PDA

View Full Version : Client updater help

Mystogan
Aug 30, 2012, 05:22 PM
As you can see i am new to this forum, so if i have posted this in the wrong area, or there is another thread for my topic i am sorry and if so please redirect me to it. So yeah, i downloaded the client and began the patching process, but i keep getting the same error. I've tried to do the update 4 or 5 times, and it usually stops around the same time. Also, when the error box comes up, they text turns into like little squares. I have taken a screenie of this which shows the error ect. Thank you in advance. http://i46.tinypic.com/2558h9h.png

Mystogan
Aug 30, 2012, 06:17 PM
I have just tried to change the text to japanese, but i have misplaced my disc and can not do so. Also, i've done a little research and people say keep trying over. But i takes me around 30mins just to get to the point where it freezes and it is becoming a waste of time. I'm no computer wizz, but if someone uploaded an updated version of the client would i be able to download and use that? Anyways, i will try tomorrow at a non peak time.

FengalaFire
Aug 31, 2012, 10:46 AM
I'm pretty sure I had the same issue before, but I don't remember if the error number is exactly the same (I seem to remember getting different error numbers at different times). It was a pain.

If I am right, your client is updating, it just cuts out somewhere in the middle of doing so but it still makes progress. You just have to keep starting the update again after it cuts out and eventually it will download the whole thing.

If you want to make sure, check in 'My Documents\SEGA\download'...or was it the 'SEGA\temp' folder I can't remember. But anyway you should see a bunch of files in one of those folders and if you right-click on the folder periodically and click on 'properties' you should be able to see the size of the folder and see that the size is increasing.

I hope this works for you.

Ana-Chan
Aug 31, 2012, 10:59 AM
I have just tried to change the text to japanese, but i have misplaced my disc and can not do so. Also, i've done a little research and people say keep trying over. But i takes me around 30mins just to get to the point where it freezes and it is becoming a waste of time. I'm no computer wizz, but if someone uploaded an updated version of the client would i be able to download and use that? Anyways, i will try tomorrow at a non peak time.

You are screwed at getting rid of the boxes then. You see, by default, the files for East Asian languages are not installed. This includes the fonts, codepage tables and all of the other stuff that it needs off of the Windows disk itself.

The error 103 is failed to patch game error, and really all you can do is keep trying. The thing that helps is that even though the status bar starts from empty, the patching progress doesn't start from the very start. Any files that have already been downloaded will not be downloaded again. So just keep retrying.

Uhhh. 12152. Cannot parse data from server or something?

Not really sure what to make of this specifically, as I don't have experience with this particular error. I'd guess it's either a congestion issue on the server side or some kind of corruption issue on your side, leaning toward the former.

Hopefully someone will come along who has seen this before and clear it up better than I can.

It might help you/us to see the full error message in that box. That looks like a Windows XP dialogue box. Could you enable the Japanese language pack? It has been so long since I've used an XP computer, but off the top of my head, if you look through your regional/location settings, there should be a long list of boxes you can check. Japanese should be in there. You might need your Windows install CD to install it, though. That shouldn't change your default language, just give Windows the ability to display Japanese in Windows elements.

WinHTTP error 12152 is ERROR_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE. The error message that that box shows is also the same for each error, and it just says something along the lines of the patch process failed.
The other thing to remember about the error message is that the box that it shows in Unicode, so all that it needs installed is the files for East Asian languages and then it will work. The squares are the font replacement character, if there were codepage conversion issues then it would be either ?s or other weird characters. Also, when was the last time you looked there, there haven't been a long list of checkboxes since Windows 2000, the Windows XP dialog only had two checkboxes one for East Asian languages and one for languages with complex scripts. Unless you are thinking about the language for non Unicode applications combo box. Even then, most people have gotten away without setting it to Japanese.

Slidikins
Aug 31, 2012, 11:03 AM
You are screwed at getting rid of the boxes then. You see, by default, the files for East Asian languages are not installed. This includes the fonts, codepage tables and all of the other stuff that it needs off of the Windows disk itself.

Windows installs languages via Windows Update nowadays, you shouldn't need the disk. Just search for the Japanese Language Pack through Optional Updates, provided you're using Vista, 7, or 8.

Ana-Chan
Aug 31, 2012, 11:12 AM
Windows installs languages via Windows Update nowadays, you shouldn't need the disk. Just search for the Japanese Language Pack through Optional Updates, provided you're using Vista, 7, or 8.

For Vista+, language packs != language settings. You don't even need the Japanese language pack installed since all of the fonts, codepage files and other files are installed by default along with Windows. All the language pack does is allows you to set the user interface itself to Japanese.

The major settings otherwise are language for non Unicode programs and formats. All these need are the files which come along with Windows. These are also the settings that are needed to get almost all Japanese games to work regarldess. (The only one that never worked was where the game was checking the UI language and timezone and failing if they weren't set to Japanese).

Oh, and this thread is all about XP, since I was responding to the OP who is using XP and obviously doesn't have the East Asian files installed.

Mystogan
Aug 31, 2012, 12:54 PM
So, i am currently redownloading and starting from scrtch. Also thanks Ana-chan, i have now sorted the japanese language pack out.

FengalaFire
Aug 31, 2012, 01:22 PM
Mystogen,

You can try that but I won't be surprised if the same errors come up when you try to update. As Ana-Chan said:
The error 103 is failed to patch game error, and really all you can do is keep trying. The thing that helps is that even though the status bar starts from empty, the patching progress doesn't start from the very start. Any files that have already been downloaded will not be downloaded again. So just keep retrying.
And I said:
If I am right, your client is updating, it just cuts out somewhere in the middle of doing so but it still makes progress. You just have to keep starting the update again after it cuts out and eventually it will download the whole thing.

