PDA

View Full Version : Need some info on the Apus MAG

Viciouscore
Aug 19, 2012, 11:49 AM
I really like the Apus mag, and I just wanted to know a bit more about it.

How should I go about leveling my mag to achieve it?

What are the benefits of this mag, and what class would benefit the most from it?

I like to play a partizan hunter mostly.

Silver Crow
Aug 19, 2012, 12:06 PM
Normally it would be bad for Hunters but you can actually make it work with 'form skipping'. It is a lot of hard work though!

This is how:

Get S-Atk to 13, Ability to 14, TechDef to 3. Then you should get 'Antilla' first form.

After that every 4/9 levels you must 'double level' to 'skip form'. This is because your form will change every 5 levels (35, 40, 45 etc) so you must skip those numbers ( by going to 36, 41, 46 etc) or your form will change. I will tell you how to do this after some info.

When you get to lvl 100 your stats should be: S-Atk 61, Ability 18, TDef 12, Tatk 9. You will then get Apus.

After that you don't need to do any 'level skipping' since you got your 2nd form aslong as your TechAtk+TechDef combined are greater than your ability. So you can 'accidentally' add only 2 ability points. At lvl 150 optimal stats are Satk 111, Ability 18, Tdef 12, Tatk 9.

Ok now onto 'double level' to skip forms. To do this you must get 2 stats to a high level and then use an item that gives stats to 2 things (thus leveling twice). For example, Deband/Shifta gives +4 Tatk +4Tdef which is good for double leveling Tdef+Tatk. Weapons give Satk and Ability depending on level.

I recommend 4 double levels with Weapons and 9 with Shifta/Deband.

I can say all this with confidence as i've made many 'forced form' mags :)

Good luck!

Edit: to answer benefits... you have a bit of ability and you have enough S-atk to equip BiS (best in slot) weapons. The only useless stat would be Tatk. Tdef is okay to have since its neither useless or particularly useful. There are more optimal mags ofcourse such as pure or "i get the points that i need" mags, but those mags typically look ugly for us Hunters. Best looking mags imo are the Tech ones. I have 3 mags at the moment: Pure S-Atk, 70/30/40/10 mag (Satk, Ratk, Ability, Tdef to get a particular mag.. see if you can figure it out) and my Caelum mag which isn't too hard to get (stats are 75 Ability, 74 R-atk, 1 T-def).

As for your 'Which class would benefit' well Forces would benefit most and you could easily make a good force styled mag out of it with these stats; 29 Ability, 121 T-Atk. you just have to utilise 'level skipping/double leveling' to optimise the stats. I'll provide you with some basic info; from first form to second form you need to skip a total of 13 levels. At level 30 the HIGHEST stat is what changes the form (read more about it here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198250)). Second form conditions are difficult so pay attention to them as they usually have 2 conditions.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Carillon
Aug 19, 2012, 12:19 PM
you would get Leo doing that, because striking would be highest.

apus is really only good for forces anyway, because both the autoattack and PB are based on tech attack.

Silver Crow
Aug 19, 2012, 12:24 PM
you would get Leo doing that, because striking would be highest.

apus is really only good for forces anyway, because both the autoattack and PB are based on tech attack.

No no sorry i will fix that. It still works, i'll edit this post with the info:

edit: as carilon said you would get Leo as the result but there is a way to fix that:

you must keep level skipping all the way to Lv.149 and then stop there, so you won't be able to go to Lv.150 but it's only 1 point. The stats would be:

S-atk 101, Ability 27, Tdef 12, Tatk 9

So you only lose 9 points of S-Atk which go to leveling Ability for form skipping. You will get Apus this way and the ability is still good for hunters.

Silver Crow
Aug 19, 2012, 01:13 PM
Made a new post because i'm actually thinking of buying a new mag to make this one too. So i'll give you the plan:

My order of stats is: S-Atk, Agility, T-Def

Level30: 9, 11, 10

Keep form by double leveling using Weapons. Stats at Level100: 51, 24, 25.

Continue double leveling to skip forms using Weapons. Stop at Level.149, stats: 82, 33, 34.

