PDA

View Full Version : Hunter, Fighter and Spellsword

Akuraia
Oct 14, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hunter/Fighter/Force Skill Trees (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?qBIYI2IYI2IYI2IYI2IYI2IYI2IbInqnGKs N6J00000brIGAboGFIbsN0000Ib00007b00004OI2dtqnqnJ00 00jb00000f)

Hunter in that tree is built to be a pure sub! (Added 5 more if a new SP quest comes out ) -nod nod-

As you can see on the fighter tree of the same link, if both stances can be used at once, then I think it would be best to leave those at 5 and increase the advanced ones like I did, chase advanced gives you 140% more damage to status effect donning foes, and chase bind has a 70% chance of activating at lvl 10, at lvl 5 it only has 28%, so I'm hoping for that SP quest! That's a 70% chance to bind a foe that is suffering from a status effect.... And bind itself is a status effect, so even if the first status effect wears out, you're still doing crap loads of damage on anything you bind. Crowd control k thx bye.

oh yah, btw, spells cause status effects! ;D

And finally, since closed beta I've been trying to make a spellsword type class, I tried gun mage, it's fun, but gunner is good at 1 on 1 combat, very good, but it kinda sux at crowd control, so I used AoE spells, which I hate... soooo back to the original idea, a fighter or hunter with force as a subclass. Some people have told me techter is better, but they fail to understand that I want to do both melee AND magic damage, and techter is mostly support, yes you get buffs and you get PP recharge rate while you're doing nothing. BUT if you're using double saber like I plan to, chances are, you're either whacking something or casting a spell, not just walking, and I don't see people having trouble with PP as fighters so... Anyhoo, the force build is not complete, cuz I have no clue what to do from this point on, which is why I wanted to ask the community to help here.

At level 21 hunter with lvl 40 force as a sub + lvl 8 shifta + shifta EX drink + a mag with almost 100 tech and 50 ability and photon flare + advance, I break 1000 s-attk and 1000 t.attk. I have no gear that gives me any t.attk, it's all just crappy gear with vol or gwanhada souls on there. My photon burst is based on tech damage, and I have the julius nifta digimon mag! yay! Ability type - tech hybrid, but kept my ability at 50 through trimates! And it does like 800's per tick, ish pretty kewl!

Basically I envisioned this class to hold a sword type weapon in one hand, cast magic with the other, buff themselves when needed to cast powerful spells for long range combat while making their way back towards the enemy where they switch to melee again. Which is why I'm not aiming for maximum damage in melee or magic, I'm aiming for the middle ground, and I do think I have it!

Problem is that I don't know if I should do it with hunter or with fighter, both gunslash and double saber are technically wonderful for this, and there's always the option of making fighter a sub and force as main, with nothing but gunslash! Double Sabers look a lot more fun though, cuz I like mobility, and gunslash has no gear and only one standard dodge... but hunter with fury or a fighter with brave/wise is kinda like a mage buffing themselves with melee buffs, and photon flare is like a magic buff, so it kinda fits the theme, just dunno how practical it is.... ;/

Any constructive criticism is appreciated!~ Feel free to comment, but you might not be appreciated~ ;P

Dinosaur
Oct 14, 2012, 05:10 PM
Get a Madam's Umbrella, a sword that adds S-atk and T-atk.

Akuraia
Oct 14, 2012, 05:15 PM
I don't like giant swords though, so no thank you.... and there's a gunslash already that's kinda weak and gives 50 tech damage, but yaaaaah

Carillon
Oct 14, 2012, 06:09 PM
what you describe, is what the techer is. (cast a spell, proceed to beat faces in in melee)
'cept it uses a blunt weapon instead of a sword.

Akuraia
Oct 14, 2012, 07:18 PM
I am aware of what a techter is, but I don't like blunt weapons, and techter is still a mage and very slow, it's not the same as sword game-play, which is why I'm trying to make a hybrid.

