PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 and a new IMAC help/suggestions

Sebastian & PSO
Sep 2, 2012, 07:51 AM
So currently I have an Acer laptop with an Intel pentium that I have been playing PSO2 on. With the lowest graphic settings the game still lags big time and actually drops out due to 'launcher errors' when large mobs spawn and my laptop basically has a heart attack.

I have always wanted an Imac and my birthday is coming up next week (no I'm not buying myself a present lol but I do have parents who would like to buy me one) so I was thinking of going for an Imac, but my biggest concern is obviously PSO2.

I know I have two options which is buy a brand new copy of windows 7 which will set me back another $120 and run it through bootcamp, OR use wine, which seem's so complicated and difficult to set up.

I just wanted to know if anyone here plays PSO2 using a mac or if they would suggest buying a laptop instead? I would hate to buy a new IMAC and not be able to play PSO2 at all.

Is there any chance they will release a downloadable version for MAC's? Will I be able to play the game on the highest graphics settings with a new imac running windows without experiencing lag?

If not what other laptops for similar prices would you suggest going for with the same or better specs? After all $1,500 AU is a lot of money to be forking out...

HMMMM... sorry for the long post, please post your suggestions and let me know :-) I mainly want a imac because a) its pretty b) it has a large screen and c) they are just cool.

Neirene
Sep 2, 2012, 03:40 PM
I dont recommend mac for playing PSO2 even with bootcamp it will work but you may get a low perfomance similar to your current computer, plus its a very expensive computer.

My suggestion is that since you have a nice budget now that you mentioned you wanted a mac you should instead use that money and get a nice windows laptop with enough power to run the game at maximum settings.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 3, 2012, 01:16 AM
I dont recommend mac for playing PSO2 even with bootcamp it will work but you may get a low perfomance similar to your current computer, plus its a very expensive computer.

My suggestion is that since you have a nice budget now that you mentioned you wanted a mac you should instead use that money and get a nice windows laptop with enough power to run the game at maximum settings.

^ +^_^+ make sure it has a dedicated video card of some sort in it+^_^+ at least a Nvidia GT540m/Radeon HD 6730M or higher in it (if you want good shader on with 30+ FPS), and if you decide to use the imac with bootcamp, you can use Windows XP since your only going to use the windows OS to run PSO2 on it (i think) and it's much cheaper (i think, i have an OEM key that never expires *not gonna share it, don't need M$ coming down on me*) +^_^+ also, if you have the money to buy a mac, why not use that instead to build a desktop for $700 with much higher performance then any laptop could ever have (without crossing the $1500 mark)+^_^+
EDIT: i believe that PSO2 is going to have ios/osx support in the near future, so if you set on getting a mac, know that eventually, you'll be able to play the game without bootcamp, still keep in mind the GPUs though+^_^+

Sebastian & PSO
Sep 17, 2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks so much guys! I did end up getting a iMac because I have always wanted one, great to hear that PSO2 will eventually make it to mac.

I downloaded wine and followed all the steps but PSO2 keeps giving the error 434 so I will have to buy a copy of windows and hope for the best : ) thanks again guys