PDA

View Full Version : guess who's coming to the smash bros dinner?

hbmizzle10
Sep 24, 2012, 02:12 PM
as we all know the next smash bros will be coming out soon(like next year or the year after) and people are every where guessing, speculating, making wish lists on who's going to be in the next smash bros game. hell people were so geeked for the next game that they threw common sense out the window. most of these speculations were completely outrageous ranging from the uncharted series, kingdom hearts, and even final fantasy(none of which had anything to do with nintendo) so i'm going to make a wish list out of respect for nintendo, it's game, and for common sense's sake. here we go

let's start it off

1. little mac - why little mac? think about it, he was an assist trophy in brawl. ever payed attention to his punching attacks? i did. just seeing him in action made me wonder if he might get a shot at the next game. his attacks flowed well and almost made me forget that he wasn't apart of the smash roster. if that isn't enough his popularity on brawl and success from his wii game is enough to warrant a spot in the next game.

2. ridley - yes i know. everyone wants ridley in the next game and for good reason too. he maybe to big but that's not a problem for nintendo. they can easily work around that. plus smash is lacking in villain character's.

3. roy - hey roy's our boy. he needs to make a serious comeback. all he needs is a complete move re-overhaul and he'll fit right in

4. lynn - another assist trophy. if roy doesn't come back she is the next best thing. i like her. she is one of the main character's in the gameboy advance version of fire emblem and have one the sweetest attack animations i've ever seen in her game(my opinion) she could fit right in the smash roster

5. pheonix wright- hell if capcom is helping to make the next smash, he is one of the first characters from capcom i want to see as a playable character. why you ask? think about it. imagine pheonix fighting characters like mario or suing the electrical coat off of pikachu. hilarity will ensue. add that to the calamaty that smash bros brings and you will have a fan favorite just for kicks. bring his attack moves from mvc and you will be set.

6. meoth- yep i said it, meoth godamnit. it's highly unlikely, but he is(or was) one of the most poular pokemon of all time. if jigglypuff and pikachu made it in. he can too. he deserves it

7. megaman- one of the most requested character's of all time. i prefer him simply because he would be a counter to kirby and samas users. plus he's cool and did i mention how popular he is?

Retehi
Sep 24, 2012, 02:17 PM
I will be the next Smash Bros character.

Akaimizu
Sep 24, 2012, 02:19 PM
No Natty Dreadlocks?!

Awww man!!!

yoshiblue
Sep 24, 2012, 05:53 PM
How is Final fantasy out the window? It did start on the NES and had games for Nintendo until FF VI. Then they wondered off.

Anywho, I wouldn't mind seeing Dissidia's Warrior of Light come in but I doubt that's going to happen.

Edit: forgot about 2nd party vs 3rd party. heh

Hitmonlee- Have a kicking counterpart to little mac.

Rathalos U- If Capcom is help, they could always throw in their iconic monster hunter.

Rathian U- For the girls, maybe have a lance or something

Mike
Sep 24, 2012, 07:51 PM
I will be the next Smash Bros character.
I think Strangelove from your sig would make a far better character.

NoiseHERO
Sep 24, 2012, 08:03 PM
Ehn.................................

EHHHHNNNNNNNNN...................

People still get overly hyped for this kind of stuff in this generation...?

Semi on-topic: Why did they think Playstation all-stars was gonna be a good idea? all those "sony" console focused characters don't even have .001% of the mascot value all of Nintendo's character's have to be properly relevant in a giant cross over game that's a complete brawl rip-off...

yoshiblue
Sep 24, 2012, 09:19 PM
If something is successful, of course someone else wants in on the action. Sony using Sony characters or Sega can make the Dreamcast 2 and make it Sega Bash! or something with Sega characters.

NoiseHERO
Sep 24, 2012, 10:55 PM
If something is successful, of course someone else wants in on the action. Sony using Sony characters or Sega can make the Dreamcast 2 and make it Sega Bash! or something with Sega characters.

imo,

sega characters would make more sense...(sega all stars series)

Sony's roster just looks like a desperate mess...(fat princess??)

Firocket1690
Sep 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
I still want ♥♪!? to be in the game. :3

Orange_Coconut
Sep 25, 2012, 01:06 AM
Geno, eh? I think everyone was hoping for that character to be in Brawl. I hope it's added in the newest one as well... though I'm not sure I'll be playing it anyway since I don't plan on getting the Wii-U. It'll be nice to see what the final roster ends up being.

hbmizzle10
Sep 25, 2012, 12:40 PM
How is Final fantasy out the window? It did start on the NES and had games for Nintendo until FF VI. Then they wondered off.

Anywho, I wouldn't mind seeing Dissidia's Warrior of Light come in but I doubt that's going to happen.

Edit: forgot about 2nd party vs 3rd party. heh

Hitmonlee- Have a kicking counterpart to little mac.

Rathalos U- If Capcom is help, they could always throw in their iconic monster hunter.