Geistritter
Oct 14, 2012, 07:41 PM
Then you're asking for advice for something only you want to do, and are better off using your own judgement; if you're not willing to take anyone else's suggestions because they don't fit your specific, pre-established role, you're probably better off not asking. What you're looking for isn't present in the game, and trying to shoehorn it in isn't effective compared to just about every other option, so you're not going to find a lot of people who don't try to structurally alter your approach to make it more effective as a whole.

Akuraia
Oct 14, 2012, 07:49 PM
Well, it doesn't matter if I'm the only person who wants to do this, there are other people who I have met in game who have done fighter/force and fighter/techter builds. Obviously what I'm looking for is experimental, the whole concept of hybrid classes and sub-classes is experimental. I am willing to take people's suggestions, but what you're suggesting is not something that has anything to do with the build and idea I presented before you. So far I've heard somebody say I should use an extremely rare weapon that I don't even like, and somebody tell me to just go play techter instead. Do you call this helpful? Do you think that I'm not listening? I'm sorry but I am listening just fine.

Don't tell me what I'm not doing and am doing sir, I'm here to ask for opinions, and suggestions, comments like yours are not welcome. Please do think before you post something meaningless. What are you here for?

Geistritter
Oct 14, 2012, 09:03 PM
To tell you your obstinance isn't going to help you much in your goal if you're really looking for advice, obviously, and now to tell you that your snippiness when someone very reasonably suggests you might want to change your approach isn't gonna do you any favors, either.

So if you're indeed here for opinions and suggestions, my opinion is that you should knock it off, and my suggestion is that you do so, or, as mentioned above, you simply forgo asking for help, because people don't appreciate it when others react to it the way you have so far.

Akuraia
Oct 14, 2012, 09:07 PM
You haven't been here for help right from the start, and my reactions to other people's suggestions have been perfectly reasonable.

Sorry but don't talk to me about attitude when you're the one waltzing in here acting so high and mighty, telling me to fix my approach and MY attitude. Please leave if you have nothing to say about the build which I proposed. People who help have my thanks, what you're doing is not helping at all.

It's very simple, if you can't understand that then there's obviously something wrong. Now then, I don't want to argue with some random person over the internet, I just want help and opinions and comments on the build, what the topic is about in the first place. Mmmmk? Simple.

Shirokami
Oct 14, 2012, 09:26 PM
How much does fury stance bonus increase?

Akuraia
Oct 14, 2012, 10:07 PM
Fury S UP 1 and 2 both increase damage done in fury stance by 50, for a total of 100 if you get both. Just attack bonus is %age so, that's more important! -nod nod- brought to my attention earlier, something I agree on!

but if you're talking about fury stance just by itself, then at lvl 10 you get 150 extra physical damage

Shirokami
Oct 14, 2012, 10:12 PM
Fury S UP 1 and 2 both increase damage done in fury stance by 50, for a total of 100 if you get both. Just attack bonus is %age so, that's more important! -nod nod- brought to my attention earlier, something I agree on!

but if you're talking about fury stance just by itself, then at lvl 10 you get 150 extra physical damage

Thanks for the info :D

Buushio
Oct 15, 2012, 07:59 AM
This post is Relephant and Amazing. I would install just to try this build.

8-)Doing it.8-)

Eternal255
Oct 15, 2012, 02:41 PM
Idk if you're completely opposed to techer but im a dagger fighter sub techer and i was kinda aiming for a similar concept as you are. Although i mostly wanted a really fast melee ability (dagger/gunslash, hell even knuckles with gear tends to work out) with the ability to cast spells (mostly dark and frost, specifically for my characters theme, but light spells as well... even falz uses grants!)

