PDA

View Full Version : Jellen/Zalure = USEFUL

Robantifast
Mar 28, 2003, 07:08 PM
Hey everyone, I just became a believer in Jellen and Zalure...lol. I got my lvl 60 RAmarl to Ultimate Mode, and was steadily having my HP halved by the Bartles. Ya, it sucked. Then the idea hit me...JELLEN AND ZALURE! Using it, I can clean up like it was V-Hard Caves again with my Red Mechguns. Anyone that doesn't believe these spells are useful: take it from me, they are.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Mar 28, 2003, 07:12 PM
ya i didnt use them until ultimate mode but now they are my best friends.

Sick-One
Mar 28, 2003, 07:33 PM
Way back when I used my HUmar, I lived by Jellen/Zalure. It's kind of fun going from 100+ damage to like 15 (many thanks to jellen!) and that extra 50 damage per mechgun hit definately makes zalure worthwhile.

Asami
Mar 28, 2003, 09:33 PM
I remember back when PSO ver2 came out for the Dreamcast, and all the weapons I had were useless in ultimate mode. That's when Jellen and Zalure became the most used techniques online. The monsters had Jellen and Zalure cast on them at all times, otherwise no one was able to do any damage. It's a shame HUmars users with BKB just hack away and never cast anything, least of all Jellen and Zalure...

Joe-Azlin
Mar 28, 2003, 09:42 PM
2 bad im a robot........but thats wat i made a force and 2 other hunters for hehe

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 28, 2003, 11:19 PM
funny thing is Z/J and high levels just makes it unfair for monsters. i feel sorry for them.
i S/D and then J/Z and the poor bots in Mines hit me and i loose not even a centimeter from ym hp bar i'm only lvl 121.

off topic question: do andriods feel bad when the destroy their robotic brotheren?

brillyfresh
Mar 29, 2003, 01:23 AM
On 2003-03-28 20:19, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
funny thing is Z/J and high levels just makes it unfair for monsters. i feel sorry for them.
i S/D and then J/Z and the poor bots in Mines hit me and i loose not even a centimeter from ym hp bar i'm only lvl 121.

don't feel sorry for them .... they'll always be back for more .... very masochistic of them

and i was so glad when i saw the title of this thread!!

Zeebo
Mar 29, 2003, 01:26 AM
Eh i dont like using those with mah force i just keep mah distance...

Richard
Mar 29, 2003, 04:03 AM
These are without a doubt two of the most useful spells in the game.

With Jellen 25 and Zalure 24, my FOmarl was able to clear V.Hard Ruins before level 50. Why? Combined with Deband 30 the enemy barely damaged me, and with Shifta 20 I was doing near Hunter damage.

These spells are what makes Forces so deadly. At higher levels, they crippled the enemy so severely it's not even funny.

Jellen/Zalure >>>>> RA-techniques

Mystil
Mar 29, 2003, 08:10 AM
These are stronger than my Shifta Deband.(13/14) J/Z(14/14). I use them in every game I play in, normal/hard/vhard, whichever. It helps the team and gives me ALL the exp at the same time. ^_^

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 29, 2003, 08:51 AM
On 2003-03-29 01:03, Richard wrote:
These are without a doubt two of the most useful spells in the game.

With Jellen 25 and Zalure 24, my FOmarl was able to clear V.Hard Ruins before level 50. Why? Combined with Deband 30 the enemy barely damaged me, and with Shifta 20 I was doing near Hunter damage.

These spells are what makes Forces so deadly. At higher levels, they crippled the enemy so severely it's not even funny.

Jellen/Zalure >>>>> RA-techniques

those poor monster you can sit there and watch then peck at you, you'd think you were in f1 in normal mode getting pop over and over again by the all dreaded BOOMA (MUHA!)
i mean w Z/J up'd monster aren't any threat alone.
they're more anoying than anything.
werid is S/D and J/Z the perdect way for us players to
"Own PSO" i plan on beating ULT mines today the only thing that scares me is the boss

BIZKIT
Mar 29, 2003, 10:06 AM
Used to believe in Jellen and Zalure on the dreamcast but now my RaMar has to confuse or paralyze enemies to get the upper hand

CorneliusPower
Mar 29, 2003, 10:40 AM
To everyone who hasnt made a HABIT of using Jellen/Zalure, those who can of course, start doing it. It not only helps the team and yourself but it is a fantastic way of getting Experience. When i see HUmars bustin' out thier lvl 15 J/Z I smile.RAmars too, but most of the time theyre simply too far away. Correct me if I'm wrong I dont use a RA with J/Z. RAcaseal.

MetalGriever
Mar 29, 2003, 11:04 AM
Usually I only use it when there my teammates are like lv80 or around that range. That or we're in a real pickle. Though sometimes I wonder if said pickle could've been prevented had I used it beforehand.

CrashCat
Mar 29, 2003, 01:46 PM
Even if you're not in a pickle, Zalure can at least make things go by a little faster, you might get 'em down in fewer hits. I played a FOMarl and just did shifta, deband, zalure and resta, and nobody seemed upset about it at all, plus I got exp and I was always busy. I'm not sure if the marl is best for that, but it seems like a fun way to play if you're tired of being the offense for a while, and you can still unleash the occasional nuke if things get ugly.

In fact I'd say using cheap zalures was the only way I was able to finance that fomarl's fluid habit, since I could zalure once and everyone was OK with me getting exp for that, where if I wanted to kill things I'd have to hit an offense tech a few times. Or at least that's how I felt.

Morfos
Mar 30, 2003, 01:55 AM
Jellan rules, it makes such a huge difference.

