PDA

View Full Version : Sword Art Online

Zipzo
Oct 15, 2012, 12:06 AM
Just loving this anime. I will not go and read the novels as I do not want to spoil any of it. The direction it's taking halfway through the series is just mind-blowing.

I rarely like anime, and when I do I'm incredibly picky but this anime has had me hooked since episode 1, and I love the very seamless mix of drama, action, and light-hearted fun. It's not cheesy (like fairy tail) and it has very real concepts in a lot of the episodes that can either really jerk tears or really get you thinking (especially in regards to MMORPG's, haha).

Any other SAO fans?

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 12:32 AM
It really should've ended that last episode...

Admittedly though, that coma wedding rapist pedophile does piss me off. So that makes him a good villian.

Zipzo
Oct 15, 2012, 03:15 PM
See, I actually thought "Wait, did they just truncate the plan and end the series here?". Everything about it screamed final episode. However...bringing up the new episode, new intro...I was actually excited. To see the action progress beyond SAO. I'm glad they brought in the cousin as well. Never have I geeked out so much over an anime, it's absurd.

CelestialBlade
Oct 15, 2012, 03:22 PM
Just starting it myself, pretty neat. It's like a darker .hack with less confusion. Has a good balance of everything.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 03:37 PM
Seriously though, I don't want a perverted pedo monster allowed access to the same room as my coma virtual waifu.

How is he gonna go in the game again and look for her without having to worry about getting coma netorare'd?

Also they seemed to have stepped up the fantasy image... In a bad way in my opinion, everyone being elves now doesn't help.

Sephirah
Oct 15, 2012, 03:44 PM
I just started watching this as well and it's pretty cool.

I've also got another anime sitting on the back-burner that sounds like it's in the same vein. Accel World, if anyone is interested.
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVeikbCU43E[/spoiler-box]

Zipzo
Oct 15, 2012, 03:52 PM

I've also got another anime sitting on the back-burner that sounds like it's in the same vein. Accel World, if anyone is interested.

I finished Accel World and it doesn't hold a candle to SAO. It's neat, but it's a little bit too cliche and cheesey, dialogue especially (dialogue is very "Brock" in that they explain every little detail, they leave no stone un-turned to jog your curiousity). Also the main character is not quite as like-able as Kirito unfortunately, although Yukihime is pretty parallel in cool factor to Asuna. In the end none of the issues ever progress past superficial first world high school problems. SAO made that impossible off the bat by making death an element of the game.

There is also very little actual drama in Accel World that legitamately grips you. It's heavy on the action and dialogue, light on plot and actual substance. SAO is way deeper.

If you've watched episode 3 of SAO and didn't at least have a sour face on by the end of it you aren't human.

I've seen a little preview of the elven stuff and I'm sure there's a reason for it (IE different game, same network with those still logged to SAO), we'll have to see. So far I have much faith in the series to put good foundation in to what it does.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 15, 2012, 04:11 PM

[spoiler-box]Accel World Opening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVeikbCU43E)[/spoiler-box]

AW sucks if you ask me. The first 12 episodes were awesome but the whole second 12 epsiodes really made me start to hate it. I did watch it till the end in hope for a 3rd season/arc but without any lucky, it just ended after 24 episodes. I really hated that stuff with Dusk Taker, and it takes alot for me to dislike a anime, cause so far any I seen is awesome to me.

SAO however is something I really loved watching, more then anything else, but I also have my doubts how its turning out now with the last episode. I'm also not sure if I can get used to the elf idea and a second world. Kiroto doesnt look badass anymore and thats what I liked so much about him, hes just some happy chibi elf now. And then there is Asuna...I just like he alot so I don't like this force mariage stuff either...Why didn't Kiroto just punch him in the face and be done with it.

Edit: Most members in my Team on PSO2 are SAO fans and we wait patiently every saturday for a new episode, aside for one person who gets it a few hours earlier due to being subcribed to CrunchyRoll...what an ass :3

Sephirah
Oct 15, 2012, 04:11 PM
I finished Accel World and it doesn't hold a candle to SAO. It's neat, but it's a little bit too cliche and cheesey, dialogue especially (dialogue is very "Brock" in that they explain every little detail, they leave no stone un-turned to jog your curiousity). Also the main character is not quite as like-able as Kirito unfortunately, although Yukihime is pretty parallel in cool factor to Asuna. In the end none of the issues ever progress past superficial first world high school problems. SAO made that impossible off the bat by making death an element of the game.

