PDA

View Full Version : Just re-rolled my Lv.40 Hunter and need opinions

Silver Crow
Aug 13, 2012, 07:43 AM
hi, i just re-rolled my Lv.40 Hunter (so far have rerolled a lvl 18, 22 and now 40). Even though i bought 1000 ac to buy 2 more skill trees i was still unhappy with my build and mag.

This is what i'm thinking of making my new character have:

* Male Cast Hunter
* Build: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebkIqBqqIb4QqocA
* Mag: S-Atk/S-Def (for armor+weapon requirements)
* Affixes: Rappy/Signo Souls (+30 Abi, +20 HP) to stabilize damage and make my Monomates heal more

I main the Sword for bosses and Wired Lance for AoE clearing mobs.

Before anyone says anything about the 'Automate Halfline' it is the only build i liked out of all 5 Skill trees i have tried and tested. Reason i take it is because it allows you to just play very aggressive and worry less. It gave me a better mind set and i got better at just-guarding and hitting weakpoints because of increase focus. So to me it is a must have skill so no comments about it. Just need opinions on the rest of build please :< Hoping re-rolling and losing a tonne of money was worth it...

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2012, 07:46 AM
My only advice is to lose just counter for just reversal. If you find Automate Halfline fits your playstyle the best, then go for it!

Silver Crow
Aug 13, 2012, 07:51 AM
My only advice is to lose just counter for just reversal. If you find Automate Halfline fits your playstyle the best, then go for it!

In 4/5 of my builds i had Just Reversal over Just Counter and i didn't really like it since i could block/dash before getting hit and when i did get hit i would be too slow and i would just get annoyed at myself constantly for missing. Plus recently have tried out Just Counter and even if you don't use it to attack after the Just-Guard it actually improves the overall frames so you can dash out faster after Just-Guard (it's really noticeable). It's the same as having Step Attack, even if you don't attack after stepping you still have those frames so anything after the dash is faster with Step Attack.

This is all my opinion but correct me if i'm wrong.

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2012, 07:53 AM
Erm, I've never noticed any of that. Placebo effect? Negligible enough that I never saw it? Not saying you're wrong, but either way I'd rather be able to jump back up after being knocked down, but that's me.

Silver Crow
Aug 13, 2012, 07:56 AM
Erm, I've never noticed any of that. Placebo effect? Negligible enough that I never saw it? Not saying you're wrong, but either way I'd rather be able to jump back up after being knocked down, but that's me.

just gonna quote someone for you:

If I'm correct in understanding your question, yes Dash>PA is faster with Step Attack.
W/O step attack there's a few frames where you can't do much, and step attack removes those regardless of the type of attack (PA or regular).
Even with Dash>Attack>PA you're still faster and deal more damage with the dash kick that it adds than you would without Step Attack.
There aren't any additional frames for Dash>PA, as step attack makes you kick monsters after the dash with a normal attack, but as far as speed goes, you'll still be faster using Dash>PA.
Hope this answers your question :]

And i've tested it too. I can test again and record it to show you since i'm re-rolling. I will show the delay before and after i put a point in Step Attack/Just Counter.

I will edit my first post with the youtube link around tommorow.

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2012, 07:57 AM
I'd be interested in seeing this. Would you fraps it and check the actual frames, or eyeball it?

Silver Crow
Aug 13, 2012, 07:59 AM
I'd be interested in seeing this. Would you fraps it and check the actual frames, or eyeball it?

Yeah sorry edited my post, I will be frapsing it and showing the delay that way.

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2012, 08:01 AM
Awesome, testing like this is always welcome.

Dinosaur
Aug 14, 2012, 03:19 AM
Don't think it works like that. Holding a direction during a Just Guard will cause you to immediately walk out of the Just Guard animation regardless if you have Just Counter or not.

Silver Crow
Aug 14, 2012, 12:00 PM
Will try to record later, having trouble with Fraps + new gameguard update.

Kondibon
Aug 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
Don't think it works like that. Holding a direction during a Just Guard will cause you to immediately walk out of the Just Guard animation regardless if you have Just Counter or not.

I second this. It's how I just guard thing that attack really fast.