PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone locking their MPAs

DemonDante92
Oct 15, 2012, 10:22 AM
It's incredibly annoying and frustrating seeing EVERY single mission locked and making it harder to find a good MP

Arika
Oct 15, 2012, 10:24 AM
It is harder to find an good MPA when it is not locking, since people join into your map and run pass you to boss <,<

Locked pt = separate MPA room to boss rush room.

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2012, 10:25 AM
It's incredibly annoying and frustrating seeing EVERY single mission locked and making it harder to find a good MP

Apparently it's to "keep out" all the people who don't want to do MPAs, and just want to boss rush or whatever.

I find it really annoying, myself.

since people join into your map and run pass you to boss <,<

That doesn't happen nearly as often as you'd like to believe it does. A vast majority of people don't boss rush. I've been in plenty of MPAs that weren't locked, but were still "good".

Alenoir
Oct 15, 2012, 10:30 AM
If people are actually in for the MPA, have it locked, and is actually looking for others to MPA in, the password to the MPA is usually in the parent party's description.

Otherwise... They're probably locked for a reason.

Z-0
Oct 15, 2012, 10:35 AM
I find boss rushing happens more often than I'd like, that being nearly everytime. Joined a Desert game yesterday -> Half the party went to fight the Gwana in hopes for a Demolition Comet drop. Same deal in forest, half the party went to the Rockbears hoping for Yasminkovs. :/ If you're boss rushing, why don't you MPA lock your party? It doesn't bother anyone that way who's trying to get a solid MPA together.

I find that locked MPAs are becoming a little more scarce though, due to the MPA restrictions due to this new patch. :/ But this might be my timezone; JP Primetime is when I'm sleeping / at college.

I'll also add many locked MPAs are boss rushes, so they're not bothering other maps.

DemonDante92
Oct 15, 2012, 10:35 AM
Well if people want an MPA for efficiency then they should put the PW in the description. Or not make it so only "Friends and Team members" can join

Z-0
Oct 15, 2012, 10:38 AM
That's what most locked MPAs do. ._. It's just some people who join the locked MPAs don't bother putting the pass in their description and leave it empty.

Also I'm pretty sure you can Friends Only / Team Members Only rooms as a separate party.

Agitated_AT
Oct 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
This game is in conflict with itself, that's why.

jooozek
Oct 15, 2012, 11:04 AM
If you don't password lock the whole MPA (and select the second radio button), anyone [with NPCs] who creates a party [to boss rush] joins your MPA if there is free slots. You marking your party as Friend or Team only doesn't change that, people will still be assigned to your MPA. Generally speaking, it's to plow out all the inconsiderate people while allowing you to join at only the cost of reading the description of the comment.

Inazuma
Oct 15, 2012, 11:33 AM
If you want to do MPA and do it well, you have to set passwords on every party. This keeps out random people (and NPCs) who have other goals.

I would still like to have some dedicated MPA lobby blocks. For being the best thing in the game, it's a hassle to set up correctly.

Skyly HUmar
Oct 15, 2012, 11:38 AM
I would still like to have some dedicated MPA lobby blocks. For being the best thing in the game, it's a hassle to set up correctly.

Yeah X.x. I mean, sometimes I can find a nice mpa but honestly, Its difficult to find a room where everyone sticks together and is there to actually grind.

Griffin
Oct 15, 2012, 12:05 PM
Behind the scene hackers come to mind.

Inazuma
Oct 15, 2012, 12:07 PM
Yeah X.x. I mean, sometimes I can find a nice mpa but honestly, Its difficult to find a room where everyone sticks together and is there to actually grind.

Most MPAs need a multi-leader. Someone to lead everyone else so they can stick together and know where to go. If I am in an MPA that is sorely lacking one, I will volunteer.

Alenoir
Oct 15, 2012, 12:10 PM
Talked with a friend just now and this came up:

We're planning to boss rush VH tonight for a chance of the rare version of the said boss, so we can get the new PAs.

Until the new PAs become more common, boss rush will most likely keep on happening. =\

moorebounce
Oct 15, 2012, 12:16 PM
I don't generally lock my MPAs. I did however had someone ran right pass me in the middle of a EC Duel and didn't help at all. Maybe I should start locking mine to keep that from happening again.

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 12:22 PM
Remember... the concept of MPAs are also... a "Cross road" basically crossing paths.

It's up to you whether or not you want to stick around and help, work together or grind. But that person is in another party on their own mission.

Sure, personally if I'm running to a boss, or doing a CO. and I see someone struggling with a field boss or a code I help out of common courtesy (and for extra EXP/drops) But yeah you don't really HAVE to stick around.