There is also very little actual drama in Accel World that legitamately grips you. It's heavy on the action and dialogue, light on plot and actual substance. SAO is way deeper.

If you've watched episode 3 of SAO and didn't at least have a sour face on by the end of it you aren't human.

I've seen a little preview of the elven stuff and I'm sure there's a reason for it (IE different game, same network with those still logged to SAO), we'll have to see. So far I have much faith in the series to put good foundation in to what it does.

Ah like I said it's just sitting on my back-burner so I haven't actually watched it yet. If you wanna see an anime that will make you cringe and is also amazing, check out Speed Grapher. :) This one I have seen the whole series of and can put my stamp of approval on. (Has nothing to do with videogames though)

Mantiskilla
Oct 15, 2012, 07:13 PM
Haven't watched an anime in quite some time nor do they really interest me anymore, but it sounds like this is a .hack clone or something

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 07:16 PM
Haven't watched an anime in quite some time nor do they really interest me anymore, but it sounds like this is a .hack clone or something

Nah, not nearly as boring or talky I mean I still think this anime is stupid, but that's exactly why I watch it.

Dot hack is like "yap yap yap yap yap magical hackers can't log out has nothing to do with videogames."

Sword art is like "If you die in the game... YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE!! /emo anime drama while forgetting to take a videogame too seriously even if you die for real in it. D;"

Zipzo
Oct 15, 2012, 09:07 PM
This thread reminded me of all of the "Kirito/kirito"s Ive seen in PSO2 since it started airing. They all seem to use Gunbureido, Illusion Rave (Not double wabers, just Illusion Rave), or Twin Daggers too.

That said, I watched it and it was mostly just for hilarity value. Never mind that the game (SAO) itself is extremely bad, the whole dying IRL thing aside. I also really hate Gary Stu's.

Nice soundtrack though.

What, might I ask, is so hilarious about it?

Nothing about the series is so overly done that it's borderline comedy. I'm being honest in asking what exactly you found was so easy to laugh at. Accel World however is a good example of this concept done to hilarity...Sword Art Online takes itself more seriously.

Also...you play PSO2...and you call a virtual reality fantasy MMORPG a bad game...

@Rock

I'm not sure how that's the vibe you're getting. All the way to the current episode since episode 3 he is constantly haunted by those who's deaths he still feels responsible for, I don't see in the slightest how death has not been taken seriously so far.

Even in 14 they have an entire conversation at how their losses are much too severe. I don't know man. They are always doing the anime wide-eye-d "guh" at death constantly.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 09:39 PM
Wait you don't find SAO hilarious?

How long have you been watching anime?

edit: exhibit A: http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/GenerationMichaeru/Sword-Art-Online_4_zps4eabd338.gif

And yes Kirito is god tier gary stu.

And have you seen the side characters? "LOL THIS GAME I FUN! *could die tomorrow*" In Accel World(Same makers, even) people don't even die, yet someone breaks out into tears every episode and they take their game a trillion times more seriously. Of course that anime was hilarious too.

Zipzo
Oct 15, 2012, 10:23 PM
Wait you don't find SAO hilarious?

How long have you been watching anime?

edit: exhibit A: http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/GenerationMichaeru/Sword-Art-Online_4_zps4eabd338.gif

And yes Kirito is god tier gary stu.

And have you seen the side characters? "LOL THIS GAME I FUN! *could die tomorrow*" In Accel World(Same makers, even) people don't even die, yet someone breaks out into tears every episode and they take their game a trillion times more seriously. Of course that anime was hilarious too.

What is so hilarious about a poor soul committing suicide because all of his friends were killed in but a fleeting moment? I don't find anything funny in that at all.

Kirito is not god tier. He spends most of his time in lower levels gallivanting around, so that impression may be implied to those who aren't aware of that. It's made very clear that he is lazy on the front lines and prefers to just live life to the fullest each day (the episode where he's relaxing on the grass on the games "nicest weather setting"), while soloing to level up when he feels like it.

He is almost killed by a random elite (he and Asuna) in a dungeon that he and her out-leveled, and only survived because of hax from the cardinal glitch. He most certainly could not have taken skull reaper by himself.

I've watched Accel world in complete, and the only thing I find hilarious right now is how you can actually make comparisons in the tone of the stories between the two. Accel world is just...cheese. It's all high school drama. SAO is...well it's life or death. Love and loss.

