PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 So, the new PAs/technics... (10/11)

Crevox
Oct 11, 2012, 02:37 AM
Do the level 11+ PAs and technics affect the "display" / "visual effect" of the abilities at all?

What are the new technics? Are they untradeable as well?

Onvirtual
Oct 11, 2012, 02:46 AM
A friend of mine said it shows, but no proof to it as of yet..

One thing that is for sure: PA's power at lvl 11 above are tremendous.. At least that's what they said too..

Geistritter
Oct 11, 2012, 02:47 AM
...So it's not for sure at all, then.

Rien
Oct 11, 2012, 02:52 AM
New Techs/PAs are tradable.

They're six-stars for the PAs at least, so search that in the disk shop if you're curious.

(they're like 200k+ though)

Keii
Oct 11, 2012, 06:45 AM

They're six-stars for the PAs at least, so search that in the disk shop if you're curious.

200k? This one was around 8k on the myshop:
http://i.minus.com/ibaa3L9WRiVHdB.jpg

It seems the new PAs/Techs are only dropping from rare enemies or at least that's the impression I've got from running vhard free forest for a few hours with a total 6 minute cross burst and a few PSE bursts. Lots of 11+ disc drops, only 2 new PAs dropping from one rare dagan.

Keii
Oct 11, 2012, 06:56 AM

200k? This one was around 8k on the myshop.

It seems the new PAs/Techs are only dropping from rare enemies or at least that's the impression I've got from running vhard free forest for a few hours with a total 6 minute cross burst and a few PSE bursts. Lots of 11+ disc drops, only 2 new PAs dropping from one rare dagan.
http://i.minus.com/ibaa3L9WRiVHdB.jpg

Carillon
Oct 11, 2012, 09:31 AM
cerberus dance (seems to be a pretty common one) doesn't consume wire gear, but builds it.
kinda slow animation tho.

:D

otaku998
Oct 11, 2012, 10:26 AM
So, somehow it seems like only wirelance PA is available right now? Can't seem to encounter any other lol. Anyone has Mechgun PA yet?

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 10:32 AM
I'm after the gunslash PA...

If anyone is sure of where it drops, I'd like to hear.

It's in the player shops... but for like almost 10 mil.

So I know it exists and SOMEONE found it, at least.

otaku998
Oct 11, 2012, 10:40 AM
Goddamn sega, made these things so rare! Goddamn it!

LinkKD
Oct 11, 2012, 11:51 AM
Nassie got a new Knuckle PA too

if anyone who gets new PAs has means to record and upload a video, would be nice to share with us in this topic

I know someone did so already with cerberus dance

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 12:21 PM
Seriously, the wiredlance one is only worth like 10k.

But yeah.

Dat gunslash PA.

I want it.

LinkKD
Oct 11, 2012, 01:00 PM
Seriously, the wiredlance one is only worth like 10k.

But yeah.

Dat gunslash PA.

I want it.

OMNISLASH

I want it [2]...though I'd need a decent gunblade to use it decently...which I lack for now.

otaku998
Oct 11, 2012, 01:44 PM
Omnislash o_O , any video of it? or it was shown in the trailer?

Mizunos
Oct 11, 2012, 01:48 PM
Just dropped Foie lv 13, no visual change at all sadly =/ Went up to 281% tech power though, 26% more than it was at lv 10.

Crevox
Oct 11, 2012, 03:14 PM
Just dropped Foie lv 13, no visual change at all sadly =/ Went up to 281% tech power though, 26% more than it was at lv 10.

This is disappointing, but not a huge surprise. The spells seem visual enough right now to be "maxed", I kinda doubted they would add more effects to the effect.

Still boring. :|

New spells include Nazan, Samegid...

Ragrants is in the client but unknown if available... Sabarta as well.

There's a fire spell and a lightning spell, but I don't know their names.

ZcRaider
Oct 11, 2012, 06:22 PM
Even in PSU, you could do a quest to get the "ultimate" PA's. You only needed like what 40 - 99 photon drops I think. Each Pa had its own price. However, this is almost unbareable. LOL

Z-0
Oct 12, 2012, 08:08 AM
I'm going to add that the Sword Surfing PA is available... from somewhere. I was just on Ship 1 and searched it in the shops. It's there. It was a million, of course.

Name is ライドスラッシャー.

otaku998
Oct 12, 2012, 08:09 AM
For real? I thought they didn't add Sword PA?

