PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2_BIN

Ekksu
Aug 19, 2012, 06:36 PM
Hello there, i am new here.

I have a problem with PSO2 archieves, when i try to execute pso2launcher.exe sometimes he opens the first patch window and gives a japanese message with a bottom to press, after clicking in the bottom he doesn't run the patcher, (if that is the right way to open it) and then, something goes on that suddenly the archieves: pso2download.exe and pso2launcher.exe changes to a bin like padlock archieve and i can't run then, what kind of problem is that? i have downloaded the game via torrent and doesn't have the installer, i know that i don't have permission to change or execute anymore that archieves, but i can add it to my user whenever i want ,(because i know how hoppefuly).

So, i want to know if this problem occured with somebody already it's kinda boring have to change permission's of the archieves everytime i open the launcher.

Thanks for reading it !

Ana-Chan
Aug 19, 2012, 07:33 PM
This is a well known problem. Ever since the updater was modified so that it could change the NTFS file permissions, on some non-Japanese systems it has been losing the NTFS file permissions of all four executables.

You can always try changing the system locale (also known as the language for non Unicode programs) and the formats to Japanese to see if that helps any. Also check in Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 to see if there is a directory named download and try deleting it. Sometimes after an update, it doesn't remove some of the files in there and this may be causing problems.

Also, you need administrative rights or the ability to elevate via UAC into an administrator account to run this game. So if you really have to, you can manually get the permissions for all four executables back relatively easily.

Ekksu
Aug 19, 2012, 08:32 PM
Thank you Ana, that was all i wanted to know !