PDA

View Full Version : Newman (F) Hunter...

Not Crazed
Aug 15, 2012, 04:27 AM
Is this viable? I know that every race can do everything, but i want to know if i would be able to solo missions and bosses, i just want to try hunter, but not suck :3

Thanks
Crazed

Wayu
Aug 15, 2012, 04:30 AM
I main HUnewearl just fine.

Just learn to dodge everything (blocking also works, but less effective with HUnewearl's squishyness).

-Wayu

Ce'Nedra
Aug 15, 2012, 04:35 AM
I love my HUnewearl as well, though I miss the techs we had on PSOGC. Just waiting for subclasses for that.

I don't have much issues, I can kill my stuff just as fast as others and you can make up for the lower defense by investing S-def on the skill tree or in your mag. Also Just Guard and Dodging.

mommy_cornelia
Aug 15, 2012, 05:04 AM
Well, i use too a HUnewearl and i say the same what both wayu and Cenedra said and you can solo bosses just fine :3

Valkyrie Lovrina
Aug 15, 2012, 05:50 AM
I use an offense based, Just Guarding HUnewearl. its a fine character type. ^^

Mystil
Aug 15, 2012, 06:45 AM
Feel free to use whatever race you like in whatever unorthodox way. You're not penalized for it in this game unlike the others.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 15, 2012, 06:46 AM
@Mystil: If one would get penalized for being a certain race + job class then that combinated shouldn't even be possible in the first place IMO cause it's bull to get penalized for playing whatever you like >:

Mystil
Aug 15, 2012, 07:27 AM
Edit: Uhm, right. You can be whatever you want to be and like it, in PSO2. Unlike PSU..

UnLucky
Aug 15, 2012, 07:50 AM
HUnewearls have the lowest health, s-atk, and s-def of all the hunters. Highest t-atk (useless atm) and t-def, which is somewhat useful.

Health is an issue, but the other stats aren't that big of a gap. Good luck.

darkante
Aug 15, 2012, 07:56 AM
I donīt think you will have a problem with either race&gender.
I didnīt go for status when i made my characters anyway.

gigawuts
Aug 15, 2012, 07:58 AM
HUnewearls are a staple of the PS series. In PSO1 they had the unique ability to use J&Z plus S&D - the only hunter that could do that - plus they had several exclusive items as well, two claws and something else I believe.

In PSO2 I fully expect there to be hybrid/subclasses, which while not exclusive to HUnewearl there will probably at least be exclusive weapons (Even if only cosmetic, Sega does seem to be abandoning race/gender restrictions for everything but clothes and parts).

woosh
Aug 16, 2012, 01:45 AM
HUnewearls have the lowest health, s-atk, and s-def of all the hunters. Highest t-atk (useless atm) and t-def, which is somewhat useful.

Health is an issue, but the other stats aren't that big of a gap. Good luck.

well HUmarl, HUnewm , HUnewearl have same amount Satk , at base 90 if i'm not mistaken , and the difference in Sdef compare to HUcast isn't that much. with HP drink , your low HP is not an issue.

unlike FOcas/caseal , compare to FOnewearl the difference in Tatk alone is rather big. with lowest Tatk FOcast/caseals will have slight problem equipping the best gear.
So any race can be hunter effectively

Osyris6
Aug 16, 2012, 07:06 PM
I think the real issue is not performance, but it comes down to end-weps and armor and how those things can affect your skill point distribution and how you raise your mag, as a newman hunter you need plus 98 s-atk and plus 71 s-def to use the best weps and armor, this may not seem like a big difference from the human male hunter who needs +84 s-atk and +53 s-def, but it adds up, you would need to distribute some skill points to s-atk boost and/or s-def boost, as well as making sure to have a mag thats distributed between s-atk and s-def well to be able to use all end-weps and armor.

The human male hunter doesn't have to do this as the stats he needs (84 + 53 = 137) add up to 13 less(thats huge) than the mag's maximum lvl of 150, so they get 13 extra mag lvls to do whatever they like with(such as getting even more s-atk and s-def), as they have already met the necessary end-wep/armor requirement. This also means that since their s-atk and s-def requirements can be met solely with their mags, they can distribute skill points more freely.

The newman however gets screwed over and the stats they need (98 + 71 = 169) add up to 19 more(again HUGE!!!) than the max mag lvl so you have to make up for those 19 extra points with their skill points, and if you decide to be heavier with s-atk on your mag like I did you will need at least 6 skill points(alot) into def boost to get enough def points for best end-armor. *IMPORTANT* - This would be in a scenario where you chose to distribute you mags lvls 98 s-atk and 52 s-def (98 + 52 = 150), you would still need 19(71 - 52) more points in s-def to use best end-armor. Because 6 skill points into def boost gives you +23 s-def points which is four more than the 19 that you need, feel free to take four points from your mags s-def and put them into your s-atk, so your mags levels would be distributed: 102 s-atk and 48 s-def, you would then need all +23 s-def points you get from 6 skill points in s-def boost, while also maximizing the s-atk you get from your mag.

Now this is just my personal scenario as I chose to go with a newman F Hunter build that is heavy on JA bonus and fury stance and dependent on my mag for s-atk and s-def. My plan was sent to hell though when I realized that what I was going for couldn't be done with out sacrificing some skill points to s-def boost or giving up on best end-armor, in the end I chose to give up on best end-armor as I could still get the second best end-armor, I'm still going to do crazy damage with best end-weps and with Hp drinks I get the extra hp I will need to not get thrown around to much. Also when they raise the lvl cap they may balance things out between races a bit....I hope :P

here is a link to my skill point build (I use the partisan and wired lance):

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebkIqoGXcB6

my mags final point count will come out to 98 s-atk and 52 s-def.

My +98 s-atk from my mag will give my char 458 total s-atk which is what I need for best end-weps(partisan, wired lance, gunslash)

My +52 s-def from my mag added with the + 10 s-def I will get from my 6 skill points in s-def boost will total 422 s-def form my newman f hunter which is enough for second best end-armor.

If you want to work on your own unique build with newman F hunter here is what you should look at:

Spread sheet created by Rephiax will show you stats for best weps/armor and lvl 40 race/class stats:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aqdtud-HZgLldENZWU5qZVZHS01NN1NOXzlRUVZSOHc&gid=0

This will help you to simulate your skill point distributions:
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/index.html

And Banjo's Mag guild:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198250

Also Banjo's guild can be hard to read, so here is Lumir's(easier to read first, then go to Banjo's guild):
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195677

*Lumir lists out all the info and its easy to understand what to do/ Banjo goes into more detail