PDA

View Full Version : Tips for hunter needed!

Not Crazed
Aug 15, 2012, 08:29 AM
I have recently started a Male Human Hunter, and I would like it if the community here could give a guide and/or tips to being a good hunter on PSO2 :D

Thanks
Crazed

NoiseHERO
Aug 15, 2012, 08:53 AM
Sword- blockblockblock + sonic arrow spam

Partizan- sword rain spam + you can dodge anything

Wired lance- non-boss mons rendered useless

Gunslash- thrillsplosion

Ce'Nedra
Aug 15, 2012, 08:55 AM
Just don't die :D

Also Rokkuu you forget Sonic Arrow~

NoiseHERO
Aug 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
Just don't die :D

Also Rokkuu you forget Sonic Arrow~

Ohokthx

Wayu
Aug 15, 2012, 09:09 AM
I personally recommend maxing Step Advance, as it makes your entire dash invincible.

...but nooooooooooooooooo peeps here are DPS stackers and say it sucks. xD

But it DOES make for a lower DPS HU, so they're right somewhat, since in a MPA DPS is probs more importante than surviving and not dying everywhere.

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Aug 15, 2012, 09:10 AM
I got max'd step.

I'm a ninja.

Not Crazed
Aug 15, 2012, 09:15 AM
What should i do with the skill tree? :o

NoiseHERO
Aug 15, 2012, 09:21 AM
That depends more on what you want, and how you play Hunter...

Do you want to be a squishy Damage whore (DPS LEETIST)?

Do you want everything you encounter to only do 2 damage to you?

All-Around(Just some dude with a melee weapon)?

Not Crazed
Aug 15, 2012, 09:29 AM
I want to be able to survive :3 So, i guess either option 2 or 3 :D

On a side note, i seem to take alot of damage and im ripping through monomates o.o i cant seem to evade the damage whilst using the pas D:

HELP!!

Crysteon
Aug 15, 2012, 09:33 AM
Sword - Sword Gear + Step Attack + Sonic Arrow spam

Partizan - Speed Rain spam.

Wired lance - Pointless to use against bosses, but handy with multiple enemies around. Heavenly Fall works fine in large monsters that can be thrown, but it's not exactly a DPS king.

Gunslash- Weak spots or specific target attacks. Serpent Air can be used in succession to constantly attack the same spot. Thrillsplosion comes in handy with multiple enemies gathered in a small area.

Fixed.

NoiseHERO
Aug 15, 2012, 09:35 AM
Fixed.

Oh mah gawd I wrote sword rain?

Stupid iPod typing...

Crysteon
Aug 15, 2012, 09:38 AM
Oh mah gawd I wrote sword rain?

Stupid iPod typing...

Lol, I was like: "Sword...Rain...with a Partisan!?!?! What kind of sorcery is this?"

Not Crazed
Aug 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
Oh dear... :P

Back on topic? :o

Bael
Aug 15, 2012, 10:18 AM
Let me bring this to your attention.
there is not 'cookie-cutter' proper builds in PSO.
That's what's so great about it. make it the way you want.
everyone here will give ya a different answer, cuz nobody has the same play style.
form DPS 'glass cannon' to 'steel wall' tank. Pick a weapon you like and goto town.

I'm DPS, I don't have dash lvled. I don't have much def.
I use swords. I'm pretty good about using my dash, block and even my PA animations
to avoid getting hit in the first place. my mag helps me with acc and extra DPS.

Not Crazed
Aug 15, 2012, 10:22 AM
Well, i know that, and normally i would mess around with different styles, but due to the fact that i have to pay to get a new MAG/Skill tree, i'd rather not screw it up :3

SO, are there any skills that i should aim for first, or just go down the tree with my favourite weapon in? :o

Not Crazed
Aug 15, 2012, 10:42 AM
Would this be a good end game build?

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI22okbqoIqf4QqncB

I havent really put much into anything, i like having alot of defense and not being killed, but i also need the damage, but that will mainly come from weapons :)

Blackheart521
Aug 15, 2012, 11:15 AM
Would this be a good end game build?

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI22okbqoIqf4QqncB

I havent really put much into anything, i like having alot of defense and not being killed, but i also need the damage, but that will mainly come from weapons :)

I would really just avoid Automate halfline in general, you'll burn through mates that way and you're using 10 skill points up with that, I'd suggest throwing 1 point into sword gear since it's very useful and only costs 1SP unless you just don't like swords, then possibly adding to hp or S Def if you want better survivability. S Def probably would be the better choice considering it would allow you to equip better Defensive Units. ^^

Not Crazed
Aug 15, 2012, 12:04 PM
Right, so i think i may have found a way to incorporate the things that have been suggested.

Im thinking about this build, quite defensive, but some attack as well...

