PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Ruins RAcast help!

boobella de thrill
Oct 9, 2012, 11:55 AM
I picked this game back up after 6 years am I stuck already... I screwed myself over by completing the missions for forest, caves, mines; so I can't find any mil lillys or any rare items/monsters. I've killed 1000's of Barbles hopping to get a red gun with any kind of dark% just to do damage in the Ruins, but no luck. I have 3 god/ability and 1 god/power that's at 25 and everything I shoot does 0. :argh: GHHAAAAA! thanks :-D

Level 119
ATP: 1907

DC_PLAYER
Oct 9, 2012, 01:44 PM
what version of the game are you playing?

hbmizzle10
Oct 9, 2012, 02:04 PM
describe the weapons u are using, mag level and stats, and equipment and i think i might be able to help you out

boobella de thrill
Oct 9, 2012, 02:56 PM
Urm, it's ver. 2 for Dreamcast... and I haven't been playing online.:blush: I'm using a red handgun +90 but could only find one with 35% beast and 40% machine. Using Celestial Shield, Revival Garment and my mag is a Kama with 149 pow. I'm wondering if a red handgun with dark% even exists? Also the game is Viridia.

boobella de thrill
Oct 9, 2012, 03:38 PM
I'm able to get a few rooms into the ruins, relying on damage and confuse traps. Was hoping for a Claw to drop something decent or maybe something in one of the boxes.... no luck.

gigawuts
Oct 9, 2012, 04:06 PM
Completing all the missions will let you repeat them all as much as you like, I believe. It'll also level you up nice and smoothly, which should help you in ruins when you're not in a mission.

boobella de thrill
Oct 9, 2012, 05:25 PM
All the previous missions I've beaten for forest, etc. are all "grayed out" still; since I can't complete the ruin missions.

gigawuts
Oct 9, 2012, 05:28 PM
You'll have to level up then, by doing lower level areas such as mines. Just go to the big teleporter and hop down to mines without taking a mission.

boobella de thrill
Oct 10, 2012, 12:04 PM
Is it normal for it to take over 3hrs just to level up once in the mines? I'm really wishing I'd started off with a Force character, just so I could rely on the enemies weakness... Any kind of weapon an RAcast uses that has lighting, fire, ice attribute never seems to do past 100 damage.

hbmizzle10
Oct 10, 2012, 01:03 PM
believe u dont want to solo as a force by urself it's a deaf sentence

DC_PLAYER
Oct 11, 2012, 06:40 AM
Whatever weapon > find one with good dark %

example: red handgun 40% dark
Haven't found one good enough? then keep trying, red handguns are common.

You can also hunt down a Yasminkov 2000H from claws, find one with good %
You can also hunt down a Yasminkov 9000M from Dubchich, you should find some along your game.

Quests are out of the question, you cannot find any rares in quests, meaning that piping for rare enemies will work but you won't get any rares.
Play normal gameplay, quests are only for fun after vhard, even exp is subpar compared with normal gameplay.

Lvl up, as you lvl up try and get those units replaced (as the atp will be maxed and units will have no impact) and at lvl 150 if you still have problems then come here.
At lvl 119 you are doing quite well, but from lvl 119 to 180 that means you still have lot's of forest runs to do.

Do you take a long time to clear mines? then do caves and forest or even Vhard.
Pso v2 takes time to lvl up, you haven't seen anything yet, so please be patient and do the areas you can

Having a force char: mindless tech cast for the entire game, no aiming is required, you will do damage, easy gameplay. However, you will do a low amount of damage to balance the easyness (and i do mean low)

boobella de thrill
Oct 11, 2012, 09:32 AM
Thank you everyone for the help. :-) I'm glad to know that a red handgun 40% dark really does exist. I figured I'd been completley wasting my time in the forest.

DC_PLAYER
Oct 11, 2012, 11:42 AM
It took me until lvl 125 before i could face mines and ruins (within a reasonable amount of time that is, obviously doing 10 damage you can clear any area, but i wasn't in the mood to waste 5 hours just to clear the 1st room)
Took me more then the 200 levels to actually get weapons with decent % for all areas.

I think you get the idea (and yes they are ordered by area they need to be used)
http://imageshack.us/a/img155/5175/21215419.png

boobella de thrill
Oct 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
I can't even imagine how long it took gathering up that many grinders for everything!!