Anyway, i think it really depends on how you want to use the spells exactly. Do you plan on blasting them with spells from a distance, and when they approach you, slashing em to death, or do you plan on playing as I play, rush in there with your daggers, knife the fuck outta some mobs then blast em with ramegid, rabarta or gigrants when they surround you then pick one off and repeat?

if the latter, then force would be great with a fighter sub or main (im assuming you want main?) and i say Fighter over hunter becuz fighter has the 3rd highest t-atk out of all classes so they would be strongest in that sense.

but i highly recommend trying out techer as a subclass. ive been playing it since patch and im 44/40 atm and absolutely loving it.

gigawuts
Oct 15, 2012, 06:02 PM
Just here to say that offensive techs on force versus offensive techs on techer are massively different. Between halved casting times on fire and the lowest PP costs of all techs for zonde, plus gizonde's awesome auto-targeting for things that are in front, behind, above, and below you, as well as PP revival allowing you to recover PP while healing/S&Ding/etc. the two classes are not the same.

Akuraia
Oct 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
Idk if you're completely opposed to techer but im a dagger fighter sub techer and i was kinda aiming for a similar concept as you are. Although i mostly wanted a really fast melee ability (dagger/gunslash, hell even knuckles with gear tends to work out) with the ability to cast spells (mostly dark and frost, specifically for my characters theme, but light spells as well... even falz uses grants!)

Anyway, i think it really depends on how you want to use the spells exactly. Do you plan on blasting them with spells from a distance, and when they approach you, slashing em to death, or do you plan on playing as I play, rush in there with your daggers, knife the fuck outta some mobs then blast em with ramegid, rabarta or gigrants when they surround you then pick one off and repeat?

if the latter, then force would be great with a fighter sub or main (im assuming you want main?) and i say Fighter over hunter becuz fighter has the 3rd highest t-atk out of all classes so they would be strongest in that sense.

but i highly recommend trying out techer as a subclass. ive been playing it since patch and im 44/40 atm and absolutely loving it.

Well I'm either gonna go fighter/force or force/hunter. I was looking for a fast attacking weapon as well yes, I kinda like gunslash but it has no gear and is kinda repetitive in its game play. That kinda makes it good for using spells though since you can whack stuff and cast spells without having to worry too much on the melee part. I don't think techter is a bad class, I think it's awesome, but I don't like wands, and like I said, the way I'd build the techter tree would be to sub with force to allow for support(I originally gave up on spellsword and went full power/support with my force)

The original, original, closed beta plan was to be a quick cast force build + gunslash. Basically I went down the lightning tree, getting Just Cast and Normal cast for uncharged techs, as well as getting maxed out fire casting speed reduction and using gunslash in gun mode to regain PP fairly quickly so I can use like 5 spells in a row again. Shoot, shoot, shoot, spell, spell, spell, shoot, spell, shoot, spell, etc. Add photon flare to that and it's probably what I'm aiming for as a force. Just whacking things, and while in the midst of a combo, just blasting with magic as a part of the combo, without even charging, or charging when the enemy jumps away or something to create distance. Soooo, I'm looking at the single shot spells, none of the AOE spells unless they happen to be long range and explode like megid (shadow ball one)? Double sabers are fast attacking, or at least multi-hit. So imagine whacking things with sabers, casting spells to make it get a status effect while dealing decent magical damage, then going back to whacking. That can work too thanks to the new skills! Or the sabers themselves can have a status effect, maybe you can use photon flare and use a saber that has freeze III on it and then whack something till it freezes and then do 1k+ with freeze ignition. Iunno, there's lots of ways to play this class I think. I'm looking forward to figuring it out in the long run! I think this build might be nice if pvp ever comes out. Casting can be disrupted, and if you quick cast without charging while using melee if they try to get you and using magic if they try to run away you can pretty much be pro! :o

Akuraia
Oct 15, 2012, 07:57 PM
Just here to say that offensive techs on force versus offensive techs on techer are massively different. Between halved casting times on fire and the lowest PP costs of all techs for zonde, plus gizonde's awesome auto-targeting for things that are in front, behind, above, and below you, as well as PP revival allowing you to recover PP while healing/S&Ding/etc. the two classes are not the same.