I just question your ability to interpret complex themes in entertainment. It's one thing to not like it out of preference but I feel as though your credibility takes a dip by saying it's identical to Accel World. Yes...they could die tomorrow...but what are you meaning to imply? They should be living from day to day in fear? To be honest I would be motivated to become stronger, to fight for the cause. There are plenty of players in SAO who have found comfort in just raising their fishing, or doing crafting skills, or heck, a lot of the kids who happened to be logged in simply are still in the lvl 1 town of beginnings living at the orphanage. When you've been in the world for 2 years...what is reality? That is their world.

You could die tomorrow IRL, I don't see why it changes anything that they are in a fantasy world.

I won't deny that Kirito is a typical male anime hero character, with virtually the same spoken moral values of any other anime male hero character...but that's generally just something I've come to accept from anime in general. It's either that or some kind of anti-hero that you love to hate and hate to love, but if you remember they sort of ran that theme in the first couple episodes (remember, Kirito is a "beater"). It was a big deal when he parties up with Asuna (for the 2nd time) because he's always been known as a solo player. He's always been somewhat anti-social in that regard. He refused to join a guild, and even refused to level with Klein right off the bat even though they clicked.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 10:25 PM
omglolyou'reseriousOMFGlol

You were a beater...??

/They call beta testers beaters.

/over dramatic silly barely relevant suicide by jumping off a cliff in a videogame

Zipzo
Oct 15, 2012, 10:33 PM
omglolyou'reseriousOMFGlol

You were a beater...??

/They call beta testers beaters.

/over dramatic silly barely relevant suicide by jumping off a cliff in a videogame

You're misfiring.

I'm quite positive the suicide came as a result of the news of his friends deaths, not the fact that Kirito was a beta tester.

Plenty of people IRL have committed suicide for less extreme events than all of their friends dying in one day, so I don't see how it's over dramatic.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 10:45 PM
You're misfiring.

I'm quite positive the suicide came as a result of the news of his friends deaths, not the fact that Kirito was a beta tester.

Plenty of people IRL have committed suicide for less extreme events than all of their friends dying in one day, so I don't see how it's over dramatic.

Yes but in a way implying kirito being a beater had anything to do with their deaths and instantly stepping off a building without a second thought-

No, nevermind I'm not arguing about why this anime has weak "themes" or it's bad rushed anime minimized compared to light novels writing. Or any other of it's typical post 2003 anime bullshit, I'm sorry you were raised in an environment to become the type of person that watch this anime other than it's concept and how hilarious it from from it's cheesiness... D:

Zipzo
Oct 15, 2012, 10:58 PM
Yes but in a way implying kirito being a beater had anything to do with their deaths and instantly stepping off a building without a second thought-

No, nevermind I'm not arguing about why this anime has weak "themes" or it's bad rushed anime minimized compared to light novels writing. Or any other of it's typical post 2003 anime bullshit, I'm sorry you were raised in an environment to become the type of person that watch this anime other than it's concept and how hilarious it from from it's cheesiness... D:

Anybody who actually understands the concept of debate will tell you that this is essentially the equivalent of "throwing" the argument.

You state nothing of actual fact. Just imply that my preference is flawed (attacked how I was raised???). Not that I really expect anything more influential from you.

They didn't imply that it had anything to do with his death. It was perfectly implied that his suicide came as a result of the horrible news. There's pretty much no other way to interpret it. The fact you have difficulty understanding this is really perplexing, and really helps to shine a light on why your perception of the show is so...incorrect and malformed. If that's the first way you understood those chain of events, it's easy to see how you might have easily had gaping misunderstandings about a multitude of other scenes/events that happened.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 11:14 PM
Anybody who actually understands the concept of debate will tell you that this is essentially the equivalent of "throwing" the argument.

You state nothing of actual fact. Just imply that my preference is flawed (attacked how I was raised???). Not that I really expect anything more influential from you.

They didn't imply that it had anything to do with his death. It was perfectly implied that his suicide came as a result of the horrible news. There's pretty much no other way to interpret it. The fact you have difficulty understanding this is really perplexing, and really helps to shine a light on why your perception of the show is so...incorrect and malformed. If that's the first way you understood those chain of events, it's easy to see how you might have easily had gaping misunderstandings about a multitude of other scenes/events that happened.

Throwing an argument? If that means I'm saying "lol this argument is dumb" then yeah I believe that's exactly what I'm doing.