Mystogan
Aug 31, 2012, 01:26 PM
Yes i know that, but i looked on in my win32 and i have like 7k files, and on another thread it was said after the update there should be 5600 or so.

Ana-Chan
Aug 31, 2012, 01:48 PM
Yes i know that, but i looked on in my win32 and i have like 7k files, and on another thread it was said after the update there should be 5600 or so.

At the moment, I have 6551 items, which includes the scripts directory.

FengalaFire
Aug 31, 2012, 02:36 PM
Yes i know that, but i looked on in my win32 and i have like 7k files, and on another thread it was said after the update there should be 5600 or so.I see. I did not know that.

I have 6554 files in the win32 directory. My only suspicion in the case that you have more than that number of files in win32, is to see if there are any '.pat' files mixed with other files in the win32 directory, which may be a result of the update process. Anything else that may happen is beyond my knowledge. It might be best to re-install the client entirely anyway in case you messed with the client files, but I am not sure.

EDIT: Assuming you did not mess with any of the files in the win32 directory, I would just trust the client to get itself updated and not worry about the number of files.

Mystogan
Aug 31, 2012, 03:40 PM
Well i have redownloaded and i have started the updating process, i've had no errors as of yet (touch wood). I shall keep you posted, thanks for the help so far guys. :)

FengalaFire
Aug 31, 2012, 03:51 PM
Well i have redownloaded and i have started the updating process, i've had no errors as of yet (touch wood).
...Glad to hear that. Sometimes my update process goes all the way through absolutely fine and other times it likes to pop up with that error every now and then. Good luck with that. ;-)

I shall keep you posted, thanks for the help so far guys. :)You're welcome.

Mystogan
Sep 1, 2012, 05:28 AM
Well all of the updating was going fine, but now it has drawn to a halt. The bar will no longer move and my win32 is stuck on 5900 files.

EDIT: It must have been a big file or something or maybe i had weak connection to the server but it has finally moved, over an hour later.

Mystogan
Sep 1, 2012, 06:33 PM
Well i'd like to thank everyone a final time, the update worked but it appears my pc is just utter crap. So i'm in the process of building a new one. But thank you all again. :)

FengalaFire
Sep 1, 2012, 10:47 PM
I'm glad I could help a little. Now you know what to expect when you get your PC built. :)

Although...just for a tip in case you didn't know already, you can just copy the entire PHANTASHSTARONLINE2 client folder from one computer to another with no problems if you have a portable hard disk or flash drive in case you don't want to wait for it to download again. It works for me at least, because the internet here is very slow and the update took days...

Mystogan
Sep 2, 2012, 07:25 AM
Yeah i thought you may be able too. I'm seriously dying to play, but it'll probobly be christmas time now.. :(

yikes
Sep 3, 2012, 05:34 AM
im having this same problem, so all you did was to download again the installer?

Mystogan
Sep 3, 2012, 02:38 PM
Well i for some reason had way to many files in my win32, so i redownloaded. When patching and you get a (103 error i think) just restart the updaing process as i doesn't redownload the same files instead it carries on from where you left off. So eventually after many hours of updating it finally completed. Best of luck to you, don't give up!

yikes
Sep 4, 2012, 05:32 AM
Well i for some reason had way to many files in my win32, so i redownloaded. When patching and you get a (103 error i think) just restart the updaing process as i doesn't redownload the same files instead it carries on from where you left off. So eventually after many hours of updating it finally completed. Best of luck to you, don't give up!

ok thx, how can i check my files in win32? btw i redownloaded the setup and its almost 90% now (dont know if its necessary LOL) hope it will patch this time, if not ill just do wat u said and try and try and try till it works :)

P.S so hows Edolas right now? LOL

Mystogan
Sep 4, 2012, 07:59 AM
Urrrm, to check your files mine was. Program files > SEGA> PSO2 > (some other folder, mines deleted so i cant remember..) Then right click win32 and click preferences and it should say. I post back in the thread shows around how many files you should have. Oh, and Edolas is sunny this time of year so i've been kicking back with a few beers. Hahaha.

yikes
Sep 4, 2012, 05:19 PM
Urrrm, to check your files mine was. Program files > SEGA> PSO2 > (some other folder, mines deleted so i cant remember..) Then right click win32 and click preferences and it should say. I post back in the thread shows around how many files you should have. Oh, and Edolas is sunny this time of year so i've been kicking back with a few beers. Hahaha.

uhhmm ok sorry for this noob question but i dont get win32 :) dnt know where to find it.

im currently patching it now hope itll work

so Edolas got beers now cause theres no more magic? LOL

Ana-Chan
Sep 4, 2012, 05:59 PM
You find this inside the Phantasy Star Online 2 game directory.

The default installation path is either C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 or C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2. You can get to it using Explorer starting from (My) Computer.

Once you are in the PSO2 game directory, there should be a directory named pso2_bin. Double click on that and you will be in the directory where all of the PSO2 main executables are, if you look, you will find the Data directory in there, if you double click on this you will find two directories, license and win32. It is this win32 directory that was being talked about.

yikes
Sep 5, 2012, 12:07 AM
ok found it! thx so much Ana_Chan and of course Mystogan

you sirs are the best

btw i have 4,552 files in win 32

yikes
Sep 5, 2012, 05:07 PM
done! im enjoying the game so far, thx so much everyone!:-D