PDA

View Full Version : How do you download new quest. . .

Caspian
Jan 21, 2001, 01:57 PM
How do you download new quest when there is nothing to save them to? Getting them seems easy but where are they put? Onto your VMU? Besides these technical questions im exstatic that they have desided to make more quest, even though I've yet to play the game. If I new were they are saved to I could wonder/think/guesse how many more quest they can make avialable. Your going to iventually run out of space.

gideon
Jan 21, 2001, 05:47 PM
Your VMU, we don't know how much space they will take

RooFie
Jan 22, 2001, 06:26 PM
Where do you go to d/l new quest is it japanese or english site, and if it is japanese site where exactly on site do u go??

Thanks

Ifurita
Jan 22, 2001, 09:27 PM
I am thinking may be these so-call "downloadable quests" are already on the disc. And they are unlocked by downloading a file onto the VMU. Does anybody thinks that way too? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_confused.gif

There is just no way they can fit all the data into a tiny little VMU....

Caspian
Jan 22, 2001, 10:02 PM
It may be that the actual info is stored on the disk. Liek this parameter, and this parameter. All that would be needed on the VMU is the code to locate them and arrange them into what order you wanted them in. Maybe some textual stuff, but that could also be arranged in some from on the disc.

john_galt
Feb 23, 2001, 01:25 PM
I can't figure out how to _get_ the new quests. In the guild, I select Download Quest and it says "No Data".. The instruction booklet says that you should see a download option on the ship select screen, but I see none. What am I missing?

TIA!

Skee
Feb 23, 2001, 01:30 PM
Uh, that's for quests that you have already downloaded.

To actually download them, you have to go online and the selection will be right under "Ship Select".......when the downloadable quests become available, which they aren't, but I hear part of the reasons the servers went down is to add those one! So take heart!

ASW
Feb 23, 2001, 03:56 PM
they've already added teh two new quests. ig you still don't see the download quest option by now ... then that means either sega's going to release them later or the quests are exclusively for the jp players. either way we're screwed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Rei
Feb 23, 2001, 05:20 PM
I saw a Japanese PSO site already have the guild for the new quests..... Give me a few minutes, I'll find that site and translate it to you guys TO READ( not to play ^_^)

SeQrEt_1
Feb 23, 2001, 05:23 PM
When they are availble for us they will be on the login screen where the ship select is. I assume. I think that is what I have heard though.

Once you complete your quest you can always delete it. I wouldn't think you would need a blank VMU i would imagine they would be like 30-50 blocks.

You guys like my sig?

SeQrEt_1 - HUmar Level 42 - FOnewm Level 10

http://home.nc.rr.com/jvt007/psosigv1.jpg

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: SeQrEt_1 on 2001-02-23 14:24 ]</font>

Rei
Feb 23, 2001, 05:32 PM
Mission Name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_confused.gif?
Agent : ?? ( from BEE System)
Prize: 4500 meseta
Area: Forest 1, Forest 2, Cave 1, and Cave 2.
Goal: An android is missing while on his way to Ragol. Find him and save him. When you find him, his body is already fallen apart. You need to find his body parts in this order:
1.) Head ( Forest)
2.) Right Hand ( Forest 2, inside a monster)
3.) Right Leg (Forest 1)
4.) Left Leg (Cave 2)
5.) Body ( Pioneer 2, a hunter has it)

Sounds pretty cool, right??

Also, that guy mentioned that Online Quest and Download quest, what's the differance?? I seldom play quest( just played 3 or 4 quests). He got some Online Quest guild too.

Rei
Feb 23, 2001, 05:58 PM
From that website, you need a VMU to save those quests. He said about 1 quest takes 37 blocks, and the other quest takes 73 blocks.

But he did not say anything about the Online quests'a names.

Arcadean
Feb 23, 2001, 06:52 PM
Sounds a lot better than Lost Heat Sword, thanks for the info Rei. I will hope to see it in march.

toggletek
Mar 3, 2001, 07:07 AM
i cant wait till that quest comes out in US!

it gonna rock!

BTW, i'm new.

like my signiature?

Ukyou
Mar 3, 2001, 12:50 PM
I used Babelfish to translate PSO's official japanese site and the names of the downloadable quests are:

Soul of craftsman/teacher - 73 blocks
Retirement hunter - 37 blocks
Mail of <katakana chars> - 60 blocks

I'm guessing the katakana chars spells Lionel

Nex_Nergal
Apr 5, 2001, 04:05 AM
Letter from Lionel takes 60 blocks I think.

Pneophen
Apr 5, 2001, 04:48 AM
when they had the download thing avaiable when you got on line i downloaded one of the japanese quests. unfortunately i had to keep the language in japanese so i didnt even know what i was doing. i finished it though.

QVirus89
Apr 7, 2001, 07:51 PM
Offline quests are different, in the way that they have different kinds of goals, and they're only played offline. And they build the (really weak!) story. Online quests are quests accepted online, can choose to share with other members to make it easier, but divide cash reward. Some Online Quests are only playable if you have 4 players working together. And most Online Quests seem to be "clear this area in a time limit" and "recover this item (by killing a boss)". That's all I know. Again, DON'T HURT ME. *cowers*

-Dangit. I'll eventually need higher level disks for the Hard Attack Techniques. Who's got Pinkal Secion ID?