yep! if you max out the lighting PP save skill you get - 10 on all lightning skills and thus the cheapest spells in the game would be the single shot zonde and the amazing DOT sazonde, which would both be 15 PP each and pack quite the punch if you use the DOT damage debuff and then set it off with zonde. Also both classes can use all the techs, and the offensive techs are not that different really. Techter is weaker only because it has nothing but elemental buffs. Force has elemental buffs, tech charge, just cast, normal tech advance and photon flare. Techter has more melee capabilities cuz of wands and techter has better support spells. But if you build your techter as pure support you won't have enough SP for attacks, full support techter would be nice for a sub class.

PP restorate on techter makes your standing recovery rate, at level 10, go down by 1 second for every 20PP recovered. So in other words, instead of waiting 5 seconds to recover 20PP just by standing or walking, etc, you have to wait 4 seconds to recover 20PP. While attacking, PP recovery is faster yes, but remember, it still freezes when you use any skill, and won't go up if you're charging. I don't see how that's useful, unless you're really so impatient that you can't wait 1 more second for something. PP recovers fast enough when you hit stuff.

Darki
Oct 15, 2012, 10:41 PM
I've tried to go on a similar "spellsword" build but approaching Hunter as a main and Force as the subclass. For me the might of this class would have been in the abbility to chain techs with melee, but sadly techs are so weak unless you use a proper tech weapon (Umbrella included) that I'm a bit dishearted.

Im more inclined to wait for the game to get more content and see how weapons are going to be. Currently we only have a handful of tech-friendly melee weapons, and only another handful of class-free tech weapons. I hope they add much more.

SPOnion
Oct 15, 2012, 10:59 PM
I'm using a hunter with maxed guard stance and Flash guardw with deband cut Te .The result is interesting, no much damage taken, but even less damage done...

However, I will say that with flash guard, guard stance and deband cut I basically have no worry about enemy damage even I don't play that great as an HU...besides there is resta and such...

Zorafim
Oct 15, 2012, 11:52 PM
You'll probably need to spend more time trying to figure out a viable melee/mage hybrid, than trying to figure out the best possible sub for a job. Sega did a really bad job at making hybrids work by overcomplicating their systems. Where subjobs and skill trees were supposed to add depths and variety, they just made it more complicated to stay strong.

I can help if you want to figure out the best sub for your playstyle, but I can't help with making a sub for a character concept. There just aren't enough tools to work with to make it work.

Darki
Oct 16, 2012, 01:22 AM
Well, I'm starting to think that if you do want afunctional melee/magic hybrid, going as Force main is more balanced than the opposite, but we really need more class-free weapons, seriously.

By their nature, techs can only rely in their ability to produce raw damage, while melee attacks have many more aspects to take in account. Having a character that does good melee damage and bad tech damage, in my opinion, is less balanced than one that does good tech damage and bad melee damage. Because with melee you got multiple hits, combos and other perks.

the problem with hybrids is that we have an awesome ability, which is to chaion techs with melee/shots, but unless you have a non-tech weapon with high TATK, the use of techs is negligible. I hope they add many more weapons with TATK o help with this concept, and not mock weapons that look ridiculous.

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2012, 01:34 AM
Techs are more than just damage - they also inflict status effects, have a wider range than melee, and inflict flinch.

It comes down to what you feel like doing. Some nights I'll do fi/fo, other nights I'll do fo/fi.

Darki
Oct 16, 2012, 05:14 AM
Techs are more than just damage - they also inflict status effects, have a wider range than melee, and inflict flinch.

It comes down to what you feel like doing. Some nights I'll do fi/fo, other nights I'll do fo/fi.

Status effects are not THAT useful when you're simply killing stuff in a MPA, of course they're awesome when fighting bosses, but you can also do that with melee or ranged weapons.

