PDA

View Full Version : Enabling japanese keyboard

cammy17
Aug 20, 2012, 03:09 AM
So I have installed jp keyboard support and for most programs I seem to need to click in to application then change my keyboard to jp. This doesnt seem to be applying to pso any o ne able to point me in the correct direction. Also trie enabling it prior to launching the game still using EN keyboard.

jooozek
Aug 20, 2012, 03:31 AM
alt+shift or ctrl+shift, press them

Ana-Chan
Aug 20, 2012, 10:45 AM
So I have installed jp keyboard support and for most programs I seem to need to click in to application then change my keyboard to jp. This doesnt seem to be applying to pso any o ne able to point me in the correct direction. Also trie enabling it prior to launching the game still using EN keyboard.

If you are using virtual full screen though, the best thing to do is alt+tab out and then alt+tab back in first (you only have to do this once). There is an interesting issues with this game where the keyboard focus stays on the taskbar after you start it up, so you find that the taskbar has the keyboard input changed instead.

Saffran
Aug 20, 2012, 11:31 AM
PSO will be launched with your default language (in my case it's german).
I generally wait until I actually *am* in the lobby to press Alt+Shift a couple of times, until the language sets to japanese.
Sometimes the input will still be "broken" so I have to quickly alt+tab out and in again.

IndigoNovember
Aug 20, 2012, 11:59 AM
You need to make sure you have clicked in a text box so that you can start typing, then you should alt + shift to switch to the Japanese Keyboard. After that you can alt + ~ to switch between Hiragana and English text and alt + caps lock to switch Hiragana.

cammy17
Aug 24, 2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks for all the replies got it working