PDA

View Full Version : GC: God Battle

Clef
Mar 27, 2003, 12:57 AM
How rare is god battle? I'm curious about it because I spent my entire day looking for the stupid thing. I would bet that I killed somewhere around 3 or 4 hundred hidelts today and not a damn one of them dropped a red box, hell, not even a photon drop. Oh well, at least I got to see my first hildetorr, although he dropped a phat monomate for my effort.

I hope this was just insanely bad luck with rares and not what I have to look forward to with redria in ultimate. At least skyly always finds something, even if it is a 9 star rare, it's still something.

gideonx
Mar 27, 2003, 09:52 AM
It's pretty rare. But if you really killed 300 - 400 i would say you had some bad luck. Not sure on the % drop but i would think it wasn't 1 every 500 or something,lol. Keep looking in the end you will love yourself for doing it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

polishedweasel
Mar 27, 2003, 10:11 AM
Wow that really sucks. i got mine online. traded my Ila with 175 Mind for it. That was my baby! OH WELL... I got another Ila the other day with 168 Mind so it's no biggie. my MST is maxed out anyway. Have fun looking. At least you don't pipe all day like I do!!! I've gotten about 8 god Units in the last week!!

FluxGryphon
Mar 27, 2003, 07:14 PM
It took me a long time to get my first one too, though I don't know how many Forest of Sorrows runs it took me. I'm looking for another one levelling up my Redria HUcast and saw my first Hildetorr too. he dropped money though. All's I can say is keep looking - eventually it'll pay off!

P.S. I believe God/Battle has the same amount of stars as the other God/Units, so it takes some time before it shows up. (Particularly since Ultimate critters tend to be more stingy.)

Captain_Anarchy
Mar 27, 2003, 10:40 PM
welll its took me about maybe a week at about 5-10 runs a day id say, i finally found it this morning when i was just doin a forrest of sorrow run for exp i was so happy to finally see that thing drop, so basically just keep at it and u will find one, but hey atleast u will probably have an easier time findin that than some other items in the game and its pretty much the most useful unit out there so just feel lucky that u will find it easier than say a lavis cannon from a tallow

Clef
Mar 28, 2003, 12:53 AM
Found it finally today. Actually, I started early this morning and the first hidelt I killed dropped it. I saw the red box drop and my jaw hit the floor. I'm so glad it wasn't a photon drop, lol. Just in case anyone believes in the beat times theory my beat time was around 980 when I got the god battle to drop. This was also in forest of sorrow.

Nishpa
Mar 28, 2003, 03:28 AM
Lucky...

It took me many more runs that that.
I started ato lvl 75, finished at lvl 97 (doing nothing else).
Figure about 15k exp per run, and ~60k per lvl. So that works out to 88 runs, x16 hidelts per run = 1408 hidelts before one dropped it.

FluxGryphon
Mar 28, 2003, 05:41 AM
There are some really patient people who play this game... As fun as killing Hidelts is (akin almost to El Rappy slaying in Fake In Yellow) after awhile I'd have to go do something else - at least play a different character.

Congrats on getting the God/Battle Clef! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Now you can recklessly combo and not get hit.

Nishpa
Mar 28, 2003, 02:11 PM
Actually I don't have that much patience. I meant that I didn't use that character for anything else until I found the god/battle. I did however play another character in the meantime.
Doing all those runs in a row would drive anyone insane.

FluxGryphon
Mar 28, 2003, 08:39 PM
Phew! *wipes brow* That's a relief.

Zeebo
Mar 28, 2003, 08:48 PM
It's pretty rare Just look at the stars easier way to find out.........

MasterJoel
Mar 29, 2003, 03:25 PM
i have found a total of two god/battle in my gaming experience... it took 8 runs the first time, and 6 the second... was i just lucky? i am trying to find another one, and have only done 4 runs for it so far... i hope i don't have the luck you people have had! and then, it will be off to find that lavis...

demonknight
Mar 29, 2003, 03:55 PM
i found mine after three runs, guess im lucky as well

Clef
Mar 30, 2003, 03:11 AM
I do play a few other characters to break the monotany of rare hunting. When I can't find a rare with redria, I switch to my skyly fonewearl and go megid crazy in eq 2 ult. Still have not gotten a mkb or sealed j, but they weren't as important to me as the god battle was.

What's sick I think is that I have three characters total so far that are in ultimate.

Level 79 Ramarl - Purplenum
Level 99 Hunewearl - Redria
Level 134 Fonewearl - Skyly

Also, yes, it is quite nice to be able to combo recklessly now with a god battle, lol. I'm still doing forest of sorrow runs in hopes of getting a magic rock iristia. So far only one hildertorr and he dropped a monomate. If I happen to get a legit mkb or sealed j before the rock then I'll abandon that hunt.