PDA

View Full Version : Sub Palette Question

Devroux
Aug 18, 2012, 12:42 AM
For the weapons palette you have six different sets that you can scroll through or use the number pad to switch them. How do you switch sub-palettes? I know there are Book 1 and Book 2, but I want to be able to utilize all six of my sub-palettes if possible. Can I?

(Note: I am using a keyboard.)

Darki
Aug 18, 2012, 01:14 AM
That's one thing I've asked myself a lot too. It's very annoying that you can't shuffle between the 6 subpalettes freely. I believe this is not possible.

Acel
Aug 18, 2012, 03:59 AM
Yes, its weird you can only switch between the 3 sub palettes for each book at a time.
But SEGA clearly has a reason... Right? :/

Ana-Chan
Aug 18, 2012, 08:33 AM
For the weapons palette you have six different sets that you can scroll through or use the number pad to switch them. How do you switch sub-palettes? I know there are Book 1 and Book 2, but I want to be able to utilize all six of my sub-palettes if possible. Can I?

(Note: I am using a keyboard.)

To switch sub palettes on the keyboard, you pres r or f to start the palette change, (using the mouse wheel should also work,) then on the keyboard press g or h. These keys are normally the move item selection thingy on the sub palette, but when you press them in the palette change mode then it goes to the sub paletted change. You then go back to using r or f or the mouse wheel to select, and then e or left click to confirm that selection.

But for the sub palettes, you can only use 3 at a time. You can populate all 6 of them, but in order to switch between the two different sets of 3, you have to change that in the sub palette menu.

UnLucky
Aug 18, 2012, 10:33 AM
Well you can press J (or F7) and then . to switch books somewhat quickly, then scroll through the next set of three as you would the first. Not what you wanted, but I don't see any better way to do it.

IndigoNovember
Aug 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
Really wonder why they didn't give us the ability to scroll through all of them like our weapon palettes.