Nishpa
Apr 1, 2003, 11:11 AM
Some people have said that really high lvls of jellen and zalure not only lower atp and def, but ata and evd of the enemies as well. Is this true?

Elusive_Llama
Apr 1, 2003, 11:56 AM
It's a shame HUmars users with BKB just hack away and never cast anything, least of all Jellen and Zalure...

Lol, again with the BKB Humars! They're everywhere. You're wrong...they do cast something. A weak level 15 Rafoie, to ensure exp, then it's back to trying their best to imitate a HUcast.

So I tried explaining to a HUmar that J/Z is what he should be casting instead of that rafoie.

"I cast rafoie to get exp"

Errgh! So I patiently explain that J/Z hits multiple targets and still gets him exp, even if it does no damage. To his credit, he switched out his rafoie for a level 15 Zalure while I did level 20 Jellen with my Hunny.

One down! A million more to go!

Sincere
Apr 2, 2003, 12:54 AM
On 2003-04-01 08:11, Nishpa wrote:
Some people have said that really high lvls of jellen and zalure not only lower atp and def, but ata and evd of the enemies as well. Is this true?

You're right about the ATA...

Sanity_XIV
Apr 2, 2003, 01:26 AM
My only character in ultimate doesn't have J/Z, as he is a RAmar, so I have yet to need them, since my other high lv. char is a HUcast, followed by a FOnewearl who I don't use them with.

Shifta lv. 11 is really useful in ult, even without j/z, because it ups mechgun ATP frmo high 700s to the 900s.. 150 dmg per hit, Yay!

BrokenHope
Apr 2, 2003, 07:12 AM
On 2003-03-29 22:55, Morfos wrote:
Jellan rules, it makes such a huge difference.

That difference being death, alot, when you cast it on the ult gryphon.

LegendaryMage
Apr 2, 2003, 07:13 AM
I'm Jellen like a felon! Jellen is such a great tech, even offline.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 2, 2003, 08:07 AM
Zalure only affects DFP and Jellen only affects ATP - Go into battle mode and test it out yourself.

Overall, Jellen is more effective than Zalure, since Jellen's effect on ATP is great as shifta's effect on ATP; vice versa for the relatively moderate effect of Deband and Zalure on DFP - The exception being enemies like Morfos (online) who's DFP is insanely high to begin with.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 2, 2003, 08:52 AM
What happens when you cast Jellen on the Ult. Gryphon anyway? How does that lead to more deaths?

Sincere
Apr 2, 2003, 11:55 AM
On 2003-04-02 05:07, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Zalure only affects DFP and Jellen only affects ATP - Go into battle mode and test it out yourself.

Excluding Battle mode, Jelllen lowers ATA, not drastically, but somewhat. My L94 RAmarl goes from getting smacked around and seldom blocking to blocking about half the Forest attacks when Jellen is cast (offline)... and since it works that way for me all the time, I can't really chalk it up to coincidence. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TeamPhalanx
Apr 2, 2003, 12:43 PM
False...

You may want to read your own comments about RAmarl and the comment that I commented on.

Tulathis
Apr 2, 2003, 01:05 PM
What happens when you cast Jellen on the Ult. Gryphon anyway? How does that lead to more deaths?
I think he means that Jellen vs. Gal Gryphon causes fewer deaths, although I'm not certain how. Jellen is useful against Dal Ral Lie and Barba Ray, but not really against any of the other boss enemies.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 2, 2003, 01:23 PM
Actually... He did mean exactly what he said.

:Insert n00b comment here:

Tulathis
Apr 2, 2003, 01:28 PM
Actually... He did mean exactly what he said.

:Insert n00b comment here:

How so?

TeamPhalanx
Apr 2, 2003, 01:53 PM
Passing up a golden opportunity to go on with the newbie comment...

Why? For the same reason that high levels fear Baranz. A single Baranz can easily take out a level 200 character, because it can combo you very fast, and it won't knock you down with its attacks.

In the same manner Gal Gryphon can combo you. If you Jellen it, it'll become weaker. This means that it will not knock you down when it goes running around. Instead, you will be standing up after it hits you... This results in Gal Gryphon hitting you multiple times in under a second - The same way a Baranz can. And you'll be seeing the old red screen.

This is also true for high levels in general. Once you get high DFP/HP you worry about enemies hitting you multiple times.

Tulathis
Apr 2, 2003, 01:58 PM
Fine, no need to be such an ass though.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 2, 2003, 02:00 PM
It's really common knowledge. Everyone I play with knows when and when not to use Jellen/Deband.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 2, 2003, 02:47 PM
I have never fought Gal Gryphon.

I knew about the Garanz missile thing because my Hunny dies from it. I have lately taken to running around the Garanz in order to let the missiles do the work for me, but it's tough when somebody busts off a friggin' PB right as the Garanz shoots its missiles.

Sincere
Apr 2, 2003, 06:54 PM
On 2003-04-02 09:43, TeamPhalanx wrote:
False...

Hmmm... I said Jellen reduces enemy ATA slightly on my RAmarl, which is true. I wasn't talking about Battle Mode at all. Care to explain how I'm wrong?

TeamPhalanx
Apr 3, 2003, 11:44 AM
Someone else answer this n00b's question...

Tulathis
Apr 3, 2003, 01:36 PM
Hmmm... I said Jellen reduces enemy ATA slightly on my RAmarl, which is true. I wasn't talking about Battle Mode at all. Care to explain how I'm wrong?

Though it may appear that the enemies' ATA is being reduced it is in fact their ATP. When an enemy doesn't do enough damage (because of Jellen/Deband) to hurt your character, it will often show the blocking animation that is normally reserved for misses.

Someone else answer this n00b's question...
Is anyone who asks a question automatically a n00b in your view?