PDA

View Full Version : Sub HU or Sub TE?

Cortte
Oct 10, 2012, 08:21 PM
I am a ranger for the time being but plan to switch to my Gunner once I cap ranger. I am about to complete my CO for sub classes and I am just wondering one thing. I am trying to decide whether or not HU or TE would be better as a subclass for both ranger and gunner. Would Fury stance/Fury crit, and the 2 JA bonuses offer me up more help in the HU subclass, or would the improved Shifta and Deband help me more in the TE subclass. I am trying to go for a higher attack output, and it feels obvious to me that HU would be better, but I would like some other opinions also.

Pillan
Oct 10, 2012, 09:32 PM
The Just Attack Bonuses and Fury Stance add to more than Shifta with Shifta Advance and Shifta Critical. But Shifta would be worth about as much in a full party if no one else can cast it, as you can give yourself credit for about 10% of everyone's damage.

The bonus to Shifta is around 2% of your base stats, so there is currently not a very noticeable difference between damage with or without it. Deband Cut, on the other hand, is a 10% decrease to enemy damage in addition to the 18-21% base defense boost from Deband.

So it really depends on whether you want to go pure damage or if you feel Ranger does enough damage and would rather add some support for others.

Rien
Oct 10, 2012, 10:17 PM
Sub TE.

Resta is the best money-saving tactic.

Zorafim
Oct 11, 2012, 12:31 AM
HU is my favorite subjob for both RA and GU, since most of its skills boost ranged damage as much as melee. But force gives you resta.

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 01:13 PM
it really comes down to- do you wanna be able to use spells?

no? then go hunter. Fury stance gives you +150 (at lvl 10, i dont even know how much fury stance up gives too, so maybe +200) s-atk AND r-atk

guard stance reduces s-atk & r-atk by only 100 (at lvl 10) and increases s-def by 200, so if u need the extra defense for a fight you got it. since you're gonna be mostly range, the -sdef isnt much of an issue from fury stance so you can have that on constantly for a larger bonus than shifta

yes? well, techer hands down. though force *might* be better in your case (techer is really good sub with melee class, force might be better for rangers)

Pillan
Oct 11, 2012, 04:45 PM
At the same level, Force adds an extra 2% to R-Atk. Shifta Advance gives you the same 2%. Plus Techer has far better skills for Ranger, as PP Restorate and PP Convert can be used to do more damage while spamming your 4 Weak Bullets.

So, the only reasons for Force over Techer is burn, freeze, shock, and freeze ignition.