PDA

View Full Version : The NPC problem worsens

Zyrusticae
Oct 20, 2012, 07:48 PM
Seriously, WTF? It's SO BAD. It's TERRIBLE. WTF is this?!

I scroll down the list of cave HM parties and I see multiparties made up entirely of people with 3 NPCs? WTF?! It was never THIS BAD before, now it's bloody impossible to find a good MP! Freakin' lame!

SEGA has got to do something, whether it's making a block specifically for soloing or adding an option to a multiparty to ban NPCs, but whatever they do, I really hope they do it fast. It just keeps getting worse and worse!

I'd rather have a MP of 5 real players than 3 players with 9 NPCs, goddammit!

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 07:50 PM
Stop being butthurt, npcs still increase the amounts of enemies that spawn. Plus you're not playing the game for them so it shouldn't matter what they do on the game.

blace
Oct 20, 2012, 07:55 PM
Blcok 36 or 37 is for Solo Play, but that block is barren compared to every other block.

jooozek
Oct 20, 2012, 08:06 PM
The cancer (http://sadpanda.us/images/1227721-WAIQW6E.png) is spreading really fast (http://sadpanda.us/images/1227722-AFY1J9H.png).

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 08:09 PM
Oh I just thought of something.

"The bitching problem worsens"

Zyrusticae
Oct 20, 2012, 08:17 PM
Stop being butthurt, npcs still increase the amounts of enemies that spawn. Plus you're not playing the game for them so it shouldn't matter what they do on the game.
You FAIL.

NPCs count for, at most, 3/5th of the spawns of a normal player, PLUS you get fewer events, PLUS they're far weaker than any player character, which dramatically reduces the effiency of the entire multiparty!

Plus it's entirely too easy to just kick NPCs when you start seeing more actual players showing up, yet none of these bozos ever even bother!

Shit's ridiculous. Maybe SEGA should make an announcement telling players how bad NPCs are next to actual human players, maybe we'd actually see some progress then? I can only dream...

WHAT BLOCKS? 9-13? CUZ I RARELY SEE NPC's IN MPA's ON 9-13.
Obviously. I'm talking about everything outside of VHM.

It's bad enough that the population is just lower because everyone's spamming VHM, but people have to make it worse on themselves by filling entire MPs with NPCs when there's enough actual players to fill an entire MP? Good grief!

valmont
Oct 20, 2012, 08:21 PM
Player gives x1, spawnrate, NPC gives x0.7 spawnrate.
its not that bad, plus NPCs dont whine and boasting. xD

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 08:22 PM
You FAIL.

NPCs count for, at most, 3/5th of the spawns of a normal player, PLUS you get fewer events, PLUS they're far weaker than any player character, which dramatically reduces the effiency of the entire multiparty!

Plus it's entirely too easy to just kick NPCs when you start seeing more actual players showing up, yet none of these bozos ever even bother!

Shit's ridiculous. Maybe SEGA should make an announcement telling players how bad NPCs are next to actual human players, maybe we'd actually see some progress then? I can only dream...

Obviously. I'm talking about everything outside of VHM.

It's bad enough that the population is just lower because everyone's spamming VHM, but people have to make it worse on themselves by filling entire MPs with NPCs when there's enough actual players to fill an entire MP? Good grief!

I fail? Because I'm totally the one freaking cause people don't play the game how you want them too. Please grow up.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 20, 2012, 08:26 PM
WHAT BLOCKS? 9-13? CUZ I RARELY SEE NPC's IN MPA's ON 9-13.

this, alot of those JP MPAs that are locked often post a password (usually あ) to keep boss rushes and random non-farming parties from auto-joining by accident+^_^+ and they often have a little instruction in the comment asking for no NPCs+^_^+ just do the same in English in blk 20 and see what happens+^_^+ (though i recommend JP parties, usually more organized then EN parties)+^_^+

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 08:28 PM
You also can always make a post here of you farming a place for only real players.

Z-0
Oct 20, 2012, 08:28 PM
I fail? Because I'm totally the one freaking cause people don't play the game how you want them too. Please grow up.
While Zyrusticae's post is most likely over the top, the point still stands.

It's ridiculously annoying when there are large MPAs with NPCs in them that you cannot join.

