PDA

View Full Version : GameGaurd Error Bypass

Shinta Himura
Sep 3, 2012, 11:07 PM
For those of you running X64 Vista or Win 7 and can't get PSO2 to work. Try this method and see if it works for you as it did for me

1. Download Sandboxie at http://www.sandboxie.com/attic/SandboxieInstall-346.exe Edit: Updated to the exact version i was using since i think that had something to do with this working

2. Install it, You may or maynot have to restart. After you do, Open up The Sandboxie Control and click on the Sandbox Tab at the top. Then click Create New sandbox.

Enter any name for the sandbox, I used PSO to make it simple.

You should see it in the list now.

3.Right click on your recently created sandbox and select "Sandbox Settings"
You should see a window with alot of settings.

Your going to ignore everything except the following.

Restrictions--
---Drop Rights
_____ Make sure "Drop rights form administrator" is checked

---Low Level Access
_____ Make sure EVERYTHING is checked

~~~Hardware Acesss

Resource Access--
~~~File Access
-----Direct Access
______ Add in your C Drive And which ever drive PSO is also installed on
-----Full Access
______ Same as Direct Access

~~~ Window Access
_____ Click Add and input *

Your sandbox is now ready to use!

4. Once the PSO2 sandbox is created, right click on it
~~~Run Sandboxed
---------Run Any Program
___________Browse for pso2launcher.exe

If you don't want to right click your PSO2 shortcut or PSO2 launcher everytime if you have the full version of the program.
Go back inside of the Sandbox Settings.
Go to Program Start.
Click Forced Folders.
Add in the folder for PSO and your set.

Its worked for many players so If this doesn't work for you send some feedback and i'll see if i can help.

Edit: Just to clarify, this DOES NOT bypass gamegaurd. All it does is keep the error from poping up by putting Gamegaurd in a much more stable environment. Yes Gamegaurd will still continue to work and do all of its Anti-Hacking.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 3, 2012, 11:11 PM
Bypassing Gameguard will probably flag you as a wicked user though.

Shinta Himura
Sep 3, 2012, 11:14 PM
Read my new edit - It won't
Anyone who knows sandboxie knows this does not stop gamegaurd. Its only helping gamegaurd run better with windows.

As proof, ITs still closing random processes and making my IE, FF AND chrome freeze only when PSO2 is loaded

IndigoNovember
Sep 3, 2012, 11:29 PM
Got these errors when I followed your guide (followed all the steps, restarted my computer after installation):

SBIE2303 Could not hook VerifyCatalogFile (33, 5)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'setupapi.dll'
SBIE2303 Could not hook CryptProtectData (33, 5)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'crypt32.dll'

Yamishi
Sep 3, 2012, 11:30 PM
Apparently, I can't force it to run PSO2 in the sandbox, as that feature is only available to registered users...

And when you say "Right click on your shortcut," what do I do next? The right click menu offers me Open, Run as Administrator, and Properties. None of which allow me to play PSO2 without the GameGuard error.

Shinta Himura
Sep 3, 2012, 11:31 PM
Ignore those errors. I get those as well.
Game should still load, If not I'll look through my configs again to see if anything is diffrent

@yamishi Ah ofc. In that case go to the Sandboxie Controll and right click your sandbox and select Run Sandboxed ---> Run Any program

Yamishi
Sep 3, 2012, 11:35 PM
Game should still load, If not I'll look through my configs again to see if anything is diffrent

@yamishi Ah ofc. In that case go to the Sandboxie Controll and right click your sandbox and select Run Sandboxed ---> Run Any program

Ah, got it. It's starting pso2.exe now, but it's really slow... is that to be expected, or did I do something wrong?

Shinta Himura
Sep 3, 2012, 11:38 PM
It has to load files into sandboxie as required by the client. So first few loads will be slow.

IndigoNovember
Sep 4, 2012, 12:34 AM
I got those errors as well as the game still crashing. I can get as far in as logging into my account before I get the usual error.

Shinta Himura
Sep 4, 2012, 12:47 AM
Strange, Just double checked the settings and it should be working. What OS are you using?

Also make sure you are using a administrator account/run as admin when running sandboxie or else gamegaurd will not use sandboxie at all.

PSOFan123
Sep 4, 2012, 12:56 AM
Just tried this as well and I got PSO2 to run fine in the sandbox, but then it still BSODs my computer when I exit. Oh well. Thanks for posting this though, may help others.