You can add things I say on a whim to your imaginary court record and use it for a debate on why you think this simple minded anime should be taken seriously, but it's just going to result in me trolling you over it.

Resanoca
Oct 16, 2012, 01:03 AM
If you wanna see an anime that will make you cringe and is also amazing, check out Speed Grapher. :) This one I have seen the whole series of and can put my stamp of approval on. (Has nothing to do with videogames though)
Ahaha. Speed Grapher was nice. The entire idea was rather interesting. Though uh...was I the only one that saw a gender bent Dante? Also, Bob. Who doesn't like Bob?:|

Nitro Vordex
Oct 16, 2012, 01:44 AM
Speed Grapher was amazing, absolutely loved that anime.

Resanoca
Oct 16, 2012, 02:11 AM
Speed Grapher was amazing, absolutely loved that anime.I was actually pleased with the ending. Unlike the last few Gonzo related stuff. ;3;

Zipzo
Oct 16, 2012, 02:29 AM
Throwing an argument? If that means I'm saying "lol this argument is dumb" then yeah I believe that's exactly what I'm doing.

You can add things I say on a whim to your imaginary court record and use it for a debate on why you think this simple minded anime should be taken seriously, but it's just going to result in me trolling you over it.

Well...yes, it is indeed dumb that you would suggest some of the things that you have. I personally see no argument in it as it were because I find your perception of the scene in question to be upside down & blatantly wrong, so any argument out of that is simply illustrating your misunderstanding.

Maybe watch it again? I don't know. Explain why he anime shouldn't be taken seriously. I do not see any signs that should lead any intelligent individual to believe that it's meant to be comedy, even accidentally interpreted as such.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 16, 2012, 08:38 AM
How bout less arguing in topic (PM's ftw?) and more talking about SAO?

Jakosifer
Oct 16, 2012, 12:20 PM
The NTR jerk managed to make my skin crawl more than when I read it a while back. Quite the feat...

Hoping to see mah Zekken.. >_>

NoiseHERO
Oct 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
How bout less arguing in topic (PM's ftw?) and more talking about SAO?

Gurl, saying "Stop arguing" after Rock Eastwood says he's done with a dumb argument is just instigating.

@ Zipzo, what I said wasn't dumb, just the part about you taking a chance to argue for it. To be fair if you were anyone else I would LOVE go into detail about why this anime is incredibly silly and why it can't be taken seriously at all unless you've only started watching anime a year ago and you think anything with giant eyes is top quality shit.

But you know, I've seen your little argument history and I want nothing to do with all of that BS.

The only credit I can give this anime is the really interesting MMO game concept. That in my opinion did a way better job than .hack's or any other manga/anime I've seen that used the similar MMO concept (only like a handful) and the 2nd season's villian being a total creep that makes me hate him. Which did a good job... at making me hate a villian.

@ ce'nedra again: SEE??

BIG OLAF
Oct 16, 2012, 12:43 PM
I see Zipper makes his return to active posting in the only way he knows how. Dee-lishus.

Zipzo
Oct 16, 2012, 02:53 PM
Gurl, saying "Stop arguing" after Rock Eastwood says he's done with a dumb argument is just instigating.

@ Zipzo, what I said wasn't dumb, just the part about you taking a chance to argue for it. To be fair if you were anyone else I would LOVE go into detail about why this anime is incredibly silly and why it can't be taken seriously at all unless you've only started watching anime a year ago and you think anything with giant eyes is top quality shit.

But you know, I've seen your little argument history and I want nothing to do with all of that BS.

The only credit I can give this anime is the really interesting MMO game concept. That in my opinion did a way better job than .hack's or any other manga/anime I've seen that used the similar MMO concept (only like a handful) and the 2nd season's villian being a total creep that makes me hate him. Which did a good job... at making me hate a villian.

@ ce'nedra again: SEE??But that's just it, I don't just like any anime. I'm actually very particular (picky) about anime. I rarely get in to and complete an anime series. The last series I actually managed to go through and enjoy was Fullmetal Alchemist (do you also find that one silly and post 2004 big-eyed nonsense?).

I just plain have very specific things I look for in an anime if it's going to hook me, and SAO happens to have all of those things. If this were simply me being "newb" at anime (which it's not, I've been watching all kinds of different anime, old and new since I first started watching Pokemon/Digimon in elementary school, those were my "newb" animes, and maybe DBZ), then why would I be absolutely relentless in my refusal to get in to basically all of the series that are so popular today?