Rathian U- For the girls, maybe have a lance or something

they may have started on the nintendo console but they are not owned by nintendo. square and nintendo are two different companies. plus Masahiro Sakurai he didnt want to include anymore 3rd party characters in the game because while the addition of third-party characters appealed to fans and broadened the Smash Bros. audience, he recognized the need to narrow down their inclusion since introducing non-Nintendo characters "willy-nilly" would lose focus of the game. also in case you havent noticed adding any other characters not owned from nintendo will cause the development team lots of money just to inlcude them in the next game plus like i said earlier(if i said it earlier) it wouldnt be a smash bros game if they just add any character

.Rusty.
Sep 25, 2012, 01:03 PM
Well namco is on the development team so that a pretty big pool of characters to draw from.

It's definitely gonna have some Kid Icarus Uprising characters in it as well.

hbmizzle10
Sep 25, 2012, 01:44 PM
Well namco is on the development team so that a pretty big pool of characters to draw from.

It's definitely gonna have some Kid Icarus Uprising characters in it as well.

probably or probably not. i dont think they are going to be any more new characters. and if so not alot

Akaimizu
Sep 25, 2012, 02:02 PM
imo,

sega characters would make more sense...(sega all stars series)

Sony's roster just looks like a desperate mess...(fat princess??)

Hey Hey Hey...Fat Princess is the best character for that roster... Hey Hey Hey.

Outrider
Sep 25, 2012, 04:30 PM
they may have started on the nintendo console but they are not owned by nintendo. square and nintendo are two different companies. plus Masahiro Sakurai he didnt want to include anymore 3rd party characters in the game because while the addition of third-party characters appealed to fans and broadened the Smash Bros. audience, he recognized the need to narrow down their inclusion since introducing non-Nintendo characters "willy-nilly" would lose focus of the game. also in case you havent noticed adding any other characters not owned from nintendo will cause the development team lots of money just to inlcude them in the next game plus like i said earlier(if i said it earlier) it wouldnt be a smash bros game if they just add any character

I don't want many more third-party characters. I just want Mega Man. He would fit right in and it's not like Capcom is using him for anything.

hbmizzle10
Sep 26, 2012, 01:16 PM
I don't want many more third-party characters. I just want Mega Man. He would fit right in and it's not like Capcom is using him for anything.

u make a point. i think mega man would make an excellent addition to the roster, well at least the original one.

Kent
Sep 26, 2012, 01:36 PM
Sonic and Snake deserve to stay in, but Mega Man needs to be in there in the first place. However, considering that Capcom doesn't care about Mega Man or Mega Man fans any more, it's getting to be more and more doubtful that he'd make an appearance.

Though personally, I'd prefer to see MegaMan.EXE over any other version.

Firocket1690
Sep 27, 2012, 12:54 AM
'cause of the ... what, I figure >600 chips accumulated over the course of six games? (not counting navi summons, V2, V3, SP, EX etc)

If you want .exe, then I figure you'll have to attack like Network Transmission Megaman. Which ... was an underrated game. :/

yoshiblue
Sep 27, 2012, 04:28 AM
Would be interesting to see them add all the Megamans via final smash in a Megaman ZX mega merge fashion.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 27, 2012, 04:52 AM
Sonic and Snake deserve to stay in, but Mega Man needs to be in there in the first place. However, considering that Capcom doesn't care about Mega Man or Mega Man fans any more, it's getting to be more and more doubtful that he'd make an appearance.

Sonic and Snake aren't nintendo either as far I know so I never got the point why they appeared in Brawl.

What could work is just have all the Nintendo Characters in the game and maybe you can buy the 3rd party chars for a small fee. Up to Nintendo to balance them enough that they won't be broken/overpowerd so people who pay will always win (asasuming there will be online play)

yoshiblue
Sep 27, 2012, 08:45 AM
Sonic and Snake aren't nintendo either as far I know so I never got the point why they appeared in Brawl.

What could work is just have all the Nintendo Characters in the game and maybe you can buy the 3rd party chars for a small fee. Up to Nintendo to balance them enough that they won't be broken/overpowerd so people who pay will always win (asasuming there will be online play)

It was said that the maker of the metal gear games wanted snake to be in it. So that happened. As for sonic, he was a popular choice and I guess Sega went in with it.

NoiseHERO
Sep 27, 2012, 12:28 PM
If you want .exe, then I figure you'll have to attack like Network Transmission Megaman. Which ... was an underrated game. :/

It was...

I was actually surprised when I rented it. It looked horrible and uninteresting in the commercial but I gave it a chance cause battle network was my favorite series. @_@

I say "was" because megaman is dead in general, and I wouldn't count on a new game for a WHILE. Not a REAL one anyway...

They should've put him in by melee though. I know they just didn't have time to add sonic and snake by melee at least. (according to DYK gaming at least)

hbmizzle10
Sep 29, 2012, 03:26 PM
It was said that the maker of the metal gear games wanted snake to be in it. So that happened. As for sonic, he was a popular choice and I guess Sega went in with it.

the metal gear maker was a real good friend with the smash bros maker(who is also the maker of the kirby series) he asked for snake to be in melee but it was too late in the development process, as for sonic he was the most requested character of all time since that april fools joke(of sonic and tails joining melee) in a video game magazine.....who's name i will not mention.