PDA

View Full Version : Things you did that made you feel immense regret and accomplishment at the same time?

Narugami
Sep 2, 2012, 08:25 AM
Just as the title asks. I just spent 1.7m+ just to decorate a 3 day room. And I'm not even contented. And I'm broke now.

You next

Shirai
Sep 2, 2012, 08:31 AM
Spending money on the AC gacha.

Amaranthus
Sep 2, 2012, 08:52 AM
Well... I've been trying to have 2 Tigredors, 1 fire 1 thunder. After spending about 800k grinding my fire I gave up and switched my +10 thunder Tigredor to fire instead and fed my original fire Tigredor to it to up its fire element.

Lol.

Fox2Tails
Sep 2, 2012, 09:15 AM
The amount of meseta I put into my Firearm+10

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2012, 09:26 AM
Buying weapons for maybe 200k or so, but then using almost a stack of grinders whilst having it bounce between 4-6 grinds the whole time. Makes me regret buying the weapon in the first place.

Jakosifer
Sep 2, 2012, 11:06 AM

This.

darkante
Sep 2, 2012, 11:09 AM
Spending millions of meseeta on Rappy suits.
I usually like what i get, but then i see something "more" interesting and tries something different.

Bad spending habit.

Aegea
Sep 2, 2012, 08:08 PM
I spent about 4 million to buy a +10 Ridultiv with Shoot3 + Mizer Soul. Doodoo can suck it.

Yup.

But that red yukata was worth it. :D

Shadowth117
Sep 2, 2012, 08:19 PM
A lot of the soloing I've done. Its fun and challenging, but this game makes that feel worthless 90% of the time because of MPA's.

pikachief
Sep 2, 2012, 08:20 PM
whenever i buy an outfit lol

Mikura
Sep 2, 2012, 08:24 PM
Spending absurd amounts of meseta on an outfit "just to look pretty," instead of spending it on weapons and armor that would actually benefit me. I admit, my priorities are rather skewed.

kyojin
Sep 2, 2012, 08:52 PM
grinding my Divulcan to +10 and adding mizer soul and shoot III on which i used 1 1/2 bundles of grinders and ended up spending the same cost as buying it, but heck its very satisfying hearing the +10 success sound in the end

Zyrusticae
Sep 2, 2012, 09:28 PM
whenever i buy an outfit lol

Spending absurd amounts of meseta on an outfit "just to look pretty," instead of spending it on weapons and armor that would actually benefit me. I admit, my priorities are rather skewed.
Pretty much this.

Though I'll add, I feel nothing wrong with spending for aesthetics over combat effectiveness considering there's essentially no great pressure to perform well in this game (at least, for MPAs).

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2012, 09:30 PM
Though I'll add, I feel nothing wrong with spending for aesthetics over combat effectiveness considering there's essentially no great pressure to perform well in this game (at least, for MPAs).

Battle Tactics > Gear, anyway. So yeah, there's no great 'Arms Race' in this game. Not that I would spend any less on clothes/accessories/whatever even if there was.

pikachief
Sep 2, 2012, 09:47 PM
yea in other games I felt more inclined to get better gear since the faster you could run through the mission meant the better drops you'd get. Now you just need 12 people in a multiparty for the best drops. So I just play to get money to play dress up and any weapons I have are from drops in those MPAs

gigawuts
Sep 2, 2012, 09:51 PM
An outfit only goes up in value after the market's had its initial crash, but a weapon only goes down. Not to mention that unless it's one of the current 9* sets, it'll be replaced in no time. Even those will be replaced in october.

So look pretty! It's nice looking pretty.

JeyKama
Sep 2, 2012, 09:57 PM
Well... I've been trying to have 2 Tigredors, 1 fire 1 thunder. After spending about 800k grinding my fire I gave up and switched my +10 thunder Tigredor to fire instead and fed my original fire Tigredor to it to up its fire element.

Lol.

I find it handy to carry around multiple Tigs, because you don't lose Weak Bullets when switching between guns of the same model. Lets me potentially swap to a Burn or Poison effect weapon while still keeping Bullet around just in case.