What I mean is that techs are just a flashy effect that do burst of damage while melee attacks are something more malleable that rely also on stunlocking, kicking away the enemy and in many cases doing less damage but hiting many times. Pairing that with the fact that melee damage is also using normal attacks, the "stream" of melee damage is also easier to pull while techs require you to empty your PP bar, go gunslash gun mode or whack things with the rod to reload PP, then do more techs.

With melee you hit weaker overall but many more times than techs, so at least for me the ilussion of "doing weak damage" is much more noticeable when having low damage with techs than with melee. Somehow I feel my damage is more balanced when I do 1000 damage with Rafoie and then I do 200 damage hits with my sword, than doing 300 damage hits with the sword and 400 with Rafoie.

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2012, 05:19 AM
I forget that literally everyone but me plays exclusively in 12 player MPA's.

Several techs do what you say. They're different mothods of similar attacks. Razan and zan are two valuable techs to have on your subpalette, and not purely for their direct damage. Razan lifts, zan penetrates and hits lots of things that your melee would not in a similar amount of time (one great application is when gwanahda has a fresh set of tentacles - zan smokes 'em, even in very hard).

Techs are about not needing to be close enough for melee. If you're close enough for melee...use melee. If you're not, well, you can't very well use melee now can you?

If all you lose when going fi/fo -> fo/fi is 33% striking damage, then I feel bad for your gear and mag.

Darki
Oct 16, 2012, 05:48 AM
I forget that literally everyone but me plays exclusively in 12 player MPA's.

Who said I do? I was putting an example, but even when I go with just one or two playmates, is not like enemies pose a real challenge that requires SEs to kill them. Most stuff dies very quickly. Of course SEs are useful, but for me they're just an extra. This game would need to be very difficult with normal monsters for SE's to shine in other situations than boss fights, and let's be honest, this game is easier than even Mario Galaxy.

Several techs do what you say. They're different mothods of similar attacks. Razan and zan are two valuable techs to have on your subpalette, and not purely for their direct damage. Razan lifts, zan penetrates and hits lots of things that your melee would not in a similar amount of time (one great application is when gwanahda has a fresh set of tentacles - zan smokes 'em, even in very hard).

Of course not all techs are the same, and fortunately they're much more dynamic that in previous versions of the franchise, but still I see that most techs rely more on raw damage than speed or number of hits, while you got melee attacks that are very varied.

Techs are about not needing to be close enough for melee. If you're close enough for melee...use melee. If you're not, well, you can't very well use melee now can you?

well, that's not really true. Several techs require you to be at melee damage. Several melee attacks have a very long range. or is not "melee" to slash a monster from further than most Gi-techs range with Sonic Arrow or Speed Rain?

When I play with a hybrid class, I guess I can't say I go for efficience, and I really like the idea of chaining techs and PAs. besides, techs use much less PP than PAs per use, you empty your PP bar with 2~4 PAs while you can do more techs with the same amount. That's why as a HU/FO I like using techs in the middle of the combo, because I get fast and cheap damage that I'll recharge in the next melee attacks.

If all you lose when going fi/fo -> fo/fi is 33% striking damage, then I feel bad for your gear and mag.

I don't really know the numbers, specially because I wasn't even talking about FI, so I'm sorry, I was just putting an example. What I wanted to say is simply that I have the feeling that is easier to bear the loss of damage for going FO/HU, than the opposite. i'd rather keep my high numbers for techs and the low ones for melee, if I had to choose.

Well, in fact I'd rather have them balanced, but we all know that word doesn't exist in SEGA's particular version of the dictionary.

Rien
Oct 16, 2012, 05:52 AM
I don't know, I'm a Fi/Fo (bolt path, and no I haven't unlocked Techer) and I love having Razan and Megid available to me. Megid for poisoning Catedrans is easier than me investing in buying a poison affixed weapon.

Akuraia
Oct 16, 2012, 09:04 AM
You all have some very interesting points and suggestions.

Darki, yes, back in closed beta I was a force main using gunslash to attack monsters and instead of using a normal attack or skill with gunslash, I'd use magic through JUST CASTING, timing my next cast, and not charging, just setting it off before going back to fighting.

