PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2.exe won't do a thing

Sotsu
Sep 30, 2012, 11:21 AM
Okay, I downloaded the game, loaded the permission fix launcher
(Version 01.02.07) and exe (ver.1.0005.2), got the newest english patch and now
I'm totally stucked!
Because if I'm going to use the launcher to start the game, the game starts but I
haven't seen any translation to the point where you're going to create your own character.
So I thought the english patch was probably overwritten due to the launcher.
Next thing I wanted to try then was to start the exe, but after the gameguard started nothing happened anymore (no video, no login -> game didn't start).

Is there some kind of permission fix version I've overseen or have I missed some step or where is my mistake?!
I want to play so badly, uagfiuysgbfhiysbf!!!! ARGH!

Shirokami
Sep 30, 2012, 12:01 PM
Okay, I downloaded the game, loaded the permission fix launcher
(Version 01.02.07) and exe (ver.1.0005.2), got the newest english patch and now
I'm totally stucked!
Because if I'm going to use the launcher to start the game, the game starts but I
haven't seen any translation to the point where you're going to create your own character.
So I thought the english patch was probably overwritten due to the launcher.
Next thing I wanted to try then was to start the exe, but after the gameguard started nothing happened anymore (no video, no login -> game didn't start).

Is there some kind of permission fix version I've overseen or have I missed some step or where is my mistake?!
I want to play so badly, uagfiuysgbfhiysbf!!!! ARGH!

Wait... what's the real problem? You do see things in english don't you? If you want a more extensive english patch, download both and apply both.
That way you'll also see translated buttons.

Sotsu
Sep 30, 2012, 12:58 PM
Okay, to summarize the problem:
The pso2launcher works perfectly, but the pso2.exe won't start the game (I'm pretty sure that I've downloaded the newest one).
Wait, what? Download both english patches? And how do I apply them? Right now, nothing is translated, even after copying the files for the english translation into C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32
Maybe I've messed something up?! Or probably I've picked the wrong translation patch?

Chik'Tikka
Sep 30, 2012, 01:08 PM
click the file check button and restore files to Japanese, then launch the game using the launcher, for some reason the PSO2.exe doesn't work (might have something to do with launcher version check) after you get the game to launch, close it out then apply the *latest* 2 English patches (Sep. 18, 2012), older ones may not work as SEGAC changes things from time to time+^_^+

it used to be that "G:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\pso2.exe" -pso2.exe in command line would launch pso2, but now it doesn't for me, i have to use the launcher+^_^+

Shirokami
Sep 30, 2012, 01:53 PM
Also, you have to run the game from the launcher, never from pso2.exe because it won't run.

Sotsu
Sep 30, 2012, 04:06 PM
Ahhhhhhhh, okay! Everything works now :)
Although the pso2.exe is still not working, but that doesn't matter, as long as I can play this game, I'm more than happy :D

I've only installed the important translation patch, the second one won't work for me (don't know why), but thankfully the second one it's optional ;D

Shirokami
Sep 30, 2012, 04:11 PM
Ahhhhhhhh, okay! Everything works now :)
Although the pso2.exe is still not working, but that doesn't matter, as long as I can play this game, I'm more than happy :D

I've only installed the important translation patch, the second one won't work for me (don't know why), but thankfully the second one it's optional ;D

... pso2.exe IS NEVER SUPPOSED TO RUN THE GAME ONLY THE LAUNCHER RUNS THE GAME!
Ship 02 btw.

Sotsu
Sep 30, 2012, 05:05 PM
I'm already on ship 02 ;) exploring the game and it's features right now :)

ah and I've nearly forgot to Thank You!!!, both of you :D

Shirokami
Sep 30, 2012, 05:11 PM

My username is Shirokami and my character is Yoshika Miyako
I play on B-20 if you need tips just let me know.

Sotsu
Sep 30, 2012, 10:49 PM
My username is Shirokami and my character is Yoshika Miyako
I play on B-20 if you need tips just let me know.

I'm "already" lvl 9, but yeah, I'll contact you ;)

Chik'Tikka
Oct 1, 2012, 03:57 AM

sure thing+^_^+
you'll find Mary hanging in blk 20 as well if you ever have questions+^_^+

Sotsu
Oct 2, 2012, 10:41 PM
... GREAT!
Another update or what happened here?
Can't start the game anymore... am I the only one with this problem?!?!

blace
Oct 3, 2012, 12:19 AM
Weekly maintenance at around 10pm-4am EST. If the ships show the grayed out offline text, it's a good chance it's maintenance.

Unless you're talking about the auto update that happens when you start the game, just wait for it to repatch the files that were replaced with the english patch and the extra 80MB of data for the update.

Sotsu
Oct 3, 2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the information, I've already seen the answer to this in another thread on this forum.
At first, I saw the grey text which said "status: unknown" and after a restart, the launcher patched my game and now I can't even start the game anymore. This happened about 2 hours ago. Nevermind... I'm probably just overrating my situation :)

I'll follow the "pso2 update or something"-thread for more informations. Thanks anyway!