PDA

View Full Version : RaGunner or GuRanger? (Or any Ranger/ ???)

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 6, 2012, 08:22 PM
lol GuRanger

Well i came back to game and currently my ranger is 25

Gunner,Techer,Fighter wasn't out yet when i stopped.

So now im hearing about sub classing.

I was going to do gunner (hello twin hand guns :) ) but then after i was reading that ranger is overall still better in terms of usefulness... If that's wrong please let me know...

Now for the subclass.

If range(whether ranger or gunner main) is my main job what would be an ok/better subclass combination.

gigawuts
Oct 6, 2012, 08:28 PM
For gura/ragu Do you want good mechguns or good launchers?

Both get rifles, and both get the rifle abilities, but the difference is one has to depend on all-class mechguns or all-class launchers. A gura gets weak bullet on their rifle.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 6, 2012, 08:36 PM
For gura/ragu Do you want good mechguns or good launchers?

Both get rifles, and both get the rifle abilities, but the difference is one has to depend on all-class mechguns or all-class launchers. A gura gets weak bullet on their rifle.

Well I can only speak for launchers but how are mechguns and how do they fair interms of overall control?

Edit:
Lil bit of a side topic but friend mentioned RaForce seem like it would be good but thinking bout it outlod you'd need alot of PP to utilize both your guns and the spells o.0

Artificial Sky
Oct 6, 2012, 08:47 PM
Dark,

Mechguns are a divisive element in this community, as you've probably seen in discussions. My best advice to you would be to taste and see.

There are ways to control mobs with Mechguns, but Launchers are far more efficient. In exchange, you get a class with a very distinct aesthetic. No class is as flashy as the Gunner.

Crowd control options come down to Reverse Tap and Satellite Aim. Aerial Shooting is the main distance closer.
Reverse Tap is a bit PP costly, but has the short 360 degree range and Satellite Aim is PP-cheap, but very powerful.

Look for these PAs when you test Gunner. Good luck!

Pillan
Oct 6, 2012, 09:11 PM
Stat-wise, the only difference between Gunner/Ranger and Ranger/Gunner is that Gunner/Ranger will have slightly more HP (read as like 5-10 more). But, as others have said, the main difference is whether you want machineguns or launchers. So in the end it is just short/mid range versus mid/long range, really, until you acquire a multiclass version of the other weapon.

valmont
Oct 7, 2012, 12:57 AM
yep..
just trying to help here..
i think both weapon, machinegun and launcher have their own charm..
machinegun : more flashy and survivability..
launcher : more crowd control and raw power.. XD

Coatl
Oct 7, 2012, 04:12 AM
You know, you'll have to do both RA/GU and GU/RA if subbing classes doesn't give partial exp to the sub.

yunamon
Oct 8, 2012, 01:05 AM
I am thinking of going for GURA. Love my TMG to bits and I rely on my AR too much than using a Launcher at all...

Pillan
Oct 8, 2012, 09:38 AM
Some other combinations to think about:

[Anything]/Fighter - This gives you access to Brave and Wise Stance and their respective Advances. This is effectively a 1.4x damage increase.

Ranger/Techer - This is ideal for weak bullet spam because of Techers PP Restorate and PP Convert. Since all you can do is spam rifle specials if you want to abuse all four bullets to the maximum time length, having both of those skills at 10 means +12 PP per second for the first 30 seconds of weak bullet use. Whatever extra points you have could be thrown into upping Shifta for the extra 18-20% damage.

Skyly HUmar
Oct 8, 2012, 12:32 PM
Id go GU/RA just cuz I find mechs funner than launchers, but thats just me.

ARChan
Oct 8, 2012, 09:23 PM
If you didn't get the jellen shots, I think that GU/RA would be better. Rifles are usable on both, making Weak Bullets ready to access. However, my biggest issue is if Weak Bullet and Chain Trigger can be activated at the same time or if you have to activate one then the other.

If you have jellen shots, it'd be cool to have RA/GU. You get access to three skills: Chain Trigger, Weak Bullet (since everyone seems to have it), and jellen shot. You just can't get enough of the effects as a RA/GU

Then, there's RA/HU, assuming you got Fury Stance on HU. Pure DPS and a Launcher to boot. If you got a Soul Eater or Space Tuna, your RA is able to fit into all ranges with ease, assuming you got a good overall defense.

Then, there's RA/FO. Support and ranged DPS. Your offense/defense would be a little higher than normal since you have access to buffs. Also, having access to elemental AOEs allows your RA to be able to work around enemies with a high R-DEF.

RA/TE excels at PP recovery, since it seems a that all TE want a type of PP recovery of some sort, though I say that those who went to the light side for PP recovery would show more promise here since activation skills are often forgotten.

I'm still contemplating as to how FI will work with a RA... I think it's all about placement, depending on your emphasis on FI.

Pillan
Oct 9, 2012, 07:23 AM
If you only plan to use Fighter as a subclass for Ranger, you can max both Stances and both Stance Advances and still have two points left over. The only real problem with maxing both is that you will be missing out on Step Attack and the Gear Gages should you acquire multiclass versions of the Fighter weapons that you want to use in some circumstances. If you do keep the rest, take the points out on Wise Stance (until reduced 5) and then from Brave Stance (again, until reduced to 5).

And, yes, the stances are entirely based on your position from the enemy's center, which will make Wise Stance come up a bit less than it does for Fighter itself. But the main thing to think about is that it is about the best deal for continuous non-specialized damage in the game. Which is why I will be surprised to see combinations that do not include Fighter once the initial experimentation settles out.

Onvirtual
Oct 16, 2012, 10:55 PM
I play both, got both lvl up equally, and change them whenever I like.. Gu/Ra and Ra/Gu..
Got 2 skill trees on both too, one when used as a main and another when used as a sub..

somd
Oct 16, 2012, 11:24 PM
What skills does ranger benefit from having gunner sub? outside of pp restore nothing really. I've been messing around with different subs since the update and IMO fighters stances are the best overall damage boost you can get and basically benefits every class.

I like GU\RA as ranger completes the gunner class. Every skill on the ranger tree that most people have invested points into directly benefits gunner ie: WB, WHA, Ability up, r-atk\def up.

When maining Ranger I prefer to sub FI or HU. Both fighter stances or JA 1+2 and fury stance all boost damage way better than anything on the gunner tree.

Onvirtual
Oct 16, 2012, 11:40 PM
I'm still quite lazy in lvling fighter but I will see to it once maintenance is done. Yea I figured FI probably is the best subclass in term of inreasing raw damage. I like the flexibility of having chain trigger when WB is on cooldown (or can be used together for insane damage) and PP restorate is quite godly on it's own, I can spam PA like nothing and get them all back in no time..

Another benefit would be the increase of R-def and R-atk.. you can depend on GU or RA as a sub to increase your base r-def and r-atk without messing around with ur mag from the start in order to equip better stuffs later on..