PDA

View Full Version : what is with everybody?

hbmizzle10
Aug 29, 2012, 12:13 PM
ive been reading these forums like crazy and it seems like since pso 2 came out nobody seems to get along with each other. it also seems everyone haves a complaint with this game(myself included). either it's too boring, the abusive use of npcs, hackers and trollers being everywhere, maintenance issues (that should have resolved before the game came out), sever drop rate problems, frame rate and glitching issues, ect. seriously what the hell everyone? this game turned you guys into monsters. what happened people? where's the community, where's the family?

Slidikins
Aug 29, 2012, 12:16 PM
The people who are getting along and are happy with the game are obviously too busy playing it to start drama on the boards, obviously. :P

Seriously though, there's still some community, it just isn't on the PSO2 General board. Player Matchup linked me with a bunch of nice folks already and there's some helpful and friendly people in other sections of the website. I guess people like to argue though. In that one RNG thread someone wanted to hear solutions to the issue but no one ever commented on the few proposals posted...

gigawuts
Aug 29, 2012, 12:24 PM
The people who are getting along and are happy with the game are obviously too busy playing it to start drama on the boards, obviously. :P

Seriously though, there's still some community, it just isn't on the PSO2 General board. Player Matchup linked me with a bunch of nice folks already and there's some helpful and friendly people in other sections of the website. I guess people like to argue though. In that one RNG thread someone wanted to hear solutions to the issue but no one ever commented on the few proposals posted...

This is a standard thing. Somebody thinks it's fine so they ask how someone would improve it, in the style of "put your money where your mouth is," then when they get an answer they don't want to hear it so don't reply.

It's in the same vein as telling someone they have no right to complain unless they can make a better video game, and all that kind of crap. You see a lot of it in political "discussions" too, and the end result is exactly the same: Nobody changes their mind.

Honestly, some people just like to fight for whatever reason. Usually there isn't one, so any old topic will do. They're just argumentative, unpleasant people.

CelestialBlade
Aug 29, 2012, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't say it's everybody. Or even the majority, really.
This. The vocal negative ones are always the ones heard.

This happened during PSU too, it's just the nature of the Internet in general sadly. I tire of the rampant negativity and how it's "cool" to hate on stuff, but it's not like I didn't see it coming and I know way, way more people happy with the game than unhappy.

Look closely and you'll probably see that it's the same handful of people spreading the hate in every thread. They come and go. They're also easily ignored. I really enjoy PSO2 and many people in this community, and that's all that matters to me. If some people want to make themselves miserable by hating on things and dwelling on that hate, that's their problem. I'm not a masochist.

blace
Aug 29, 2012, 12:45 PM
I'd like to point out that it's recurring individuals that start it up.

BIG OLAF
Aug 29, 2012, 12:56 PM
I used to get all worked by the recurrent jerkwads around here, but then I stopped caring, since I always have a bunch of friends to have pleasant, intelligent experiences and discussions with.

I know there are a few people around here that despise me, and even more than don't really "enjoy my company" (but would never tell me), and that's a shame that we can't get along, but whatever. This is an forum for a video game series. It ain't serious.

NoiseHERO
Aug 29, 2012, 01:15 PM
I just take it as entertainment, and sometimes I even make it worse for more entertainment. 8D

But yeah...

Online gamers man...

Mystil
Sep 1, 2012, 05:23 AM
Yall missing out to be honest. Yeah there is a lot jackasses on the PSO2 general forum..but compared to the idiots during the DC and GC era, they are nothing. There was never really a strong sense of "community" here for all 11 years that I been here at least. Each game, its the same old thing, same old attitudes, same old kinds of cliques.

Sayara
Sep 1, 2012, 09:56 AM
Break past the rubbled crap and find people worth your time.
The game becomes infinitely better.

but then Gameguard crashes your PC, so its a solemn note.

Powder Keg
Sep 1, 2012, 03:04 PM
People don't debate anymore when they don't agree with something. They don't even actually troll. They might think they are, though.

Jakosifer
Sep 4, 2012, 12:17 PM
I try to get along with people. Even here, but some people aren't too receptive of non serious people.

BIG OLAF
Sep 4, 2012, 12:25 PM
I try to get along with people. Even here, but some people aren't too receptive of non serious people.

Hell, there are some people around here that aren't very receptive of anyone, so don't feel bad about jokes and whatnot whizzing over others heads. Just try to find the people that do 'get' you and your 'style' of posting, and stick with them. It's the best thing to do.

Jakosifer
Sep 4, 2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I tend to just stick to my circle really. I would like to meet and get along with new people to expand that circle, but I would mostly just feel like I'm either bothering them and being intrusive. Or being outright annoying to them, which I don't think I am, I think I'm pretty rad. :D

Mystil
Sep 4, 2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I tend to just stick to my circle really. I would like to meet and get along with new people to expand that circle, but I would mostly just feel like I'm either bothering them and being intrusive. Or being outright annoying to them, which I don't think I am, I think I'm pretty rad. :D

I've met a few people like this. Guy in my team wants to use my room to hang out in, which is fine(that was the whole point in making it accessible by the team, and after all, it was some people from my team that decorated the way it is now..) but he leaves so fast when I enter, saying sorry for being intrusive @_@. I could never get people like that to believe me, but it's never a problem, never bothering me, never intrusive.

I don't take my own advice ^^;;; my own shyness holds me back a lot. But you should probably just go for it. Never know.

Jakosifer
Sep 4, 2012, 09:21 PM
Eh, thing is, its easy for me to approach people and talk to them, and get that +1. That's all it is though, a "friend" I'll more than likely never talk to unless I see them wandering around in a lobby or something.