Reason i chose this path instead of the 101, 27, 12, 9 one is because using Shifta/Deband to double level is VERY hard. You'd need to use 8 Shifta/Deband x 9. Meaning 72 feeds /3 = 1800% of feeding percentage used. Whereas with Weapons it's usually only 2-3 feed x3. Meaning 9 feeds /3 = 300% of feeding percentage used. So if you're patient then you can ultimately receive around 20 more S-atk whilst still getting Apux but it will drive you crazy to do it. Personally i go for effectiveness + looks so i'll be using the 82, 33, 34 stats for my Apux.

Choose your path wisely... Good luck

JeyKama
Aug 19, 2012, 03:18 PM
That setup will definately be a Leo, because you're not avoiding the evolution at 100, and at that point Strike will be greater than any other stat. Even if you skip levels prior to 100 to keep a specific form, the setup at 100 does determine the initial tertiary form.

Keep in mind the rules for Apus is that Tech is greater than Strike/Ranged/Ability.

What is probably best for the OP for these shenanigans is a fairly even 3-way split between S-ATK/ABl/T-DEF, something like 34/31/35 with a level skip if necessary to keep it an Antoria, then level skip to 149.

IndigoNovember
Aug 19, 2012, 03:53 PM
Here are a few builds that you could try (don't believe they're the most optimal of optimals, but they seem reasonable enough):

Level 30 Lyra (I recommend getting a Lyra and then switching it into an Antlia since HP Restore J for Hunters is pretty good)
11 S-ATK
10 Ability/Dexterity
09 T-DEF

Level 35 Antlia
11 S-ATK
13 Ability/Dexterity
11 T-DEF

Level 96 Antlia (this is using the level up two stats (either S-ATK and Ability/Dexterity or T-DEF and Ability/Dexterity) at once to keep it an Antlia)
35 S-ATK
25 Ability/Dexterity
36 T-DEF

Level 100 Apus
37 S-ATK
25 Ability/Dexterity
38 T-DEF

Level 149 Apus
77 S-ATK
34 Ability/Dexterity
38 T-DEF

Alternate Level 150 Apus
62 S-ATK
25 Ability/Dexterity
63 T-DEF

Note that keeping it at 149 is a pain since you'll have to closely watch what you feed it to make sure it doesn't level up. "Why bother feeding it at all then?" If your mag has no energy you won't be able to take advantage of any of its Trigger Actions or Auto Actions. If you've put on some good Trigger Actions (a lot of HP Restore A's come to mind), you'll probably want your mag to have some energy so you can actually take advantage of them. That's what the Alternative 150 Apus is for.

Here's an alternative for if you don't want to bother with the crazy (not really) double leveling stuff.

Level 30 Lyra
11 S-ATK
10 Ability/Dexterity
09 T-DEF

Level 35 Antlia
11 S-ATK
13 Ability/Dexterity
11 T-DEF

Level 95 Antlia (Raise Ability/Dexterity to 32 before raising T-DEF to 32)
31 S-ATK
32 Ability/Dexterity
32 T-DEF

Level 100 Apus
33 S-ATK
32 Ability/Dexterity
35 T-DEF

Level 150 Apus (Raise T-DEF to 59 before raising S-ATK to 59)
59 S-ATK
32 Ability/Dexterity
59 T-DEF

The Apus mag is generally a Force mag, but as a Hunter you can still make good use of its Photon Blast and Trigger Action. Julius-Nifta which creates a gravity well that pulls enemies into it helps bunch them all up for easy hitting with Photon Arts such as Speed Reign/Rain. The Trigger Action gives you a bit of invincibility (10 or so seconds) upon Photon Blast gauge being filled. The Auto Action of casting Barta isn't as useful as Leo's knockdown attack, but it can still be nice when it freezes enemies.

Dextro
Aug 19, 2012, 05:37 PM
I'm not gonna try and sugar-coat it for you with the "you can still kinda make it work" line.
Don't make an Apus if you're playing a 'partizan Hunter', it's not viable.

Silver Crow
Aug 19, 2012, 06:32 PM
That setup will definately be a Leo, because you're not avoiding the evolution at 100, and at that point Strike will be greater than any other stat. Even if you skip levels prior to 100 to keep a specific form, the setup at 100 does determine the initial tertiary form.