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 08:29 PM
While Zyrusticae's post is most likely over the top, the point still stands.

It's ridiculously annoying when there are large MPAs with NPCs in them that you cannot join.

You don't always get your way, you know?

gravityvx
Oct 20, 2012, 08:31 PM
I have not seen a single NPC in two weeks, I guess I'm looking in all the right places.

jooozek
Oct 20, 2012, 08:31 PM
Player gives x1, spawnrate, NPC gives x0.7 spawnrate.
its not that bad, plus NPCs dont whine and boasting. xD

How can you even come up with stuff like that when we are talking about a bunch of 0s and 1s filling a slot that a real human could use? Not to mention that NPCs don't actually add in to spawn rates when it matters (PSE bursts) and are useless in codes like crystal protection. They will also kill off the lilipans. Even worse, anyone looking at the minimap won't be able to differ between players and NPCs and that messes up MPAs too because some monkey with bot decided to go back for that 1 meseta that a monster dropped the whole MPA sees 4 people wandering off (!), do you realise the chaos this causes? Make sense, please.

I have not seen a single NPC in two weeks, I guess I'm looking in all the right places.

You mean, you play in solo blocks? hurf

gravityvx
Oct 20, 2012, 08:34 PM
You mean, you play in solo blocks? hurf

Sure.

Zyrusticae
Oct 20, 2012, 08:39 PM
I fail? Because I'm totally the one freaking cause people don't play the game how you want them too. Please grow up.HAHA. I love that "grow up" line. It's always an easy way for me to know whose opinion I can completely disregard.

But since I'm here, I will retort. There's no excuse for this. The amount of effort it takes me to get a decent MP far outweighs the amount of effort it takes for someone to just go into a freakin' submenu and kick the NPCs when people are joining. Or to password their game and click a checkbox to separate it from all the other multiparties, or go to an empty block where they won't bother anybody, and so on and so forth.

I'm tired of excuses. This has to stop. Real players, please! REAL FREAKIN' PLAYERS!

You don't always get your way, you know?
Gawd, you're hilarious.

"Life's not fair, you don't always get your way! Just deal with it!"

Uh-huh, sure. That's a great attitude to have in life, yup. "Just deal with it". When it's so easy to make things better, you just "deal with it". Yup.

I'm so glad I don't share this attitude.

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 08:44 PM
HAHA. I love that "grow up" line. It's always an easy way for me to know whose opinion I can completely disregard.

But since I'm here, I will retort. There's no excuse for this. The amount of effort it takes me to get a decent MP far outweighs the amount of effort it takes for someone to just go into a freakin' submenu and kick the NPCs when people are joining. Or to password their game and click a checkbox to separate it from all the other multiparties, or go to an empty block where they won't bother anybody, and so on and so forth.

I'm tired of excuses. This has to stop. Real players, please! REAL FREAKIN' PLAYERS!

Gawd, you're hilarious.

"Life's not fair, you don't always get your way! Just deal with it!"

Uh-huh, sure. That's a great attitude to have in life, yup. "Just deal with it". When it's so easy to make things better, you just "deal with it". Yup.

I'm so glad I don't share this attitude.

You prove my point, you're obnoxious.

Also yes there is many things you have to deal with in life. Such as things you think are stupid of your parents, bosses, etc. Yes you have to deal with those things. I wonder how you act in real life when something you think is stupid occurs. Do you go on a rampage yelling about things, ranting to people about things they don't care about? This post should be put in dead horse ranting cause it belongs there.

Zyrusticae
Oct 20, 2012, 09:02 PM
You prove my point, you're obnoxious.

Also yes there is many things you have to deal with in life. Such as things you think are stupid of your parents, bosses, etc. Yes you have to deal with those things. I wonder how you act in real life when something you think is stupid occurs. Do you go on a rampage yelling about things, ranting to people about things they don't care about? This post should be put in dead horse ranting cause it belongs there.I like you. You give me entertainment. May as well since I can't get anywhere because of a lack of decent multiparties!

