PDA

View Full Version : Who here is a xbox/psox hater?

Blenjar
Mar 27, 2003, 07:03 PM
Explain why.

It just dumb to hate the X, or you just can't afford it.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 27, 2003, 07:18 PM
Don't have much negative feelings toward X-Box...

However, as for Microsoft itself...

I think the company behind the X-Box is why some people don't like it.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Mar 28, 2003, 01:27 AM
I don't have anything against the Xbox, it's just the fact that there is next to nil on it that I actually want to play. :/

LollipopLolita
Mar 28, 2003, 01:29 AM
If you knock on the Xbox, it echoes.

Elysideon
Mar 28, 2003, 10:51 AM
On 2003-03-27 16:18, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Don't have much negative feelings toward X-Box...

However, as for Microsoft itself...

I think the company behind the X-Box is why some people don't like it.

Exactly. I used to hate the X-Box because of Microsoft. But..LOL I have one now. I realized that..well all the Systems are good. Each system has their advantages and disadvantage. Personally I find most of the X-Box's games hilarious!!! (like Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball?)

2Xtreme
Mar 28, 2003, 12:38 PM
Elysideon, your sig is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over the 5 line limit.

Balthor
Mar 28, 2003, 12:46 PM
And it's Barney Fife to the rescue!

BlackRose
Mar 28, 2003, 12:47 PM
My only beef with my Xbox is the amount of calories I have to expend to pick it up with one hand. The thing's too heavy for how slickery the finish is.

I used to dislike the controller, but then the controller S came out... which is the perfect size for my hands.

Joe-Azlin
Mar 28, 2003, 01:09 PM
this is why i dont like the xbox pso:

1. the game will cost 30 dollers 2 get online with (21 dollers is for xbox live then the other 9 that you pay for pso)

2. there isnt as much stuff as the other version have

3. u cant go in to other servers like the uk server or the japan server with xbox pso

the reasons i like xbox pso

1. u can use the mic and not have 2 use a keyboard

Nidarrock
Mar 28, 2003, 01:59 PM
I don't have a problem with the Xbox. I think the biggest problem with Xbox is the lack of must have games recently. Hopefully that will be changing soon.

LollipopLolita
Mar 28, 2003, 02:01 PM
For me, I think it's pointless to hate this or hate that. If I want to play a certain game I'll play it, simple as that.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Mar 28, 2003, 03:23 PM
i think its games are not all that great, i like some of them like Jet Set Radio Future, dead or alive, halo, buts thats pretty much it.

Piro-Skies
Mar 28, 2003, 03:24 PM
I don't really have anything against X-box, it's a good console, just none of the games on it really appeal to me at the moment.

-Piro Skies

Kent
Mar 28, 2003, 05:03 PM
On 2003-03-28 10:09, Joe-Azlin wrote:

1. the game will cost 30 dollers 2 get online with (21 dollers is for xbox live then the other 9 that you pay for pso)

Yes, but keep in mind that the Xbox Live Starter Kit will allow you to play many other games online as well... unless you only care about PSO. But also, that starter kit gives you the headset as well, whereas with the GameCube version you'd have to buy a keyboard/adapter to really communicate with people efficiently. Not to mention buying the modem/BBA just to play online.

Yeah, okay, it's missing the GBA linkup... but how many people really make use of the linkup, anyway?

3. u cant go in to other servers like the uk server or the japan server with xbox pso

I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of people playing on the US servers. And I'm also sure that you could find some people on PSOW that you can make friends with... unless you annoy the hell out of them (or vice versa).

the reasons i like xbox pso

1. u can use the mic and not have 2 use a keyboard

This is a good thing. Not only do you not have to stop doing things to communicate, but you'll also be able to tell emotions through the tone of peoples' voices and you won't have a screen cluttered with chat balloons (in turn, this makes you not have to worry about capitalization, spelling, or punctuation, which I could imagine you're very excited about).

Orange_Coconut
Mar 28, 2003, 05:10 PM
I just sorta go by "Hmm, let's think... I like (Name of Game type) Games, lessee what system is best for that... Hmm, I also like (Another game type) Oh! Two systems seem to have a lot of both.. But what about (Either another type of game or compare games from previous type with each system)..."

In other words: Whichever system I think would be best for me. I also think about what systems my friends have so I can borrow games instead of buy them... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
I know, thats kinda lame... But, unlike many people I know, I can't buy a lot of games and EVERY single system out there... So I rely on rentals and mosltly borrowing games from friends...