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2eoGOqoqDIb4QqoIb

Opinions?

Blackheart521
Aug 15, 2012, 12:40 PM
Right, so i think i may have found a way to incorporate the things that have been suggested.

Im thinking about this build, quite defensive, but some attack as well...

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2eoGOqoqDIb4QqoIb

Opinions?

You would get a bit more S. Atk if you put the 1 point you have in S Atk Up 2 and put it in S atk Up 1 because you get more stat points from higher ranks than from splitting between 2 different things that give you the same stat. Which also means you can take the 5 points in HP up 2 and put them in HP up 1, you'll get +50 HP from 10SP if you invest in 1 compared to +36HP if you do 5 in each. Other than that looks pretty good. ^^

Dinosaur
Aug 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
You would get a bit more S. Atk if you put the 1 point you have in S Atk Up 2 and put it in S atk Up 1 because you get more stat points from higher ranks than from splitting between 2 different things that give you the same stat. Which also means you can take the 5 points in HP up 2 and put them in HP up 1, you'll get +50 HP from 10SP if you invest in 1 compared to +36HP if you do 5 in each. Other than that looks pretty good. ^^

exactly this

Not Crazed
Aug 15, 2012, 12:51 PM
Ok, so now that the skill tree is sorted, i need to know about PAs and how to use them :D

Anyone fancy explaining? ;)

Mystil
Aug 15, 2012, 01:53 PM
Well for wired lance, my personal favorite combo is bind through → Grapple Charge → Heavenly Fall.

Slams them in front of you, pulls you close, and then finish them off with heavenly fall. The problem with this is Grapple Charge. It's the buggiest skill I ever seen. Do not use Heavenly Fall as a "main skill". At first it'll be very addicting, but the need to be close to use it will prove be inefficent in the long run. It's a GREAT "counter" after guarding them, or stepping out the way.

Sword, I always see people just spam Sonic Arrow like no tomorrow

Partizan, I like speed rain and Zenith throw.

Sword, Rising Edge is a knock up skill, you can set them up for an aerial combo if you're fast enough, or just sonic arrow them on the ground.

Note: These based on my experiences entirely. Others may have had better success with different combos.

Lostbob117
Aug 15, 2012, 03:02 PM
partizan's and wired lances, are boring all you need is a sword or gunslash.

DusDus
Aug 20, 2012, 06:27 AM
Maybe this guy's videos can inspire you

Spoiler alert! Quartz dragon inside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnrXupDDoHc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

By the way my previous hunter was using automate half line, and while you're almost invincible, it causes you to be less careful up to the point I sometime used my 30 mates on a boss. I'm currently building a new hunter without automate half line, more in a spirit of blocking and dodging, just like on the video.

Haseokun
Aug 27, 2012, 03:37 PM
I'm primarily playing Hunter with Ranger as a secondary job. I've been noticing that on my Mag that is 73 STR and 75 DEX it really doesn't do nearly enough damage to justify even using. I'm looking into researching Mags more before even touching my new characters Mag. I also watched some Mag videos. I'm wondering what the best Mag would be for my Hunter. Once I cap Hunter I plan to also use it for my Ranger. I'm thinking heavily about raising S-Def this time to about 30 or more instead of raising only DEX and STR, while raising STR to 50 instead of 75.

Husq
Aug 27, 2012, 06:20 PM
Form my experience, after messing up my main character, I would suggest looking at this thread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199423, and use your MAG and SP to enable you to equip weapons and units you want to use.
I mean once you are able to equip something like Ardillo, with 458 s-atk, there is no real need to add on more s-atk to your character/MAG, unless you have multiple mags for each class.

Haseokun
Aug 28, 2012, 08:38 AM
I've been using a +10 Daylight Scar for my main weapon as well as a +7 Neigling Zero for enemies like Kartargots and Banshees with Aiming Shot on it. My favorite Wired Lance PA combo is Other Spin-Other spin-Bind Through. Other Spin keeps them stunned long enough for the Bind Through to land. My Spear PA combo is Bandersnatch-Speed Rain-Speed Rain. Bandersnatch is a good retreating skill that sets the enemies up for getting hit with Speed Rain x 2 assuming you of course have charged the gear gauge. My Sword PA combo is Twister Fall-Cruel Throw-Sonic Arrow. You really can't follow up Cruel Throw with any other Sword PAs and spinning down into the grab is a nice combo for any of the grabbable enemies. I do like Zenith Throw, but I rarely use it to to it being a mostly 1v1 skill even though it hits 3 times and while the same can be said about Cruel Throw, Cruel Throw still does a ton of Damage, unlike Zenith Throw. Zenith Throw is good for weak enemies though as it trashes the trash essentially. I always have two setups for three different weapons, one of which is always a Gunslash. Usually the other two are Partizans and Wired Lances.