It's an awesome and fast gameplay style, quick casting is great... but the damage you do kinda sux if you don't charge, the thing about being force as a main though is that you can quick cast all the time with gunslash, and switch to a rod to do lots of damage via charging when you need to. Towards the end of closed beta I was shooting with gunslash to regain PP before switching to rods for damage.

Gigawuts, yes, the idea I proposed up there has something to do with status effects, after all, fighter gets a skill that abuses monsters who are suffering from a status effect. So quick casting like darki proposed just to inflict a status effect before closing the distance and whacking with striking/melee damage, would be nice.

Zorafim, I know that I want to be a fighter main and force hybrid for the following reasons:

1. If you use force as a main, you can't use anything other than gunslash, and if you're a fighter, the skills that you get only end up raising your physical damage while in fury stance by like 200 + the just attack bonus. Gunslash has no tech damage either, so your techs suffer. Basically you'd have to use both fury and photon flare to keep your damage on both ends high. Fighter main and force hybrid is basically the same thing, except you get more physical damage as a fighter, but the same skills carry over, the result is the same, doesn't matter which class you main.

2. Fighter abuses status effects and is much more mobile, there's a big difference in which one you main, because maining as a fighter gives you access to weapons that have a unique game play style. Fighter also has the 3rd highest magic attack in the game apparently, so it looks like it was meant to have a force or techter sub class.

3. I dun like any of the fighter weapons, except partisan cuz spears are kinda kewl, naginata I should say. But partisan isn't all that great, and gunslash is repetitive, been using it since closed beta! D;

and I'm sure there's more but no time to list them all right now!

Galax
Oct 16, 2012, 12:22 PM
There's a Gunslash that gives a small 54 T-Atk boost. There is, as mentioned, a longsword that gives you some T-Atk. If you don't want to use the longsword, you're just going to have to wait for something else. From what you've said, you want a hunter weapon that gives good t-atk. That doesn't seem to really exist yet - not counting weapons you say you don't wish to use, like the Umbrella Sword. You say you really only like Partisan out of the fighter weapons...I have yet to hear of a Partisan that boosts T-atk. As to partisans not being great...PSU, I heard lots of crossbow bashing. I happily did some monster bashing with my lv21 Yak Zagenga on my Drill Launcher 4/9 while they all complained that no crossbow was powerful enough and that it was simply a one handed weaker shotgun with less bullets. You say you like Partisans? Then use them. You want to be effective like those Hunters with sword gear and Techers blasting magic all over and healing? I'm sorry, it doesn't sound like you can do that yet.

My suggestion is that you forego this build for something a little more viable until items are released that make this work out, or play this build for fun until it can work the way you like.

The above's latter suggestion is exactlly what I'm doing - I can hear how Gu/Fo is a horrible idea because blah blah low t-atk blah gunner does not hit hard enough by default...And here I am happily clearing out desert runs by spamming Gizonde and Gigrants after using my Mechgun PAs.

It's a game, not a person you can reason with. If you find running around watching everything die when you poke it is what you want to do, but you can't do that with your current build, you need to meet the game in the middle and try something a little different that lets you do that. On the game's terms. Not yours. Sorry.

Darki
Oct 16, 2012, 03:19 PM
Well, you got the Soul Eater which is a partisan that gives TATK.

Akuraia
Oct 16, 2012, 09:26 PM
There's a Gunslash that gives a small 54 T-Atk boost. There is, as mentioned, a longsword that gives you some T-Atk. If you don't want to use the longsword, you're just going to have to wait for something else. From what you've said, you want a hunter weapon that gives good t-atk. That doesn't seem to really exist yet - not counting weapons you say you don't wish to use, like the Umbrella Sword. You say you really only like Partisan out of the fighter weapons...I have yet to hear of a Partisan that boosts T-atk. As to partisans not being great...PSU, I heard lots of crossbow bashing. I happily did some monster bashing with my lv21 Yak Zagenga on my Drill Launcher 4/9 while they all complained that no crossbow was powerful enough and that it was simply a one handed weaker shotgun with less bullets. You say you like Partisans? Then use them. You want to be effective like those Hunters with sword gear and Techers blasting magic all over and healing? I'm sorry, it doesn't sound like you can do that yet.