Sedyne
Mar 28, 2003, 05:58 PM
On 2003-03-28 10:09, Joe-Azlin wrote:

Uh there will be all the same content.

raiden999
Mar 29, 2003, 03:06 AM
my problem's with Microsoft, and how they are trying to be the best there is.

oh yeah, and I really dislike Halo... I just fail to see how a game that relies so much on the graphics, and is so slow and pointless can be rated as high as it is...

MonoxideChild
Mar 29, 2003, 07:54 AM
On 2003-03-29 00:06, raiden999 wrote:

oh yeah, and I really dislike Halo... I just fail to see how a game that relies so much on the graphics, and is so slow and pointless can be rated as high as it is...

And there's the 1st hater of this thread. The flood of haters should be arriving at any moment now. Just admit it, fanboy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ness
Mar 29, 2003, 09:13 AM
I like PSO and My Xbox. I'm not sure if I want to get PSOX though.

IceBlink
Mar 29, 2003, 10:04 AM
Drop a gamecube on your head, you'll just say "ouch."

Drop a Xbox on your head, you'll end up in hospital.

Er, apart from that, both systems have good games. I've never understood this system hating thing... o_O If I had the money, I would have got gamecube, xbox and a ps2... but I would have to get gamecube first. Bleah! I wanna play RPGs, and I need the ps2 for that! >_<

Balthor
Mar 29, 2003, 10:13 AM
I don't like it, so cry all you want.

Heh. I love the "you just can't afford it" bits. Sorry, I don't have mommy and daddy to buy me one.

Ness
Mar 29, 2003, 10:13 AM
On 2003-03-29 07:04, IceBlink wrote:

Er, apart from that, both systems have good games. I've never understood this system hating thing... o_O If I had the money, I would have got gamecube, xbox and a ps2... but I would have to get gamecube first. Bleah! I wanna play RPGs, and I need the ps2 for that! >_<

I would have to agree, Gamecube and Xbox are equal as far as how cool they are. I think PS2 is the lacking system.

Captain_Dude
Mar 29, 2003, 12:16 PM
I personally like all systems... if there are any people bashing a system that they have and don't want, I'll take it off yer hands... I need me a Gamecube and a PS2. Heh heh heh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Gestiv
Mar 29, 2003, 12:50 PM
I like all of the systems, really, it's just XBox and Gamecube share most of the games I want, and I already have a GCN, so I can just get those games for GCN. I'll probably wind up gettin' XBox eventually, anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Captain_Dude
Mar 29, 2003, 12:54 PM
On 2003-03-29 09:50, Gestiv wrote:
I like all of the systems, really, it's just XBox and Gamecube share most of the games I want, and I already have a GCN, so I can just get those games for GCN. I'll probably wind up gettin' XBox eventually, anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Well if that XBOX ever steals your love for GC, I'll take the GC off yer hands.

LollipopLolita
Mar 29, 2003, 03:48 PM

What's wrong with trying to be the best?

Kalbelgarion
Mar 29, 2003, 09:01 PM
I thought that was what capitalism was all about...

Anyway, I don't hate the XBOX, and I'm glad to see so many mellow people posting in this thread (And not one case of "OMFGH!!!!!11 TEH XBLOCK SUKKORZZZz!!!!11" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

Blenjar
Mar 29, 2003, 09:01 PM
On 2003-03-28 07:51, Elysideon wrote:

Exactly. I used to hate the X-Box because of Microsoft. But..LOL I have one now. I realized that..well all the Systems are good. Each system has their advantages and disadvantage.

That's smartest thing I've heard in this topic.

I got another question. Why do you hate Microsoft?

LollipopLolita
Mar 29, 2003, 09:06 PM
What is wrong with trying to be the best if they can do it? Really. If you had a business, would you want to make as much money as you can?

If I taken on a project I always make sure it kicks ass and I give it my all.

Dangerous55
Mar 29, 2003, 09:33 PM
Meh, I had them all at one time, but then I sold my GC. I mean it was good and all, but it didnt have that many good games. PS2 has the most and best games, that is really not arguable(but someone will argue it). X-Box is nice, I must say I like it alot. But most of my gameplay hours are put into the PS2, just because it has a larger number of better games.

Blenjar
Mar 29, 2003, 10:03 PM
On 2003-03-29 18:06, LollipopLolita wrote:
What is wrong with trying to be the best if they can do it? Really. If you had a business, would you want to make as much money as you can?

