PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who is annoyed?

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 12:25 AM
By the crude and vulgar symbol arts that are displayed on daily basis...? I don't mean to be that guy.. But those gross symbol arts may be the reason that we could get into sum deep shit (i.e I.P banning.)

Valymer
Aug 12, 2012, 12:27 AM
Never seen it but I'm not on Ship 2

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 12:28 AM
If you were on Ship 2 you'd know. But since your not, then good. lol.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 12:28 AM
I've been seeing only afros recently
Afro versions of every single symbol art

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 12:30 AM
If you were the only one annoyed by it, I would be completely for the skiddies ruining it for everyone else due to them being a bunch of obnoxious, spam loving twats.

Well good, but it's crazy at the same time, some of the images im completely disturbed by i mean this is heard alot but this is a japanese game I'm sure children play it.

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 12:31 AM

Really? Well first thing i see when I log on is a flooded shop 02 with the same symbol art of a penis like wtf?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 12:33 AM
Really? Well first thing i see when I log on is a flooded shop 02 with the same symbol art of a penis like wtf?

Oh, I don't go on block 20

Cyrillic
Aug 12, 2012, 12:33 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if NA PSO ended up with this feature disabled or something crazy like that... sounds pretty abusable.

At the very least... they should add a option to only be able to see symbol chat from buddies... if its really this bad.

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 12:36 AM
Well good again. But still it's very selfish and annoying, people should go on an MMO just to see a board of users in one cluster spamming dicks allover the place. I mean this is exactly why NA/EU players can't have nice things. We'll some of us atleast.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 12, 2012, 12:39 AM
Easily the worst thing about the game for me. I wish that it was something that could be reported and with enough reports, the user could have their symbol art ability banned.

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 12:41 AM
Or just limit the things you can do w/ a symbol art.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 12, 2012, 12:51 AM
Back in PSO, you could only make symbol art with a few objects. The aim was to make recognizable symbols for "good" reactions "bad" or directions like "Heal me" or "Come this way".

I was very basic, but people still managed to make dicks and tits.

What do you mean by reducing what you can do? To what degree are you talking about.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 12:57 AM
More like have an option to hide symbol art pop-up windows in the Lobby

blace
Aug 12, 2012, 12:58 AM
Probably limiting the amount of symbols used to create such things.

I remember I was just standing around in block 20 waiting for the emergency mission to start up, symbol chat was spammed, but nothing offensive, then out of nowhere a dick shaped symbol art came up, followed by "emergency code penetration" for about 3 minutes, before deciding to do a free run instead of waiting in the lobby.

Xaeris
Aug 12, 2012, 12:59 AM
I find the vulgar symbol arts annoying, but voicing it just gives their posters joy, so I just roll my eyes and move along.

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 12:59 AM
Back in PSO, you could only make symbol art with a few objects. The aim was to make recognizable symbols for "good" reactions "bad" or directions like "Heal me" or "Come this way".

I was very basic, but people still managed to make dicks and tits.

What do you mean by reducing what you can do? To what degree are you talking about.

=____= Bears.

lunarsoul
Aug 12, 2012, 01:02 AM
Saw one person in 2-20 spamming one with a naked girl showing her crotch. I was like "yea, the mods arent going to like this..."

ShinMaruku
Aug 12, 2012, 01:03 AM
If sega had sense you could block those images/ Thus making them sit their and post nothing to you.

blace
Aug 12, 2012, 01:05 AM
Unfortunately that isn't the case, those get obnoxious pretty quickly. They're probably the people getting everyone thrown off the server.

ShinMaruku
Aug 12, 2012, 01:06 AM
Sega should have known this. Expect the worst AND best from humanity. (⌐■_■)

blace
Aug 12, 2012, 01:08 AM
Free to play really brings out the worst out of the world. It's like this in any other F2P community I've been a part of.

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 01:10 AM
Which is unfortunate that, you can't even sit in the lobby without someone spamming a penis. Horrible.

Ueno54
Aug 12, 2012, 01:15 AM
Shame Sega can't send a GM once and a while on a surprise patrol with their ban hammer ready.

xXJoshXx
Aug 12, 2012, 01:21 AM
its definatly not the environment im use to seein on phantasy star...quite a shame

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 01:25 AM
I just wonder where these people are coming from, like right now, Im in the lobby and people have been having a 10 minute convo about blowjobs.

xXJoshXx
Aug 12, 2012, 01:27 AM
gotta love free to play games

Garnet_Moon
Aug 12, 2012, 01:28 AM
Im in the lobby

I found your problem.

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 01:28 AM
lul, I do, I just hate the people.

I found your problem.

Exactly.

blace
Aug 12, 2012, 01:35 AM
The far east side of block 20 right? I'm usually in the least packed areas of the lobby, but that doesn't stop the floating phalluses from popping up.

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 01:36 AM
Of course not.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 12, 2012, 01:39 AM
So I'm not the only one that is is a little annoyed by the spamming of the dumb hentai/sex themed symbol arts , the racist cartoon ones are stupid too.

I usually just blacklist that person that's spaming those symbol arts so I never see their dumb symbol art again. I think I have about 12-15 ppl on that blacklist now.

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 01:40 AM
Oh really? I lost count of my list.

moorebounce
Aug 12, 2012, 01:44 AM
It doesn't bother me at all. I'm tired of everything being censored. The U.S. put kids too high on a pedestal. Kids shouldn't be as important as some people make them out to be. They only do it because you try and keep them from doing it. Don't like what they have on that channel? Change the channel. Don't like whats playing on the radio? Change the station. Don't like what you see on that website? Surf somewhere else. Don't like the symbol art? Play another game. It's not that hard. Don't ruin it for people who don't mind it going on by complaining.

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 01:57 AM
It doesn't bother me at all. I'm tired of everything being censored. The U.S. put kids too high on a pedestal. Kids shouldn't be as important as some people make them out to be. They only do it because you try and keep them from doing it. Don't like what they have on that channel? Change the channel. Don't like whats playing on the radio? Change the station. Don't like what you see on that website? Surf somewhere else. Don't like the symbol art? Play another game. It's not that hard. Don't ruin it for people who don't mind it going on by complaining.

And when NA/EU players get banned? Will you still think it's "okay"?

Ryo
Aug 12, 2012, 02:07 AM

Really? I mean, really!? I'm not saying don't do it for the children, because, whatever, honestly.

But I do NOT wanna see that kind of crap when I'm playing a game. And besides that, it's specifically against TOS.

So I'm going to defend the complainers, because the rules ae supposed to be in place to prevent that kind of shit from being posted at all, let alone repeatedly spammed in public areas.

Metaru
Aug 12, 2012, 02:11 AM
Really? I mean, really!? I'm not saying don't do it for the children, because, whatever, honestly.

But I do NOT wanna see that kind of crap when I'm playing a game. And besides that, it's specifically against TOS.

So I'm going to defend the complainers, because the rules ae supposed to be in place to prevent that kind of shit from being posted at all, let alone repeatedly spammed in public areas.