Z-0
Oct 12, 2012, 08:13 AM
It's also on Ship 2, for the low price of 5 million!

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/7474/pso20121012141156002.jpg

jooozek
Oct 12, 2012, 08:13 AM
They added the sword PA on first day already, got it from some monster in caves emergency.

Z-0
Oct 12, 2012, 08:15 AM
It's weird because they said it would be delayed. :| Guess I'm gonna have to find it now and hope it travels well.

jooozek
Oct 12, 2012, 12:26 PM
Just got Safoie and Impact Slider from rare Vol Dragon. Safoie is a line of fire that goes from right of the place you target to left to the side of place you target. Impact Slider is basically shooting while sliding towards your target and then kicking your target and knocking it around.

NoiseHERO
Oct 12, 2012, 12:44 PM
Git fist pa and both wiredlance PAs. Am impressed.

Still looking out for sword air boarding and gunslash pas.

Sp-24
Oct 12, 2012, 01:02 PM
Sorry in advance if I am an idiot, but did they add both sword PAs? Over End seems to be completely overshadowed by that surfslash, so it's a bit hard to come across info on it.

LinkKD
Oct 12, 2012, 06:21 PM
Omnislash o_O , any video of it? or it was shown in the trailer?

It's the last shown PA on the promo video, it's not called Omnislash though (...I think) just ressembles Cloud's Omnislash from FF7

Rien
Oct 12, 2012, 06:46 PM
Here's the names of errything I know of:

Wired Lance:
Air Pocket Swing
Cerberus Dance

Rifle:
Impact Slider

Sword:
Ride Slasher
Over End

Fist:
Flash Thousand

Twin Machinegun:
Elder Rebellion
Infinite Fire

Double Saber:
Acro Effect

Gunslash:
Slash Rave

Wind:
Nazan

Fire:
Safoie

edit: Corrected Double Saber PA's name

otaku998
Oct 12, 2012, 07:54 PM
It's the last shown PA on the promo video, it's not called Omnislash though (...I think) just ressembles Cloud's Omnislash from FF7

Oh srsly? And here i thought that was Twin Daggers PA...

Galax
Oct 12, 2012, 08:37 PM
Over End...is it the same as in Zero?

Rien
Oct 13, 2012, 12:31 AM
Over End...is it the same as in Zero?

There's a PSP and PSZ version, but I think it's the Zero version.

LinkKD
Oct 13, 2012, 02:32 AM
Oh srsly? And here i thought that was Twin Daggers PA...

That's what I WISHED it was too ;c ...

but I easily identified that it was a gunblade one...since the PA called my atention I rewinded to see it again, and then realized there's a shot in the end...which gave away it was a gunblade

then after watching a third time I could see clearly it was a one handed gunbladed, not a two handed twin daggers ;c

Blundy
Oct 13, 2012, 04:18 PM
anyone know what this new wind tech is doing?

gigawuts
Oct 13, 2012, 04:22 PM
I've seen it used, but only on downed fordrans. It looked like a wind-based gibarta/razan(or sazan) combo, maybe it pushes enemies back? Hard to tell.

NoiseHERO
Oct 13, 2012, 05:00 PM
A friend of mine has it.

She says it just pushes enemies REALLY far away. As far as I remember. Not sure on the damage.

Not really interested in the new techs as much... Probably because they were all spoiled already.

Blundy
Oct 13, 2012, 05:25 PM
that sounds interesting but counter-intuitive for my techer. thanks for the info~

Carillon
Oct 14, 2012, 09:14 AM
Orchestra (dagger PA, dropped from Dark Aragni) is basically just slashing infront of you a bunch.
final hit does more damage than the others, when on the ground you move forward while using it, and range is fairly short. good damage, but... i'm unsure of it's usability at this time.

GiFoie and SaZonde and RaZonde have their PP costs reduced from 25 to 23 at 11+. possible others are buffed this way, but that's the only three i've found so far that are.

presuming all the power numbers on the googledocs thing are correct, it looks like sega has taking this oportunity to rebalance the various PAs. alot of the already strong PAs see minimal increases, while others jump by 100 or more just going from 10 to 11.

LinkKD
Oct 14, 2012, 03:50 PM
Orchestra (dagger PA, dropped from Dark Aragni) is basically just slashing infront of you a bunch.
final hit does more damage than the others, when on the ground you move forward while using it, and range is fairly short. good damage, but... i'm unsure of it's usability at this time.