If I taken on a project I always make sure it kicks ass and I give it my all.

That's the second smartest thing I've heard today. *CrItIcAl HiT*

Zeebo
Mar 29, 2003, 10:04 PM
I hate Xbow for many reasons but I don't feel like listing em inless you want me too....

RuneLateralus
Mar 30, 2003, 12:57 AM
I own all three, and if it wasn't for Zelda, PSO, and Metroid (the only three games I got for GC), all it would do is collect dust. The PS2 has some nice games, but I find myself losing interest in them faster than other systems. The XBox is one I play more (altough now Zelda is taking that away) and I very much pleased with it.

However, I am not the type of person who picks a particular system. That is why I got 17 systems in all and a few imported games as well.

Zeebo
Mar 30, 2003, 01:12 AM
smothered child!

Kent
Mar 30, 2003, 03:29 AM
On 2003-03-29 07:13, Ness wrote:

On 2003-03-29 07:04, IceBlink wrote:

I would have to agree, Gamecube and Xbox are equal as far as how cool they are. I think PS2 is the lacking system.

Seriously, Square is about the only thing the PS2 has going for it at the moment.

My PS2 is currently collecting dust as I've already played the living hell out of Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts...

Dangerous55
Mar 30, 2003, 01:22 PM
On 2003-03-29 22:12, Zeebo wrote:
smothered child!

You mean spoiled?

Zeebo
Mar 30, 2003, 01:36 PM
=[ I WAS SLEEPY~ I couldn't think right... Yes spoiled.. that's it......

raiden999
Mar 30, 2003, 04:26 PM
On 2003-03-29 04:54, MonoxideChild wrote:

And there's the 1st hater of this thread. The flood of haters should be arriving at any moment now. Just admit it, fanboy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

hmmm... now which part of this post would make me a hater? I never said anything about the system... so i guess it will have to be for the game... and fanboy!!!? The only thing i'm a fanboy to is music.

LollipopLolita
Mar 30, 2003, 06:47 PM
On 2003-03-29 22:12, Zeebo wrote:
smothered child!

yea let's just omit altogether the possibility that some people actually work and make money, enough money to buy all the systems we want. but hey since we can't have the same, let's just say someone else is spoilt.

Saladwood
Mar 30, 2003, 06:56 PM
Lets seeeeee, we have 2 gamecubes, one gamecube Q, a japanese and american Xbox, 2 GBA SPs, 2 ps2s, uhm, a lot of games, but yeah, we're just SPOILED, we don't make the MONEY to pay for it. SURE.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 30, 2003, 08:09 PM
On the MS issue, it's not that they're trying to be the best that's getting to people. It's the fact that they've done illegal things in the process. MS gained their monopoly legally, but illegally held on to it. It's cheating to win.

As far as the X-Box's games go, some are nice, but you really won't find true gems/classics among them. Halo is arguably the best console FPS game around - Note the word "console."

Someone said that the only the PS2 has going for it is SQUARE... That's probably the dumbest thing I've heard this day. Does Rockstar/Take2 ring a bell? It should. The 2 best selling games of 2002 came from them.

Vantamiath
Mar 30, 2003, 08:20 PM
Saying I hated PSO on any system would be a cardinal sin...

But I dont think Xbox owners deserve PSO

Dangerous55
Mar 30, 2003, 10:35 PM
On 2003-03-30 17:20, IHPSOC wrote:

Thats probably the dumbest thing I ever read.

Kent
Mar 31, 2003, 01:54 AM

Wow, how many hundered times were you dropped on your head when you were an infant?

There really isn't any other excuse for such an imbecilic comment such as that...

MonoxideChild
Mar 31, 2003, 02:03 AM
On 2003-03-30 13:26, raiden999 wrote:

hmmm... now which part of this post would make me a hater? I never said anything about the system... so i guess it will have to be for the game... and fanboy!!!? The only thing i'm a fanboy to is music.

Where to start, where to start. Oh yeah, you claim to hate the Xbox because Microsoft is trying to be the best they can be. Umm, I think Sony is to and they currently are. Nintendo might claim they aren't, but you know that they are. Why do you think everyone referred to any console as "Nintendo" in the early 90's? If your not going to strive to make it to the top and make a good profit, than what's the point of even being in the console race?

Halo does not rely on just graphics. It has a good storyline, good controls, replay value (esp. when you play it online), and runs smoothly. It got rated as high as it did because it's a great-quality console FPS. Now if Halo was on the PS2 (or GC, if your a GC fanboy instead), I think you would have a different choice of words for Halo.