Not to mentioned that we were warned by Sakai himself, and still they continue to continue with the same crap. I foresee either an ip block or this game becoming a p2p when it reaches NA/EU you have to remember also that, we aren't the ones reporting (Some of us atleast) It is some of the JP players who are annoyed by the abuses of symbol arts.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 12, 2012, 02:19 AM
I don't want to see the foul symbol art all the time for myself and not for the sake of some kids. Screw the kids!

Cyclon
Aug 12, 2012, 02:20 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]
It doesn't bother me at all. I'm tired of everything being censored. The U.S. put kids too high on a pedestal. Kids shouldn't be as important as some people make them out to be. They only do it because you try and keep them from doing it. Don't like what they have on that channel? Change the channel. Don't like whats playing on the radio? Change the station. Don't like what you see on that website? Surf somewhere else. Don't like the symbol art? Play another game. It's not that hard. Don't ruin it for people who don't mind it going on by complaining.[/SPOILER-BOX]
The very fact that the U.S. is very far from being the only country that works like that should give you a pretty good hint to help understanding that you're wrong. Children ARE important, as well as fragile.

In any case, you and these people(parents) are both being selfish, which is no problem, we all are. Difference is, they are likely doing two very important and desirable things in most countries(including yours from my understanding), one of which you apparently don't do; they work, and they procreate.
Thus their selfishness takes precedence over yours. That's pretty simple really.

The people doing it don't care how others feel/if they'll be offended, and they don't care about being guests on a Japanese server either. They're spoiled, selfish, arrogant children who think the world revolves around them and that there are no consequences for their actions (for themselves and others).
They also have overgrown teeth and drink blood.

By the way, just ranting. You may as well ignore my message entirely.

moorebounce
Aug 12, 2012, 03:08 AM

Look at the pot call the kettle black. So you don't think profanity is offensive but pictures are? Nice going there.

The very fact that the U.S. is very far from being the only country that works like that should give you a pretty good hint to help understanding that you're wrong. Children ARE important, as well as fragile.

In any case, you and these people(parents) are both being selfish, which is no problem, we all are. Difference is, they are likely doing two very important and desirable things in most countries(including yours from my understanding), one of which you apparently don't do; they work, and they procreate.
Thus their selfishness takes precedence over yours. That's pretty simple really.

If the kids are fragile it's because you treat them that way and they're a lot tougher than you give them credit for. lol You should be a stand-up comedian cause you sure don't know anything about me outside of what I tell you. Saying I don't work or procreate wouldn't hurt my feelings even if it were true. W/o the parent(s) a kid wouldn't survive so whos more important? The parent(s) put clothes on their backs and feed them and make sure they have a roof over their head. Whos more important? When a child can take care of themselves then thats when they're more important.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 12, 2012, 03:10 AM
If someone at Disneyland, a family oriented resteraunt, MacDonalds filled with small children, or maybe at a local mall took out a large cardboard sign with a pic of dick going into a girls vajayjay on it, Security would be notified and the idiot with the sign would be removed for "distrubing the peace" with "obscenity" most likely.

So I feel no sympathy for the idiots that get reported and banned for doing the virtual, online equivalent of holding up an obscene sign.

NeoRydia
Aug 12, 2012, 03:19 AM
The problem is this being a FTP game and all. It doesn't really make any difference if they are banned. They can come back easily over and over for as long as they want. They will be there forever or until they get bored, but new people will just come fill in the gap.

Even if Sega started region blocking they could still keep coming back. Although it could reduce the problem a lot seeing as I doubt a lot of those type of people would even bother coming back at that point.

Valymer
Aug 12, 2012, 03:25 AM
Of course they gonna know what intercourse is by the time they hit fourth grade, they got the Discovery Channel don't they?

Saffran
Aug 12, 2012, 03:31 AM

You got it backwards: looking away *IS* the problem.
You can either blacklist up to 200 persons, or report them.
"My freedom stops where your's begins; but your freedom better damn stop where mine does." (I just made it up to translate one of my country's rule of thumb, so you can quote me on this.)

moorebounce
Aug 12, 2012, 03:34 AM
The world as a whole is a nasty evil place and you're not doing any kids a favor by trying to hide that. You're doing more harm than good. If you put kids in their proper place they'll turn out alright.

If non-Japanese players get banned (including myself) because of what these kids are doing I'll be okay. Last time I checked I didn't need PSO2 to survive. The people running the game need PSO2 to do good to feed and clothe themselves and their children. So if they feel its getting too bad and they start banning people they'll have to live with their decision.

Saffran
Aug 12, 2012, 03:38 AM
So you are advocating putting kids into their place when needed, like any sane parent would do, but you refuse to do it when they spam the symbol arts in the lobbies and annoy everybody else?

moorebounce
Aug 12, 2012, 03:51 AM
It could be grown people doing this for all we know. I thought it was gonna be worse than this so I'm okay with it. To tell the truth I don't even pay attention to the symbol art that much. I'm too busy choosing missions, grinding gear and weapons or spending Skill points to notice. Plus I don't spend that much time in the lobbies. I do most of my hanging out and chatting on maps while I'm killing stuff or in the campship. If you play the game the way it's meant to be played then you won't be exposed to the riff raff to the point of being annoyed.

Cyclon
Aug 12, 2012, 03:55 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]
If the kids are fragile it's because you treat them that way and they're a lot tougher than you give them credit for.
Believe me, the only thing that protects young children in our society is their ability to quickly forget what they don't understand. In any case, you're free to believe what you want. Most parents don't seem to agree with you though.

lol You should be a stand-up comedian cause you sure don't know anything about me outside of what I tell you.
I... fail to see the connection here. But if you ARE a parent, which I indeed think you aren't, well, don't underestimate how easy it is to completely mess with an entire person's life when it's just a young child. Apart from that, do as you want, of course.

Saying I don't work or procreate wouldn't hurt my feelings even if it were true.
That's good. That was not my intention by any mean.

W/o the parent(s) a kid wouldn't survive so whos more important?The parent(s) put clothes on their backs and feed them and make sure they have a roof over their head.
You're the one denying the importance of something, I'm not. Of course parents are important.

When a child can take care of themselves then thats when they're more important.
That's... ah.
The goal of properly raising children is for them to become normal members of society, whom can basically do the same things their parents did before them. If you mess up that part then their oh so important adulthood could be a giant mess, and they could have trouble living alongside others, or even become dangerous to them.

The world as a whole is a nasty evil place and you're not doing any kids a favor by trying to hide that. You're doing more harm than good. If you put kids in their proper place they'll turn out alright.
There is a point in their early life where children can hardly withstand the truth of life. So people hide it until they're able to withstand it. Basic. Plus most dedicated parents value their children enough so that they don't want them to simply turn "alright".[/SPOILER-BOX]
Too long. Spoiler'd.

blace
Aug 12, 2012, 03:57 AM
It could be grown people doing this for all we know. I thought it was gonna be worse than this so I'm okay with it. To tell the truth I don't even pay attention to the symbol art that much. I'm too busy choosing missions, grinding gear and weapons or spending Skill points to notice. Plus I don't spend that much time in the lobbies. I do most of my hanging out and chatting on maps while I'm killing stuff or in the campship. If you play the game the way it's meant to be played then you won't be exposed to the riff raff to the point of being annoyed.
However, the actions could lead to blocking out other regions that wish to play as a part of the community. I know you said in one of your previous posts that no one needs PSO2 to live, but would you allow the few that do this to disrupt your enjoyment and cast aside foreign access to the game?