I've got this really stupid question about Dubchichs. Evertime I kill them by flipping the switch, they never drop anything at all. Is this normal? Thanks, and I promise no more questions after this. :-D Gonna switch over to Skies of Arcadia for a bit. I forgot how many classics the Dreamcast actually has, after dragging it back out for the first time in ages. Great system!

gigawuts
Oct 12, 2012, 03:45 PM
I started playing PSO with the gamecube version, which had a bunch of changes, but it was mostly the same game. Some of what I say may not be accurate to the DC version, so apologies in advance if I'm wrong :)

Grinders are pretty easy to come by in PSO1 if you save em, and use monogrinders first when you do grind things (makes more room in the bank, you can store 1 grind per bank slot with monos, 2 grinds per bank slot with dis, and 3 grinds per bank slot with tris)

Also, I recommend getting a paralyze special gun. They really help against the dub/gilchich enemies in mines. So do launchers and slicers, especially if they have paralyze and you line them up so they get stuck on eachother. Then mechguns can tear them up while slowing them down ever so slightly, and with extra hits it might knock them down - but all of these have lower accuracy. Rifles are the way to go if you're missing a lot until you've leveled up enough.

For the dubs, IIRC you have to hit them at least once and then break the switch to get experience, so I guess it could be the same for items? I'm not sure.

DC_PLAYER
Oct 13, 2012, 02:18 PM
Beeing a racast the most important for now is damage, having a not efficient paralizing gun won't matter since you still need to kill them, using a launcher or a slicer will make things even worse.

Mechguns might be a nice idea, exept they have a subpar ATA and a horrible atp.

I understand that these strategies work for GC, but on v2 these enemies are brickwalls, you need raw power to kill them.
Specials only become usefull if playing in good teams online and there isn't a good one atm that can protect you anymore.
Even if i went online all it takes is 4 enemies from each corner of a room to come and get us and you will either have to run or attack them (as in not using specials)

Sranks are an alternative if you can get online and find a decent cmode team

boobella de thrill
Oct 13, 2012, 04:35 PM
Went back to very hard mode ruins, so I could gather up a bunch of power material more easily. Now with a Visk 40%dark, I can do up to 10 damage on ultimate ruins. YAAY!....:-x Finally found a D-Parts ver. 1.01 in the mines and it had 0 slots. Gawd, why did they not include ADD SLOTS in ver. 2.?? At least I'm starting to make some progress again.

DC_PLAYER
Oct 13, 2012, 07:16 PM
It's true, good armors with 4 slots are incredibly rare, i went for the common ones with 4 slots, you sacrifice a bit of dfp and evp but atleast you can use units

A strategy that may work for you (later on when your atp is maxed and pow units have NO effect) then you can find your favorite armor with 4 slots and then use from 3 to 4 pb create units.
I understand that you may like having extra dfp or better resistances, but a lvl 21 shifta and deband may indeed work out for you, with 3 to 4 pb create units you will restore the PB in a short amount of time, so just like tech capable chars you will be able to cast a constant shifta and deband on your char.

disadvantages:
- sacrifices other usefull units
- Mag must have twins
- lvl 21 S/D is only casted on 200 iq mags, less iq means lower boosts
- you start any area without status boosts
- You will not use any other pbs other then twins
- death reset boosts, wich may leave you in a weak state for some time (depends on how much pb you have)
- going to pionner resets PB

advantages:
- weapon % will affect even more atp, damage will increase drasticly
- increased dfp
- 3 pb creates still leaves 1 slot open for a god battle (wich is an essential unit)
- constant status boost

No need to be in a hurry, just try and find a common (but good) armor with 4 slots, gather up pb creates and try and make a mag with twins if you don't have it.
Consider this as a goal, now doing vhard ruins may prove to be quite usefull. Enjoy the game for now, lvl up, raise the mag and try and find the gear you need.

You have ata, you can even hit using v1 weapons like the visk, something i can rarely do, you just need the extra power and that you need shifta.

One question, what is your base atp without a weapon and with a particular weapon you like?