Shinta Himura
Sep 4, 2012, 01:08 AM
If its doing that. When your going to log off. Go to the Sandboxie control again and click on Gamegaurd.des and click Terminate Program.

That should shut down GG and kill PSO without BSODing. Tho it seems the BSOD may be CPU/OS dependant.

Devilmanone
Sep 4, 2012, 01:18 AM
First let me say thank you for posting this. I'm currently trying to get it working for me. I can now get to the Authenticating SegaID before I get the error message. I've tried following all your steps. The only thing that mine is doing different is that on the Drop box I cant keep it checked because it just fails. It requests I double click to disable and that gets me to the login screen.

IndigoNovember
Sep 4, 2012, 01:20 AM
Strange, Just double checked the settings and it should be working. What OS are you using?

Also make sure you are using a administrator account/run as admin when running sandboxie or else gamegaurd will not use sandboxie at all.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 bit.

I'm using the administrator account by default. Is that good enough or should I restart sandboxie and run it as administrator?

Shinta Himura
Sep 4, 2012, 01:26 AM
First let me say thank you for posting this. I'm currently trying to get it working for me. I can now get to the Authenticating SegaID before I get the error message. I've tried following all your steps. The only thing that mine is doing different is that on the Drop box I cant keep it checked because it just fails. It requests I double click to disable and that gets me to the login screen.

I am starting to think that the option may be a full version only. and that may be why some have it working and some don't.

Also it may be a version diffrence in sandboxie as a team member of mine noted. I am using version 3.46. Which oddly enuf did not 100% support x64 and i think that is what is making it work, Since gamegaurd can't seem to do it either - messed up logic but it works.

I'll update the link for 3.46 and see if that helps

@indigo you can try restarting sandboxie as admin but it should do the same. I have not tested this full on win 7 x64

Ana-Chan
Sep 4, 2012, 01:34 AM
I'm on Windows 7 x64 bit.

I'm using the administrator account by default. Is that good enough or should I restart sandboxie and run it as administrator?

It depends on which Administrator account you are using. If you are using Administrator then I will question your decision but say that is enough. The Administrator account is special and bypasses things like UAC regardless of whether it is switched on. It is a very dangerous account to be using regularly, which is why Windows creates a new one for you.

If you are using another account with administrative privileges then it depends on whether you have UAC enabled or not. If UAC isn't enabled, I will again question your decision about disabling UAC but just say that it will be enough. With UAC disabled, your account will be running with full administrative rights and with the Administrators group enabled, so it will be enough.

If UAC is enabled then it depends on if sandboxie is set to auto elevate or not. If you double click on the sandboxie icon and immediately get the UAC prompt (the same one that you get when you run PSO2) then again it is good enough. If you double click the icon and it runs without prompting, then you may need to right click on it and then select Run as administrator, it all depends on what method it uses to run the game.

I know this is a convoluted answer, but the answer depends on your system and sandboxie. It won't hurt anything to always right click and select Run as administrator though.

IzzyData
Sep 4, 2012, 01:44 AM
This is what I was using to multibox pso2. Works alright, but it still somewhat glitchy. Probably due to the double gameguard conflictions.

IndigoNovember
Sep 4, 2012, 01:47 AM
It depends on which Administrator account you are using. If you are using Administrator then I will question your decision but say that is enough. The Administrator account is special and bypasses things like UAC regardless of whether it is switched on. It is a very dangerous account to be using regularly, which is why Windows creates a new one for you.
Running Administrator account.

If you are using another account with administrative privileges then it depends on whether you have UAC enabled or not. If UAC isn't enabled, I will again question your decision about disabling UAC but just say that it will be enough. With UAC disabled, your account will be running with full administrative rights and with the Administrators group enabled, so it will be enough.
UAC disabled.

If UAC is enabled then it depends on if sandboxie is set to auto elevate or not. If you double click on the sandboxie icon and immediately get the UAC prompt (the same one that you get when you run PSO2) then again it is good enough. If you double click the icon and it runs without prompting, then you may need to right click on it and then select Run as administrator, it all depends on what method it uses to run the game.
Using Run as Administrator even on Administrator account.

Guess my laptop is at huge risk.

MegaZoneXE
Sep 4, 2012, 01:54 AM
For those of you running X64 Vista or Win 7 and can't get PSO2 to work. Try this method and see if it works for you as it did for me

1. Download Sandboxie at http://www.sandboxie.com/attic/SandboxieInstall-346.exe Edit: Updated to the exact version i was using since i think that had something to do with this working

2. Install it, You may or maynot have to restart. After you do, Open up The Sandboxie Control and click on the Sandbox Tab at the top. Then click Create New sandbox.