Aside from being annoying and overly obnoxious, they're also tempting Sega's hand to lay out a blanket to keep out the rest of the world. I would be annoyed at being blamed for something the few have done, and how we'll be looked at from their view in the future. Take it as a gift that we're still able to access the game at no cost, with the ultimate penalty taking the blame for those vulgar individuals.

Sizustar
Aug 12, 2012, 05:00 AM
The action of displaying obsene symbol art, or openinly discussing sexual intercourse are in clear violation of the TOS, and the user can be reported as a Malicious user, and will be dealt with as such by SOJ.

As another Sexy*Something* was dealt with earlier.

The TOS that it violates is section 10, Part 3. 5. and 7 most likely.

TOS
http://pso2.jp/players/support/rule/

Section 10 - Part 3.
- Obscene, discrimnitation, threatening and grostuque representation and inapproriate language are not allowed in public area - (So Symbol art, public chat, as children plays the game, if you wish to discuss these subject with friend, please use Team or Party channel, and do it in a MY ROOM)

Part 5
- Act or action to induce or engaging in sexual intercourse is not allowed.

Part 7
- Slander, threats, intimidation and other such word or behavior against other player is prohibited.

drizzle
Aug 12, 2012, 08:16 AM
Just report those wicked users and they will get banned. (for AFKing, obv.)

Ana-Chan
Aug 12, 2012, 08:39 AM
You really should report them. Depictions of both male and female genetalia without censorship is illegal in Japan, and since they are playing a game where the servers are based in Japan, they are breaking the law.
There is also the fact that this game is 15+, so there are Japanese minors playing it. So instead of being annoyed, do something.

HFlowen
Aug 12, 2012, 08:50 AM

Only recently? Damn man, we've been doing that for weeks.

FRO SHO'

ClothoBuer
Aug 12, 2012, 08:53 AM
I don't mind so much the graphic symbol arts as I do the people who spam symbol arts like it's their job. There's a few people on Ship 2 that come to mind (playername:MagicalMIO for one) that I just said enough is enough and blacklist. It only takes one idiot to ruin things for everyone. There's still a lot of really good symbol art out there, like all the Lelouch ones, and the Bridgette Emergency Code (which I have admittedly made an Autoword whenever I find a Code), but I digress.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 09:04 AM
its definatly not the environment im use to seein on phantasy star...quite a shame
Ummm...lol. Then you never played Phantasy Star...

Saffran
Aug 12, 2012, 09:22 AM
It could be grown people doing this for all we know.

(found the correct tag so edited)

I placed it in spoiler for sheer decency.
[spoiler-box]
If the only thing you do after logging in is spam obscene and / or obnoxious symbol arts over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, you're not an adult.[/spoiler-box]

Kylie
Aug 12, 2012, 09:25 AM
Oh look, it's a penis.

ScottyMango
Aug 12, 2012, 09:27 AM
Ummm...lol. Then you never played Phantasy Star...

No, sounds more like he never played PSU. PSO ep1/2 was far more tame in terms of indecent assholes.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 09:35 AM
No, sounds more like he never played PSU. PSO ep1/2 was far more tame in terms of indecent assholes.
No, it wasn't.

Ever been to Vega?

ScottyMango
Aug 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
Yes, I practically lived on Vega back in the day.

It wasn't all goody goody two shoes, but it certainly wasn't the clusterfuck that PSU/PSO2 are in terms of indecency.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 09:56 AM
Ship 02 - Block 20 is essentially the spiritual successor to Vega, but it's not even close. In PSO you could hyper spam symbol chats with a piercingly annoying sound effect. I remember entire lobbies being vacated because one could not just simply be in a lobby where Anti or Nugz decided to spam the shit out of it.

Then there was the SSJ phase.

Then we had player induced FSOD potentially causing game corruptions, destroying potentially hundreds (thousands?) of hours of work. Pioneer FSOD while saving...lobby FSOD.

I will take PSO2's current situation of a few lewd symbol arts any day to the slime ball grieving back in PSO, and the fact you'd actually suggest things were better back then is asinine. I like not playing in absolute *fear* of these immature little twats, in PSO2 I can just smirk and be on my way. You might put a little more perspective on your narrow minded viewpoint of "how things used to be".

gigawuts
Aug 12, 2012, 09:57 AM
Oceanus like a boss, no spam no hate no nothin but chill dudes maxin relaxin and feelin all cool outside of the aquarium.

Ana-Chan
Aug 12, 2012, 09:59 AM
The thing is, block 20 isn't bad for a lot of the day, it is only during certain periods (mainly afternoon/evening American time, yes, all timezones EDT to PDT at this time of year) that we start seeing these problems. Right now it is quiet and there are even Japanese playing in there too.

ScottyMango
Aug 12, 2012, 10:04 AM
Ship 02 - Block 20 is essentially the spiritual successor to Vega, but it's not even close. In PSO you could hyper spam symbol chats with a piercingly annoying sound effect. I remember entire lobbies being vacated because one could not just simply be in a lobby where Anti or Nugz decided to spam the shit out of it.

Then there was the SSJ phase.

Then we had player induced FSOD potentially causing game corruptions, destroying potentially hundreds (thousands?) of hours of work. Pioneer FSOD while saving...lobby FSOD.

I will take PSO2's current situation of a few lewd symbol arts any day to the slime ball grieving back in PSO, and the fact you'd actually suggest things were better back then is asinine. I like not playing in absolute *fear* of these immature little twats, in PSO2 I can just smirk and be on my way. You might put a little more perspective on your narrow minded viewpoint of "how things used to be".

Yeah bro, I was talking about the perverseness (which is the topic of this... topic), not general spam and things like FSOD.

The fact that you try to turn everything into an argument is asinine. Grow up, chief.

Macman
Aug 12, 2012, 10:04 AM
Hahaha. Boy, when the NA/EU version comes around, I'd probably spring for premium just to hang on the premium blocks and avoid all the wastes of carbon that'll flock over to spam their cybersex.

NA/EU PSO2: Where every block is block 20.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah bro, I was talking about the perverseness (which is the topic of this... topic), not general spam and things like FSOD.

The fact that you try to turn everything into an argument is asinine. Grow up, chief.It's all relevant. I'm not trying to make an argument.

If you remembered how terrible it was back then, dealing with lewd symbol art might not actually bother you that much.

ScottyMango
Aug 12, 2012, 10:13 AM
I do remember it, and none of it has ever really bothered me. I was stating the fact that there is more lewdness on PSO2 than there was on PSO1, that's all. Now, please move on.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 10:29 AM
I do remember it, and none of it has ever really bothered me. I was stating the fact that there is more lewdness on PSO2 than there was on PSO1, that's all. Now, please move on.

