PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play using Mac and Wine? Error code 434.

Sebastian & PSO
Sep 17, 2012, 10:42 AM
I just recently bought my iMac and can't afford windows atm. I thought the best alternative would be to download a program called 'wine' which lets you run windows programs through mac.

I can open up the launcher, it attempts to download the new patch but i always bump into the error 434 code. Does anybody know what this means?

My files of PSO2 are from my old laptop and were not updated at all. Would it be worth re-downloading the game and trying that?

Otherwise I am hoping buying a copy of windows fixes the entire problem. This is seriously so unfortunate for mac users all around the world who miss out on playing. The downloader on my iMac doesn't allow me to download the game so i will have to use my old laptop and transfer it using a USB if anybody here thinks that would actually solve the problem.

Having a 10GB a month d/l really sucks too : (

thank you to anyone for a reply : ) it may just make my day!

Sebastian & PSO
Sep 17, 2012, 10:52 AM
Never Mind. With a bit of research I have learned that Wine cannot run game guard which means the error will keep popping up so my only option is to opt for a version of windows. Here is the link to the thread that explains it a little better.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197224