EDIT:
did a simple calc

--------------------------------------------------
so a maxed atp racast with a 40% visk is:
(1267 + 250) * 1.4 = 2123

The damage against a merlan is:
Normal attack
[ (2123-2050)/5 ] * 0.9 = 13 damage

-----------------------------------------------
now with shifta (from twins at lvl 21):
[(1267 + 250) * 1.36] * 1.4 = 2888

The damage against a merlan is:
Normal attack
[ (2888-2050)/5 ] * 0.9 = 150 damage

13 to 150 is quite a difference.
Still, a red handgun may prove to be better if you manage to get decent %

gigawuts
Oct 13, 2012, 07:23 PM
Were s-red blades with shifta & deband in v2? What about the mylla & youlla PB?

That should help you out in bursts with your atp.

edit: Also how about getting online and working towards an s-rank needle with jellen special, if such a thing existed in v2?

DC_PLAYER
Oct 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
s-red blades is:
- FAR to rare to even be hunted
On my id the arms are 1/1.089.430 (yes, 1 in a million)
- the status boost is weak
- unequipable by racasts

On v2 Sranks are "unique", they already have specials (yes plural) the weapon will cast a random special that always hits the enemy (ata doesn't come into place, accuracy is always 100%)
The specials such as freezing or paralizing are nice, but there are more specials, some good and some bad.
The good ones are the lvl 81 jellen and lvl 81 zalure.

The bad ones are lvl 81 shifta, lvl 81 deband and high heal resta.

When you cast a special the odds that you will cast something good is higher, more good specials = better chances, however all it takes is a lvl 81 deband to come in place to screw things up, on a racast that means that to kill the enemies you either need 1 hit kill moves (hell special from the srank) or lvl 81 zalure to come into place, that may take some time and during that time your casting specials after specials.

For damage and some bosses the sranks are good, anything else and you're screwed.

lvl 81 deband on a 2050 dfp enemy means 4387 dfp and lvl 81 shifta on a 2800 ATP enemy means 5992 ATP

gigawuts
Oct 13, 2012, 08:01 PM
Huh, interesting. I'd probably have felt about v2 as I do about PSO2. Bit messy, kind of imbalanced, and rewards don't entirely seem worth so much work.

But still a fun game all around, and appealing visuals and environments.

boobella de thrill
Oct 13, 2012, 10:39 PM
Hmm, I didn't even realize that you could use pb create units simultaneously and it would increase the effect. Tried using just one for a few minutes, and wasn't too impressed.

gigawuts
Oct 13, 2012, 10:54 PM
It actually adds up a lot over time. Ever go afk? Imagine coming back with another 10 PB. Or if every time you were at 80% PB, you already had 100%. And a PB is more than just the PB itself, it's also the buff you get when you reach full PB. That might be S&D, or maybe invulnerability.

DC_PLAYER
Oct 14, 2012, 05:44 AM
Not sure on v2 pb, if you need to walk for it to increase or not, but like i said, you need 3

Invulnerability as a mag ability works best (because shifta and deband is weaker and will override the pb one i believe), invencibility lasts 2 to 3 minutes.

boobella de thrill
Oct 29, 2012, 10:03 PM
Yesss, I beat dark falz on ultimate! Finally found a red handgun with 35%dark and leveled up to 130. When I got to the boss teleport, I waited around with a couple of pb creates hoping by chance I'd have invinciblity before I jumped in "didn't happen." Ended up using 2 perfect resists, 1 god battle, 1 resist evil, Sacred Guard shield and a bhairava with 151 power. Was also hoping power and defense would raise as soon as I went in "didn't happen," so immediatley had to use m. & y. photon blast. Still able to beat him without using any scape dolls and under 3mins. Even brought 12 scape dolls with me, just in case. ....What a long ass game!:sleepy: Thought there was going to be some "battle temple" level after that, but must just be for the gamecube ver. So glad there wasn't, I'm a bit embarrassed looking at my hour total. :-o ^^;

DC_PLAYER
Oct 30, 2012, 02:16 PM
Congratulations, trust me, few ppl are able to defeat dark falz on ultimate, i see you finnaly found the red handgun you needed and that you used the pb to further boost damage.

*claps hands*
Yes, you deserve them.

boobella de thrill
Oct 30, 2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks Dc_Player, I would've just given up if it hadn't been for the pb create idea! :D