Depends on what you mean. There is technically only more lewdness in PSO2 because players have the tools to do so.

PSO had an incredibly rudimentary symbol chat creator...so not much could be really done with it, and although occasionally you may have found yourself impressed by creativity...it was a rarity.

If the symbol chat creator we have today existed back then, I guarantee the inappropriate symbol chats would have been just as prominent...if not more...because SEGA never banned anyone in those days for doing anything. Point being, you can't tie the lack of as much lewd symbol arts in the PSO days in to meaning that the community wasn't still the same shit-stain on a pair of dirty underwear it's always been.

moorebounce
Aug 12, 2012, 11:34 AM
Depends on what you mean. There is technically only more lewdness in PSO2 because players have the tools to do so.

PSO had an incredibly rudimentary symbol chat creator...so not much could be really done with it, and although occasionally you may have found yourself impressed by creativity...it was a rarity.

If the symbol chat creator we have today existed back then, I guarantee the inappropriate symbol chats would have been just as prominent...if not more...because SEGA never banned anyone in those days for doing anything. Point being, you can't tie the lack of as much lewd symbol arts in the PSO days in to meaning that the community wasn't still the same shit-stain on a pair of dirty underwear it's always been.

I agree 100% with this post

Here's my problem with this whole Symbol Art issue. The majority of the people on here don't mind the racy symbol art (me included). A minorty has an issue with it but that don't give the MINORTY a right to have their beliefs pushed on everybody else. Stop trying to make a parent's job easier too by trying to cut out or censor stuff. Parents need to do their job and start parenting. The parents should be paying attention to what their kids are doing and if they feel the game is too offensive then they need to tell their kid not to play it. If you're a grown-up and don't like it go play another game. I can't make it any simpler than that.

Sizustar
Aug 12, 2012, 12:15 PM
I agree 100% with this post

Here's my problem with this whole Symbol Art issue. The majority of the people on here don't mind the racy symbol art (me included). A minorty has an issue with it but that don't give the MINORTY a right to have their beliefs pushed on everybody else. Stop trying to make a parent's job easier too by trying to cut out or censor stuff. Parents need to do their job and start parenting. The parents should be paying attention to what their kids are doing and if they feel the game is too offensive then they need to tell their kid not to play it. If you're a grown-up and don't like it go play another game. I can't make it any simpler than that.

Your opinion is irrelevant, the TOS is pretty clear on what is accepted, and what isn't.
As there was already a user here banned due to the person's username, and rampant usage of obscene symbol arts.

TOS

Section 10 - Part 3.
- Obscene, discrimnitation, threatening and grostuque representation and inapproriate language are not allowed in public area - (So Symbol art, public chat, as children plays the game, if you wish to discuss these subject with friend, please use Team or Party channel, and do it in a MY ROOM)

Part 5

Part 7
- Slander, threats, intimidation and other such word or behavior against other player is prohibited.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 12:19 PM
Your opinion is irrelevant, the TOS is pretty clear on what is accepted, and what isn't.
As there was already a user here banned due to the person's username, and rampant usage of obscene symbol arts.

TOS

Section 10 - Part 3.

Part 5

Part 7
As I'm aware there is still no concrete proof of any direct reason to why SSB was banned. The last thread that this was discussed was blaming it on the window exploiting, although I believe it's infinitely more likely they were banned for the former.

Sizustar
Aug 12, 2012, 12:20 PM
As I'm aware there is still no concrete proof of any direct reason to why SSB was banned. The last thread that this was discussed was blaming it on the window exploiting.

We can probabely test it...
Someone want to make a "alt" act with obscene username, and spamm obscene symbol art, and we all report it, and see what happens?

Squall179
Aug 12, 2012, 12:29 PM
To be perfectly honest I rather miss the old days of PSO and PSU where we had to pay to play, but at least we had a little more filtering out of this kind of crap. Maybe not a large amount of filtering out but.....at least the matter of having to pay money upfront just to play kept some at bay.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 01:13 PM
To be perfectly honest I rather miss the old days of PSO and PSU where we had to pay to play, but at least we had a little more filtering out of this kind of crap. Maybe not a large amount of filtering out but.....at least the matter of having to pay money upfront just to play kept some at bay.

Original PSO was not P2P.

\$/NIECCI\$/
Aug 12, 2012, 01:18 PM

TOS

Section 10 - Part 3.

Part 5

Part 7

you forgot these........

8. This connection to the game server, you shall be limited to the connection from the software that is installed on the terminal exists in Japan. It is prohibited to connect via a direct connection to Japan from abroad, and a terminal located in Japan and from outside Japan.
I.E. PLAYING AND NOT LIVING IN JAPAN

(Prohibition of cheating cheat-act) Article 9
I.E. ENGLISH PATCH

Personal information input
Please enter the following information.
In addition, people who have registered in the personal information is false, because there might be allowed to stop the use of SEGA ID, please enter the exact text.
I.E REGISTERING FALSE INFO TO BUY AC

im sorry that symbol art offends you but stop throwing the TOS around like OMGz ppl if you draw symbols of whowhos and hahas we all gonna get banned. if you dont like it there 40 other blocks very playable..i dont mean to be rude but its silly. i apologize if your not guilty of at least ONE of the tos violations i posted,then rant away

LOL!! all the hacking and scamming on psu, but atleast we didnt have to see "symbol porn" lmao... im sorry this was funny

Sizustar
Aug 12, 2012, 01:20 PM
you forgot these........

8. This connection to the game server, you shall be limited to the connection from the software that is installed on the terminal exists in Japan. It is prohibited to connect via a direct connection to Japan from abroad, and a terminal located in Japan and from outside Japan.
I.E. PLAYING AND NOT LIVING IN JAPAN

(Prohibition of cheating cheat-act) Article 9
I.E. ENGLISH PATCH

Personal information input
Please enter the following information.
In addition, people who have registered in the personal information is false, because there might be allowed to stop the use of SEGA ID, please enter the exact text.
I.E REGISTERING FALSE INFO TO BUY AC

im sorry that symbol art offends you but stop throwing the TOS around like OMGz ppl if you draw symbols of whowhos and hahas we all gonna get banned. if you dont like it there 40 other blocks very playible..i dont mean to be rude but its silly. i apologize if your not guilty of at least ONE of the tos violations i posted,then rant away

LOL!! all the hacking and scamming on psu, but atleast we didnt have to see "symbol porn" lmao... im sorry this was funny

Sakai already addressed the TOS change regarding Japanese connection only.
It's to combat Malicious player and RMT, he welcomes the normal oversea players.

I don't use the English patch, so that's irrelevant either.

And I use a real physical address in Japan, so I don't see the issue there either.

Squall179
Aug 12, 2012, 01:29 PM
TO the above replies: PSU was Pay to play and I remember having to shell out cash for PSOV2 onward. As far as the economy in-game goes, yeah, that was still quite a problem, and hence why I said the words "not a large amount of filtering out"

There were other problems in those games, but maybe I should have worded it this way....get the point across a little more clearly than it was first being communicated.

