PDA

View Full Version : Game Guard Crash, is there a solution?

Meena09
Sep 7, 2012, 09:14 AM
My game constantly crashes from what I believe is the GameGuard Crash. I think this issue started to occur on the 4th, when GameGuard was supposedly updated. the game doesn't have a specific point at which it likes to crash it can happen anywhere it's usually a matter of time sometime I can play for hours and other times only minutes, one time it even crashed on startup.

I've tried sandboxie already, but I could not get past the login because of an error that would terminate the program.

Someone said that they "picked up the latest GameGuard update" and it no longer happens. Where did you find it. I assumed that GameGuard updated along with PSO2.

Gama
Sep 7, 2012, 09:18 AM
My game constantly crashes from what I believe is the GameGuard Crash. I think this issue started to occur on the 4th, when GameGuard was supposedly updated. the game doesn't have a specific point at which it likes to crash it can happen anywhere it's usually a matter of time sometime I can play for hours and other times only minutes, one time it even crashed on startup.

I've tried sandboxie already, but I could not get past the login because of an error that would terminate the program.

Someone said that they "picked up the latest GameGuard update" and it no longer happens. Where did you find it. I assumed that GameGuard updated along with PSO2.

i dont have any issues

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8169566/pso2%20snaps/GG.zip

my gameguard files.

Meena09
Sep 7, 2012, 11:34 AM
No that didn't work the game still locks up from time to time i didn't even test to see if it would blue screen but from what i did test i'm pretty sure it can.

thanks for the effort though.

would it help if i said i was using avast antivirus?

i think MegaZoneExe has the same problem i'm having I wonder if his reinstall fixed anything

Ana-Chan
Sep 7, 2012, 01:26 PM
This is more of a problem with GG itself. There is nothing you can do on your end.

What you should do is write an email to SEGA explaining the problems you are getting and attach the .erl files in the GameGuard directory. The email will have to be in Japanese so get help if you can't write it yourself.

The address you have to send it to is in http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=321.

Tyruka
Sep 7, 2012, 01:30 PM
I haven't played the game in a few days since my birthday but when I try to start it up and such, I get passed the 'sega' animation part but then my client freezes and so does my laptop lol.

Damn you Gameguard :(

Meena09
Sep 7, 2012, 03:05 PM
So.. do i have to play the waiting game or is this PSOver

Squire Grooktook
Sep 7, 2012, 03:45 PM
Waiting game probably. Too many people getting this for Sega to ignore it.

Tyruka
Sep 7, 2012, 05:27 PM
-sobs-

Gama
Sep 7, 2012, 05:43 PM
ok everyone posting the issue should also post system specs and antivirus "or any other suspicious program" so we can narrow down the cause.

Meena09
Sep 8, 2012, 09:45 AM
RAM: 4GB
Card: Intel HD graphics
Security: Avast anitvirus

Intel HD graphics (yes the one that had that two year old driver problem).
Avast Antivirus would sometimes generate error 434 when attempting to update.

zamoth
Sep 8, 2012, 09:57 AM
RAM: 4GB
Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT v301.42
Security: Avast antivirus

PSO2 doesn't work anymore.

SuKKrl
Sep 8, 2012, 10:54 AM
I'm having the problem now. Started last week.
I get some hickups (which can last 30sec+, ending in a 630 and making my PC unusable during it) and I've got a total PC crash once or twice. actually, I just got a hickup while writing this... (game is open).

Also have Avast and Win 7 x64. Tried deleting GG folder, removing external AA, disabling Avast partially and no luck.

Husq
Sep 8, 2012, 11:05 AM
Any of the avast users tried to disable the real time protection or even the whole software when trying to run PSO2? Last week I had to disable comondo's D+ to get it running, GG just don't like AV software, because it (probably) uses rootkit technology.
I reckon unless some of you using this combination summit the logs to sega/inca, i really doubt it will be resolved. I am not sure how popular avast is in japan, so unless you guys report it, chances are that no one will.

SuKKrl
Sep 8, 2012, 02:56 PM
I've uninstalled Avast and so far had no hiccups or crashes for more than an hour (which was borderline impossible before).

Looks like the problem really was Avast and GG conflicting.