PDA

View Full Version : DANG IT

HaLLa
Mar 27, 2003, 01:25 AM
I see my first Hildetorr and die cause my STUPID Mag!!

It has photon blast aka I can not use resta. I use photon blast and it kills me before I an heal. Dang it.

Captain_Dude
Mar 27, 2003, 02:22 AM
Ouch... Better luck next time...

MonoxideChild
Mar 27, 2003, 07:31 AM
That will teach you to carry a scape doll with you.

Captain_Dude
Mar 27, 2003, 07:40 AM
There's always the possibility that he ran out...

Yoda86
Mar 27, 2003, 08:09 AM
I feel your pain, my first Hildetorr Killed me. But just because we hunters die from superiorly strong monsters doesn't mean its our MAGs fault.

Captain_Dude
Mar 27, 2003, 08:46 AM
Heh... maybe it was his MAG's fault because it didn't heal him when it was supposed to...

"...Welcome to, Welcome to Welcome to my house
ganbaru nyo chotto dake DOJI na atashi demo
Welcome to, Welcome to Welcome to my heart
kyou mo KIMI ga kite kureru no matteru nyo..."

Mystil
Mar 27, 2003, 08:50 AM
On 2003-03-26 22:25, HaLLa wrote:
I see my first Hildetorr and die cause my STUPID Mag!!

It has photon blast aka I can not use resta. I use photon blast and it kills me before I an heal. Dang it.

Don't have Resta placed in your R button menu. That'll take care of that problem.

Yoda86
Mar 27, 2003, 09:11 AM
Actually, I have my technique list (when holding R press Y, to rearrange just hit X) rearranged so that resta is on the top with some other usefull techniques when my Photon Blast meter fills and I'm in a tight spot.

Whatley
Mar 27, 2003, 02:28 PM
Should have used your PB then healed.

HaLLa
Mar 27, 2003, 02:31 PM
I tried to heal but couldnt. I have it on the R menu.

so it was my mags fault and mine for having it there.

Also I never carrie scapes. I dont wanna die for some stupid reason and waste one. I do have scapes tho

Piro-Skies
Mar 27, 2003, 02:54 PM
Maybe try using a Mono, Di or Trimate, Theyre faster than casting Resta.

-Piro Skies

polishedweasel
Mar 27, 2003, 04:11 PM
On 2003-03-27 06:11, Yoda86 wrote:
Actually, I have my technique list (when holding R press Y, to rearrange just hit X) rearranged so that resta is on the top with some other usefull techniques when my Photon Blast meter fills and I'm in a tight spot.

Actually, i do the same. it keeps me alive. I've taught all my friends to do it too. It really helps. Only problem with them is that they don't wait till there up for a second to cast resta.(so that they can target other players) The only one that caught on was my ten year old brother. He's the best player beside myself in the neighborhood. Some people are so hard headed.

I have one friend that bitches about what I find and how often I do it. He doesn't comprehend the fact that I spend about 10 hours a week piping for rare monsters. Some people will never learn...

TeamPhalanx
Mar 27, 2003, 04:18 PM
You're blaming your mag?

It sounds to me like it's your own arrogance/stpuidity that got you the old red screen.

1. No scape dolls.

2. Mag doesn't have healing PB.

3. Button configuation.

4. Use the quick menu for a mate.

5. At any time before the encounter, rest pb to 0.

6. Not press the button for the pb.

7. Run out of the room.

Any one of these and several more options were available... and you blame the mag?

Aredhel
Mar 27, 2003, 05:03 PM
I can sympathize with ya HaLLa, i always save my blast until I "need it" and I strive to only use mates when I'm in a tight spot. So it's a lose-lose situation. For me. Not the monsters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I wish I could blame it on the fact that the GC controller lacks enough buttons, but WE can only blame ourselves, eh?

Jae
Mar 27, 2003, 05:11 PM
Use Trimates on the quick menu. I don't care what class you are or what level Resta you have. Trimates will save the day when you're about to die and can't get away from the action to heal yourself. Think of them as the "in case of emergency break glass" item. I always carry 10.

Better luck next time.

The_Real_StarWind
Mar 27, 2003, 06:43 PM
I feel your pain...

thewiredknight
Mar 27, 2003, 07:08 PM
That's my biggest complaint with PBs, on more than one occassion I was about to die so I tried to cast Resta and was in the MIDDLE of casting it when somebody activiates a PB, as soon as it's over, my Resta was cancelled (even though I was still cost the TP for it) and before I could cast it again, I get killed by a Delsaber.

Miyoko-chan
Mar 27, 2003, 07:15 PM
bummer

that never happened to me before because i'm always in a group.