I miss the old days because this kind of crap wasn't a potential IP Ban hazard for us.

\$/NIECCI\$/
Aug 12, 2012, 01:31 PM
Sakai already addressed the TOS change regarding Japanese connection only.
It's to combat Malicious player and RMT, he welcomes the normal oversea players.

I don't use the English patch, so that's irrelevant either.

And I use a real physical address in Japan, so I don't see the issue there either.

ok he addressed it cool, but in the actual tos it doesnt say all that, so technically you being on the game is a violation, and i mean a seven elevan in jp is a real physical address, doesn't mean a person resides there.. i actually dont care or need you to explain yourself what you do is your buisness. im just saying people should chill and not make big issues over meager things.. like i said if it doesnt apply to you i apologise

Sizustar
Aug 12, 2012, 01:36 PM
ok he addressed it cool, but in the actual tos it doesnt say all that, so technically you being on the game is a violation, and i mean a seven elevan in jp is a real physical address, doesn't mean a person resides there.. i actually dont care or need you to explain yourself what you do is your buisness. im just saying people should chill and not make big issues over meager things.. like i said if it doesnt apply to you i apologise

I used a relative's address that I stay in summer. and this might be a small issue to you, but it's one of the reason that Ship-2, block 20 is compared to a vocal minority on ship-7, a group of China chinese player that is Pro-China, and anti-Japanese, and make their viewpoint very open, get into arguement with Japane and other Chinese player, making the stance of some pro-ip ban player arguement stronger.

Squall179
Aug 12, 2012, 01:39 PM
Knowing that bit alone, about the issues with the pro-china group being so aggressively vocal....well, that is starting to sound like a more intense problem than mere symbol art porn. The two nations have a very......unfriendly history to word it in such a mild, watered down manner that is both historically inaccurate and just plain.....stupid, but going indepth is just a derailment so I will leave it at that.

gigawuts
Aug 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah, that sounds more like what they'd want to IP ban than some english speakers who like to draw oval dicks on symbol art.

ShinMaruku
Aug 12, 2012, 02:56 PM
I find this whole thing amusing. Day after day i realize the mmo player base is terrible. But there are enough good folks for one to say fuck off to the majority of cabrons.

Geistritter
Aug 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
Never go to block 20 unless there's an emergency event. Ever.

Ana-Chan
Aug 12, 2012, 03:18 PM
Strangely enough, when I'm normally on in my timezone, B20 is actually nice and quiet. I even regularly see Japanese players in there.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
I logged in briefly before work this morning and I swear I saw "Teh Rei" with a... blue afro.

Porn just isn't enough. Now it's afro porn. I thought you guys were just joking about that but god damn.

Geistritter
Aug 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
I honestly don't see a lot of the really awful stuff, but I stay away from 20 for the majority of my playtime, and part of the reason I avoid it is because I can't stand all of the idlers dancing and the symbol art spam of even the benign variety.

Sirius-91
Aug 12, 2012, 03:29 PM
Saw one person in 2-20 spamming one with a naked girl showing her crotch. I was like "yea, the mods arent going to like this..."

Funny story, this japanese guy in the other japanese lobbies spammed the hell out of that. And he made others that I have never encountered before.

HFlowen
Aug 12, 2012, 03:32 PM
I logged in briefly before work this morning and I swear I saw "Teh Rei" with a... blue afro.

Porn just isn't enough. Now it's afro porn. I thought you guys were just joking about that but god damn.

Fro Sho'!

Coatl
Aug 12, 2012, 03:34 PM
People log onto PSO2 to play the game, not see picture porn.
It's really annoying to say the least..

Geistritter
Aug 12, 2012, 03:34 PM
They're not necessarily Japanese just because their name is in either of the three Japanese scripts. I know how to spell my character's name in Hiragana and considered it, for example, but decided against it because I felt it would give the impression to Japanese players that I myself was Japanese, and since I can't speak the language with any sort of fluency, that would cause more trouble than good.

Noblewine
Aug 12, 2012, 03:43 PM
I'm just going to ignore it once the NA/EU servers are up. If you dislike it so much just block the users spamming the symbol chat. PS02 is probably going to end up like psu/psp2 anyways so your best just using the forums to find people to hang out with and do runs.

Ryo
Aug 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
Look at the pot call the kettle black. So you don't think profanity is offensive but pictures are? Nice going there.

Oh yeah, I used a word once in an entire post on a forum that is frequented mostly by adults and that's the same as showing children a graphic depiction of sex. What world do you live in?

Those actions are against the TOS. And if that's your idea of a good time, then yes, I'm out to ruin it.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 05:15 PM

I did warn everyone on page 1 about this

Kous
Aug 12, 2012, 05:39 PM
Well im sorry but it is mostly serious gamers who are doing these symbol arts to be funny. I mean if you played PSU you know ppl usedd to shout nasty and weird stuff.

And probably only a PSO lover would go from PSU to PSO2 and the Japense server at that. So i think that GM's will ban the ones doing it but There will always be more to start to do that.

So to solve the problem I.P block

50 bad apple ruin the bunch, cuz there isnt just some ppl spamming those symbol art there is many

Demon-
Aug 12, 2012, 05:45 PM
You guys think this is bad just wait until the english version is released.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 05:46 PM
Well im sorry but it is mostly serious gamers who are doing these symbol arts to be funny. I mean if you played PSU you know ppl usedd to shout nasty and weird stuff.

And probably only a PSO lover would go from PSU to PSO2 and the Japense server at that. So i think that GM's will ban the ones doing it but There will always be more to start to do that.

So to solve the problem I.P block

50 bad apple ruin the bunch, cuz there isnt just some ppl spamming those symbol art there is many

What about the Japanese people who make and spam offensive symbol art?
I won't make up numbers, but saying that Americans are the only people doing it is just wrong

Kous
Aug 12, 2012, 05:51 PM
What about the Japanese people who make and spam offensive symbol art?
I won't make up numbers, but saying that Americans are the only people doing it is just wrong

Like someone said above they dont know what were talking about because there not on Ship 2 and others said avoid block 20 and you wont see it

Now till me what Sega's gonna think Ship 2 block 20 is full of over sea ppl, and thats were all the bad symbol art is coming from mmhmm. I wonder who that could be maybe its the Japanese in a block full of over sea guys. :-?:-?:-?

Thats just not logic to think its someone who is japanese

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 06:07 PM
You guys think this is bad just wait until the english version is released.There will likely be very little difference.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 06:17 PM
Like someone said above they dont know what were talking about because there not on Ship 2 and others said avoid block 20 and you wont see it

Now till me what Sega's gonna think Ship 2 block 20 is full of over sea ppl, and thats were all the bad symbol art is coming from mmhmm. I wonder who that could be maybe its the Japanese in a block full of over sea guys. :-?:-?:-?

