PDA

View Full Version : ah crap, screwed up materials

BeatZero
Mar 26, 2003, 10:46 PM
well i calculated the mats ive used on my lvl 107 RAmar and well ive screwed him up big time.

ive taken over 25 mind mats and 30 evade mats.

so is this recoverable or am i screwed (if i am is it bad enough to start over?)

Getintothegame
Mar 26, 2003, 10:52 PM
Eh... go through C9 with a faulty GC.

But seriously, there is no way to 'delete' materials. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BeatZero
Mar 26, 2003, 10:54 PM
im thinking of starting him over, id really like to have the best RAmar i can....i also have a ton of materials and items so itd be easy to lvl

Elusive_Llama
Mar 27, 2003, 09:59 AM
Llama to the rescue!

I wouldn't redo that Ramar, it is still possible to max him completely and have TWO free armor slots.

First I'd level him to 110, then go to the PSOW character guide and look up the stats at level 110. Subtract the difference and you'll figure out exactly how many mats you ate.

The difference between his base 200 stats and max stats are:

ATP: 664
DFP: 156
MST: 160
ATA: 19
EVP: 76
LCK: 90

* God/Ability also gives 2 ATA, which is not mentioned in the description.

Assuming you ate a little more than 25 mind, and a little more than 30 evade, a quick glance shows you that maxing your ramar would actually be a piece of cake.

The hardest thing is getting to level 200. Everything else is cut out for you.

So...

1) Get yourself a God/Ability and God/Arm. These are the only two you have to equip. God/Ability might be hard to trade for though. Actually, if you read further, you don't really need the God/Arm...heh.

2) Eat 150 power mats, 35 luck mats.

150 + 35 + 25 mind + 30 evade = 240.

That means you have a leeway of 10 mats in case you ate like 29 mind and 36 evade, or whatever.

3) Work up a mag with 68 def, 67 pow, 20 dex, 45 mind. You're actually wasting 16 points in dex, but so what? If you really wanted to, you could even take off the God/Arm and lose only 7 ATA off your max of 249.

I'd still level him to 110 and check out his exact mat usage. Human characters are so ridiculously easy to max. There are times when I wish they had made a HUmarl. I'd switch out my Hunny for her in a second.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 27, 2003, 10:09 AM
* revised: use this method if you want to have a 26 material leeway instead of 10. You might not even need this at all, who knows.

1) Get yourself a God/Ability and God/Arm. These are the only two you have to equip at all times. God/Ability might be hard to trade for though.

2) Eat 134 power mats, 35 luck mats.

134 + 35 + 25 mind + 30 evade = 224.

That means you have an error margin of 26 mats, in case you ate 35 mind and 46 evade, or whatever.

3) Work up a mag with 68 def, 83 pow, 4 dex, 45 mind.

Alena Zouryx
Mar 27, 2003, 10:55 AM
Er....I sorta screwed up on my materials around level 60 or so, so I just stopped taking them and I dont plan on using any of my materials until my stats begin to hit the point where they refuse to increase. Sure, I have like 50 materials (if not more) in the bank, but its a sure-fire way to prevent you using mats that you don't really need.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 27, 2003, 11:01 AM
Alena, it looks like you have human characters only. That 250 mat limit could very well save you from mediocrity.
Level that character to a multiple of 5 (ie. 135, 145, 160, etc), and check the PSOW character guide. You should see a chart listing the base stats for every level that is a multiple of 5. Subtract your base stats from those listed, and figure out the mat usage from there.

Once you have the mat usage, a little llama lluvin' will produce a plan of attack for maxing your characters.

BeatZero
Mar 27, 2003, 03:03 PM
i had been debating weither or not to restart anyway. heres why:

1. diff section id (i was whitill to get guldmilla which is duped to all hell now).
2. messed materials (can be fixed i know)
3. it sounds dumb but his name, i loved it at first cuz people always made a comment, this now gets on my nerves.
4. my friend is starting to play again (was corrupted twice) and hed be more inclined to play if i would level with him.

doh! so confused

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BeatZero on 2003-03-27 12:04 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Mar 27, 2003, 03:34 PM
I heard Whitill is actually pretty good, finding nearly all the Red weapons out there, plus other good rares.

