEKS without a single drop - it checked at intervals of every half hour. So, some people would get up to 400 hours with not one single drop. Eventually valve realized that, yes, it turns out it sucks when luck doesn't work in your favor, so instead they implemented a system that randomly chooses a time between given hours. The next drop would take between maybe 30 minutes and 6 hours.

It's a far better system. Luck now exists only in the form of never getting hats! But still, it's far less frustrating because at least you get something. They need to implement failsafes like that in a lot of things in PSO2 - affixing rates, grinding rates, and emergency missions.

supersonix9
Aug 7, 2012, 04:45 PM
It'll get fixed if it becomes too much of a problem.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 04:46 PM
My concern is they thought it would work in the first place. What kind of game designer looks at these exact systems in modern games, and how they fail, and goes "yeah, that would work."

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 7, 2012, 05:15 PM
My concern is they thought it would work in the first place. What kind of game designer looks at these exact systems in modern games, and how they fail, and goes "yeah, that would work."

Ever played FFXIV? Apparently they got all their ideas from other MMO games but they forgot that while their game was p2p the systems they drew their inspiration from were f2p games. On top of that they implemented stupid limits in their systems to deter RMTers but this just made the game not fun for the average player. Nek Minnit failed MMO.

Macman
Aug 7, 2012, 05:16 PM
Don't blame Block 20.

Blame pointless interrupt ranking events.

Triple_S
Aug 7, 2012, 05:58 PM
What is this, "Emergency Bot" you speak of?

Is there something that checks for emergency mission notifications? Because I really need one of those. Tired of always logging on like a half hour or more after one.

Halcyote
Aug 7, 2012, 06:05 PM
https://twitter.com/pso2_emg_bot

mctastee
Aug 7, 2012, 06:48 PM

You forgot racism. To the OP, I have noticed the lack of emergency missions as well. It's starting to irritate me that for last 3 nights all we have gotten are interrupt rankings, when we used to get them every other night, at least when I am on anyway.

Sylpheed
Aug 7, 2012, 08:07 PM
What don't people understand about the definition of the word 'Random'?

I don't expect everyone to be a literary genius like me but come on.

Coatl
Aug 7, 2012, 09:29 PM
Random is something that if it doesn't work in your favor you blame block 20 right?
I'm not sure what else it could mean..

Lostbob117
Aug 7, 2012, 09:33 PM
For the love of god, the Emergency missions are random. They're not doing this on purpose you guys are being stupid that is all.