PDA

View Full Version : GC Offline play, Ep1&2+ lets chat PSO-GC

Meyfei
Oct 5, 2012, 10:09 PM
So i have no idea what i wanna say except that im playing a Yellowboze RAmarl and i feel it's gonna be a rough go.

Hopefully we can get a good thing goin here.

Planning some hunts, and here's the catch no 2nd gamecube controller so im stuck with what drops i can get without transfers ;o anyone else ever been in that situation?

I can see them Redria's laughing their cans off with all their God unit drops.

Crazyleo
Oct 5, 2012, 10:32 PM
I've been in that situation plenty of times when I had a copy of PSO GC. :lol:

Still, it's a fun game.

TrueChaos
Oct 6, 2012, 09:07 AM
Luckily I always had a second controller so was able to trade between my characters but had a friend who had the game and he only had 1 controller. Every time I went round there he'd ask me to bring a controller so he could sort his stuff out

Dragwind
Oct 8, 2012, 11:27 PM
Ouch. Running a yellowboze isn't so fun to me on GC. I'd suggest getting another controller if possible (you can probably find one dirt cheap somewhere).

DeathDragon2332
Oct 9, 2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah they are dirt cheap 9 bucks at gamestop

Mystil
Oct 11, 2012, 06:42 AM
Atleast you'll never be broke. Yellowbooze is perhaps the only ID where the thing it affects is actually affected ~_~.

Meyfei
Oct 11, 2012, 09:18 PM
:o what does it effect?

I believe i lucked out somewhat, where i fail for units i can settle for some hero/units, but i can get a frozen shooter, and a Heaven punisher... Unlikely as it is.

If i can squeeze out the time for a trip i'll try getting one in, dont really have it in me to grind 3 other ID's to ultimate ep1+2 end-game maps >.< ontop of my original.

On a side note, i've Been having trouble picking out a good shield/armor to hunt for through yellowboze any suggestions? I know for sure i'll be hitting up the delsaber set, compared it in BB to a max grinded kusanagi and it was stronger by alot.

Link1275
Oct 13, 2012, 05:07 PM
:o what does it effect?

I believe i lucked out somewhat, where i fail for units i can settle for some hero/units, but i can get a frozen shooter, and a Heaven punisher... Unlikely as it is.

If i can squeeze out the time for a trip i'll try getting one in, dont really have it in me to grind 3 other ID's to ultimate ep1+2 end-game maps >.< ontop of my original.

On a side note, i've Been having trouble picking out a good shield/armor to hunt for through yellowboze any suggestions? I know for sure i'll be hitting up the delsaber set, compared it in BB to a max grinded kusanagi and it was stronger by alot.
Yellowboze has an increased meseta drop rate.

Meyfei
Oct 14, 2012, 08:00 PM
lol ouch, though i suppose its good, been feeding 3 mags since level 12 now im level 31ish. Still ~_~ never got a wals or a varista definitively need to upgrade from my sniper, keep getting Lockguns with 25-35hit.

MUDGRIP
Oct 15, 2012, 02:12 PM
One of the best solo characters in the game imo. With your support techs at 20 across the board and the boost to demon specials... you should do just fine. Try to hunt yourself some demon arms with a little hit percent to cut enemy HP down.

AlexCraig
Oct 17, 2012, 10:55 PM
My offline HUmar is a Purplenum. Would've been better as a Ranger, but still, not too bad. Only thing that sucks is all my local friends who I used to play PSOGC with no longer play it. Hoping to eventually rekindle some interest.

Meyfei
Oct 18, 2012, 06:43 PM
lol have you tried showing them the oncoming NA release of PSO2? xD that might get em in the spirit again

toly369
Oct 19, 2012, 11:22 PM
My offline HUmar is a Purplenum. Would've been better as a Ranger, but still, not too bad. Only thing that sucks is all my local friends who I used to play PSOGC with no longer play it. Hoping to eventually rekindle some interest.

Play it in front of them. And if they start watching/having some nostalgia, ask them if they want to join you for a multiplayer run for old time's sake. Multiplayer with friends is incredibly fun in this game and I have recently gotten most of my friends back into it.

The last couple of weeks have been very exciting in the world of PSO for my friends and myself. I finally got an Asuka on my Skyly Humar and it had 45% Machine! (1/900 from Canunes is brutal. I swear, there's not even more of them in multiplayer). That same day, I got a Lavis Cannon on my Skyly Humar with 50% Dark untekked!!! I jumped up with a roar of excitement and celebration dance when I realized what it was. My friend resumed piping for Mil Lillies on his Purplenum and finally got a Psycho Wand on his 63rd total kill. The very next day, I piped for Hildetorrs on my friend's Oran. I got one after 5 minutes of piping and it dropped a Syncesta!!! And to top it all off, I finally unsealed my J-Sword into the glorious Tsumikiri-J!!!!!

OP, I don't know very much about Yellowboze drops personally, but I do know that they can get all of the body parts. And from a collector's point of view, that is very, very cool.

I just did a quick look at the Yellowboze drops for possible end game armor and it looks like you're going to have to get lucky with either a Luminous Field, Guard Wave, or Brightness Circle. You could do repeat runs of Forest of Sorrow in your search for Luminous Field and Hildetorrs for a Frozen Shooter.

ZanMato
Jan 31, 2013, 02:21 PM
I was levelling in the quest Addicting Food today and a Nar Lilly dropped a God/Mind unit on Very Hard mode :D

Am almost level 84 now on my FOmar, tonight I'm going to give Dark Falz a rematch and unlock Ultimate mode. Last time I tried to beat Falz at level 76 getting one hit killed in its final form.

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 02:42 PM
I am actually getting bored having to run Forest/Caves/Mines over and over on my HUnewearl... so I am gonna take some advice a friend gave me and farm Flowen gear so I can kill faster, also got to level up ANOTHER yellowboze. So yeah im gonna be busy for awhile lol ^^;