PDA

View Full Version : snow queen or frozen shooter

Smak
Mar 28, 2003, 08:58 PM
the snow queen should be better, but i like the rifle frozen shooter. Is the snow queen that much better?

Asami
Mar 28, 2003, 09:19 PM
Even though the Snow Queen lacks combo attack, its photon-launcher-like attack is extremely effective. Snow Queen is also great on bosses. If you shoot the dragon bosses while it's in flight, you can do multiple damage. And during the worm bosses you can also shoot from anywhere on the raft and cause multiple damage, this is a great way to get rares if you know where it's going to drop, just stand on the spot and shoot away. You can always do multiple damage to one mil lily, which is always cool. I like the SQ over the FS.

EvilNixon666
Mar 28, 2003, 10:52 PM
I would have to agree. I turned my frozen shooter into a snow queen and never looked back. Yes, it's annoying that you no longer have the combos, but you will freeze everything almost every time, and often from great distances.

Just learn how to line your enemies up and you will be set.

Smak
Mar 29, 2003, 12:37 AM
i did it. The lack of combos is difficult to get used to. I'll keep trying .

Zeebo
Mar 29, 2003, 12:40 AM
I prefer frozen shooter

Smak
Mar 29, 2003, 12:52 AM
Im confused

Zeebo
Mar 29, 2003, 12:54 AM
Why so>?

TeamPhalanx
Mar 29, 2003, 05:13 PM
I prefer the FROZEN SHOOTER.

Reality is that there aren't many situations where the photon launcher attack of the SQ will be useful.

In terms of accuracy, overall the FS is better, simply because the 2nd and 3rd attack of a combo is more accurate than the 1st.

Timing between the two isn't all that signficant. You can attack twice with the SQ while a person with a FS does one three hit combo.

Far as weapons go, neither are all that effective. But, between the two, I'd go with the one that can combo. I mean, if you want a photon launcher weapon, use a RED SCORPIO or GUILTY LIGHT.

If the SQ was a shot weapon, there's no question that it'll be better than the FS. However, since that's not the case, I favor the FS.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 29, 2003, 05:41 PM
Snow Queen is amazingly effective on large groups of enemies. It is also extremely deadly against bosses with multiple hit locations (Barba Ray, Da Ral Lie, etc). The Frozen Shooter is more accurate, of course, and is best used against monsters with high EVP like Sinows and Delsabers. However, the Snow Queen is what I find myself using a lot.

Let me put it this way, I wouldn't be using that gun if it wasn't more useful than my Frozen Shooter.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but raise your hands if you have the Snow Queen and Frozen Shooter on your high level Ranger, in online Ultimate.

*raises hand*

Anybody else?

Getintothegame
Mar 29, 2003, 06:30 PM
Snow Queen is better!

Khaotika
Mar 29, 2003, 07:41 PM
On 2003-03-29 14:41, Elusive_Llama wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but raise your hands if you have the Snow Queen and Frozen Shooter on your high level Ranger, in online Ultimate.

*raises hand*

Anybody else?

*raises hand*

Yup.

I prefer Frozen Shooter, but that's prolly coz I have a legit Spread Needle to "freeze" the large groups of enemies. I also usually have a competent FOnewm/FOmar/FOnewearl with me, so I usually only take out the Queen on rooms with multiple Death Bringers, Sorcerors, or Belras.

-Khao