Let's start with your completely irrelevant tangent about RL. You are extrapolating my behavior on a video game forum to how I behave IRL, which, as should all very well know by now, is a completely pointless endeavor, and wildly inaccurate, to boot. I present to you, the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory:
[spoiler-box]http://fishbowl.pastiche.org/archives/pictures/greater_internet_fuckwad_theory.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Secondly, your analogy with regards to parents and bosses is not even close to being accurate. Parents and bosses are in positions of power. My fellow players, on the other hand, are peers, not power figures. As such, I expect some level of reciprocation, which I am sadly not getting at this moment.

Finally, I really don't give a toss if I'm being obnoxious, because I'm freaking pissed! Why do you think that's going to help anyone at all, pointing out my obnoxious behavior when I am obviously not in a state of mind to care? You know, usually when you try to placate angry people, you don't try to prove them wrong or make them feel like what they're being angry at is something insignificant - unless you're intentionally trying to make them angrier and thus acting the fool (re: trolling). But I'm sure you're not trying to do that, you're just being condescending by nature.

Two can play at that game.

But it only takes ONE to ruin an entire MP!

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 09:08 PM
I like you. You give me entertainment. May as well since I can't get anywhere because of a lack of decent multiparties!

Let's start with your completely irrelevant tangent about RL. You are extrapolating my behavior on a video game forum to how I behave IRL, which, as should all very well know by now, is a completely pointless endeavor, and wildly inaccurate, to boot. I present to you, the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory:
[spoiler-box]http://fishbowl.pastiche.org/archives/pictures/greater_internet_fuckwad_theory.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Secondly, your analogy with regards to parents and bosses is not even close to being accurate. Parents and bosses are in positions of power. My fellow players, on the other hand, are peers, not power figures. As such, I expect some level of reciprocation, which I am sadly not getting at this moment.

Finally, I really don't give a toss if I'm being obnoxious, because I'm freaking pissed! Why do you think that's going to help anyone at all, pointing out my obnoxious behavior when I am obviously not in a state of mind to care? You know, usually when you try to placate angry people, you don't try to prove them wrong or make them feel like what they're being angry at is something insignificant - unless you're intentionally trying to make them angrier and thus acting the fool (re: trolling). But I'm sure you're not trying to do that, you're just being condescending by nature.

Two can play at that game.

But it only takes ONE to ruin an entire MP!

I'm trying to tell you that you're acting immature cause people don't play the game how you want them to play it and you're getting mad at them for it. As I said just make a post for a mp here asking for no bots. Also just cause you ask someone something (Ex. "May you please remove your npcs from the party for a bigger and better mp?") Which I doubt you even said it close to that at all. They still have the ability to say the word "no". Just cause they say that doesn't mean you have to come to psow forums and rant up a storm where we most don't even care.

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 09:15 PM
Your assholery worsens. lol

The only reason I'm being an asshole is I'm tired of these threads coming up, when they don't belong in this section. If this was posted in the rant section I wouldn't really bother it cause I don't scroll down much on the forums.

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
Seriously, WTF? It's SO BAD. It's TERRIBLE. WTF is this?!

I scroll down the list of cave HM parties and I see multiparties made up entirely of people with 3 NPCs? WTF?! It was never THIS BAD before, now it's bloody impossible to find a good MP! Freakin' lame!

SEGA has got to do something, whether it's making a block specifically for soloing or adding an option to a multiparty to ban NPCs, but whatever they do, I really hope they do it fast. It just keeps getting worse and worse!

I'd rather have a MP of 5 real players than 3 players with 9 NPCs, goddammit!

They also need to make it 3 parties instead of 12 people.

@Lostbob117
Would you please quit being an absolute rude jerk. There is no call for being that rude! Please tone it down or post in a different thread. You do not have to post in this thread, if you don't like what is being discussed then don't post in it.

BIG OLAF
Oct 20, 2012, 10:31 PM
Oh Lostbob/Rappy/Zack, always so dense.

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2012, 10:41 PM
...boy am I glad my ship doesn't have this sort of problem.

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 10:45 PM
...boy am I glad my ship doesn't have this sort of problem.
What ship are you playing on? Ship 0? This stuff is to be expected everywhere. Unless there are only certain blocks that get affected by it. However, ever since they changed the names of the blocks...

