PDA

View Full Version : Level cap and sub-class quests...

brian3000
Oct 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
Does anyone else find it annoying that we must complete a quest in order to increase the level cap and obtain a sub-class license?

I mean would you rather already have the sub-class and level-cap licenses rather than doing a quest to get them?

Dinosaur
Oct 11, 2012, 07:25 PM
I absolutely LOVE doing client orders to unlock in-game features

Koffee <3

Macman
Oct 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
At least the subclass order is piss easy.

Chacron
Oct 11, 2012, 07:29 PM
Not to mention its availible at a low level like 20.

DoubleCannon
I found the 90 drops to be easier than the first level cap, those just never dropped

Mike
Does anyone else find it annoying that we must complete a quest in order to increase the level cap and obtain a sub-class license?
I am not opposed to doing orders to unlock new classes or stuff. I don't like that the level cap order is recycled from the previous level cap order though.

Coatl
You can get garongos through the naberius TA.
Gilnases through the lilipan TA.
Fodorans are a pretty common spawn and I didn't have trouble finding them.

Drifting Fable
Oct 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
Yes I believe COs should be required for new content.

However, these COs could be better than simple collection or kill quests.

But this is Sega we're talking about.

Engeline
Oct 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
I heard that one of the client orders has you killing level 41+ Quartz dragon, but I was told the FF F. Continent was level 35, not 40.

BIG OLAF
Oct 11, 2012, 07:34 PM
You can get garongos through the naberius TA.
Gilnases through the lilipan TA.
Fodorans are a pretty common spawn and I didn't have trouble finding them.

Gilnas are also extremely common in the 3rd block of the 2nd Mines mission (the Lillipan Rescue one). I got all 5 of mine there in one go.

valmont
Oct 11, 2012, 07:35 PM
it kinda give a rewarding feeling. so i guess its ok as long as the CO not too hard.

Geistritter
Oct 11, 2012, 07:39 PM
It's annoying busywork as far as I'm concerned. If it involved doing something we haven't already done a billion times, something that actually added to the gameplay, then it wouldn't be a big deal, but as it stands it's just a stopgap, and absolutely nothing more.

Stormwalker
Oct 11, 2012, 08:12 PM
I played Final Fantasy XI. After that, nothing SEGA inflicts on me feels like a grind. The unlock client orders? Just a speed bump, really; a minor annoyance but no big deal.

Artificial Sky
Oct 11, 2012, 08:43 PM
It's annoying busywork as far as I'm concerned. If it involved doing something we haven't already done a billion times, something that actually added to the gameplay, then it wouldn't be a big deal, but as it stands it's just a stopgap, and absolutely nothing more.

Like killing Snow Banther and Banshee without getting hit! Or something like that.

lunarsoul
Oct 11, 2012, 08:54 PM
I just think these ridiculously tedious level cap COs is just another silly attempt that SEGA does to stall people who tend to power level and try to max out quickly. If you are casually doing this quest starting from 5 levels before the Cap, then you can get it in before you reach level 30 or 40 while advancing through the game. It only really pisses off the people who are already capped and have to endure seeing "EXP FULL" for 9 more hours than they should. Its SEGAs way of saying "thats what you get for leveling to fast" since they need to have people keep busy and interested while they take their time releasing new updates. Its feels like a chore, especially since you dont get any bonus Meseta or EXP out of it either.

moorebounce
Oct 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
I know the english patch had me playing in the Desert instead of the Mines when reading the level cap requirements. It would take you forever playing the Desert. I was in the my middle 50s when the maintenance hit.

Laxedrane
Oct 11, 2012, 09:10 PM
I played Final Fantasy XI. After that, nothing SEGA inflicts on me feels like a grind. The unlock client orders? Just a speed bump, really; a minor annoyance but no big deal.

As a fellow FFXI cast away(Well I don't know if you quit too) I feel exactly the same way!

I had a massive urge of to make an for your information topic on the horrors of XI Verse this game and how even at 2.8 million exp wasn't as bad as ffxi at any level past 50 hahaha.

