PDA

View Full Version : Code Collect Drills...

ShadowDragon28
Sep 6, 2012, 11:01 PM
How the frak does one get the meter up to full on a drill?

I hold "E" it barely builds the meter, I mash the button, it builds half way and then stop building up no matter how fast I mash the button on the KB, I try the same on my gamepad and it does the same. How does one get the meter to fill before it drops back to zero????

Mike
Sep 6, 2012, 11:19 PM
Only mash while the drill is glowing.

yoshiblue
Sep 7, 2012, 01:49 AM
I always saw it as a press and hold ordeal. Does mashing really help?

Would explain how my friend got them so fast.

Husq
Sep 7, 2012, 02:27 AM
Smashing the E button does help, same with all the other terminals. It is probably the only way you can do it, if you are soloing.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 7, 2012, 03:30 AM
i mash "E" when the drill lights up, but the light goes away and it looses the charge up, how the frak to i keep the bar from dropping to zero?

I keep failing Story quest 2 and this is getting really frustrating.

methaniel
Sep 7, 2012, 03:49 AM
i mash "E" when the drill lights up, but the light goes away and it looses the charge up, how the frak to i keep the bar from dropping to zero?

I keep failing Story quest 2 and this is getting really frustrating.

If you stop mashing when the light is out, the energy gauge shouldn't decrease (though, for myself, I don't know if it's due to a short lag, but I would start to lose energy a little bit right before it shuts down...but by now I know well too much how much time it goes on, thanks to the sound, and know when to stop mashing)

ShadowDragon28
Sep 7, 2012, 04:47 AM
i dont know what Im doing wrong. The meter looses it's charge when the light goes out, and is unaffected when i mash "E" or the button on my gamepad. I can get the meter half way full but then it looses its charge when the light goes out.... What the frak is the trick to charge it to full???? GAH!!!

Sp-24
Sep 7, 2012, 04:53 AM
So, have you tried not pressing the button when the light goes out already?

ShadowDragon28
Sep 7, 2012, 05:12 AM
assigned the "E" (access) function to my space bar, and didnt press it when the light goes out, but held it down when the light is on the drill, i figured out the pattern is "hold button until sound bleeps and light goes out" then repeat, i almost completed both but ran out of time... fuck. will try again... >:

Sp-24
Sep 7, 2012, 05:56 AM
Only mash while the drill is glowing.

Is it just me, or is this instruction not hard at all to understand and follow?

Saffran
Sep 7, 2012, 06:30 AM
Yeah, smash E when the drill is actually drilling.
I think just reading the effing instructions on screen would have helped, wouldn't it?

ShadowDragon28
Sep 7, 2012, 07:53 AM
1) I dont use the English patch, so descriptions are in japanese. I choose not to patch my game client.

2) Mashing "E" didnt really help much, putting "access" function on Space bar to hold down when the light is on the drill and timing it right did work

Husq
Sep 7, 2012, 07:59 AM
Reassigning the key back to E or any other lettered key, and see if that works.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 7, 2012, 09:01 AM
I figured out the pattern, I got it now.

Silver Crow
Sep 7, 2012, 11:32 AM
I figured out the pattern, I got it now.

pattern? there is no pattern. you bloody mash when it glows and stop when its not. how you found a pattern is beyond me. i'm worried about your future if a simple 2 choice puzzle confused you. and there are already threads like this, plus this is the GUIDE section. I Have many more complains but i'll leave you to your feeble mind...

ShadowDragon28
Sep 7, 2012, 05:12 PM
there is a pattern, specific timing to tap the "access" function button only in the limited time when the drill lights up, and to STOP tapping the button when the drill is not lit up (doing so causes the meter to loose charge).
My mistake was mashing the button when the light isnt on, which decreased the charge bar, and if walk away to fight an enemy, the drill lost charge if im not there to tap the button when the light shines from the drill.

Yes this is the "guide" section, for gameplay related questions and guides, this topic would not be for the general message board. FYI, Your childish insult was uncalled for and your comment was totally uneccessary.