PDA

View Full Version : Fury Critical and Brave Critical

Shirokami
Oct 19, 2012, 03:11 PM
What's their value?
With the new level cap, there are more skillpoints to add, and the subclass system would allow to be both on effect.
I already know that criticals in this game are the max damage you can deal with an attack, but since I hit level 20, my damage varies a lot, from 200s to 400s, so if both of the critical bonuses are decent and they stack, it would increase the damage output by... a lot.
Opinions?

CelestialBlade
Oct 19, 2012, 03:21 PM
You're probably better off just adding some Ability/DEX to your MAG, or using units/affixes that boost your DEX a little. My MAG has 50 DEX and I have not once had an issue with damage variance being severe.

Shirokami
Oct 19, 2012, 03:25 PM
You're probably better off just adding some Ability/DEX to your MAG, or using units/affixes that boost your DEX a little. My MAG has 50 DEX and I have not once had an issue with damage variance being severe.

My mag build is actually 2/3 S-ATK 1/3 DEX.
Mag currently level 48

Pillan
Oct 19, 2012, 07:48 PM
Just so you know, the 200 to 400 is probably you hitting an enemy in the head (pretty much every enemy takes double damage when hit there). The Critical abilities will do nothing about that, as most weapons do not have a damage variance that is that high.

You will just see green 200s and green 400s when you invest in that.

Shirokami
Oct 19, 2012, 09:23 PM
Just so you know, the 200 to 400 is probably you hitting an enemy in the head (pretty much every enemy takes double damage when hit there). The Critical abilities will do nothing about that, as most weapons do not have a damage variance that is that high.

You will just see green 200s and green 400s when you invest in that.

Oh, so those green massive damages were criticals! I thought they were glitches.
Anyways, thanks for the tips guys

valmont
Oct 19, 2012, 10:10 PM
hmm, isn't headshot bonus damage only applies to ranged weapons?

gigawuts
Oct 20, 2012, 12:00 AM
hmm, isn't headshot bonus damage only applies to ranged weapons?

Yes, but heads also have inherently weak defense on many enemies. Rockbears for instance, their face is their weak point against all types of damage.

Pillan
Oct 20, 2012, 12:10 PM
Really? It is only supposed to be Ranger? It certainly is a lot easier to do using a gun in TPS mode on small/medium mobs, but I have not noticed a difference between melee and ranged beyond that. Much like the poster above, if the first thing my blade touches on a mob's body is the face, I see constant 400s. Otherwise, I see constant 200s. (Well, besides that Ranger obviously does more from the weak point bonuses.)

But, yes, in general, the spots on a mob's body have different defense values and different damage multiplier, regardless of the number of lock-on points per mob. The multiplier is 2x for the head on pretty much everything.

EDIT:

Double checking, it does not happen as often as I thought. Only a few enemies add the extra damage when hit in the head with melee (Dagans and Yeti, most notably).

Shirokami
Oct 20, 2012, 02:26 PM
Really? It is only supposed to be Ranger? It certainly is a lot easier to do using a gun in TPS mode on small/medium mobs, but I have not noticed a difference between melee and ranged beyond that. Much like the poster above, if the first thing my blade touches on a mob's body is the face, I see constant 400s. Otherwise, I see constant 200s. (Well, besides that Ranger obviously does more from the weak point bonuses.)

But, yes, in general, the spots on a mob's body have different defense values and different damage multiplier, regardless of the number of lock-on points per mob. The multiplier is 2x for the head on pretty much everything.

EDIT:

Double checking, it does not happen as often as I thought. Only a few enemies add the extra damage when hit in the head with melee (Dagans and Yeti, most notably).

Because those are global weakspots.

jooozek
Oct 20, 2012, 02:56 PM

For dagans it's actually the core under them, for yeti, it's their butts.

Shirokami
Oct 20, 2012, 03:54 PM
For dagans it's actually the core under them, for yeti, it's their butts.

I'm still wondering why their butts is their weakspot...
But, oh well, I rather take a bit more to kill them instead of coating my sword with yeti dung.

valmont
Oct 20, 2012, 05:26 PM

EDIT:

yeah, i notice it when i play hunter, and my Fo friend said he doesnt get that bonus damage with techs. so i kinda thinks its a headshot feature with ranged weapons. xD

Eternal255
Oct 22, 2012, 01:15 PM
i see the bonus damage on almost all enemies with all sorts of damage (ranged melee or tech). i think theyre just considered weakspots or something.

on topic, my lvl 50 fighter build will consist of 4/10 in brave critical. It will be a total of +6% crit chance. Not much, but for 4 points i find it reasonable, and they are extra points i wouldnt really use anywhere else (fuck those chase abilities).

judging by the way the skill is phrased, i believe they stack. I dont see why they wouldnt. Unfortunately, even for it being a total of +40% crit, i cant see that being worth 20 total skill points. theres better things in the hunter tree.