My suggestion is that you forego this build for something a little more viable until items are released that make this work out, or play this build for fun until it can work the way you like.

The above's latter suggestion is exactlly what I'm doing - I can hear how Gu/Fo is a horrible idea because blah blah low t-atk blah gunner does not hit hard enough by default...And here I am happily clearing out desert runs by spamming Gizonde and Gigrants after using my Mechgun PAs.

It's a game, not a person you can reason with. If you find running around watching everything die when you poke it is what you want to do, but you can't do that with your current build, you need to meet the game in the middle and try something a little different that lets you do that. On the game's terms. Not yours. Sorry.

Never have I said that I want a weapon with a good t-attack, pretty sure I've been talking about photon flare all this time about boosting the t-attack that you don't have as a force or fighter or w/e.

And I only said that I like partisan for the weapon type and design, but I actually don't want to play it so, I don't know where you get the idea of me wanting to play partisan when I've been talking about gunslash and double saber all this time.

I dun give a crap about your experience with PSU, it has nothing to do with PSO2, so don't bring it up, I don't need to know.

I did not say that I wanted to be effective, in fact, my original post states that I don't want to maximize my damage, I want to achieve the middle ground and do decent damage with both tech and melee

I dun care what items are released, it's not the items that make the build, it's the skills and the game play. I could play this build with the weakest items in the whole game if I wanted to.

Rofl, sorry what? Blah blah blah? I said that gunner is perfectly good on it's own without force added to the mix. In fact gunner is very overpowered and can dish out a crap load of damage with multiple combos that can be used for anything. It's so powerful that there's no point in using techs other than support.

I'm perfectly being reasonable within my build calculations, I'm working with that the game has to offer me and put lots of time and trying to figure out a way to make this work.

Next time, read the whole post, all the pages, and the original post before you even bother uttering a single word. Everything you have managed to spew out on this page is useless and pathetic. It irritates me to see somebody so ignorant sit on a high chair and assume that everything they say is utter truth that cannot be argued against.

Education is important, try reading next time. Essential skill right there. You need it. Use it.

holmwood
Oct 16, 2012, 09:54 PM
Do you think inflicting status effects by weapons is more effective than by techs? I want to try this status abusing fighter. @_@

somd
Oct 16, 2012, 10:04 PM
To be really effective i think its best to focus solely on one element you like most, and max that section of the tree as best you can. Also, having a hybrid mag and equips will help balance strike and tech damage.. That being said it may cost you a bit of AC and meseta to get the right setup, cause lets face it no one really built their skill trees or mags\equips with hybrid in mind.

Coatl
Oct 16, 2012, 10:06 PM
Do you think inflicting status effects by weapons is more effective than by techs? I want to try this status abusing fighter. @_@

Depends on the weapon and PAs.
An assault rifle, daggers or double sabers can inflict status conditions far more easily than say, a sword or launcher would. This is because of the number of hits the weapon lands per second.

Rien
Oct 16, 2012, 10:46 PM
The 10-star Madam Umbrella requires 534 (538? 583?) T-attack and provides quite a bit itself.

Of course, it's 10-star, so don't expect to see it too soon...

Akuraia
Oct 17, 2012, 01:01 AM
Depends on the weapon and PAs.
An assault rifle, daggers or double sabers can inflict status conditions far more easily than say, a sword or launcher would. This is because of the number of hits the weapon lands per second.

