PDA

View Full Version : Black screen after Sega logo

Solar
Oct 13, 2012, 10:52 AM
I managed to install the game but when I start the game, I only get a black screen with the cursor after the Sega logo, I don't hear any sound or anything. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

My video card is Nvidia 9600 GT.

Shirokami
Oct 13, 2012, 11:28 AM
That's weird, no error messages?
Maybe it's taking forever to load? :P
Try filechecking with the third button of the launcher~

Solar
Oct 13, 2012, 12:20 PM
Ran a filecheck, but the problem persists. And nope, no error message, it doesn't even crash. Just a black screen with the cursor, no sound. I don't think it's taking forever to load either since I think my computer would be at least making some noise then...

Shirokami
Oct 13, 2012, 01:08 PM
o.o why would your PC make any noise when loading? That wouldn't be normal >_>

Solar
Oct 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
Oh actually it would, my PC is quite noisy.

Anyway, browsing a bit, it looks like a lot of people have had this problem and aside from updating drivers, which I already did, nobody seems to have found a solution.

Shirokami
Oct 13, 2012, 05:36 PM
Weird, I also read your other thread in which the game miraculously began to work, everything on your PC is so weird xD

Solar
Oct 14, 2012, 03:59 AM
Yeah well, very rarely the loading screen seems to still get stuck on that 10%, if that happens, then I just restart the launcher. But usually, it loads pretty much right away. I hardly think it's my PC that's causing any of that, especially since I remember reading others having had such a problem as well.

Anyway, it's a shame I haven't just as miraculously gotten past that black screen after the Sega logo, even by trying a few different settings. Guess there's nothing to do but to wait those months and hope it's at least been fixed in the Western release.

Shirokami
Oct 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Western release version will be nowhere close as good as JP.
And I'd say the problem is GG if your computer froze at the black screen, but you can close the game so nothing's freezing.
I bet it's a problem with your files.

Solar
Oct 14, 2012, 12:55 PM
Western release version will be nowhere close as good as JP.

Really? What makes you think so?

Shirokami
Oct 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
Really? What makes you think so?

Do you think you'll start with all the customes level cap subclasses and features?
Also, if the game is released without restrictions of any sort in english, the community will be filled with casual tards.

Solar
Oct 14, 2012, 03:48 PM
I haven't read anywhere about such limitations on the Western release in comparison to the Japanese one, no idea how you came up with those. What reason would they have to do such a thing, anyway?

Also I didn't know the Japanese player community was absolutely perfect and had only intelligent people. But then again, I never got to play the game.

Shirokami
Oct 14, 2012, 03:57 PM
I haven't read anywhere about such limitations on the Western release in comparison to the Japanese one, no idea how you came up with those. What reason would they have to do such a thing, anyway?

Also I didn't know the Japanese player community was absolutely perfect and had only intelligent people. But then again, I never got to play the game.

Do you really think you'll get everything on the release? e.e

Solar
Oct 14, 2012, 04:03 PM
Until you give me some evidence of content being left out of the Western release, yes.

Shirokami
Oct 14, 2012, 04:26 PM
Until you give me some evidence of content being left out of the Western release, yes.

Never mind with you.

Artificial Sky
Oct 15, 2012, 03:54 PM
I'm having the same problem. I actually got the error message though. I had to end program in the task manager before it appeared though.

Since I don't know how to take a picture I'll quote it verbatim.

Phantasy Star Online 2: Windows - Application Error

The instruction at 0x01 c863f8 referenced memory at 0x00000010. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program.