PDA

View Full Version : FI skill tree help

suzaku0zero0
Oct 11, 2012, 05:40 AM
Please move this if in wrong place

I am a lvl 40 FI with 29 sp spare when I'm lvl 50
Only used sp to get all 5 gears (3weapons + 2 step)
(brave and wise stance each have 5 sp)

If I want to max the damage output, should I max all both stance and stance up? With 5sp remaining To be placed in S Att 1?

Or just max 1 of each of wise and brave stance, using the remaining 19 sp to get 1/2 line and other skill (S Att up when 25% Hp)

Thanks for ur suggestion in advance

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
check here

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200508

start with the last page and go backwards until you find info you find useful

Essentially, though. Dont get any stance to more than 5/10. If you want em higher, put the points into X Stance UP instead as it gives better %-per-SP when the stance itself is at 5 (+2% per point vs +1%)

Im assuming the halfline skill is gonna be much better considering it needs more points to access, but no one has those skills yet so cant really say for sure.

Stormwalker
Oct 11, 2012, 02:24 PM
Whether you improve one or both stances depends on your playstyle.

Do you use both stances? You might consider upgrading both of them. If you only ever use one stance or the other, you'd be better served by upgrading only that one and diving further down that stance's tree.

The optimal expenditure of points on a stance appears to be 5 points in the Stance skill and 10 points in the Stance Up skill.

Everything from there is up to you. I ended up taking both stances to 5 Stance and 10 Stance Up, but even though I get some use out of Wise (I use it a lot in Tundra, on Ragne's back legs, on Vol's tail, etc.), I spend a lot more time in Brave, so I have kind of regretted that decision and am considering buying a new tree to try the other way.

I do think getting enough of both stances to get all the weapon gear skills was a good decision, though; all three gear skills are very strong.

EDIT: As I have two FI's, I also have a build that does not have Wise Stance at all (no Double Saber gear, obviously), and therefore I can observe that 1/10 Chase Advance gives you a 110% damage multiplier vs. enemies with status effects, a very significant bonus in those situations where it can be applied (poison on your weapon, anyone?)

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 02:35 PM
Whether you improve one or both stances depends on your playstyle.

Do you use both stances? You might consider upgrading both of them. If you only ever use one stance or the other, you'd be better served by upgrading only that one and diving further down that stance's tree.

The optimal expenditure of points on a stance appears to be 5 points in the Stance skill and 10 points in the Stance Up skill.

Everything from there is up to you. I ended up taking both stances to 5 Stance and 10 Stance Up, but even though I get some use out of Wise (I use it a lot in Tundra, on Ragne's back legs, on Vol's tail, etc.), I spend a lot more time in Brave, so I have kind of regretted that decision and am considering buying a new tree to try the other way.

I do think getting enough of both stances to get all the weapon gear skills was a good decision, though; all three gear skills are very strong.

EDIT: As I have two FI's, I also have a build that does not have Wise Stance at all (no Double Saber gear, obviously), and therefore I can observe that 1/10 Chase Advance gives you a 110% damage multiplier vs. enemies with status effects, a very significant bonus in those situations where it can be applied (poison on your weapon, anyone?)

10% INCREASE?!?!?

Jesus, then if at that rate, its 100% increase at lvl 10... I am putting 10 points into poison boost on my techer sub, and maxing that thing out and getting poison on my daggers o.o

thats better than ANY stance.

also, @OP, if you dont plan on buying multiple trees, GET ALL GEARS! yes it eats your points, but its worth it! you never know when they will release a weapon you like (demolition comet, for example is one im looking forward to on fighter, even though i originally didnt want double saber gear). i also didnt think i would EVER use fists, but after getting the gear, i use them more than i thought!

Z-0
Oct 11, 2012, 03:29 PM
It's 40% at level 10.

Courina
Oct 11, 2012, 06:29 PM
good thing about brave or wise stance actually cause it affect as damage buff, not as stats buff like fury stance...

so... a force stand behind ragne neck (obviously means behind him) and use wise stance... nuff said...

only thing still confuse me... with head capable of swinging and turning around like that... how to decide what and when using those fighter stance for varder? neither stance give me damage buff on him...

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 07:21 PM
good thing about brave or wise stance actually cause it affect as damage buff, not as stats buff like fury stance...

so... a force stand behind ragne neck (obviously means behind him) and use wise stance... nuff said...

only thing still confuse me... with head capable of swinging and turning around like that... how to decide what and when using those fighter stance for varder? neither stance give me damage buff on him...

This is exactly why FI sub TE is awesome. If i wanna use spells with my daggers, brave stance 25-30% makes up the difference of damage that i would have with a wand equipped, for example, and help even further if using a wand (which idk if theres any all class wand yet?)

but yeah i just did more research on chase, and yeah 40% sounds right. but that still sounds damn good if u combine it with the techer poison ability...

except that barely any bosses can be poisoned. i donno, now comes the debate... chase whatever or somethign else? (cant get halflines, too far)

Geistritter
Oct 11, 2012, 07:30 PM
Chase is powerful but ridiculously situational. Ask yourself if anything you could Poison/Burn/Mirage/Whatever regularly was going to live much longer anyway.

As for the original topic, this question literally gets asked all the time about Fighter. To add to the "don't max out Brave/Wise Stance, just their Up equivalent" sentiment, if you're dead set on not using Double Sabers (and you shouldn't be, because Double Sabers are ridiculously good), then you may be able to justify not getting into Wise Stance, but the update has most of the interesting new skills under Wise Stance, so you may as well head down it, and pick up Double Saber Gear along the way.

I wouldn't put too many points into it, as it's not as consistently useful as Brave Stance, but it's fine in the rare instances you'll use it.

Pillan
Oct 11, 2012, 07:47 PM
Chase is a nice multiplier, but as mentioned, does not work on bosses. Subbosses, however, will die ridiculously fast. Slayer Halfline and Deadline are roughly +10 S/R-Atk per level. Personally, I would max both stances entirely before moving to the Slayer abilities, purely because multipliers are always better than static increases in the long run.

Stormwalker
Oct 11, 2012, 08:18 PM
I'd even go so far as to say I would invest points in S-ATK Up or S-DEF Up before I would spend them on the Slayer abilities. Those abilities affect your base stats, which affect the equipment you can use, which is an important consideration ESPECIALLY if you are planning on taking a hybrid type sub (i.e. FI/GU or FI/TE).

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 10:19 PM
Chase is a nice multiplier, but as mentioned, does not work on bosses. Subbosses, however, will die ridiculously fast. Slayer Halfline and Deadline are roughly +10 S/R-Atk per level. Personally, I would max both stances entirely before moving to the Slayer abilities, purely because multipliers are always better than static increases in the long run.

If theyre only +10 s-atk/r-atk (r is useless for me) per level, then i guess its not worth getting for me. I have 10/10 in s-atk up 1 and 9/10 in 2, which i would lose both of if i went for either slayer (cuz i use daggers and must have dagger gear)

in that case, looks like brave stance critical is making a shine again.... (or perhaps just holding onto the points)

sorry to veer away from the OP

Onvirtual
Oct 11, 2012, 10:21 PM
I've been wondering this two questions:

Is Weak Bullet considered.. status effect? Would it effect Chase Advance?

Pillan
Oct 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
Until someone can prove otherwise, I would assume that the Chase skills only treat the six standard elemental statuses as status effects.