PDA

View Full Version : Correct drop rate please

TheBFace
Aug 20, 2012, 03:46 PM
I'm playing PSO EP 1&2. I have a yellowboze ID color and have killed upwards of 20 pal rappies with 0 hero ability drops. This would be completly understandable if the odds of a drop were a typical 1/22. however, I should have a solid 50% chance to get hero ability.. Don't even get me started on Sange and the mil lilies..
Either my game is bugged or the drop rate needs correction.

DROP RATE = 50%

50 Divided by 2 Twenty times = 0.001525

.1525%

....ok

VioletSkye
Aug 20, 2012, 03:53 PM
As long as you aren't using "stacks" (ie. 99 Monomates etc.) and aren't using a "hacked" mag over level 200, then I'd say you have just been unlucky so far. Are you playing offline or online? If online, make sure NOT to mention the private server you may be playing on. The reason I ask is because drop rates can be changed on the private servers. If you are playing offline, then all I can say is keep trying :)

DC_PLAYER
Aug 20, 2012, 05:00 PM
I believe private servers can't change drop rates, what they can do is add server drops to the already existant client drops

DeathDragon2332
Aug 20, 2012, 05:10 PM
I'm pretty sure private servers can change drop rates with ease. At least others like Wow and such but IDK about PSO.

TheBFace
Aug 20, 2012, 05:15 PM
........................... I didn't know stacks affected drops.. and im playing offline..

blace
Aug 20, 2012, 05:27 PM
........................... I didn't know stacks affected drops.. and im playing offline..
Think of it as a fail safe to keep cheaters from gaining further unfair advantages.

Blackheart521
Aug 20, 2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah, you can't start a game with any stacks over their limit otherwise no rares will ever drop in that session. ^^;

VioletSkye
Aug 20, 2012, 05:55 PM
I believe private servers can't change drop rates, what they can do is add server drops to the already existant client drops
We may be referring to different things but I know on the server I run, I can change the item and rare occurrence rate for every monster and every box.

@TheBFace, having stacks will completely disable rare drops. So you need to bank the stacks, then save your game and restart your gamecube. As long as the stacks stay in your bank, rares will drop, but as soon as you take them out, rare drops will again be disabled.

TheBFace
Aug 20, 2012, 06:20 PM
O
M
G Brb killing myself

Thanks so much though

DC_PLAYER
Aug 20, 2012, 06:23 PM
My mistake then

TheBFace
Aug 20, 2012, 07:09 PM
Rid myself of 10+stacks got like 5 red drops and a Pal Rappy second pipe back which dropped hero ability.. THANK YOU SO MUCH

VioletSkye
Aug 21, 2012, 09:26 AM
My mistake then
It's all good :) It was fun to mess around with when I first got the server running.

Rid myself of 10+stacks got like 5 red drops and a Pal Rappy second pipe back which dropped hero ability.. THANK YOU SO MUCH
Nice!! Glad to hear you got your drop :)

Kroniedon
Aug 21, 2012, 11:18 AM
We may be referring to different things but I know on the server I run, I can change the item and rare occurrence rate for every monster and every box.

Haha, I think you 2 are talking about completely different things.

What I'm pretty sure that DC_Player was referring to was that a private server has been able to server sided drops to go along with the client sided drops for Console versions.

And I'm guessing the server you run that you can change drop rates on is a Blue Burst server, as unlike the console versions, all drop rates are decided by the server.

There's only 2 ways to change the drop rate for console versions. That's to do like that private server did, or you can always modify the disk data. Running around forest with everything having a 90% drop rate on a Sealed J sword is pretty great for the lolz. ;-)

DC_PLAYER
Aug 21, 2012, 06:06 PM
yeah that's what i tought, if they could change the drops then why add a server drop on olga? (PGF)