Thats just not logic to think its someone who is japanese

If block 20 has all the Americans with their offensive symbol arts, and all the other ships and other blocks have even 1/50th the amount of offensive symbol art, that is still 10x as many non-Americans that use them
There, I made up numbers

Demon-
Aug 12, 2012, 06:23 PM
There will likely be very little difference.Keep telling yourself that.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 06:46 PM
Keep telling yourself that.By what experience or evidence do you have that the NA/EU version will magically just be worse than the JP one in terms of American players being douchewranglers?

You have none. You're just parroting.

Demon-
Aug 12, 2012, 06:51 PM
By what experience or evidence do you have that the NA/EU version will magically just be worse than the JP one in terms of American players being douchewranglers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeG39Q5tvwo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeG39Q5tvwo

What?

Darki
Aug 12, 2012, 06:56 PM
By what experience or evidence do you have that the NA/EU version will magically just be worse than the JP one in terms of American players being douchewranglers?

Not just american players, but if you don't wanna see the evidence that's your problem.

The US/EU servers for PSU were always worse in terms of community behavior than the JP ones. The place in the JP PSO2 servers where the worst behaviors can be seen is the block in the ship where the highest number of "westerners" tend to hang out.

And this, considering that in the JP servers we do have an ultimatum -"behave or GTFO"- that is probably making many concerned players to be more cautious. This won't happen in the western version, they can't IP ban the country where the server is supposed to be, y'know.

I don't really know why that need to argue about everything that you always show. You can't deny that the western community is less mature than the asian one in terms of behavior, and you just need to try any game you want, PSU included, to see this.

Geistritter
Aug 12, 2012, 06:57 PM
...The evidence is that that's what they've done at every other opportunity. You're the one talking out of your ass.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 07:10 PM
Not just american players, but if you don't wanna see the evidence that's your problem.

The US/EU servers for PSU were always worse in terms of community behavior than the JP ones. The place in the JP PSO2 servers where the worst behaviors can be seen is the block in the ship where the highest number of "westerners" tend to hang out.

And this, considering that in the JP servers we do have an ultimatum -"behave or GTFO"- that is probably making many concerned players to be more cautious. This won't happen in the western version, they can't IP ban the country where the server is supposed to be, y'know.

I don't really know why that need to argue about everything that you always show. You can't deny that the western community is less mature than the asian one in terms of behavior, and you just need to try any game you want, PSU included, to see this.You can't even tell when JP players are exhibiting bad behavior unless they are spamming bad symbol chats, because you don't understand them. You simply cannot make obtusely generalized statements such as "The JP community is so much better!", as much as you think you can. Your head is simply in the sand involuntarily, in this case.

Also...a video of about a minute of standing in the populated area of the demo, comprised of the same 3-4 people spamming the same thing. for the entirety of said minute. Yeah, really great case closer you got there Demon.

Not.

Darki
Aug 12, 2012, 07:31 PM
You can't even tell when JP players are exhibiting bad behavior unless they are spamming bad symbol chats, because you don't understand them.

In the first place, I can tell when JP players are even talking, which is actually less often that western players tend to do. You just need to go to a populated block that isn't block 20 and you already see a huge difference in the chat window. of course I can't know what they talk to themselves by private chats, but that is, in itself, another proof. At least they keep their shit to themselves.

Also, you can't really know how wide is my knowledge of japanese, so I'm afraid you make too fast judgements of what we can or we can't tell.

You simply cannot make obtusely generalized statements such as "The JP community is so much better!", as much as you think you can.

You simply cannot make obtusely generalized statements based on your little knowledge of the matter assuming that nobody knows better than you, as much as you think you can.

It's a fact that the japanese culture and mindset is, let's use the word "quieter" than our occidental society. The japanese language doesn't even have in its lexic words as harsh as english, spanish or many other western languages, and I'm sorry, but this is another fact. Even in manga, anime and videogames, where the language tend to be more aggresive than the usual for a japanese "commoner" you don't really find many swear words, most of them are translated very freely to make it sound more convincing to the occidental market, but you just need to see the media in it's own language and a little knowledge of coloquial japanese to notice that they rarely say anything worse than "shit".

You only need to pick a japanese diccionary to see this, but considering that it seems that you can't even read one, I can't understand where that sense of righteousness comes, as the truth is that you don't know shit and you assume that nobody knows shit either. Well sorry, but I do know shit. I didn't study japanese language for years with native teachers for nothing.

Your head is simply in the sand involuntarily, in this case.

Why is my head in the sand? What is what I don't want to see, according to you? Because you're showing the exact same behavior.

Also...a video of about a minute of standing in the populated area of the demo, comprised of the same 3-4 people spamming the same thing. for the entirety of said minute.

Yeah, really great case closer you got there Demon.

Not.

Anybody who played PSU in the US/EU or 360 servers can tell you that the behavior showed in that video was the norm. The fact that you can't seem to admit it might come from that same blindfolded attitude that I described.

But hey, dude you seem to forget the point here: We do want the server to be as wonderful and awesome as you believe it will be. We have nothing against that. We just believe it won't be, because there's past (and present)evidence of it. But if at the end it does indeed go as you say, I'll be the happiest here.

Demon-
Aug 12, 2012, 07:37 PM
Also...a video of about a minute of standing in the populated area of the demo, comprised of the same 3-4 people spamming the same thing. for the entirety of said minute. Yeah, really great case closer you got there Demon.

Not.

It's like that on the demo 24/7 (seriously go play it) and with this game going to be free and all, you know it's going to be exactly like that.

Lostbob117
Aug 12, 2012, 07:38 PM
If you don't like it don't go to block20, also yeah english version release will hopefully take most of the annoying players away. Also Zipzo stop being stuck up you and everyone knows English will be worse than jp server. You know with Sega of America not going to deal with hackers and such, and as I said most annoying will go to english release.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 07:42 PM
If you don't like it don't go to block20, also yeah english version release will hopefully take most of the annoying players away. Also Zipzo stop being stuck up you and everyone knows English will be worse than jp server. You know with Sega of America not going to deal with hackers and such, and as I said most annoying will go to english release.
Actually, I'm preaching that you, anyone else, nor me, know anything, so we should stop assuming.

Demon-
Aug 12, 2012, 07:46 PM
Actually, I'm preaching that you, anyone else, nor me, know anything, so we should stop assuming.

Yeah what do I know I've only been playing every PSO game since 2001.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 08:24 PM
Yeah what do I know I've only been playing every PSO game since 2001.That doesn't make you special. So have I.

Demon-
Aug 12, 2012, 08:27 PM
That doesn't make you special. So have I.
I seriously doubt that.

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 08:48 PM
I seriously doubt that.Oh jeez. Since you doubt it, you've changed the course of the space time continuum to make what I've said a lie.

Grow up. I've been playing Phantasy Star ever since the game released on Dreamcast, and I have plenty of practical experience that I remember from those days to prove it. We can have a pissing match if you want, but I'm thinking nobody wants to witness that.

Anyone actually agree with me for once?

Kylie
Aug 12, 2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeG39Q5tvwo

What?>___>

Exactly.