But yeah, two +10 Tigs here (one at 50 element... sigh), and got the Burn III/Shoot III one up to +9.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 2, 2012, 11:58 PM
bought a blue bikini, then realizing that even though i was so careful, my Caseal's hips are still way too wide with too narrow a waist+^_^+ why do you think i kept asking about the CC demo cast in in human underwear way back in CBT and on?? no one ever answered any of those posts and no amount of Google research turned up anything except a few pics..... *cries*

Zenobia
Sep 3, 2012, 12:12 AM
Bought 2 Adirou. Gave one away.

Q.Q ARDIOU U EVADE ME AGAIN WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rika-chan
Sep 3, 2012, 12:16 AM

It's the exact same with me ^^;

Ayures
Sep 3, 2012, 12:41 AM
I've gotten good with gunslashes. Really good.

Drifting Fable
Sep 3, 2012, 01:39 AM
Nearing the level cap, haven't done a thing to my mags, again. Just like my days of PSO.

Why I haven't is beyond me.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 3, 2012, 07:48 AM
Been sitting around 10K on average for about a week because I've been trying to grind my Patty Lumeria and Ridultv to +10.

...I'm leaning more towards the regret side of things, honestly.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 3, 2012, 07:49 AM
Been sitting around 10K on average for about a week because I've been trying to grind my Patty Lumeria and Ridultv to +10.

...I'm leaning more towards the regret side of things, honestly.

Just slam a Quartz soul on the Patty and be done with it.

NoiseHERO
Sep 3, 2012, 07:49 AM
Any inferior weapon I buy and grind to 10 for the looks...

Which is 99% of the weapons I get...

Narugami
Sep 3, 2012, 07:51 AM

What? How is ability grinding equivalent to weapon grinding?

Ce'Nedra
Sep 3, 2012, 08:02 AM
What? How is ability grinding equivalent to weapon grinding?

It isn't, but thats what I did to my Patty and it works like a charm, though I bought mine with +6 on it.

jooozek
Sep 3, 2012, 08:26 AM
Not using one character for all classes :-?

Narugami
Sep 3, 2012, 08:29 AM
Any inferior weapon I buy and grind to 10 for the looks...

Which is 99% of the weapons I get...

Since there is very little competitiveness in this game (I think it's just the interrupt rankings that counts as competitive?), looks are the way to go!

It isn't, but thats what I did to my Patty and it works like a charm, though I bought mine with +6 on it.

Good on you. The other guy wants a +10, not just a quartz soul.

Wayu
Sep 3, 2012, 08:29 AM
Grinding all my equipment to +10. All of it.

Because any new, better gear I get has to be +10 to be better. D:

-Wayu

Enforcer MKV
Sep 3, 2012, 08:33 AM

It's cool, Naru. Nedra is my friend; he's just giving me some advice.

Narugami
Sep 3, 2012, 08:38 AM
It's cool, Naru. Nedra is my friend; he's just giving me some advice.

Okay.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 3, 2012, 08:49 AM

Nice to see the PSO2 community got downhill as much that even giving just some advice or a opinion already needs to get bashed.

Coatl
Sep 3, 2012, 09:01 AM
I finally got 300 of those windira horns. I hate those guys, so it feels nice having a memento for the suffering I've caused them.

Narugami
Sep 3, 2012, 07:32 PM
Nice to see the PSO2 community got downhill as much that even giving just some advice or a opinion already needs to get bashed.

Didn't really sound like an opinion to me. More like telling him what to do. And I didn't bash you in any way. I just said "Good on you, but the other guy wants a +10." Do tell me how that is bashing?

I finally got 300 of those windira horns. I hate those guys, so it feels nice having a memento for the suffering I've caused them.

And then you get to sell them? I hate those bastards too Q___Q

Coatl
Sep 3, 2012, 09:22 PM
And then you get to sell them? I hate those bastards too Q___Q

No I'm saving them until new classes are out. Then I can turn them into frankas for a good two or three weeks. o:
She likes keeping it exotic.