GiFoie and SaZonde and RaZonde have their PP costs reduced from 25 to 23 at 11+. possible others are buffed this way, but that's the only three i've found so far that are.

presuming all the power numbers on the googledocs thing are correct, it looks like sega has taking this oportunity to rebalance the various PAs. alot of the already strong PAs see minimal increases, while others jump by 100 or more just going from 10 to 11.

Uhm...this Orchestra seems pretty similar to wild Rhapsody...I'd think you were referring to wild rhapsody even if you didn't mention the name (except you didn't mention any spinning in it)

I wonder if it's usage can be different than wild rhapsody's...one way or another, it at least sounds cool, I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks

and it'd be nice if they balanced PAs indeed

Carillon
Oct 14, 2012, 09:30 PM
been playing with it some more, it's really more like cerberus dance than wild rhapsody. it even launches at the end.

Rabarta, Zonde, Rising Flag and Tri-Impact also get PP costs reduced.

also, flash thousand: an uppercut followed by a lot of punching. range is terribad, but it does TONS OF DAMAGE. uppercut does about as much damage as two of the punches. gear charge doesn't seem to have much of an effect on it, but i can't say i've been counting the hits.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 12:09 PM
Some vids of the new PAs (not all of them)

For those that haven't seen it. The new dagger PA might get me to pick up daggers again, since it looks like it's actually ground attack dominant AND it moves forward (just like PSU/PSO daggies)

Sword PA is really disappointing, doesn't go as far I thought and it's a charge attack, maybe full sword guage has potential. Was hoping it'd be like rodeo dive with a sword trailer made it look faster...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19107656

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19119137

But yeah, anyone know for sure what drops the gunslash PA or the other Fist PA? Or what the other fist PA even IS? and by other I mean NOT the machine gun punch one.

Geistritter
Oct 15, 2012, 01:49 PM
...You realize that most people can't access or don't know how to access Nico Nico Douga videos, right.

Inazuma
Oct 15, 2012, 02:32 PM
...You realize that most people can't access or don't know how to access Nico Nico Douga videos, right.

I dunno about you, but this forum is for people playing a Japanese only game. If we can manage to do that, using Nico Nico Douga isn't that difficult.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 03:01 PM
I dunno about you, but this forum is for people playing a Japanese only game. If we can manage to do that, using Nico Nico Douga isn't that difficult.

This.

It's also what most people use to watch the PSO2 livestream events. So a lot of people easily already have accounts.

And in general it's not hard to sign up. >_>

Geistritter
Oct 15, 2012, 03:09 PM
I think you'd be surprised how helpless most of this user base is when confronted with Japanese. The English patch is widely distributed and relied upon. It's well and good that you're able to make do, but you're silly if you think everyone else is as adaptable.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 03:17 PM
I think you'd be surprised how helpless most of this user base is when confronted with Japanese. The English patch is widely distributed and relied upon. It's well and good that you're able to make do, but you're silly if you think everyone else is as adaptable.

I think I've posted here enough to have more faith in a good chunk of the regular posters to be able to find a way to watch a simple nico video that had something I wanted to share with them.

Otherwise what else do you want? If someone can't watch it and it's not on a video hosting website, they don't have access to (that's easy to access) that's their problem. It's not exactly my fault for simply posting the source of what I'm talking about.

And don't even get me started on people's english patch desperation...........

Geistritter
Oct 15, 2012, 03:25 PM
I'm not as offended about it as you seem to think; there's a website that bypasses Nico Nico Douga's insularity and makes the videos publicly viewable out there, and I'd use it if I was interested enough in these particular videos. I'm one of the people that make do.

I'm just suggesting it won't do a lot of other people much good, and since you're posting it for other people, that may be an issue, if being helpful is your aim. It wasn't intended to be commentary about users self-sufficiency or resource management, or lack thereof.

But if you want to get into that, as a species we're fucking terrible about encouraging each other to be self-sufficient and adaptable, hence my concerns about the viewability of the videos to the average user.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 03:34 PM
I never said you were offended.

Anyway I just posted the video, as far as I know I never checked if it was on youtube. And I really don't care to check past that. It's not like I should have to download the vid and upload it myself to spoon feed people just because they're too lazy or ignorant. >_>

Also I'm not the first to drop a couple nico links in this forum section and people watched the videos just fine. I really don't know what kind of point you're trying to drag out here other than the majority of this english playerbase being stupid, which is common sense for any game or group or society.