I DO however find it annoying when I join an 9-11/12 MPA and by the time I get to B2 it's completely cleaned out. But, believe it or not, it does fill up after a whilewith other "MPA grinders" if you just stick around. (Then again I only play in JP blocks)

Z-0
Oct 15, 2012, 12:29 PM
What MPAs were designed for is irrelevant right now. The players use them as grind spots, so that's what they are.

@ Alenoir

Just MPA Lock your party so you don't join another one. Press the second dot under the password section and you won't bother any parties trying to get an MPA Grind going.

ALC
Oct 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
This is why I name my games specifically to denote what I am doing. IE "farm," "boss rush," "s-rank 20 mins," etc...

Ezodagrom
Oct 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
I did however had someone ran right pass me in the middle of a EC Duel and didn't help at all.
Maybe that person could have been doing a timed client order and didn't have enough time to help with the EC Duel?

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
What MPAs were designed for is irrelevant right now. The players use them as grind spots, so that's what they are.

@ Alenoir

Just MPA Lock your party so you don't join another one. Press the second dot under the password section and you won't bother any parties trying to get an MPA Grind going.

Nah I think it's working the way it's designed. You can't expect people to play the way you want. Any other game you're gonna have to organize 12 people to all want to do the same thing. Otherwise it's just a way to randomly run into and help/make friends with people. (Which IS what happens unless you're a prick with no personality who doesn't talk to anyone.) Then move on with your business.

Like you said yourself, if you want an MPA for a specific reason, make an MPA for a specific reason. Instead of expecting what you want from a randomly made one. Or just choose another MPA. it's no different from joining a random party expecting to do what you were planning, only to realize they're boss spamming or doing interrupt ranking, then getting mad that they don't want to grind. Just make your own party or join another with the same clause.

gravityvx
Oct 15, 2012, 12:42 PM
I've found locked MPA that I've joined to be far more organized than an open MPA, on top of that most of them have specific maps making that MPA highly productive compared to most open MPA that I join where the map is completely random and all over the place or has very low boss spawns and or codes. But to answer your actual question, it's so random people that have no intent of sticking around don't join.

Griffin
Oct 15, 2012, 12:43 PM
There needs to be a thread for planning MPAs then. We got every type of thread except that.

Alenoir
Oct 15, 2012, 12:46 PM
@ Alenoir

I know how it works, I can read Japanese, but I mean, that's maybe the reason why a lot of people just doesn't stick with MPA or locks their MPA now instead.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 15, 2012, 01:05 PM
if your talking about all the JP lobbies, you just gotta find the one that started it, they normally have the MPA password in their caption box+^_^+ last one i joined before finding Nassandra in another c!@#!@# MPA had a message that went like *proceeding with gibberish*

うぇふぇのしあつっくぶいおぽいん PASS; あ 
if you join one of those just stay quiet and stick with the group+^_^+ those are the best MPAs though IMO, they don't even care about dumb codes like collect or avoid!! they just get hit by visbolts and keep on killing mobs+^_^+ i miss that last MPA, it was before economic depression and i made like 2 mill in an hour+^_^+ i got 630ed though and when i came back it was full・・・・ anyway, if you all make a thread for it, i have 4 shortcuts made to try and organize MPAs, it sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't+^_^+

Griffin
Oct 15, 2012, 01:15 PM
if you all make a thread for it

NO. YOU DO IT

Geistritter
Oct 15, 2012, 01:31 PM
Because I don't want people I didn't ask for joining it.

Didn't think it was that complicated.

Vintasticvin
Oct 15, 2012, 02:05 PM
For those asking for a MPA Grouping thread you can always start one up in the Player Match-up subsection +^_^+ and what ever happened to GamerX? I dont see the user pwning the forums anymore and what about them anti western player people like Eharima at?

Chik'Tikka
Oct 15, 2012, 03:28 PM
things calmed down+^_^+ so without the hype the trolls can't get enough food to eat anymore, they'll be back when US/EU server launch starts to hype up+^_^+ as for MPA thread, I'm not the one that suggested it, and i wouldn't create it anyway, my threads tend to die after a short while, we need some one like TenebriS to make it or something, you know, add that creative touch!!+^_^+ as for player match-up?? i see maybe 3 threads a week in there, hard to start an MPA in a half hours time if no one reads the thread for 3 days!! better to leave that to Team recruitment, get a big enough team and you can organize 12 player MPAs in game+^_^+

DS23
Oct 15, 2012, 03:39 PM
Apparently to keep NPC partner characters out is the main reason.

Vintasticvin
Oct 15, 2012, 05:18 PM
+^_^+ Yeah maybe X'll be back when the outside of japan version is released and yes perhaps the Team Recruitment is the better place to round up a MPA crew. +>_<+ Please pardon my Psz logic lol.