Silver Crow
Sep 4, 2012, 02:01 PM
Something that made me regret and feel accomplished at the same time... hmm... that would be this thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200503

Jakosifer
Sep 4, 2012, 02:33 PM
Something that made me regret and feel accomplished at the same time... hmm... that would be this thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200503

Lmao.

The OP means in game! D<

Slidikins
Sep 4, 2012, 02:50 PM
For me it would be:

Dying right after using a MAG Burst (photon blast) against Vol Dragon while playing solo. The MAG Burst proceeded to kill said Vol Dragon, thus ending my mission without losing my S rank.

So yea, I felt regret for using a PB at such a stupid moment, but accomplishment for succeeding nonetheless.

ZcRaider
Sep 4, 2012, 09:05 PM
Well for me:

It was spending over 400k bouncing back in forth between +4 an +8 when grinding rares. My accomplisment was building a Dex only mag. Now i only waste about 150k. 100k for the grinders if i dont have them. And the 50k for cost at NPC Techer. Making a Pure Dex mag was probaby the best investment i have made in this game. I only regret the money that i wasted before doing so. Helps to have a Ranger with maxed ability trees as well. ;-). Getting rares to +10 is SOOOO much easyer now. Its a shame my shop ticket expired.....

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2012, 09:12 PM
Well for me:

It was spending over 400k bouncing back in forth between +4 an +8 when grinding rares. My accomplisment was building a Dex only mag. Now i only waste about 150k. 100k for the grinders if i dont have them. And the 50k for cost at NPC Techer. Making a Pure Dex mag was probaby the best investment i have made in this game. I only regret the money that i wasted before doing so. Helps to have a Ranger with maxed abilite trees as well. ;-). Getting rares to +10 is SOOOO much easyer now. Its a shame my shop ticket expired.....

woah, woah, woah. Are you saying that Ability (Dexterity) has an effect on successful grinding?

Because that's what I'm getting from this.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 4, 2012, 09:21 PM
Getting vol soul and power III on my 3 hunter units. I feel great for doing it, but kinda upset that I could have saved the mes for new classess.

ZcRaider
Sep 4, 2012, 09:38 PM
woah, woah, woah. Are you saying that Ability (Dexterity) has an effect on successful grinding?

Because that's what I'm getting from this.

;-)

Lets just say, proof is in da pudding shall we? :-D

x2 +10 Trigs
PSO SHOT +10
Zamba +10
Zero Slash Cancer +10 / +50 Fire (One of the hardest hitting Gunblades out. That 50% fire makes a hella difference even when not paired with weakness)
Full Cylinder +10
Yasmikov +10
7* Talis +10
ALL 3* Weapons +10
ALL 3* ARMORS +10
ALL 7*+ ARMORS +10

I made a small fortune getting "Vita" class rifles and weapons to +10. Much easyer than rares, and effortless since the Pure Ability Mag.

My secret is out now hahah. But i dont mind sharing. Hope it helps lower prices hahahhaha.

P.S = Its not flawless. But its much easyer to grind rares. Went from +8's goin down to +3, to plus 9+ goin down to +6, worst case scenerios. Some times it will dance betweem +8 to +7.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2012, 09:47 PM
;-)

Lets just say, proof is in da pudding shall we? :-D

x2 +10 Trigs
PSO SHOT +10
Zamba +10
Full Cylinder +10
Yasmikov +10
7* Talis +10
ALL 3* Weapons +10
ALL 3* ARMORS +10
ALL 7*+ ARMORS +10

I made a small fortune getting "Vita" class rifles and weapons to +10. Much easyer than rares, and effortless since the Pure Ability Mag.

My secret is out now hahah. But i dont mind sharing. Hope it helps lower prices hahahhaha.

P.S = Its not flawless. But its much easyer to grind rares. Went from +8's goin down to +3, to plus 9+ goin down to +6, worst case scenerios. Some times it will dance betweem +8 to +7.