Geistritter
Oct 15, 2012, 03:47 PM
That more or less was my point; I'm just trying to be less blunt as a whole. It's bad form without moderation and can make communication with more sensitive people annoying.

Again, though, the average user is as you describe, and since you're posting in a place where the average user has access, I thought it somewhat counter-intuitive. You may not care for them, but you're still among them.

As for this:

It's not like I should have to download the vid and upload it myself to spoon feed people just because they're too lazy or ignorant. >_>

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19107656

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19107656

You could have just done that, and we wouldn't even be having this conversation, as mutually delightful as it no doubt is.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 03:53 PM
Yeah well I there's nothing I want to do for these people, a couple of my friends suffer every update, spoon feeding this ungrateful lazies!

/goes to get something to eat

otaku998
Oct 15, 2012, 07:34 PM
@Rock Eastwood Thanks for the video, it was helpful. Now i know which PA i can just ignore and which i can focus on farming. Dagger PA looks like it can cover somewhat the weapon problem with ground, which is great.

@Geistritter instead of dragging this out, you could have just posted that if you want from the start + leaving a few lines. He posted this so he deserves at least a thanks and not some blahblah cause you think some people might be too lazy to find out how to watch niconico by themselves.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah well I there's nothing-

Man I hate these typos.

PepperCat
Oct 15, 2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks for posting the vids, still looking around for some more insight into the spear and double sabers and the new techs as well. :)

Onvirtual
Oct 15, 2012, 10:54 PM
elder is definite must to farm (albeit very rare).. glory rain i thought u could aim from far, but it seems it only shoot around you, and not quite wide enough.. shooting slider, kind of meh... great options for gunner that play rifle, just not a priority..

and thanks for the video, rock.

LinkKD
Oct 15, 2012, 11:18 PM
Some vids of the new PAs (not all of them)

For those that haven't seen it. The new dagger PA might get me to pick up daggers again, since it looks like it's actually ground attack dominant AND it moves forward (just like PSU/PSO daggies)

Sword PA is really disappointing, doesn't go as far I thought and it's a charge attack, maybe full sword guage has potential. Was hoping it'd be like rodeo dive with a sword trailer made it look faster...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19107656

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19119137

But yeah, anyone know for sure what drops the gunslash PA or the other Fist PA? Or what the other fist PA even IS? and by other I mean NOT the machine gun punch one.

niiice

thanks for sharing Rock <3

this daggers PA looks sexy, do want...and yeah, I'm curious about other PAs aswell...let's hope more videos and info is posted on the upcoming days

Rien
Oct 16, 2012, 06:20 AM
The missing knuckle PA is "Surprise Knuckle", a move Gettemhalt uses against Furie on the third story quest "砂漠の奥" (Tyrant in the Dunes). It's a horizontal fist strike. (If you look at Sword PAs, Rising Edge goes vertical and Nova Strike goes horizontal. For Knuckles, Slide Upper is vertical and Surprise Knuckle is horizontal.)

otaku998
Oct 20, 2012, 08:45 AM
Anyone has a vid of Over End? That sword PA?

Skyly HUmar
Oct 20, 2012, 10:32 AM

It comes out next update, since whatever monster it drops from isnt fightable with our current content.

EDIT: lol typos

otaku998
Oct 20, 2012, 10:39 AM
Ah i see, no wonder i can't seem to find anything about it. Thanks

Omega-z
Oct 20, 2012, 11:47 AM
:) that sword Surf PA remind me of PSU day's. It went cartoon first then Sega made it into the Stardust SUV then now a PA for PSO2. Here's a cartoon of Sword riding before Sega added it to any of there game's even PSU, since at the time this was done was when the first Espada 6* SUV was just barely out and was during the second year of AtoI.

Enjoy:)
http://hoshimeguri.sakura.ne.jp/PSU/swf/psu39.html

IndigoNovember
Oct 20, 2012, 11:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2dmRVtgapc

Jump to around 18 seconds in, that should be it.

otaku998
Oct 20, 2012, 01:10 PM
O.o ahh i see. So it has been in the vid all along, never noticed. I wonder if its dmg will be as much as the doc written 1429% at level 15, lol. But it looks hella cool at least

IndigoNovember
Oct 20, 2012, 02:03 PM
:) that sword Surf PA remind me of PSU day's. It went cartoon first then Sega made it into the Stardust SUV then now a PA for PSO2. Here's a cartoon of Sword riding before Sega added it to any of there game's even PSU, since at the time this was done was when the first Espada 6* SUV was just barely out and was during the second year of AtoI.