Even the PC/PS2 servers, which was not free, got that bad sometimes, but I played the demo for like 5 minutes on 360 one time just out of curiosity. And, that shit was unreal. Block 20 slows down my game a lot, and I honestly haven't run with randoms once since I started (la dee da, I know). As long as hackers aren't interrupting my game experience, I really don't care what spammers are doing in the populated areas.

Dan Maku
Aug 12, 2012, 08:58 PM
I haven't seen any vulgar symbol chats lately, and I'm on Ship 2.

Then again, I don't play on the wretched hive that is Block 20, so...

Ark22
Aug 12, 2012, 09:11 PM
This is why we can't have nice things. Guess I better preorder CODBO2 like every American.

The Walrus
Aug 12, 2012, 09:33 PM
I'm half tempted to remake my alt account on ship 2 and see how bad B20 is firsthand...

Darki
Aug 12, 2012, 09:36 PM
I'm half tempted to remake my alt account on ship 2 and see how bad B20 is firsthand...

You'd be dissapointed though. Since Sakai's "ultimatum" people is kinda calm compared to the release...

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2012, 09:57 PM
You'd be dissapointed though. Since Sakai's "ultimatum" people is kinda calm compared to the release...
He'd be disappointed anyway.

Can't count how many people I've see say the words "This isn't that bad..." across the forums...

Darki
Aug 12, 2012, 10:05 PM
Is not that bad anymore. Hopefully the new ToS addition has scared many people enough into good behavior.

darkwraith007
Sep 5, 2012, 11:48 AM
One thing could be that you have to reach a certain progression point or land certain achievements before being permitted to use Symbol Art. Perhaps Level 20 in one class and having reached X point on the Matter Board?

Darki
Sep 5, 2012, 12:43 PM
Like only newbies do that? In fact most stupid symbol arts I see come from bored capped characters doing the lobby troll.

Gama
Sep 5, 2012, 01:56 PM
i usualy make some funny symbol arts, to use in situations that are funny.

not to just trolololol with them.

-.- when the na servers come out, all the lil troll will go away i hope.

Monkeyx
Sep 5, 2012, 02:36 PM
Number 1 rule when dealing with other people: assume the worst humanity can offer.
in this case you should probably find some way of restricting symbol art: if a set number of people report you for offensive symbol art, remove it for about a month, if it happens again, 3 months, if a third time, permanently

simple 3 strike system is used in the justice system (at least in theory it was supposed to be) in the US, use it in games. for that set number? make it about 50 or so, not too high, not too low, you can always adjust it depending on population

Mystil
Sep 5, 2012, 02:55 PM
It's happened so often that I've gotten used to it to the point where I don't even notice them anymore.

Darki
Sep 5, 2012, 02:56 PM
Number 1 rule when dealing with other people: assume the worst humanity can offer.
in this case you should probably find some way of restricting symbol art: if a set number of people report you for offensive symbol art, remove it for about a month, if it happens again, 3 months, if a third time, permanently

simple 3 strike system is used in the justice system (at least in theory it was supposed to be) in the US, use it in games. for that set number? make it about 50 or so, not too high, not too low, you can always adjust it depending on population

Then, according to your rule 1, I'd assume that the system you're suggesting would probably be used to team-ban people for jealousy reasons, or just to jerk around in a world without any consequences.

50 people can be convinced to ban somebody, maybe not by everybody but some teams have that manpower. and any higher number than that, it's impractical, people doesn't really care about symbol art, they just go mind their own business.

IzzyData
Sep 5, 2012, 04:46 PM
Symbol art is almost always annoying, the conents don't make any difference at all. Same goes for excessive use of autowords. Not any different then spamming. But if you are somehow being offended on the internet by something someone does then I think you are in the wrong place.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 5, 2012, 06:29 PM
You know you can turn off symbols right?

IzzyData
Sep 5, 2012, 06:39 PM
You know you can turn off symbols right?

Havent needed to as of yet, but I am on ship 10. I get the feeling I would on ship 2.

Lostbob117
Sep 5, 2012, 07:47 PM
Easy get around, avoid block 20.

blace
Sep 5, 2012, 08:02 PM
Easy get around, avoid block 20.

Truer words have never been spoken.

KEV1N
Sep 5, 2012, 08:10 PM

I bet you're great fun to party with.

dablacksephiroth
Sep 5, 2012, 08:22 PM
Last time I took time, politely out loud, at requesting a halt on the nonsense about the symbol arts spam, I was the one that got told to "grow up".

A guy walks up to you and sticks his @*$! in your face, wiggles it, and laughs. Wait.. you're the one that's supposed to "grow up"?

HAHAHA!

Edit: Whooooa... that word wasn't filtered.. had to manually filter. rofl

Vintasticvin
Sep 5, 2012, 08:54 PM
-.- No respect for the Japanese thats hosting them and the dick pics could be worser, it could be a pic of their dicks xD

xanthro
Sep 5, 2012, 09:05 PM
worse? learn to spell on before posting on the forums kid ;) J/k poke poke

Na, people are going to do what they want... just have to learn to live with it sadly. if it gets too out of hand, maybe sega could add a "turn off all symbol chat" option. all the face emoteacon crap that the jp players pop up annoys me to no end.

Blues22475
Sep 5, 2012, 10:24 PM
Unfortunately, some of those imagines count as "humor" to some. Though it shows lack of tact especially to the Japanese that are present (they may not even know wtf it means).

I find it irritating, but it's not like you can police them.

eharima
Sep 6, 2012, 01:18 AM
Just need to make a pixelated censored version :D

Inazuma
Sep 6, 2012, 01:59 AM
The problem here isn't cocks. It's symbol art spam in public chat. If you have a problem with the fact that's it's a cock being shown, then yes, you actually do need to grow up. The only reason you are offended by "nudity" is because you were told to be offended by it. There isn't actually a reason behind it.

Ignorance aside, the spamming is annoying and inconsiderate to others around. The best solution for now is to not encourage it and/or move to a different lobby. Once the English version is out, most of the bad players will quit the Japanese version.

Mike
Sep 6, 2012, 02:43 AM
The problem here isn't cocks.
That must be why it's against the ToS to display them in game.

Inazuma
Sep 6, 2012, 03:16 AM
That must be why it's against the ToS to display them in game.

OK, it's against the rules. It's not impossible for a rule to be bad, you know. Anyone who thinks something like nudity is bad for no reason at all, is ignorant. It's silly to have a rule without a reason to back it up. When will people learn this important lesson?

Hopefully this post isn't too good for this forum. This is the kind of stuff the mods love to delete. Personally, I think education is a good thing. *shrugs*

blace
Sep 6, 2012, 03:27 AM
OK, it's against the rules. It's not impossible for a rule to be bad, you know. Anyone who thinks something like nudity is bad for no reason at all, is ignorant. It's silly to have a rule without a reason to back it up. When will people learn this important lesson?

Hopefully this post isn't too good for this forum. This is the kind of stuff the mods love to delete. Personally, I think education is a good thing. *shrugs*
You have to consider that since the game is free to play, it is also open to a larger audience ranging from children to adults.

