PDA

View Full Version : What level do forces start getting good?

Karazykid
Aug 26, 2012, 06:20 AM
I've been trying to play around as a numan force and it's a little lame right now. I'm level 3 and it seems like my melee attacks with the rod do the same damage as my foie, making the magic pretty much pointless. Are the PSO2 forces not as good as the ones in PSO?

Amaranthus
Aug 26, 2012, 06:40 AM
Are you sure? Have you tried charging your attacks?

Mystil
Aug 26, 2012, 06:59 AM
Yeah mine is at 21 and it feels really lame. Always out of PP for one thing...

Arkhanno
Aug 26, 2012, 09:14 AM
As an experienced Force I'll give you guys some tips.

- Charge and Just Attack your Techs. By holding down your hotkey you can charge your techs to do more damage than an uncharged version. You can also Just Attack your Techs in the same way a Hunter/Ranger would normally Just Attack; when you see the red circle surround your character hit the button and charge another Tech to do increased damage.

- Plan your Mag and SP accordingly. You can't use the best weapons and armour by just leveling up. If you plan accordingly you can be doing 1k damage to weak points using a charged tech around level 20! Use this Google spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aqdtud-HZgLldENZWU5qZVZHS01NN1NOXzlRUVZSOHc&gid=2) to help plan your SP/Mag growth.

- Rod vs Talis is a common debate among Force. Some players prefer the Talis for support purposes. I prefer the Rod because of the higher DPS output you can achieve. Before Hard mode you will be destroying mobs instantly when you're in a group so there isn't much of a difference. Just remember that if you choose a Talis you're going to be limited when it comes to CQB whereas if you choose a Rod you'll be neglecting a lot of the support options a Talis can offer. Regardless of what you choose remember to bring a Gunslash with you to quickly replenish TP. (You can quick-switch weapons using the numpad.)

- Don't get overzealous. Positioning is everything. This means you need to pay attention to what your opponent is doing and how to counter it. Also try to position yourself in a way that allows you to throw a Resta/Shifta off if your team needs it. Hunters and Rangers will love you for it.

- Charge PP Revival. Just do it. You have no idea how useful it is.

- Percentage based increases will always beat out T-Atk based increases, especially with the damage output you will be doing. Remember, Force aren't about sustained damage output. That's the Hunter's job. Force are about burst damage. You'll be doing large numbers but in bursts. Remember to Just Attack your Techs and to always aim for the weak point.

Darki
Aug 26, 2012, 10:53 AM
Lol they start getting good at level 1.

I've been playing a Force since the open beta, and I've never ever found myself "too weak" in any situation. Maybe you just need to get better weapons and PAs.

Jakosifer
Aug 26, 2012, 11:09 AM
Sounds like you aren't charging your techs.

Anyway, get to level 19 for PP Charge Revival and enjoy the new class.

Karazykid
Aug 26, 2012, 08:22 PM
I didn't know you could charge the techs, I've been doing the just attacks though.

So what's so support-y about the talis? I played with one and it just seemed like the old school card weapon. I figured it was the mage version of a ranged attack.

And can you set techs to the 1-9 hotkeys at the bottom of the screen, or only equip them to weapons?

IzzyData
Aug 26, 2012, 08:53 PM
I didn't know you could charge the techs

If you havent been charging techs then that will change "a lot". It does at least 4 times more damage when charged.

sunfizz98
Aug 26, 2012, 08:57 PM
I'm a lvl 21 Fire Fonewearl and I find it pretty fun, although I run out of PP too fast. The skill for recharging PP during charge attacks is valuable too.

Arkhanno
Aug 26, 2012, 08:58 PM
You can set Techs to the hotbar the same way you set monomates and the like to the hotbar. See this (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-basics-buying-selling-equipping-grinding/#subp) to see how to equip items and Techs to your subpalette.

When you throw a card with the Talis if you start charging then you can cast the Tech from the Talis' card instead of your player's location. So, for example, you have a couple of Hunter friends attacking Caterdra'n and they need healing. You can throw the Talis on them then charge Resta.

As I said before, I'm a Rod player. I just go for brute force and I'm generally around the action to Resta my teammates if needed. Shifta/Deband isn't as useful since it has such a short timer (If you get all 4 ticks then you have 1 minute of Shifta/Deband buff) but is nice in multi-parties. If I run out of PP I just pull out my Gunslash and fire off some shots to refill my PP pretty fast.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure the earliest you can get Charge PP Revival is 14. I would link to a build but the skill simulator is down right now. 14 sounds about right because it's 3 T-Atk, 5 Fire Mastery, 5 Fire Charge Boost, 1 PP Revival. I could be wrong about that. It's been a little while since I've logged on because I'm in the process of moving.

Sizustar
Aug 26, 2012, 09:51 PM
If having PP problem, learn to switch to a Gunslash, and use it's shooting mode to regain PP, and switching back to your rod/tali.

Dammy
Aug 27, 2012, 01:19 AM
level 14 to get PP Charge Revival
level 19 to get 10 in Flame Tech S Charge

thats when force start getting good

drizzle
Aug 27, 2012, 07:19 AM
Forces don't get good, it's a Phantasy Star game.

Ptitopo
Aug 27, 2012, 10:30 AM
Force get overpowered once they learn PP Revival ...

Seriously, for a moment i almost quit to be a Force, because in party my spells were " ok " but it's kind of hard when u know that you have almost the same amount of PP as a Warrior. A wizard, from the beginning, should have at least twice the mana pool than a warrior. It's the basics.