'sides, you can always get extremely lucky and find a Guld with hit %s (lol).

I started over a character twice, but only from level 30. Starting over a level 100+ character is a bit much for me.

It's up to you. What is your ramar's name anyway?

BeatZero
Mar 27, 2003, 07:29 PM
Ramar, see what i mean?

ginko990
Mar 27, 2003, 10:12 PM
Nonsense, I used every material i found with my HUnewearl, lol. Shes level 185 now. I thought about restarting her earlier but, im too far to restart her now.

15 more levels ^_^

39 million more EXP :'(

I got this.

BeatZero
Mar 27, 2003, 10:17 PM
lol, go ginko go!

but im doing this for my friend (he for some reason he wont play unless i lvl with him) and all my chars would own normal, plus ive been thinking of going back to a RAmarl.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 28, 2003, 09:38 AM
Ramar, see what i mean?

lol, yeah now I see it.

And you were starting up a Ramarl? Woo, go Ramarls. Too bad they're wearing pantaloons instead of skimpy battle bikinis like every other anime girl with guns.

MetalGriever
Mar 28, 2003, 01:32 PM
I put way too many into evade on my Hune. It's at about 640 now at lv157. By the time I hit 200 it would put me very close to 811.

BeatZero
Mar 28, 2003, 02:58 PM
im actually considering RAcaseal too. ill make a poll on that later.

Tulathis
Mar 28, 2003, 03:08 PM
1) Get yourself a God/Ability and God/Arm.
Between this and starting a new RAmar and getting him up to level 106... I think it's a toss up as to which would take longer.

LilAngel
Mar 28, 2003, 03:35 PM
i would maybe start over while you can i redid my hune =/ but i restarted at lvl 151 my biggest problem with her was her atp and luck what i did with her was got her to luck to 70 ate 5 evade 5 mind and at 100 ate def mats till def was 300 the rest was atp and made a mag with 130 power 20 def and 50 dex and shes doing alot better now lvl 149 i had to equip 2 god bodys and 2 god arms unlike ramars that get alot of ata no fair lol o well but you are onlt 109 which is easy to get to when getting into the higher lvls thow then its much harder but over all youll be much happier anyways goodluck just use your ramar to find mats for new char and dont erase him keep him as a back up char incase the u lose the new one but i would put the new one on a diff card fsod sucks =/

LilAngel
Mar 28, 2003, 03:45 PM
i would maybe start over while you can i redid my hune =/ but i restarted at lvl 151 my biggest problem with her was her atp and luck what i did with her was got her to luck to 70 ate 5 evade 5 mind and at 100 ate def mats till def was 300 the rest was atp and made a mag with 130 power 20 def and 50 dex and shes doing alot better now lvl 149 i had to equip 2 god bodys and 2 god arms unlike ramars that get alot of ata no fair lol o well but you are onlt 109 which is easy to get to when getting into the higher lvls thow then its much harder but over all youll be much happier anyways goodluck just use your ramar to find mats for new char and dont erase him keep him as a back up char incase the u lose the new one but i would put the new one on a diff card fsod sucks =/

Polenicus
Mar 28, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-03-28 12:35, LilAngel wrote:

Great Ghu kid, there's a REASON they include things like periods and commas on a keyboard!

LilAngel
Mar 28, 2003, 04:05 PM
ttake your periods and commas and stfu k http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif who you think u are a grammer teacher????? and hey off topic k and dont flame read the rules espicially for me not using grammer geez get a life

Muku6
Mar 28, 2003, 09:21 PM
Yea, well, for those who like to spare our eyes, using some commas, periods, and other punctuation marks makes things easier to read and to decipher. Plus it makes it a heck of a lot easier on the eyes. More people are inclined to read if you at least use some punctuation, otherwise it looks overwhelming to the eye.

RuneLateralus
Mar 28, 2003, 09:29 PM
Stop it you two!

Mystil
Mar 29, 2003, 08:20 AM
Ah...I'm mostly eating POW and DEF(more DEF) mats for my Hune. Some mind mats, no Evade mats. Evasion just don't work no more, even with the Delsabers Shield. (My DFP is 237 at lv72).

BeatZero
Mar 29, 2003, 02:25 PM
i did restart and i maxed out my mats at lvl 1 (lol) needless to say i own everything.