That's true, but the higher the spell level the higher the chance of a status effect occurring. Surprise, Surprise! Ice spells have the highest freeze status proc rate, barta and ra-barta I think, the single arrow and the circle aoe ones, both have 30% chance to freeze enemies. I wonder if adding freeze boost on weapons increases that spell chance? And if you max out freeze boost on the ice tree you get 10% more, which probably doesn't stack, so that would be a total of 33% chance to freeze with an ice spell. Soooooo, I'd probably get a double saber with freeze III and use ice spells, you need photon flare to get tech damage, so you're going down the ice tree anyway! Photon flare + freeze ignition turns into a free 1k damage at lvl 5 freeze ignition at my level, which is 23 hunter/40 force atm. Which means when I find time to play pso2 in my busy schedule and unlock fighter and actually level it, I'll be doing more. Poison spells only have a 22% chance of poisoning, so being a techter and spending 10 points into 10% poison boost won't help much....

My mag is level 147, with 97 tech and 50 ability. So it's useful for a fighter/force class for sure.

PS: Like I said before, that chase advance skill that was just added, at lvl 10, it gives 140% more striking damage to enemies that are suffering from a status ailment. Maxing out chase bind gives you 70% chance to bind the enemy that's under a status ailment, and bind itself is a status ailment.... SO, just one status ailment is all it takes to keep doing a lot of damage. Imagine using a double saber and spinning all over the battlefield. You freeze enemies and you bind them, total control of the battlefield. Or poison and bind, that works too ;P

Rien
Oct 17, 2012, 01:03 AM
Launcher + Cracker Bullet can poison/shock/burn/panic pretty easily.

Akuraia
Oct 17, 2012, 01:11 AM
Launcher + Cracker Bullet can poison/shock/burn/panic pretty easily.

lol well, if weak bullet counts as a status effect, that chase advance will be OP for sure. I built my ranger with bind bullet and stun grenade as well as weak bullet, so if all rangers didn't focus on nothing but weak point damage and did stuff like me, then lol, we'd have more status effects. And yah, you don't have to be the one to cause the status effect, your teammates can do that stuff too, and you can switch targets to something that's poisoned or burning just to do extra damage to it!

LordChampion
Oct 17, 2012, 01:19 AM
I made a new character with Hybrid Hu/Fo in mind because it seems like it would be fun. All this other shit you guys are talking about, meh. When did "effective" replace "awesome super fun times?"

Rien
Oct 17, 2012, 01:25 AM
I made a new character with Hybrid Hu/Fo in mind because it seems like it would be fun. All this other shit you guys are talking about, meh. When did "effective" replace "awesome super fun times?"

Have you tried Fi/Te or Fi/Fo?

Dagger flying with your Zan is pretty awesome.

Akuraia
Oct 17, 2012, 07:50 AM

I know, it's kinda sad but, somebody has to go through the trouble of analyzing everything and making a build that people can read and follow or at least use as a template. I really want people to be having fun playing this class, but I'm OCD when it comes to player classes and skills and builds, I want everything perfect. Nobody likes playing a hybrid to experiment and then be frustrated about not being able to do enough damage or looking back at their skills and realizing that they could have done something different and more effective, thus having to buy AC to get it. Or maybe that's just me, iunno~

I shall struggle a bit more.~ ;P

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BPKDKw8R_lo/TfihuOlIrNI/AAAAAAAAHgE/PikEtvxEQ3k/s1600/Elsword_RuneSlayer_by_%2525EC%252584%2525B8%2525EB %2525A5%2525B4%2525EB%2525B0%252594%2525ED%25258B% 2525B0.jpg

Acel
Oct 18, 2012, 04:30 AM
Im playing a Sword Hunter / Techer (dark element specialization/poison weapon affixes/poison ignition, 130-140 PP sonic arrow spam build) and Dagger Fighter / Force (fire element specialization/burn/fire quick cast) and having so much fun. Just listen to the stuff people say with a pinch of salt and play whatever you want IMO.

Ps: wished Sa Zonde would proc with Lightning element weapons... sigh~ (will continue to dream for that day it would)