Nidarrock
Mar 31, 2003, 11:36 AM
Why is it when someone says they dislike Halo they are usually labeled a fanboy of somesort? I'm not only refering to this topic but I've seen it in other topics and on other forums. I've seen this sort of thing with other games as well. Most recently Zelda. Currently my PC and Xbox have been getting the most playtime. But I'm curious.

RuneLateralus are you including the add-ons for the Genesis? I have 16 game systems, 18 with those two add-ons.

raiden999
Mar 31, 2003, 04:50 PM
On 2003-03-30 23:03, MonoxideChild wrote:

Where to start, where to start. Oh yeah, you claim to hate the Xbox because Microsoft is trying to be the best they can be. Umm, I think Sony is to and they currently are. Nintendo might claim they aren't, but you know that they are. Why do you think everyone referred to any console as "Nintendo" in the early 90's? If your not going to strive to make it to the top and make a good profit, than what's the point of even being in the console race?

Halo does not rely on just graphics. It has a good storyline, good controls, replay value (esp. when you play it online), and runs smoothly. It got rated as high as it did because it's a great-quality console FPS. Now if Halo was on the PS2 (or GC, if your a GC fanboy instead), I think you would have a different choice of words for Halo.

Well, I personally don't care what people on the net I don't know think about me... so i'm just gonna leave the xbox deal at that... but...the whole deal about Halo being the best 'console' FPS??? I had more fun playing the very horrible snes version of doom than Halo... and no i would not have a different choice for words if halo was on the ps2 or gamecube. The only way you would get me to have a different choice of words for it would be if you paid me... and no, i am a fanboy to no systems... I own a ps2 for the rpg (can anyone honestly say that the cube or box has better rpgs???) the cube for the various actionadventure games (and PSO of course)... and as soon as some of the newer games come out... I am planning on getting a xbox so bleh...

Vantamiath
Mar 31, 2003, 05:08 PM
On 2003-03-30 19:35, Dangerous55 wrote:

Thats probably the dumbest thing I ever read.

Forgive me, I will never make a joke again.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 31, 2003, 05:59 PM
A lot of people like to hype Halo (I'm guessing because it's only one of a handful of X-Box games that is actually good.) So, they probably don't like anyone saying something negative about it. Or it may just be the typical fan blindness. ie//I love the game; therefore, the game is great. No, junior, games that you love can suck, and you can hate great games as well.

Funny... putting "good controls" and console FPS together... Halo had about much replay value as any other FPS (less when compared to the kings such as CS) Anyway, Halo is said to be a great console FPS because it is just that. There aren't many console FPS games with the quality of AI and graphics that Halo has. Now, on the PC, you're looking at average to good, since there are a dozen (more) games like Halo.

On comments about Doom...

Doom is a timeless classic. You can pick it up a couple of decades from now and still play it like mad. Comparing Halo to something like that is like comparing Mario to Vexx.

raiden999
Mar 31, 2003, 06:15 PM
On 2003-03-31 14:59, TeamPhalanx wrote:
A lot of people like to hype Halo (I'm guessing because it's only one of a handful of X-Box games that is actually good.) So, they probably don't like anyone saying something negative about it. Or it may just be the typical fan blindness. ie//I love the game; therefore, the game is great. No, junior, games that you love can suck, and you can hate great games as well.

Funny... putting "good controls" and console FPS together... Halo had about much replay value as any other FPS (less when compared to the kings such as CS) Anyway, Halo is said to be a great console FPS because it is just that. There aren't many console FPS games with the quality of AI and graphics that Halo has. Now, on the PC, you're looking at average to good, since there are a dozen (more) games like Halo.

Doom is a timeless classic. You can pick it up a couple of decades from now and still play it like mad. Comparing Halo to something like that is like comparing Mario to Vexx.

Doom may be a timeless classic, but the snes version was just horrible. It was probobly the only version of the game that i couldn't play through. But to make you a little more happy, then replace Doom with Red Faction for ps2.

Ness
Mar 31, 2003, 07:26 PM
On 2003-03-31 14:59, TeamPhalanx wrote:

The Xbox has a ton of good games. Halo is really good too, but it does get boring after awhile,but so do all other games. Now Morrowind, that's a classic I've played it since Christmas and I'm still having fun. Also if the Xbox is so bad then why is it outselling Gamecube? Don't get me wrong Gamecube has good games, but they just aren't addicting like Morrowind and Mech Assault.

