PDA

View Full Version : Celebration of 1 million players on 17th October 2012

jooozek
Oct 9, 2012, 07:43 AM
Apparently there is some events coming, screenshot contest, bonuses on login during the event time (100 more FUN, 200 for those with premium set, 50% boosters, exp, meseta and rare rate up but don't know if those will be one time or daily one of them randomly), some kind of lottery too.

Here is the source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20121009041/

Mike
Oct 9, 2012, 07:55 AM
It looks like the 50% boosters are a one time only thing.

Ryo
Oct 9, 2012, 09:16 AM
This page is so full of kanji! I'd love to know more!

Crysteon
Oct 9, 2012, 09:49 AM
Why do they celebrate when tons of those accounts are badgers? lol.... Oh, Sega.

Angelo
Oct 9, 2012, 09:52 AM
Why do they celebrate when tons of those accounts are badgers? lol.... Oh, Sega.

Even if they are, 500k accounts is still something to be proud of for a game that's only been out for 3 months and has it's primary user base in a country of about 130 million people.

EvilMag
Oct 9, 2012, 10:01 AM
Even if they are, 500k accounts is still something to be proud of for a game that's only been out for 3 months and has it's primary user base in a country of about 130 million people.

PSO2 has been more successful than PSU.

PSU only got 250k accounts through out its whole life meanwhile PSO2 gets 700k accounts in just one month after the game launched.

eharima
Oct 9, 2012, 10:05 AM
that feel when you win a real prize and they find out your address is SEGA HQ Japan www

Angelo
Oct 9, 2012, 10:07 AM
PSO2 has been more successful than PSU.

PSU only got 250k accounts through out its whole life meanwhile PSO2 gets 700k accounts in just one month after the game launched.

that's because PSO2 is f2p. I'd like to know how many of those accounts buy AC.

I know I'm not the average player, but I've probably bought about 10,000 AC or more since launch.

EvilMag
Oct 9, 2012, 10:09 AM
that's because PSO2 is f2p. I'd like to know how many of those accounts buy AC.

I know I'm not the average player, but I've probably bought about 10,000 AC or more since launch.
PSU JP went F2P in 2010 and even when it get F2P I saw more premium users than free users (There was a little icon next to your name that indicates you're free course.)

I sometimes wonder if PSO2 only became successful because of the name.

Galax
Oct 9, 2012, 10:15 AM
Probably, Evilmag. Probably.

Angelo
Oct 9, 2012, 10:19 AM
PSU JP went F2P in 2010 and even when it get F2P I saw more premium users than free users (There was a little icon next to your name that indicates you're free course.)

Well, whatever the case may be I'm just glad it's off to a good start.

I hope this game has a long life. At the end of PSU's life it had tons of maps and content. I'd love to see that much packed into PSO2 in a few years.

EvilMag
Oct 9, 2012, 10:22 AM

I hope this game has a long life. At the end of PSU's life it had tons of maps and content. I'd love to see that much packed into PSO2 in a few years.

I'm sure because of how successful PSO2 is it's gonna last a lot longer than PSO and PSU.

Crysteon
Oct 9, 2012, 10:22 AM
I hope it has a long life as well, but seeing how they are having a bad decision after another...I start to have my doubts, lol.

IzzyData
Oct 9, 2012, 10:39 AM

I was a huge fan of pso and I wanted to play psu pretty badly, but since it was pay to play I wasn't able to. It may have gone free to play, but how was anyone supposed to know? I was never aware of such a thing so there are probably plenty of people that had no idea.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 9, 2012, 10:43 AM
I was a huge fan of pso and I wanted to play psu pretty badly, but since it was pay to play I wasn't able to. It may have gone free to play, but how was anyone supposed to know? I was never aware of such a thing so there are probably plenty of people that had no idea.

Depends on what version you're talking about. JP went F2P, the EU/NA version though? never happened.

EvilMag
Oct 9, 2012, 10:45 AM
Depends on what version you're talking about. JP went F2P, the EU/NA version though? never happened.

Yeah JP went F2P. In fact JP went F2P around the time US PC/PS2 shutdown.

360 never went F2P.

Tomeeboy
Oct 9, 2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks for posting this! You've been front-paged (http://www.pso-world.com/news/02462-pso2-jp-hits-one-million-registered-users-celebrations-and-giveaways-announced)!

jooozek
Oct 9, 2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks for posting this! You've been front-paged (http://www.pso-world.com/news/02462-pso2-jp-hits-one-million-registered-users-celebrations-and-giveaways-announced)!

Really didn't want to nitpick but there is not enough o's in my nickname ^^;

BIG OLAF
Oct 9, 2012, 11:48 AM

I think you'll survive.

Tomeeboy
Oct 9, 2012, 11:59 AM

I think you'll survive.

Hey, I'm going to side with jooozek on this one... Missing vowels are serious business, Big Laf ;)

Thanks for pointing it out jooozek, I fixed it!

Enforcer MKV
Oct 9, 2012, 12:43 PM
Hey, I'm going to side with jooozek on this one... Missing vowels are serious business, Big Laf ;)

Thanks for pointing it out jooozek, I fixed it!

Would anyone be upset if I said I got a 'Laf' out of this?

Tomeeboy
Oct 9, 2012, 01:00 PM
Back on topic... Front page story was updated with pic of the laptop and some additional corrections to the translations. If anyone has anything to add, feel free to post it here. Thanks guys.

Kous
Oct 9, 2012, 03:54 PM
I'm guessing there no point in trying to win the labtop XD. Cuz then your probably gonna get banned for not being a Japanse Resident

Lostbob117
Oct 9, 2012, 03:56 PM
There is also a post of this on bumped.org.

Inazuma
Oct 9, 2012, 04:01 PM
I'm guessing there no point in trying to win the labtop XD. Cuz then your probably gonna get banned for not being a Japanse Resident

Not exactly. I'm not a Japanese resident but I used a real Japanese address when creating my account. There are forwarding services such as tenso.com that will provide you a Japanese address, notify you when a package arrives, and ship it to your home overseas.

I've used it before for Club Nintendo rewards and stuff from Amazon Japan that couldn't be shipped directly to the USA. It works great.

Tomeeboy
Oct 9, 2012, 04:09 PM

The announcement mentioned that a special page including full details regarding the events will be posted on the 17th. I'm sure there will be some fine print there that discusses eligibility.

Zyrusticae
Oct 9, 2012, 04:43 PM
[obligatory Dr. Evil]
ONE. MEEELLION. ACCOUNTS!
[/obligatory Dr. Evil]

Mystil
Oct 9, 2012, 04:53 PM
^Well yeah. I was gonna say that.

Probably under 300,000 active players.

dablacksephiroth
Oct 9, 2012, 08:31 PM

I hope this game has a long life. At the end of PSU's life it had tons of maps and content. I'd love to see that much packed into PSO2 in a few weeks.

^ Fixed.