+v_v+ I miss playing on Jpso2 with you fine folks even though I hung with the afk lobby dance team most of the time.

Nerineri
Oct 15, 2012, 11:59 PM
if your talking about all the JP lobbies, you just gotta find the one that started it, they normally have the MPA password in their caption box+^_^+ last one i joined before finding Nassandra in another c!@#!@# MPA had a message that went like *proceeding with gibberish*

うぇふぇのしあつっくぶいおぽいん PASS; あ 
if you join one of those just stay quiet and stick with the group+^_^+ those are the best MPAs though IMO, they don't even care about dumb codes like collect or avoid!! they just get hit by visbolts and keep on killing mobs+^_^+ i miss that last MPA, it was before economic depression and i made like 2 mill in an hour+^_^+ i got 630ed though and when i came back it was full・・・・ anyway, if you all make a thread for it, i have 4 shortcuts made to try and organize MPAs, it sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't+^_^+

If you can't read JP though, during this time, you might also ran into a boss rush room due to the lv cap increase client order.

Z-0
Oct 16, 2012, 05:41 AM
I think it would be obvious if you're looking at a boss rush room;

They tend to have the enemy name in the title (Which is easily identifiable if you don't know Japanese) and S[Japanese] (for S-Rank). The room is also only 4/12.

I don't know Japanese at all, and have no desire to learn it (I'm already learning two other languages), but it's not hard to spot patterns to figure out what things are. I have a basic grasp of katakana from playing this, which is all you need really.

Galax
Oct 16, 2012, 09:16 AM
I lock my parties often, because I'm usually either a solo show or bringing a few NPCs. I also have a standing promise to a friend to show him Quartz Dragon in action - he's been gone for a few months because his keyboard crapped out, and he's just recently gotten a replacement.

If you're really in need of joining an MPA and you're on Ship 10, you're always welcome to whisper my ID, Migitgun. Of course, being on ship 10, I find that I can leave my party fully open and go about my business. I'm perfectly happy to shoot down anything other players seem to have trouble with, and so far they do the same in return for me. If I'm going to do one of those Client Orders where I need to, say, s rank nab rappy capture on hard in under 15 minutes, I lock my run and bring three of my most efficient friend partners.

Btw. FO/Te NPCs kick ass.

Mystil
Oct 16, 2012, 09:42 AM
Apparently to keep NPC partner characters out is the main reason.

SEGA could of course add the option to disable bringing in NPCs.

Tetsuo9999
Oct 16, 2012, 10:20 AM
Which blocks are for MPAs? I'm relatively new to this game and didn't know there were specific blocks designated for MPAs. I'm on Ship 6, if that matters.

Griffin
Oct 16, 2012, 11:37 AM
I don't know Japanese at all

I have a basic grasp of katakana from playing this

CONTRADICTION

Mystil
Oct 16, 2012, 04:24 PM
Well most katakana takes a bit of common sense to understand.

Which blocks are for MPAs? I'm relatively new to this game and didn't know there were specific blocks designated for MPAs. I'm on Ship 6, if that matters.

There isn't any designated MPA blocks as of right now.

lostinseganet
Oct 16, 2012, 06:12 PM
It's incredibly annoying and frustrating seeing EVERY single mission locked and making it harder to find a good MPHackers?

BIG OLAF
Oct 16, 2012, 06:18 PM
Hackers?

Uh, no.

Mystil
Oct 17, 2012, 01:26 AM
There is a lot of them though. I don't think they realize there is no point to what they are doing anymore, with the vendor price for junk so low now.

Rien
Oct 17, 2012, 01:27 AM
I can't find MPA passwords, no shit on the descriptions.

WHERE ARE YOU GUYS FINDING THEM :C

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2012, 01:29 AM
Usually near the bottom of the list, as people who join later on don't put their pass in their party description.

That's assuming the creator is still online, or wants to let anyone else in at all. It may well be a team thing, and they may have signed off leaving nobody else with the info in their descriptions.

Coatl
Oct 17, 2012, 12:58 PM
It takes me awhile to join JP locked parties because PSO2 letters look different than the standard JP letters. =/

Griffin
Oct 17, 2012, 01:30 PM
Well most katakana takes a bit of common sense to understand.

I could probably take this as an insult since I don't know a lick of any type of Japanese, but I'm chill.

Z-0
Oct 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
There is a lot of them though. I don't think they realize there is no point to what they are doing anymore, with the vendor price for junk so low now.
Hardly the case.

Rather, they most probably get more sales now. Just need more accounts farming for longer, no biggie.