Like I said I think Halo is a good game. And PC controls just suck. What deters me from buying PC games is the controls.

Doom was a kickass game.

Kent
Mar 31, 2003, 09:06 PM
Why do you think everyone referred to any console as "Nintendo" in the early 90's?

You'd have to be an idiot to think that was because Nintendo was "the best."

Back in '85, when the NES first came out, people didn't really use "video game system" as the discriptor, but instead, used the name of the maker of the thing. Why? The Master System simply wasn't as prominent (hell, a lot of people didn't even recognize the name Sega until the Genesis came along), not to mention the fact that a lot of households with chidren had them.

Cloud_01
Mar 31, 2003, 09:36 PM
A lot of the people here still refer to the name of any video game system no matter who the maker is "Nintendo". I don't know about you guys but I used to do it also until recently.

"Hey dude, Let's go play Nintendo. I'm Bored."

"Let's go ask your brother if we can go play his Nintendo."

"You play too much Nintendo. Give it a break already."

Just a few examples of things I have heard kids say around here. They call any video game system Nintendo. Nintendo represents all video game systems to them.

Look at the impact it has had on the video game world. Nintendo started it all.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 31, 2003, 09:41 PM
Good lord... we have a fanboy!

Tons of good X-Box games? Name a dozen that are actually good. Be prepared to support those games with an argument; you know, the kind that people won't be able to rip apart after 5 seconds of thought. And yes, you do have to name X-Box exclusive games.

Morrowind... Yeah, that was sure a nice PC port that X-Box got.

PC FPS? Bad controls? That is the dumbest statement I've heard this whole month. Mouse + Keyboard = Great FPS control scheme in existance. Why do you think the top clans use them? Why do you think that whenever they hold tournaments the players use them? Probably because they suck - Of course, that's according to you.

On the topic of Red Faction...

Is it a good game? Yes. However, it probably tried to be too ambitious, and came up short. The biggest news about the game was its geo-mod engine. The problem with the game is that it didn't fully utilize it. The first stage of the game is somewhat misleading in that you see the geo-mod at its finest. Creating your own path to secret rooms and such is great. However, the game quickly turns into your everyday average FPS game. It's a nice game, but outside of the few moments with the geo-mode, it really didn't do anything that hasn't been done before.

Oh, btw, my favorite thing about the X-Box: Its version of Great Hits games. Why? Hmm...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2003-03-31 18:47 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Mar 31, 2003, 10:12 PM
Ok, try to keep it down a notch. It is not that bad here, but it looks like it could get ugly here.

On 2003-03-31 08:36, Nidarrock wrote:

RuneLateralus are you including the add-ons for the Genesis? I have 16 game systems, 18 with those two add-ons.

Well, can't play Lunar II, Shining Force CD, Shadow Squadron, and Silpheed with out a Sega CD or 32X. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-03-31 19:13 ]</font>

MonoxideChild
Apr 1, 2003, 02:31 AM
On 2003-03-31 13:50, raiden999 wrote:

Well, I personally don't care what people on the net I don't know think about me... so i'm just gonna leave the xbox deal at that... but...the whole deal about Halo being the best 'console' FPS??? I had more fun playing the very horrible snes version of doom than Halo... and no i would not have a different choice for words if halo was on the ps2 or gamecube. The only way you would get me to have a different choice of words for it would be if you paid me... and no, i am a fanboy to no systems... I own a ps2 for the rpg (can anyone honestly say that the cube or box has better rpgs???) the cube for the various actionadventure games (and PSO of course)... and as soon as some of the newer games come out... I am planning on getting a xbox so bleh...

Hate to tell you, but owning all 3 consoles will not change the fact that you are a fanboy. Sorry.

Fang
Apr 1, 2003, 08:23 AM
I'm an Xbox hater due to these seven very true reasons http://maddox.xmission.com/xbox_suckit.html

Yoda86
Apr 1, 2003, 08:40 AM
I don't hate the XBox but I very much dislike it. Bill Gates should have just walked away instead of creating that gigantic monstrosity he calls a gaming console.

Deathscythealpha
Apr 1, 2003, 04:13 PM
On 2003-04-01 05:23, Fang wrote:
I'm an Xbox hater due to these seven very true reasons http://maddox.xmission.com/xbox_suckit.html

Whoever wrote that seems to be very immature and has to use constant swearing and insults towards designers to try and get his point over, a very arrogant person indeed.

