PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket users

Sephirah
Sep 4, 2012, 10:11 PM
So semi unrelated to PSO, but related in the sense that it's what I, and I'm sure many others use to upload our screenshots.

Is anyone elses account "in maintanence" right now? I haven't been able to login for a few hours now.

I wasn't sure where would be the best place to post this so mods feel free to move this thread to a more appropriate spot.

ashley50
Sep 4, 2012, 10:12 PM
Yes it is.

Chik'Tikka
Sep 4, 2012, 10:14 PM
mines fine, just uploaded a new photo+^_^+

Sephirah
Sep 4, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hmm... I guess it's only some people then?

blace
Sep 4, 2012, 10:25 PM
This happens periodically, just wait around for about 10 or so minutes before trying again.

Jakosifer
Sep 4, 2012, 10:30 PM
I had an issue uploading stuff a moment ago, but it seems to be just fine presently.

IzzyData
Sep 4, 2012, 10:51 PM
On a side note you guys should look into image hosting with dropbox. You can simply drag the picture into your dropbox folder on your computer and it gets uploaded. Right click the picture and it will give you a direct link to use on forums. I use it every time I share an image and there is literally no faster method.

Except dropbox clones that is.

McLaughlin
Sep 5, 2012, 12:22 AM
Anyone using Photobucket should switch to Imgur.

jooozek
Sep 5, 2012, 01:11 AM
Imgur is pretty bad now, it lowers the quality and makes for most time JPEGs out of PNGs if they are too big :sleepy:

doomdragon83
Sep 5, 2012, 02:46 AM
Imgur is getting bad and PB & IS are total garbage, switch to Minus. I made an account there and I plan on uploading all of my animated gifs and apng files onto it when I get the chance. The limit is 200 MB IIRC and you get a maximum of 10 GB per account and no resizing.

CelestialBlade
Sep 5, 2012, 04:46 AM
On a side note you guys should look into image hosting with dropbox. You can simply drag the picture into your dropbox folder on your computer and it gets uploaded. Right click the picture and it will give you a direct link to use on forums. I use it every time I share an image and there is literally no faster method.

Except dropbox clones that is.
I love Dropbox; problem being I use it for friggin everything so mine's always full :lol: So I generally outsource images to Photobucket just to save space.

BIG OLAF
Sep 5, 2012, 10:29 AM
I think the issues with Photobucket are due to them slowly rolling out their 'new format' for the website (which is terrible; I tried it out for a brief period a couple weeks ago), because I had the same problem then. Except, for me, it lasted a good couple days before I could finally re-access my account. It was a pain.

Sephirah
Sep 5, 2012, 01:22 PM
Yea I still can't access it >.<