Indecent behavior is expected, after all who can control the masses that choose to play it? I'm not saying it shouldn't be around, just not spammed every few seconds as it tends to happen.

It's not just the english playerbase that's only doing it, I have met a few japanese players myself that like to show off what they can do with it, just not as frequent as block 20.

Meena09
Sep 6, 2012, 06:53 AM
I may be in the minority but I actually think that it gives the game character (but I agree some of the stuff is pretty indecent).. Sure it's really annoying but by degrading the space in one lobby makes the space in another a lot better. i usually joke about block 20 being the ghetto, and those message spamming macro tards are, you guess it drug dealers!!

but you must consider exactly who is doing this and it's probably children anyway

however you view it, It makes solitude ever more pleasing if you can find it.

dablacksephiroth
Sep 6, 2012, 07:21 AM
The problem here isn't cocks. It's symbol art spam in public chat. If you have a problem with the fact that's it's a cock being shown, then yes, you actually do need to grow up. The only reason you are offended by "nudity" is because you were told to be offended by it. There isn't actually a reason behind it.

Ignorance aside, the spamming is annoying and inconsiderate to others around. The best solution for now is to not encourage it and/or move to a different lobby. Once the English version is out, most of the bad players will quit the Japanese version.Oh? Ok. Let me have your address, I wanna come make a quick visit to your place and slap my dick in your face while you're talking to another group of friends.

Unless you're a slut or very strong BDSM Male homosexual (no offense to others), then I'm just on a losing streak here.

Average people in general might have brainless reasons for offensives, but I personally would rather not see that mess out of my own preferred wishes, not because I'm offended, nor do I wish those around who do actually get offended having to experience it. There's also females lurking in those lobbies, too.

In any case, it's all a matter of respect. Where I come from, you respectfully keep your dick zipped in your pants until it becomes those necessary times.

Granted, don't get me wrong, I obviously don't know what nationality, age, or gender is responsible for posting when they are posting them because we're all anonymous in cyberworld, but to defend that same anonyminity that use their hidden status as an excuse to do universally notorious immature actions for the sake of making themselves laugh or to irritate those around them and acknowledge their victims as the REAL immature fool in the matter is the -mostest stupidester- bull droppings I'd ever heard.

There's also the case of artists who worked hard on their symbol art, showed the public and get a dick drawn on it, that's just plain disrespect to anyone from any country.

You can't just shun off a widely offensive action and then go and speak about another equally offensive action and only dub the OTHER as 'annoying and inconsiderate'. Just like you like dicks in your games, I like spam.. believe it or not. It entertains me. But even though I enjoy it I will still acknowledge that it's immature.

redroses
Sep 6, 2012, 09:05 AM
I don't feel offended when seeing the dick symbol arts, because it's just a dick, however, they are just very annoying. Seriously, it's a penis, get over it, I am pretty sure you have one, if you find them so interesting go touch yourself.
There is nothing funny, or original about making a symbol art of a penis, and it's weird how many people think it is. Makes me wonder if they are like those people that start to giggle when you say penis...

Anyway, it would just overall be nicer to not have these symbol arts slapped into your face the whole time. I think the one of the penis is still harmless, the ones with sperm are the worser ones, uah.

Also, just moving to a different block isn't always possible if you are trying to look for randoms to play with on block 20, as that is where the most players are.

.Rusty.
Sep 6, 2012, 09:19 AM
A smart developer would have put in a option to block public symbol chat.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 6, 2012, 09:26 AM
The action of displaying obsene symbol art, or openinly discussing sexual intercourse are in clear violation of the TOS, and the user can be reported as a WICKED USER

fixed

Powder Keg
Sep 6, 2012, 10:40 AM

Ok, Jim Morrison. :roll:

Eternal255
Sep 6, 2012, 12:19 PM
lulz at this whole thread. shit like this is why i wanna stay on the japanese servers. glad im not on the same ship as you guys xD

BIG OLAF
Sep 6, 2012, 12:28 PM

ITT: Being an immature man-child that draws grotesquely accurate male anatomy in a video game for the express purpose of offending and/or annoying other people is 'education', and someone who disagrees is obviously 'ignorant.'

.Rusty.
Sep 6, 2012, 12:38 PM
8===D Bam you are now educated!

firefiore
Nov 14, 2012, 09:24 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about, but then again, I don't hang around block 20 or as it is widely known the "Scum" Block.

BIG OLAF
Nov 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
It's funny, because there's only a small handful of Block 20 "regulars" that actually manage to drag it down to being a 'scum' block. Yeah, all by themselves. It's pretty amazing.

firefiore
Nov 14, 2012, 02:12 PM
Let me put it in another way... As tolerant as they have been known to be, the japanese playerbase has been known to avoid that block like the plague. The people who speak in local chat, they are part of the reason, but not entirely at fault. But once the US version gets released, all those penis drawings will likely be gone from the JP servers for good. We all know those people are going to migrate over. In all honesty, pictures of penises are about as immature as tea-bagging.

Retehi
Nov 14, 2012, 02:14 PM
Are you a necromancer?

firefiore
Nov 14, 2012, 02:21 PM
No, because bringing someone back from the dead would require something that I don't have. If you want to complain like a little baby about threads bring revived, maybe someone should move them? Seriously, would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

Retehi
Nov 14, 2012, 02:26 PM
No, because bringing someone back from the dead would require something that I don't have. If you want to complain like a little baby about threads bring revived, maybe someone should move them? Seriously, would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

Oh aren't you a paragon of witty retorts and ripostes. I remember hearing the line long ago when people were trying to be cute. Thanks for the nostalgia. :)

firefiore
Nov 14, 2012, 02:36 PM
Yes, and it never gets old. I admit, I could've went with something like...

France called, they want that bottle of whine that you owe them.

Kamal
Jan 7, 2013, 02:43 AM
lmao does type of symbol were here since the Dreamcast era, you should of scene when 9/11 happened, it got worst then, i have scene all type of female figure, male figure and anime arts. So far they dont bother me and i dont see why they should do something about it.

Us legits used symbols for gathering the troops like regroup for shifta and deband or healing and our own special codes that non legits couldn't understand and the best parts it started here on pso-world forums, symbols meant we were from here and we played legits and we could add each other on friends list.

I suggest you simply block users that use offensive symbols cause i dont support internet beeing down graded by morons or sensitive people, beside worry about your own kids not others cause most kids know what happens but parents try to silent them out of ego and personal image

You can always play on another ship, we did it back in the day

xanthro
Apr 25, 2013, 06:33 PM
16 pages of posts that could be easily prevented with a simple "Turn off chat symbols". We have it for "Auto words" so I guess this alternative makes no sense.

Edit: Then again, if we give personal choice to people, the world would explode.

Fijiwater
May 1, 2013, 09:21 AM
Oh no, a penis emoticon, what will we do.
You grow the fuck up and ignore.
And the only "children" that play this game, are those of bad parents, so i'm sure they hear/see worse.