SAO had something that hooked me, and it wasn't the big anime eyes. I'd outline it for you but I doubt you'd care for the details.

SAO is different, it just is...and to be honest I'm more sad for you that you can't see it the way I do. Oh, but then you'd just like everything with big eyes? ....Except not...

NoiseHERO
Oct 16, 2012, 03:00 PM
Nah I just find FMA boring in general.

I've been through like hundreds of animes and mangas since I was like 4 years old.

Way I see it, I could take Naruto more seriously than this anime.

Zipzo
Oct 16, 2012, 03:08 PM
Nah I just find FMA boring in general.

I've been through like hundreds of animes and mangas since I was like 4 years old.

Way I see it, I could take Naruto more seriously than this anime.

Now you're trollin', and like I said, the picture just gets clearer

NoiseHERO
Oct 16, 2012, 03:11 PM
No that one I was serious, I could seriously take naruto more seriously than SAO.

and I HATE naruto. But actually LIKE SAO enough to watch.

Zipzo
Oct 16, 2012, 04:07 PM
No that one I was serious, I could seriously take naruto more seriously than SAO.

and I HATE naruto. But actually LIKE SAO enough to watch.

So episode 3, the on we're discussing for example...

All that stuff happens. He gets the message at Christmas from Sachi and she sings...the song. Which also happens to be the name of the episode. You basically had no idea why the episode was called that up until that scene.

I don't know dude, that kind of artistic full circle stuff does not happen often in the cheesey animes. I haven't the slightest clue how you'd have it in you to find it funny, or comedic. That episode was just plain sad, depressing. In a good way.

NoiseHERO
Oct 16, 2012, 04:38 PM
So episode 3, the on we're discussing for example...

All that stuff happens. He gets the message at Christmas from Sachi and she sings...the song. Which also happens to be the name of the episode. You basically had no idea why the episode was called that up until that scene.

I don't know dude, that kind of artistic full circle stuff does not happen often in the cheesey animes. I haven't the slightest clue how you'd have it in you to find it funny, or comedic. That episode was just plain sad, depressing. In a good way.

Wait, why are you talking MORE about that episode now, then putting words in my mouth to try and get me to argue with you...? You just need someone to talk to, don't you? e_e;;;

Like I said, more than happy to leave troll responses than to give you legit reasons for my thoughts on this anime.

How about this, if you can somehow get someone else that feels the same way about this anime that you do to post in this thread, I'll talk to/argue with THEM about what I think about it and you can add your little opinion on the side. But you? Nah...

/See's if zipzo can use team work, assuming he has anyone to use teamwork with. Maybe you can switch with Asuna...

Sayara
Oct 16, 2012, 04:47 PM
This thread reminded me of all of the "Kirito/kirito"s Ive seen in PSO2 since it started airing. They all seem to use Gunbureido, Illusion Rave (Not double wabers, just Illusion Rave), or Twin Daggers too.

That said, I watched it and it was mostly just for hilarity value. Never mind that the game (SAO) itself is extremely bad, the whole dying IRL thing aside. I also really hate Gary Stu's.

Nice soundtrack though.

Thats because its 梶浦由記 and she NEVER does bad music,

I tried to watch it but fell off past ep 2. The christmas one was a good idea but thats about it.

Zipzo
Oct 16, 2012, 05:00 PM
Wait, why are you talking MORE about that episode now, then putting words in my mouth to try and get me to argue with you...? You just need someone to talk to, don't you? e_e;;;

Like I said, more than happy to leave troll responses than to give you legit reasons for my thoughts on this anime.

How about this, if you can somehow get someone else that feels the same way about this anime that you do to post in this thread, I'll talk to/argue with THEM about what I think about it and you can add your little opinion on the side. But you? Nah...

/See's if zipzo can use team work, assuming he has anyone to use teamwork with. Maybe you can switch with Asuna...
I was illustrating an example of why I think there's more thought to this anime than your typical "Naruto"-esque go-on-forever anime series, I wasn't changing the subject.

Crysteon
Oct 16, 2012, 05:09 PM
Using the name of an episode in the middle of a dialogue as the episode itself develops is a really old narrative resource. But yeah...SAO is some tragic anime, but not really impressive at all.