I dont hate the Xbox or PSOX, i dont really hate any console as i got over the whole "my console is better" playground arguement years ago. I do find however that the games on box are lacking at the moment, none of them seem that interesting at all. But then again, theres been a real lull in games on every format in general. The only game im really playing on my Xbox at the mo (got it two weeks ago with 3 games and a dvd remote for 100 pounds, bargain) is MGS2 trying to find the dog tags, i bought Halo the other day, but the game seems to be Quake with lovely graphics and veicles, nothing more. The Xbox needs a big game that you can really get your teeth into and play for weeks on end, but maybe PSOX will be just that.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 1, 2003, 04:17 PM
I don't see PSOX selling many units at all...

The one title that may actually be great is Fable; however, the fact that it's essentially a rpg being developed outside of Japan...

Vitamin_D
Apr 1, 2003, 04:46 PM
The reason I don't own, and don't plan n woning an X Box is the games. My 2 favorite genres are RPG and fighting. The PS2 covers both areas VERY nicely (Don't forget that .hack, and Xenosaga just came out...and RPGs like Staro Ocean 3 and FFX-2 are on their way). I got my Cube for PSO mostly, but also for Smash Bros. And then i head about FF...and then there's Zelda, Wrestlemania. As well as others. There's in all actuality ONE game that I would want to own an X Box for, Capcom VS SK 2 (my favorite fighting game to date.) I think it would be cool to beat down folks online, but interest in one game doesn't warrant a purchase =/. Also, 3 of my friends have X Box...it would kind of be a waste of money heh. SO I don't hate the X Box..it would just be a waste for me to get one JUST to say I have one...that's kinda stupid.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 1, 2003, 04:50 PM
i wasnt talkin about the gba linkup. i was talkin about how there isnt as many items in pso as there r on the other versions.

Ness
Apr 1, 2003, 05:57 PM
On 2003-03-31 18:41, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Good lord... we have a fanboy!

Oh yeah Phalanx you got me there. Just becuase I love a console that you don't means I'm a fanboy and there's nothing I can do about so yep I'm a loser fanboy.

Tons of good X-Box games? Name a dozen that are actually good. Be prepared to support those games with an argument; you know, the kind that people won't be able to rip apart after 5 seconds of thought.

First off, all of these are just opinions and when it comes to things like this there are now right or wrong answers.

1. Halo- I thought this game was fun and had an interesting Ai sytem that provided a challenge, but wasn't too hard. I also like flying the Covenant veciles.

2. Morrowind- This Rpg is so good it makes PSO look like crap. Expansive is an understatement in this huge RPG. Even thought it's long it still remains entertaining because there is always something new to do.

3. Mech Assault- This was my first online game and I liked it alot. I really don't have anything else to say except that if you don't like walking around in a robot destryoing thing then you don't know how to have fun.

4. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon- It's for those that like real combat games and that's just what it is. You don't "hit points" or "health" as you may call it. how long you live depends on where you get hit. Also there aren't guns and items that you can pick up to refill your ammo or regain health.

5. Unreal Championship- This game is pretty fun if you want to do some FPS online.

6.Sega Gt- I love this game. My best friend and I play a ton when he comes over. It's one of the best racers on Xbox once you get used to turning.

7. Dead or Alive 3- Well if you have played DOA 2 thatn think of that but 10 times better. The combo system is easy to get the hang or and still comes up with a few interesting surprises. Also the character have well balanced strengths and weaknesses.

So what if I didn't give you 12. I told you why I like every game I own and that's really all you need to know. I like my Gamecube too.

And yes, you do have to name X-Box exclusive games.

Why do they have to XBOX exclusive? The original arguement was that you didn't think that there were any good games on xbox exclusive or not.

Morrowind... Yeah, that was sure a nice PC port that X-Box got.

It's on the Xbox console thus I consider it and Xbox game. If Sonic Adventuire came to the Xbox I would consider it an Xbox game. The type of game it is based on whay console you play it on, not the platform it originated on because if that were the case all Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 game swould be considered PC games because that's were they were made.

PC FPS? Bad controls? That is the dumbest statement I've heard this whole month. Mouse + Keyboard = Great FPS control scheme in existance. Why do you think the top clans use them? Why do you think that whenever they hold tournaments the players use them? Probably because they suck - Of course, that's according to you.

It's just my opinion. I've never been good at using a keyboard and mouse to control a character and I probably never will. I will always feel better with a controller or gamepad in my hands.