Enter any name for the sandbox, I used PSO to make it simple.

You should see it in the list now.

3.Right click on your recently created sandbox and select "Sandbox Settings"
You should see a window with alot of settings.

Your going to ignore everything except the following.

Restrictions--
---Drop Rights
_____ Make sure "Drop rights form administrator" is checked

---Low Level Access

~~~Hardware Acesss

Resource Access--
~~~File Access
-----Direct Access
______ Add in your C Drive And which ever drive PSO is also installed on
-----Full Access
______ Same as Direct Access

~~~ Window Access
_____ Click Add and input *

After you apply all the settings. Right click your PSO2 Shortcut or pso2launcher.exe and enjoy

If you don't want to right click your PSO2 shortcut or PSO2 launcher everytime.
Go back inside of the Sandbox Settings.
Go to Program Start.
Click Forced Folders.
Add in the folder for PSO and your set.

Its worked for about 3 players so far. If this doesn't work for you send some feedback and i'll see if i can help.

Edit: Just to clarify, this DOES NOT bypass gamegaurd. All it does is keep the error from poping up by putting Gamegaurd in a much more stable environment. Yes Gamegaurd will still continue to work and do all of its Anti-Hacking.

i got the game to work fully! thanks for this! on a side note i would add this for non-registered sandboxie users like myself:

4. Once the PSO2 sandbox is created, right click on it
~~~Run Sandboxed
---------Run Any Program
___________Browse for pso2launcher.exe

Ana-Chan
Sep 4, 2012, 02:04 AM
Using Run as Administrator even on Administrator account.

Well, as you may have guessed from my post in general, that won't do anything more. All that does is under UAC, it obtains your administrator rights if your account is an administrator account but limited, or obtains an account with administrative rights if the account is a standard user.

If you are using a full administrator account, either by using the builtin administrator account or disabling UAC, all you are doing is causing Windows to go

"Oh, I need administrative access to run this, let's go and get it, oh wait, I already am an administrator."

and just runs the program with your current user level anyway. So as I said, while it doesn't hurt to go through Run as, in your particular case it does nothing. So just double click and stop wasting that fraction of a second.

eharima
Sep 4, 2012, 04:43 AM
errrrrr is it just me, or did todays update BREAK EVERYTHING from running in sandbox?

ive been using sandbox for a long time for reasons not this, and todays update forces closed EVERYTHING and anything in my sandbox wtf?
cannot run anytrhing in sandbox............

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2012, 04:54 AM
Don't know if this applies to everyone, but I grabbed the latest GameGuard update and it no longer crashes on startup for me. Hope everyone else gets theirs working, or that SEGA decides to scrap GameGuard some day soon.

PKS
Sep 4, 2012, 10:45 AM
Please tell me there's another way other than Sandboxie as that never worked for me ever.

Don't know if this applies to everyone, but I grabbed the latest GameGuard update and it no longer crashes on startup for me. Hope everyone else gets theirs working, or that SEGA decides to scrap GameGuard some day soon.

Also where did you get the Gameguard update?

Meena09
Sep 6, 2012, 06:41 AM
Nope doesn't work for me
initially I tried it with the settings it Himura told me but it wouldn't launch the program. The errors he said ignore i couldn't because they were causing the failed launch.

I then removed the Drop rights. that allowed me to launch the program but not sign in

so again where's this Game Guard update located i went to the site and all the had was this GameGuardPrivate thing

Alenoir
Sep 6, 2012, 11:38 AM
The update downloads itself automatically when you run the patcher. ...Or when you start the game normally from the patcher. I forgot which.

Meena09
Sep 6, 2012, 12:52 PM
Perhaps this is a question for PSK to answer.

chihiro
Sep 7, 2012, 06:02 PM
I attempted this fix in hopes that it would add stability to gameguard which has been causing periodic freezes for my PC, but SB will not run PSO2 after following the directions in the OP. PSO2 terminates after launching giving me the following message:

http://i.imgur.com/CscXZ.png

IzzyData
Sep 8, 2012, 09:17 PM
I can't see to get pso2 to run in sandboxie anymore.

Shirokami
Sep 15, 2012, 09:40 PM
pso2launcher.exe dies
http://puu.sh/15wsX
Won't run.