PDA

View Full Version : Bloom Series vs Gold Wing series on a Force

D-Inferno
Sep 23, 2012, 04:39 PM
I'm torn between these two for equipping on my FO. Note that all FOs should be able to equip the Bloom series when Lv50 comes out.

Bloom's advantages:
+45 HP, more S-DEF, +12 Fire and +22 Light (helps against Vol and Quartz) resists.

Gold Wing's advantages:
+3 PP, +20 ABL, higher T-DEF (overall defense boosts are higher).

While the Gold Wings are undoubtedly the best unit for HU/FI/RA/GU, it might not be as good on Force since PP Charge Revival kind of makes the extra PP from Gold Wings less needed. However, they do potentially have the better DPS thanks to the +20 ABL.

They both look awesome, but actually deciding on one is difficult.

EDIT: Ack, wrong forum. Move this to the guides forum please.

Omega-z
Sep 24, 2012, 11:33 PM
Well, I would say Bloom is better. My self when I played force was using a Cut/Bloom Hybird style boost. It gives pretty much the same set Boost as the Bloom except for the resistance's. Now this mixure gives more HP, S-def , little more R-def and T-def then the Bloom by itself, it also gives all 3 blow, magic and react resist to add too with 4 fire, 4 light and 22 dark resistance's and the same amount of 19 PP. The only down side is the lack of 18% light but with all the other boost's of the mixture it should be pretty close to the same for that difference. One nice thing is the 22% to dark to all the Darker's that should be much more helpful.

Shadowth117
Sep 25, 2012, 01:51 AM
Considering I could Naturally equip the bloom set already and not the gold wings I'd say the bloom set. 20 ABL isn't going to exactly make me sprint towards them either when I already have a bloom set and a whole new tier of armor completely is coming with the 50 update making our current equipment trash.

Coatl
Sep 25, 2012, 08:22 AM
Bloom set bonus:
Equipped with three +10, PP +10

Golden Wings
HP +30 with species 3, PP +10, +20 skill

So, the full set of wings give 22 PP by themselves. Each unit giving 4 PP. I disagree with the wings being only good for HU/FI/RA/GU. In fact, I thought it was LEAST useful on hunters/fighters because it provides NO HP bonus, or s-atk bonus and semi useless on gunners/rangers because it provides no r-atk in exchange for more PP.

I feel Forces/techers are the ones that benefit the most from, because of the abundance in PP this set provides. To me the bloom set is like the expensive version of the Fegali Cut set. Works the same way, just costs millions more meseta.

I have both the Fegali cut set and the golden wings for force/techer atm.

Mystil
Sep 25, 2012, 10:20 AM
It gives me one more foie/rafoie to cast...

Crimson Exile
Sep 25, 2012, 08:07 PM
What I have been seeing from hunter/fighters lately are golden wings combo.

Gold wings set bonus is really nice HP +30 with species 3, PP +10, +20 skill.

Then its 4 PP per unit 4x3=12 12+10=22

Add quartz soul and spiritual boost on weapon and armor

22+20(spirit boost on 4 items)+12(quartz so 4 items)= 54 PP

(F**K it Baylife) Lol use a PP ex drink..... 54+20= 74 PP

Grand total of 174 PP

Omega-z
Sep 25, 2012, 08:36 PM
Well Crimson Exile there are 7 other armor's that can or come very close to that PP set up so that boost is moot the +30 hp is a joke since there are so many that past that with just one piece alone. The +20 plus skill is ok but if that was your goal then just get the elemental armor's since they boost better. The stat's are pretty much the same as Quartz gear. The only reason to pay Mil's for it, is for how it looks that's about it.

And you mean 169 PP from 154 since that's how much that would be.

Crimson Exile
Sep 25, 2012, 08:58 PM
Well Crimson Exile there are 7 other armor's that can or come very close to that PP set up so that boost is moot the +30 hp is a joke since there are so many that past that with just one piece alone. The +20 plus skill is ok but if that was your goal then just get the elemental armor's since they boost better. The stat's are pretty much the same as Quartz gear. The only reason to pay Mil's for it, is for how it looks that's about it.

Why would it be 169 PP? Did they nerf the PP EX drink?

I also don't think the HP on armor would matter since just guard and dashing keeps you safe.

But to be honest with you I wouldn't buy either since the 50 cap is around the corner and most of this stuff will be trash.

Coatl
Sep 25, 2012, 09:10 PM

Well another thing is it requires dexterity to wear so if you have enough dexterity (it doesn't require that much) you don't have to spend points in r/s/t-def in order to wear it, and allows you to focus on offensive stats.

In my opinion, if you have enough defense to wear the proper best units, I wouldn't bother with the bloom or Golden Wing set, as they are very niche in utility. Only someone who needs PP a lot is going to want them.

Omega-z
Sep 25, 2012, 09:42 PM
Ah that's true Coatl I forgot about that, Yes dexterity stat make's it better to wear saving you to invest in Def.

Crimson Exile, Your right that it's not good to buy them now with the cap coming around the corner.