Enjoy:)
http://hoshimeguri.sakura.ne.jp/PSU/swf/psu39.html

Heh, that was pretty cool. Virtual On + Super Robot Wars. Thanks for the link.

otaku998
Oct 24, 2012, 01:16 PM
So anyone gotten new sword PA, or partizan PA anywhere? So far i still haven't encountered any. Market has some partizan with 3mil+ alrady though -_-

gigawuts
Oct 24, 2012, 01:22 PM
I've definitely seen the new, non-surfing sword PA in action today. It looks fantastic, makes me strongly consider going hunter to try it out. Not sure if it already came form a new boss, or if they were dome cracking in desert to get random disks.

jooozek
Oct 24, 2012, 01:55 PM
The slash partisan PA comes from rare signobeats, it's kinda underwhelming; it's a slash that knock enemies away, it's chargeable.

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2012, 02:10 PM
Find that other gunslash PA...

I know in the recent datamining image it had a foot on it... assuming it's a kick

/shrug

BUT I LIKE KICKS, AND GUNSLASH

otaku998
Oct 24, 2012, 04:45 PM
Honestly the whole time my only aim is Over End PA, new Partisan PA doesn't look good from the icon but hey i can be wrong. Oh and probably that omnislash gunslash PA too.

otaku998
Oct 25, 2012, 11:24 PM
So i got Partizan PA Slide End today , while its power (at level 7) is nowhere near OP, it has some hax range and really quick, a condensed Speed Rain with more vertical range i guess. Liking it so far

cheapgunner
Oct 26, 2012, 01:27 AM
Infinity Fire is really pwrful... Seems like I found another reason to llove twin mechguns. >:-)

holmwood
Nov 6, 2012, 10:51 AM
www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19278733 (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19278733)
All new techs video including sabarta. :D

Astarin
Nov 6, 2012, 11:03 AM
www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19278733 (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19278733)
All new techs video including sabarta. :D

Awesome, finally! I've been waiting for a clear look.

Does Zondeel not do any damage, then? Is it just for grouping mobs?

Sabarta is very... Holy Lance (Tales of... series).

IndigoNovember
Nov 6, 2012, 11:13 AM
Zondeel is like Sa・Zonde but the effects are different, check the Techer tree discussion thread, I remember someone explaining it there.

holmwood
Nov 6, 2012, 11:16 AM
Awesome, finally! I've been waiting for a clear look.

Does Zondeel not do any damage, then? Is it just for grouping mobs?

Yes! Zondeel is like an area sazonde. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdqZIHTh90s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdqZIHTh90s

Zorafim
Nov 6, 2012, 12:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6-z_937R5g

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 12:42 PM
Yes! Zondeel is like an area sazonde. <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdqZIHTh90s

It's PSO1 razonde meets sazonde meets sazan, in opposite order.

otaku998
Nov 7, 2012, 12:30 PM
well got Over End, it is as good as i expected, except that seemingly pull a Guard Cancel with it is rather hard/troublesome.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 7, 2012, 10:15 PM
Just managed to get a level 9 Ra Grants for (relatively) cheap, but as the first enemy I encountered after that was Big Varder during his EM, I didn't really get a good chance to test it out.

Anyone else with Ra Grants can give me some pointers on the following?

Range. Better or worse than Foie?
Splash/Peripheral damage?
Number of Hits?

Digital Satyr
Nov 8, 2012, 01:36 AM
Ragrants was a real let down. It has a short range (even shorter than the animation shows), hits slightly harder than gigrants, but only 5 times, and it only hits a small line as opposed to the whole screen around you like gigrants.

*edit*
It was fixed to do 6 hits now, but the range is still too short for the animation. The damage is about 14% higher than gigrants though, so it's more useful for taking big targets.

Crevox
Nov 13, 2012, 06:50 PM
Ragrants does more damage than Grants or Gigrants, making it the highest damage output for light with higher positional requirements. It's also cheaper than Gigrants, costing 20 PP. You have to decide if you want to do a setup for maximum damage output, or how much mobility you have to do for it to work (and if you have to do too much, then it's not worth it). Best option vs Gahwanda (or Zan/airborne Gigrants). Very useful on Ragne if you can aim it consistently (if you're going for KILL, grants nuking the brain at long range is safe; if you're daring, position yourself and lock onto the brain and Ragrants; if not, very useful on legs as well).

As for the rest...