Keep in mind the rules for Apus is that Tech is greater than Strike/Ranged/Ability.

What is probably best for the OP for these shenanigans is a fairly even 3-way split between S-ATK/ABl/T-DEF, something like 34/31/35 with a level skip if necessary to keep it an Antoria, then level skip to 149.

yeah you're right, kept focusing on 2 stats and forget about the other third :/ and yeah you're right with the rest of the info.

I'm not gonna try and sugar-coat it for you with the "you can still kinda make it work" line.
Don't make an Apus if you're playing a 'partizan Hunter', it's not viable.

some people play this game for cosmetics too you know. it IS viable, you don't need the best weapon and stats to kill a boss in this game, you just need to be skilled. If you want an Apus on a hunter go for it, it just requires more effort and thinking.

So so far:

(Strike, Abi, T-Def)
Lv30: 9, 11, 10 (level skip to keep form)
Lv100: 34, 31, 35 (level skip to keep form)
Lv149: 74, 40, 35

74 S-Atk is exactly enough to be able to equip the current BiS weapon for Male Hunters, Male Casts and Female casts. 40 ability which is a good stat for any class. 35 T-def which is not useless or particularly useful but is there as a 'cost' of getting Apus if you like.

Dextro
Aug 19, 2012, 06:56 PM
some people play this game for cosmetics too you know. it IS viable, you don't need the best weapon and stats to kill a boss in this game, you just need to be skilled. If you want an Apus on a hunter go for it, it just requires more effort and thinking.

So so far:

(Strike, Abi, T-Def)
Lv30: 9, 11, 10 (level skip to keep form)
Lv100: 34, 31, 35 (level skip to keep form)
Lv149: 74, 40, 35

74 S-Atk is exactly enough to be able to equip the current BiS weapon for Male Hunters, Male Casts and Female casts. 40 ability which is a good stat for any class. 35 T-def which is not useless or particularly useful but is there as a 'cost' of getting Apus if you like.

Well of course, you can apply that skill > equip argument and find that you can go through the entire game without a mag whatsoever.
Recommending a mag that draws strength from T-Atk to a hunter is just....well, it's not something i'm going to do.

It's a whole lot of effort for a mag which is mediocre at best. You won't even get PP Recovery J with that route which is one of the bigger draws for other classes who take a tech hybrid mag. This is all without even considering the PB.

You can also argue that - if you're playing for cosmetic reasons - the units you'll be able to equip from a higher s-def will help just as much in that respect, along with actually being useful for a hunter.

The OP asked for the benefits of the mag and the best class to use it for. That information has been given, anything else is just pure compromise at the expensive of having the mag you like the look of.

IndigoNovember
Aug 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
The OP asked for the benefits of the mag and the best class to use it for. That information has been given, anything else is just pure compromise at the expensive of having the mag you like the look of.

This. Now all that's left is to see if OP believes the compromise is worth it.

Silver Crow
Aug 19, 2012, 07:46 PM
Well of course, you can apply that skill > equip argument and find that you can go through the entire game without a mag whatsoever.
Recommending a mag that draws strength from T-Atk to a hunter is just....well, it's not something i'm going to do.

It's a whole lot of effort for a mag which is mediocre at best. You won't even get PP Recovery J with that route which is one of the bigger draws for other classes who take a tech hybrid mag. This is all without even considering the PB.

You can also argue that - if you're playing for cosmetic reasons - the units you'll be able to equip from a higher s-def will help just as much in that respect, along with actually being useful for a hunter.

I never said T-Atk, i said T-Def. Which arguably is not useless and may contribute to wearing a nicer looking piece of armor. The option is there and you're not losing much at all imo. Personally i'm going to use it since i havent found any real need for doing insane amounts of damage, i'm just going for cosmetics and having a good time.

Viciouscore
Aug 19, 2012, 09:55 PM
I'd also like to know what sort of force this would benefit the most, if not each of them.

Also, I'm really good at this game and stats really don't matter to me. I rarely ever get hit more than 3 times a run, and I've yet to see anyone complain about DPS output since it's such a casual game.