I also find it upsetting that you call me a fonboy for disagreeing with you when you hafve done the same thing in this post. So following your logic, you are a fanboy as well. Hell, were all fanboys following your logic; that is unless you add a double standard making you exemt from this rule.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 1, 2003, 06:47 PM
Fanboy is one that distorts/misrepresents the facts. You said X-Box has tons of good games. It does not. That's pretty damn obvious.

In case you haven't noticed, it's the console exclusive games that make or break a system. The most obvious example of this is the N64. If Nintendo didn't have such a strong lineup of their own, it would not have lasted so many years. Same goes for the Dreamcst. It didn't have solid console exclusive games - That's why it died (duh).

TeamPhalanx
Apr 1, 2003, 06:57 PM
Btw...

1. Halo- A nice console FPS game

2. Morrowind- A nice PC port...

3. Mech Assault- Innovative controller and sold like crap.

4. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon- Exactly how many platformers is this availble on? PS2, X-Box, GC, PC, MAC...

5. Unreal Championship- Oh yeah... Unreal... See #4

6. Sega Gt- Just like every other wannabe... It ain't no Gran Turismo. For that matter, it's not even the best racer on the X-Box.

7. Dead or Alive 3- Still trailing the Namco fighters, and MK:DA for that matter.

Ness
Apr 1, 2003, 08:14 PM
On 2003-04-01 15:47, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Fanboy is one that distorts/misrepresents the facts. You said X-Box has tons of good games. It does not. That's pretty damn obvious.

Then in that case you are a peace fanboy.

In case you haven't noticed, it's the console exclusive games that make or break a system. The most obvious example of this is the N64. If Nintendo didn't have such a strong lineup of their own, it would not have lasted so many years. Same goes for the Dreamcst. It didn't have solid console exclusive games - That's why it died (duh).

While that is true, I don't think it HAS to be a console exclusive game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2003-04-01 17:58 ]</font>

Vantamiath
Apr 1, 2003, 08:23 PM
On 2003-04-01 15:57, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Btw...

4. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon- Exactly how many platformers is this availble on? PS2, X-Box, GC, PC, MAC...

6. Sega Gt- Just like every other wannabe... It ain't no Gran Turismo. For that matter, it's not even the best racer on the X-Box.

7. Dead or Alive 3- Still trailing the Namco fighters, and MK:DA for that matter.

I agreed with all of these statements towards Ness except for a few.

1. Halo was not a "nice" console FPS, it was the console FPS game of the year, and your obviously ragging on it just because your biased.

2. Trailing MK: DA? Im sorry, no fighter is trailing MK: DA.

Blenjar
Apr 1, 2003, 08:39 PM
On 2003-03-29 21:57, RuneLateralus wrote:
I own all three, and if it wasn't for Zelda, PSO, and Metroid (the only three games I got for GC), all it would do is collect dust. The PS2 has some nice games, but I find myself losing interest in them faster than other systems. The XBox is one I play more (altough now Zelda is taking that away) and I very much pleased with it.

However, I am not the type of person who picks a particular system. That is why I got 17 systems in all and a few imported games as well.

I wouldn't buy Gamecube if it wasn't for Zelda, PSO. Other than that. I would have gotten 2 xbox by now. I had a PS2 but my father took it away and gave it away to friends/family. Long story, lets not get too personal, anyway. Another reason why I got the PS2 is because of its RPGs. Other than that I would've been an Xboxer " fanboy " but more than one system.

Ness
Apr 1, 2003, 09:00 PM
On 2003-04-01 17:23, IHPSOC wrote:

On 2003-04-01 15:57, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Btw...

I agreed with all of these statements towards Ness except for a few.

1. Halo was not a "nice" console FPS, it was the console FPS game of the year, and your obviously ragging on it just because your biased.

2. Trailing MK: DA? Im sorry, no fighter is trailing MK: DA.

I think Team Phalanx just hates the Xbox. He's like out to get it.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 1, 2003, 09:08 PM
In the big scheme of things, Halo is a minor FPS game. It will be forgotten 10 years from now. FPS games like Doom, CS, etc. are great games. Halo did nothing that hasn't been done before. In reality, it's not even the all time best console FPS game - That title belongs to Goldeneye.

Oh yeah, winning console FPS of the year... Now there's a huge accomplishment. Btw, which group gave it the award? And, what game won FPS game of the year or game of the year that same year?

