PDA

View Full Version : unable to install PSO2

iridesence
Sep 23, 2012, 09:09 AM
i was having problems with pso2 so i decided to reinstall the game. i uninstalled PSO2, then purged gameguard completely from my system(system hooks, registry and all) to prepare for a fresh install. I then redownloded the installer from there site but whenever i go to run the installer nothing happens. Windows UAC pops up but after that nothing happens. :-? i checked running processes and the installer isnt even trying to run.

what is going on here & what can i do so that i can start playing this game again.. :(

Ana-Chan
Sep 23, 2012, 01:16 PM
When you say installer from the website, do you mean the 466KB file that it uses to download (called downloader.exe) or is it the actual PSO2 setup application?

If it is the downloader, just use a different system to download the files and then copy them to your system, and save them.

iridesence
Sep 23, 2012, 07:55 PM
When you say installer from the website, do you mean the 466KB file that it uses to download (called downloader.exe) or is it the actual PSO2 setup application?

If it is the downloader, just use a different system to download the files and then copy them to your system, and save them.

the actual installer, not the downloader.

Ana-Chan
Sep 23, 2012, 08:18 PM
Do you have all 9 files? PSO2_SETUP.exe and the 8 bin files that come with it? If you are able to, have you tried running the installer on another system? Failing that, could you try redownloading the installer just to make sure that it isn't corrupt?

iridesence
Sep 23, 2012, 08:29 PM
Do you have all 9 files? PSO2_SETUP.exe and the 8 bin files that come with it? If you are able to, have you tried running the installer on another system? Failing that, could you try redownloading the installer just to make sure that it isn't corrupt?

i have tried redownloading.

and there isnt another computer in this house other then this one. and it isnt a dual boot/etc.