That's what i thought for a really long time i played force. And then ... PP Revival. And Cetus Proie. And it's amazing how the game become so easy. At lvl 20 i could solo Dark Ragne (in the event city). Well, every boss i could kill anyway.

Once you'll get PP Revival and Rafoie ( the fire-explosive type spell ) ... Well, you'll see.
In party, i kill every mob before my mates can get close. At level 20, my average damage was 1000+ , no critical. The Hunter i was playing with got bored, couldn't do anything but watching me.

Really, force are overpowered.

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2012, 11:02 AM
Forces are three roles in one class: Burst damage, AOE, and healer/buffer support.

This is an...odd combination, to say the least. You can't really specialize in support besides getting PP Up, so a force is most useful when laying down damage (mixed with buffs and heals, of course).

And boy do they do it well. As others have said, PP Revival really makes the class something special. Charging techs is good too. Rafoie devastates most things, especially what you need to hide from. Just get a target lock and spam Rafoie or Grants. For things with lower health, they tend to die before you're out of PP and then the PP recharges during breaks between fights.

They're also top with AOE, Gifoie and Rabarta are excellent in groups of enemies. Your only issue is the downtime when recharging PP, but as others have said a decent gunslash helps refill PP with ease.

sunfizz98
Aug 30, 2012, 10:05 PM
Force get overpowered once they learn PP Revival ...

Seriously, for a moment i almost quit to be a Force, because in party my spells were " ok " but it's kind of hard when u know that you have almost the same amount of PP as a Warrior. A wizard, from the beginning, should have at least twice the mana pool than a warrior. It's the basics.

That's what i thought for a really long time i played force. And then ... PP Revival. And Cetus Proie. And it's amazing how the game become so easy. At lvl 20 i could solo Dark Ragne (in the event city). Well, every boss i could kill anyway.

Once you'll get PP Revival and Rafoie ( the fire-explosive type spell ) ... Well, you'll see.
In party, i kill every mob before my mates can get close. At level 20, my average damage was 1000+ , no critical. The Hunter i was playing with got bored, couldn't do anything but watching me.

Really, force are overpowered.

You sure? I'm level 22 and I get an avg of 450-500dmg unless I'm hitting weak spots for rafoie.

moeri
Aug 31, 2012, 12:20 AM
You sure? I'm level 22 and I get an avg of 450-500dmg unless I'm hitting weak spots for rafoie.

I am wondering too... I never hit 4 digit number unless I am hitting enemies under my level and weak spots at that... and I am level 40

Arkhanno
Aug 31, 2012, 02:04 AM
At level 20 I was using a +6 Folones with Technique 3 on it, giving me a 298 T-Atk weapon. On an enemy that wasn't weak to fire and didn't have a weak point I was hitting around 300-550 using a charged Level 7 Rafoie depending on what the enemy was. (300-430 or 400-550 based on the enemy.) If I was attacking something weak to fire (Darkers, Rock Bear, etc.) then I would do 700-800 (I think the highest was around 830) if I wasn't hitting the weak point. I was doing 900-1000 if I was hitting the weak point. If I Just Attack + Charged my Rafoie and hit a weak point I was doing ~1100. Those damage numbers stayed consistent through Hard Mode as well.

When I upgraded to a +10 Alva Folones I started hitting 1500 with level 10 Rafoie if I JA on weak points. On enemies that are just weak to Fire I would be hitting around 900-1000 without a JA. Alternately my level 10 Gigrants was doing 110-120 if the target wasn't weak to it and 13x-150 if it was. If I hit the weak point it would be ~240. If I JA a Gigrants and hit something that wasn't weak to it then I'd be hitting ~150.

Keep in mind though that some of those damage numbers may vary slightly depending on the enemy. My damage numbers are relatively high and consistent due to my higher than normal Dex through Mag training and a mostly Fire SP build. I put one point in Lightning Mastery because I thought it would be useful to have the 105% damage increase.

TecherRamen
Sep 1, 2012, 10:09 PM
Try to hit as many enemies as you can with a single spell. The damage will add up quick if you dot it right.

Line up enemies and hit them with barta or foie(foie is more tricky its easier to learn using barta).

Rafoie is great for single targets or tight clusters.

Gifoie rabarta and gigrants function the same if you throw out a talis card you can cast them at that card location, use this approach for supporting hunters while staying out of the way.

Talis is a good way to recharge a couple of pp quick for another spell without having to change to a gunslash.

Gizonde is good if enemies are spread out far or at different altitudes. Gizonde can wreck large mobs, I have had a gizonde hit a group of enemies for 7k damage total, if you ad upp the small numbers you get one very big one.

Mystil
Sep 7, 2012, 04:54 AM
I am wondering too... I never hit 4 digit number unless I am hitting enemies under my level and weak spots at that... and I am level 40

Its either exaggerated or, has units with tech III and powerful rod :P

I do 1300-1600 on weak spots, and 600-899 normals.

TecherRamen
Sep 7, 2012, 11:43 AM
Its either exaggerated or, has units with tech III and powerful rod :P

I do 1300-1600 on weak spots, and 600-899 normals.

depends on your tree and enemy weaknesses as well. And if youre using drinks.

adding up everything i get around 1300 Tatk with equipment and buffs combined and that will hit for about 2k with a full fire tree rafoie on a darker. Or about 1k on only a 10% extra damage zonde on a sparda