Of all the next-gen fighters, MK:DA, without a doubt, has the deepest single player mode. In addition, it also has the largest reward system around. That's why it was a hit with the press. There's also the name MK, which, while not in the same league as SF (no fighter is), is definetely among the 2nd tier. DoA3 still is the same old DoA. The only ways the series has advanced is by getting prettier and adding more fighters. It still has the shallowest single player mode, and I don't think anyone outside of Team Ninja even understands the plot behind the series.

SF hs evolved by adding different fighting styles and fighting modes. Soul has evolved by increasing its depth, both in its weapon system and its single player mode. MK has evolved the most - going from 2D to 3D successfully. Tekken... Well, both Tekken and DoA are taking a slide, because they're producing the same old games over and over again.

GuerillaPimp
Apr 2, 2003, 12:03 PM
well im glad to see that none of the little 5 year old came to this thread with their retarded, simplistic reasons on why they dont like Xbox. Maybe i didnt make a mistake by joining this board.

For the record, im an avid Xbox supporter, and am patiently waiting for PSOX. Hopefully Metroid Fusion can hold me over...

Sincere
Apr 2, 2003, 12:27 PM
*ahem*

If you don't like the games on a console, don't play the games on that console.

I like pointing out the obvious.

BlackRose
Apr 2, 2003, 12:45 PM
Finally. Thank you.

Blenjar
Apr 2, 2003, 07:26 PM
If you don't like the game don't complain about it period.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 3, 2003, 12:01 PM
Not always the case. As many have stated, some games are just overrated, and thus accompanied by ridiculous comments.

Even here you hear comments like "PSO is the greatest game ever!" I don't think so...

Vantamiath
Apr 3, 2003, 06:37 PM
Phal...have you heard of a little fighter called Virtua Fighter 4? Right.

And which company/magazine awarded Halo FPS console game of the year? About every magazine. I would like to add I dont own an XBOX, but have played the hell out of my friends (staying on topic about Halo), and saying statements like "Halo will be forgotten in ten years" is uber-PC fanatic talk.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 3, 2003, 07:24 PM
VF was never much of a franchise. It was very nice when first released since it was a pioneer in 3D fighting, but other titles have surpassed it since then.

Again... "Console FPS of the Year." Think about that. You don't see something wrong with that? FPS, Sim, and RTS games are genres that the console is very weak in.

It's a guarantee that Zelda:WW will be remember a decade from now. I can also say the same thing about Doom III - even though it hasn't even been released yet (seeing as how it'll be a huge success or a huge disappointement). Halo isn't in the same league. It isn't, and probably never will reach legendary status. As a matter of fact, very few games do. (even though I feel that MoH:AA should be remembered, it's simply out of its league)

Think about games today and ones from years ago. I'm sure people remember Mario 3, Super Metroid, Doom, etc. Halo will not be remember in such a way, because it didn't revolutionize the genre or introduce something spectacular. It looks really nice and plays solid - Something that has been done before and will be improved upon.

-Eden-
Apr 3, 2003, 10:06 PM
Chances are if you hate the Xbox, its probably because of microsoft. PSO is just a victim of the struggle hehe. Being a comp nerd I'm somewhat obligated to hate M$, but seeing as how I use Windows XP and not Linux it'd just be pointless. I own all three currnt major consoles, and I like them all the same hehe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Eden- on 2003-04-03 19:07 ]</font>

raiden999
Apr 3, 2003, 10:33 PM
On 2003-04-03 15:37, IHPSOC wrote:
Phal...have you heard of a little fighter called Virtua Fighter 4? Right.

And which company/magazine awarded Halo FPS console game of the year? About every magazine. I would like to add I dont own an XBOX, but have played the hell out of my friends (staying on topic about Halo), and saying statements like "Halo will be forgotten in ten years" is uber-PC fanatic talk.

First of all, i belive the best fighting series would have to be the soulblade/calibur series, with guilty gear in a close second (really really despised anything and everything streetfighter). Second, "Halo will be forgotten in ten years" being uber-PC fanatic talk? I've never been into pc gaming (with the exception of Diablo and Septerra Come) and i believe that it will be forgotten by about then

rena-ko
Apr 4, 2003, 09:47 AM
well... i felt not like buying any next gen console after dreamcast, but with pso came the moving on to v3.
there i am now and have to say - without metroid prime (and pikmin) i would even regret to having bought a cube. well... lets see how things develope this year.

ah yes, for xbox... no games that interest me (i'd rather buy a ps2 when i have time and urge to play a new game...).