Edit: In the "Good old days" Of ffxi that is.

gravityvx
Oct 11, 2012, 09:15 PM
To be honest, I don't think there should even be a level cap quest, anything else is fine. It's completely pointless to send you on a quest to get 90 low drop rate items from three planets. I mean, it took me 2 days to finally finish that shit due to logging out because of how boring it is to sit there trying to collect that crap and the frustration it gives when you see how ridiculously low the drop rate is even with a full mpa when you really want to just level but instead, stuck running around still capped gaining absolutely nothing but annoyance. As for the subclass quest, that was probably the most non retarded quest they have given koffee in a while, completely painless and simple...they need more of these. /thumbs up

But yeah, level cap quests just do not belong in this type of game, as someone above mentioned FFXI I also played that for a few years, games like that are where quests like level caps feel like they belong but as far grinding levels goes, it does not need to be as bad that game used to be. This is something where you're supposed to be able to "jump into the fun" but when I saw that quest there was definitely no smile on my face. Something more like this...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/Thatguyobliv/excaliburface.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

moorebounce
Oct 11, 2012, 09:22 PM
They should come up with a EXP bank. Once you hit the level cap it should keep count of the EXP you got after hitting the level cap. Once you do the level cap client order(s) it should actually give you that EXP.

lunarsoul
Oct 11, 2012, 09:27 PM
They should come up with a EXP bank. Once you hit the level cap it should keep count of the EXP you got after hitting the level cap. Once you do the level cap client order(s) it should actually give you that EXP.

That feels like a reward, which dosent look like a SEGA thing to do. They more like tend to punish players for playing the game too hard. "You have too much Meseta, Rare Items, and EXP you say? Well cant have that.." *restricts access to it* "Now its harder to make Meseta, obtain items in shops, and takes forever to level up... have fun."

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 09:28 PM
Trick for level cap- go to the appropriate block for hard caves, mine and forest or tundra

Find the largest MPA and farm with em. i was lucky enough to get in ones that all had the defend crystal e.code, which triggered a 4x cross burst. found enough items in 20-30 mins each zone tops. w/out the cross maybe hour each?

Mike
Oct 11, 2012, 09:29 PM
I just think these ridiculously tedious level cap COs is just another silly attempt that SEGA does to stall people who tend to power level and try to max out quickly.
These orders don't really do any stalling though. I was able to clear both the subclass and level cap quest in around five hours. For the real power levelers out there, that's nothing. It's an inconvinence but not one of any noteable scale.

Eternal255
Oct 11, 2012, 09:30 PM
If it involved doing something we haven't already done a billion times.

you must have forgotten what game you're playing xD

raiden55
Oct 11, 2012, 09:34 PM
if at least half the enemies weren't darkers that have no reason being killed...

Macman
Oct 11, 2012, 10:47 PM
if at least half the enemies weren't darkers that have no reason being killed...
Yeah, imagine not having mines, and having to deal with Desert's spawn ratio (which is like 80% darker) getting 90 drops off mechs. That's what the level 40 cap client order was like.

brian3000
Oct 15, 2012, 09:24 PM
Bottom line is that I find doing the sub-class quest is necessary but the quest for level cap is unnecessary in my opinion...

Mystil
Oct 16, 2012, 09:46 AM
Been taking my time with the level cap CO.. the drop rate in caves is bad.. Day 3 and 67/90 in that place. Subclass was easy.

The difficulty CO..that's another one I'll finish whenever.

Z-0
Oct 16, 2012, 10:44 AM
I don't mind these COs (well I still don't like them, but they're not the end of the world); my main problem with them is that they really discourage having extra characters. I wasn't happy to find out I'd have to do everything on all three of my characters, as that just meant far too much work (that I've only finished one right now).

In my opinion, someone should suggest to make specific Koffee COs account-specific rather than character, such as the level cap ones, and perhaps the difficulty unlocks, just so when an update does hit, I don't have to spend a week just doing Client Orders.

Maronji
Oct 16, 2012, 07:33 PM
I don't mind these COs (well I still don't like them, but they're not the end of the world); my main problem with them is that they really discourage having extra characters. I wasn't happy to find out I'd have to do everything on all three of my characters, as that just meant far too much work (that I've only finished one right now).

In my opinion, someone should suggest to make specific Koffee COs account-specific rather than character, such as the level cap ones, and perhaps the difficulty unlocks, just so when an update does hit, I don't have to spend a week just doing Client Orders.

I wholeheartedly agree, which is why I've only been focusing on one of my two characters for the last little while. Just barely finished the level cap CO last night (been playing rather on and off since the subclass update), and I'm not looking forward to doing it on my other character (which, on the contrary, is on another account, because I don't have the scratch to blow on AC right now).