Safoie - Rafoie, but more damage and in front of you. Really good, just gotta obey the positional requirement. Hits 3 times, didn't use it too much yet... Rafoie builds will love it if they can deal with having to be close.

Sabarta - Good long range ice spell, also freezes the target so it doesn't miss. Area of effect is small, damage is high... it's okay. There's only one boss weak to ice and he's usually far too mobile to hit with, and he's also weak to dark where it matters (Gimegid hits harder, faster). As for random enemies, usually ice spells are weak enough to the point where you would rather just use another element... with the recent buffs to ice, as long as you mind the positional requirements, they're alright.

Zondeel - Really good. Slight time and PP requirement setup skill. If you're in the right situation, one cast followed by a variety of other skills will kill everything. Very effective support skill in parties as well. This skill is really good even if you don't "ignite it" for the damage. As an example, in floating continent doing things like Zondeel -> Megid/Gimegid/Ramegid is very powerful. Note this is affected by territory boost as well, making it even larger. On machines, combine with Razonde for destructive results.

Samegid - Powerful mid-long range accurate nuke. More damage than Megid, weaker than Gimegid. You can use it extremely close range if the target is big enough (Quartz), otherwise not really worth it. Effective for killing far away targets, especially specific ones (Windira, Quartz Dragon). Explosion radius is small, so not a good AoE. Powerful enough to warrant use outside of enemies weak to dark sometimes if you want to.

Nazan - Dumb

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2012, 07:01 PM
^ Brilliant descriptions. I'd like to throw my own comments on all of them now, since I have improved gear and each new tech

What sells ragrants is more damage for just 20 PP. It's not actually that much like foie, it's more like a cone (wide end towards the caster). It hits about the same range as gigrants. Because of this gigrants will be better sometimes, but ragrants will be better for clustered targets or long duration fights, due to costing 20 PP.

I've been toying with it a lot against gwanhadas, and I like it a lot for their exposed bellies. It's a better skirmish tech, since your PP lasts that much longer. But, then, I'm a lightning/light guy, so that speaks to how much I like long term casting over switching to a gunslash.

Sa megid is a fantastic dark tech for everyone, even forces that don't normally use dark. Great activation cost, great damage, but as mentioned best used at mid range. With 3 hits it's good for applying poison too. Even with zero points in dark mastery I find it to be my go-to tech when fighting quarz now.

Sabarta...I'm mixed. It's grants, but ice-based. It was a MUCH needed type of ice tech, that hit a target directly, but I feel with light mastery it's redundant and inferior to grants. YMMV, probably fantastic on caves boss weak points. Looks pretty cool, if a bit unpolished due to my shader setup I guess.

Zondeel: Get this. Get. This. Use it. Bolt save 10, bolt save 0, techer, force, just get it. It has an enormous AOE and allows me to draw enemies wherever and however I want, and it's amazing whether I zap it or not. With this I can draw and catch bosses in code capture rings. Just the other day with the help of a talis I grabbed two lunge-happy wolgardas for them to be captured at the same time. There are very few moves I will say every single player should have ready to use regardless of their skilltrees and playstyle preferences, and this is one of them.

Safoie: Short range zan. Hits 3 times, sets things on fire, casts in half time. Fantastic damage to boot. I highly recommend getting it if it's cheap, or using it if you find it but can't sell it due to level/lack of shop. If it still goes for a boatload of money you might want to sell it and wait until the prices crash, of course, that's something I do even for moves I want sometimes.

Crevox
Nov 14, 2012, 12:25 AM
Sabarta...I'm mixed. It's grants, but ice-based. It was a MUCH needed type of ice tech, that hit a target directly, but I feel with light mastery it's redundant and inferior to grants. YMMV, probably fantastic on caves boss weak points. Looks pretty cool, if a bit unpolished due to my shader setup I guess.

It's like grants, but the problem is it doesn't track. On random enemies this is fine because for the duration of the ice fall they can't move, but on a boss it will easily whiff if they move. For Vol Dragons darkness is better (he's weak to dark), and for Cater'drans... meh. I prefer Ramegid due to the poison usually.

A lot of what the spells are in this game is finding the right spell for each enemy. Each enemy in this game has its own weaknesses, attack patterns, movement, etc. Usually you'll want a specific spell for every enemy you fight, and you'll want to remember and know what spell(s) that is (I'm not saying this to you per say, just stating in general).

...or you can just go faceroll derpy Rafoie spam build. That works too.