NoiseHERO
Oct 16, 2012, 05:35 PM
I was illustrating an example of why I think there's more thought to this anime than your typical "Naruto"-esque go-on-forever anime series, I wasn't changing the subject.

Naruto has probably done what SAO has at least 20 times... LOL

Ce'Nedra
Oct 17, 2012, 07:16 AM

@ Zipzo *wall o text*

@ ce'nedra again: SEE??

Mission Succes :D

Zipzo
Oct 17, 2012, 02:53 PM
Using the name of an episode in the middle of a dialogue as the episode itself develops is a really old narrative resource. But yeah...SAO is some tragic anime, but not really impressive at all.P-sure that if you take in to account that it was the song sung to him in a message left before she actually died, meant to reach him during Christmas when it would be relevant, I'm pretty sure not only are you over-simplifying what they wove in that episode, but you are also showing a lack of proper interpretation.

You have zero inclination to believe that Christmas will or even be close to passing when the name of that episode flashes the screen. You immediately know why the episode is called that the moment she says "I'd like to sing a song..." at the very end. This is after an episode of character building and lots of conceptual discussions about death and other related things...

It's full circle artistry. To fit all those emotions and story so compactly in to 24 minutes give or take is great scripting.

Weeaboolits
Oct 20, 2012, 05:30 PM
I did not watch the animu, but I did read a little bit of the manga. I was not terribly impressed.

I will agree that Speed Grapher is definitely worth watching, though.

Zipzo
Oct 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
I did not watch the animu, but I did read a little bit of the manga. I was not terribly impressed.

I will agree that Speed Grapher is definitely worth watching, though.I'm holding off from reading any manga because I just don't want to spoil the show for myself.

Mysterious-G
Oct 21, 2012, 02:03 PM
Reading the novels - which after all are the source material - will let you get the most out of SOA. They are amazingly well written and the available translations are absolutely doing the job for us gaijins.

I would say the anime is fanservice to those who have read the novels more than anything else since the animation, art direction and soundtrack all make for a beautiful composition. Since they almost only included sidestories (so far), though, you cannot really speak of the anime as a coherent experience; the story is kind of all over the place.

Reading the manga in this case, put simply, probably is the way to make the worst of SOA.

LionHeart-
Oct 22, 2012, 02:15 PM
Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Just started to watch episode one and I'm loving it already. Just feels so true and its like all of us gamers already have a one to one connection with it. Sometimes I feel this is where Sega is trying to lead Phantasy Star Online 2 and this show completely reminds me of PSO/2. In the future though, something of this magnitude could be quite possible.

I lol'd at the beginning when he logs on and the nub confronts him. We have all been here, where we just wanted to go off on our own travels for the day, but a new person asks for help and we can't escape XD! They inevitably becomes your biggest ally and greatest gift as we further adventure deeper into the game.

I wasn't expecting the twist of actually using the real life person as the avatar, that was pretty cool. But at least it stops all the deceiving and actually grounds you in a way, so you don't do something stupid because you're a superficial avatar of yourself and get yourself killed in both worlds. The artwork, animation and music is pretty awesome if I say so myself. I've been anime deprived for so long, so probably why I am so excited lol!

Thanks again for this! :D

Genoa
Nov 9, 2012, 06:03 PM
Loved it, I feel they had a good grip on how people would actually react if it were a modern scenario.

With the exception of the part where... you die in the game you die in real life... I would love to try SAO if it was a real VRMMORPG :D

Keilyn
Nov 10, 2012, 08:58 AM
Reminds me more of dot hack. It doesn't feel original because of how deep I was involved in the dot hack games.

Pirrip
Nov 10, 2012, 09:07 AM
I'm only a few episodes into Sword Art Online and loving it so far...

But let me throw this out there while I'm here, Fun Fact:
Phantasy Star Online is cited as inspiration for .hack//sign

SageMaster
Nov 12, 2012, 08:22 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9114/4g4i9zyq.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
I had to.

Jakosifer
Dec 2, 2012, 01:06 PM
So...

How about that new SAO? :wacko:

Ce'Nedra
Dec 3, 2012, 08:22 AM
Still love it, the emotions are just as heavy though there is no death penalty now when you die.

I do miss the characters like Silica, Agil, Klein and Liz though...Only 1 episode kinda where they appear (the girls then)..I'm sure they didn't introduce them just for merely one episode and they got more roles in the novel...maybe I should read it... *Sudders at the thought of reading non manga*

Also incest :o