This is.....intriguing, to say the least. If this is true, and assuming it's not some kind of bug that will eventually get patched, this means that the grinding process is not completely random, and that everyone will inherently have an easier time grinding as we increase in level....also, this throws another - wait a moment, what if Ability affects every single RNG in this game, and not just.....

*goes to ponder this*

ZcRaider
Sep 4, 2012, 09:52 PM
This is.....intriguing, to say the least. If this is true, and assuming it's not some kind of bug that will eventually get patched, this means that the grinding process is not completely random, and that everyone will inherently have an easier time grinding as we increase in level....also, this throws another - wait a moment, what if Ability affects every single RNG in this game, and not just.....

*goes to ponder this*

*joins in the ponderage* ;-)

The most i can say is that Ability seems to have a direct influence on the Workmanship Rating. But i also found that certain classes have an natually higher ability stat. Ranger seems to be THAT class, for grinding. Then add in da Pure Ability Mag, and you just started your own business. THe only downside is that it TAKES FOREVER TO MAKE ONE. Mine is only at 120 while my other two mags are 150, and ive been feeding it since DAY ONE.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2012, 09:58 PM
*joins in the ponderage* ;-)

The most i can say is that Ability seems to have a direct influence on the Workmanship Rating. But i also found that certain classes have an natually higher ability stat. Ranger seems to be THAT class, for grinding. Then add in da Pure Ability Mag, and you just started your own business. THe only downside is that it TAKES FOREVER TO MAKE ONE. Mine is only at 120 while my other two mags are 150, and ive been feeding it since DAY ONE.

@____@

I have so many thoughts on this, but I'd rather not derail the thread.

ZcRaider
Sep 4, 2012, 10:04 PM
@____@

I have so many thoughts on this, but I'd rather not derail the thread.

Indeed. I Just now posted this solution to the "RNG Thread". Hope it helps people out, maybe lower some of those insane prices i see in the player shops. I always undercut, to try to balance out the economy of PSO2, at least on Ship 08. Im surprized nobody has thought of this already, or noticed this yet. Guess im more pro in this game than i realize heh.

Peace

Crysteon
Sep 4, 2012, 10:17 PM
Errr....I dont really feel like I have any accomplishment around, but I do have some full regrets, lol. I can list a few:

- Buying a Ragne Answerer for like 1.5mil when they started dropping and grinding it straight to +10 and adding affixes for like 300k more.
- Grinding gazillions of times random 9*s with Dodo, getting broke several times without getting anything to +10 and ending up selling the rare items for 1/10 the real money I invested.
- Breeding an Apus for the looks of the Mag. (this one is extremely stupid).
- Uploading vids on YT and still receiving comments in-game from random people who state I dont know how to play the game (like I need any tips from idiots, lol).

BlueCast Boy
Sep 4, 2012, 10:21 PM
I still had that regret on buying that Duel Gaze talis, I thought it would be awesome for a hunter to use techs but when i realize I can't use tech on hunters and rangers I was full of regrets not to mention i'm super broke but still worth it since I'm leveling it on my FOcast.

Geistritter
Sep 4, 2012, 11:33 PM
Absolutely anything involving Doo-doo that isn't element enhancement.

NeoRydia
Sep 5, 2012, 04:58 AM
Idk about the ability increasing grind chance thing. My only mag is also pure ability sitting at about level 130 now i think. I also have signo souls on all my armor. Grinding hasn't seemed any easier for me then the average player from my experience. Maybe you are just really lucky lol. I suppose it is possible though so who knows. It would be really odd though. I never heard of any mmo having any ways to increase the success rate for upgrading on anything (there is always the few baseless rumors ofc which could very well become the case here) aside from spending real money on their cash shop for special items or w/e. Having a way to naturally increase your success rate would just result in a loss of revenue for the company in most cases.

Anyways back on topic. I just spent a bit over 3m for that useless rod that looks like a hammer that you could only get with a special item code. On one hand i got a one of a kind item but on the other i could have spent that money to improve my sub-par gear.