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2012, 10:51 PM
This stuff is to be expected everywhere. Unless there are only certain blocks that get affected by it. However, ever since they changed the names of the blocks...Honestly I don't know what to say; it's almost like an unspoken agreement. I join the correct block, look for running parties that are between 8/12 to 11/12, join as a separate party and steamroll Area 2 of said Free/Emergency mission until the 4 hour limit is up. Hell, half the time it ends up being 12 solo-parties...

I'd say Zy is making a big deal out of an issue that doesn't exist, but I'm not on Ship 2 and for the most part I don't really mind if I see a bot or two. So... uh? ^^;

gigawuts
Oct 20, 2012, 10:54 PM
I'd rather NPC's than a party doing a boss run in a clearly labeled free roaming MPA.

And don't say that's just them randomly joining, because they keep coming back to the same MPA after every run. Even if it's not passworded, that shit has to be manually selected.

Zyrusticae
Oct 20, 2012, 11:21 PM
I'd rather NPC's than a party doing a boss run in a clearly labeled free roaming MPA.

And don't say that's just them randomly joining, because they keep coming back to the same MPA after every run. Even if it's not passworded, that shit has to be manually selected.
Problem is these two generally go hand-in-hand, making the issue even worse than it already is!

Argh, blargh, blarghleblargh!

Well, at least I had a nice 2-person MP going for the past hour... :-?

valmont
Oct 21, 2012, 01:13 AM
How can you even come up with stuff like that when we are talking about a bunch of 0s and 1s filling a slot that a real human could use? Not to mention that NPCs don't actually add in to spawn rates when it matters (PSE bursts) and are useless in codes like crystal protection. They will also kill off the lilipans. Even worse, anyone looking at the minimap won't be able to differ between players and NPCs and that messes up MPAs too because some monkey with bot decided to go back for that 1 meseta that a monster dropped the whole MPA sees 4 people wandering off (!), do you realise the chaos this causes? Make sense, please.

- i thought in organized mpa people less care about codes, and prefer kill stuff more. but maybe youre right because you've got more experience than me.
- i prefer to leave lilipans in code rescue.. the mobs will after me, and the lilipans will be saved.
- so the one to blame is the monkey who bring npcs right?
- i do realize the chaos
- maybe you just dont understand the joke.
- im glad im not on ship 2, people in ship 2 should listen to enya more for the relaxing atmosphere.
- sorry if i waste your time. youre right, im wrong, im not making any sense. thank you.

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 01:16 AM
The codes are where the real dosh is. A good MPA will be codes, codes, codes, codes, codes, and at max spawns because all twelve people are together.

A bad MPA will have scattered minibosses spawning one at a time, spread out over the map, with players taking every path to get to the single boss and triggering codes on the way - usually with just 1-2 players' worth of spawns. A good MPA will have all 12 in one bunch, causing 3 minibosses at once, also making it more likely to get a PSE burst due to the extra spawns meaning extra enemies meaning extra PSE.

But this is just what I've assumed based on what I've done, I'm sure there are groups that have this shit down to a science.

edit: Oh, also, what makes bots awful is their shit damage output coupled with their lack of, well, intelligence. They don't prioritize, they have piddly damage, and they die repeatedly. They account for a fraction of a real player as well. More real players means more damage, which means things die faster, which means more codes faster and more PSE before it expires, meaning more meseta, more bosses, and more frequent PSE bursts.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 21, 2012, 01:34 AM
Argh, blargh, blarghleblargh!

I started to laugh uncontrollable at this.....I don't know why. Either way; Thank you Zyru.

Also: I'm glad I lock my MPA when I decide to bring bots along....usually manage to avoid the major sh*tstorm that arises otherwise..

valmont
Oct 21, 2012, 01:41 AM
@gigawuts yeah, thanks for the info.

but i thought code crystal protection will only makes your party scattered. but maybe im just plain stupid. thanks anyway. xD

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 01:54 AM
@gigawuts yeah, thanks for the info.

but i thought code crystal protection will only makes your party scattered. but maybe im just plain stupid. thanks anyway. xD

Code crystal protection does scatter you, but you all reform somewhere and then bunch up to cause large spawns, raising your opportunities for actually triggering the PSE that the protect raised so much. It's a very special case.

valmont
Oct 21, 2012, 02:09 AM
uh okay. it depends on the people in the mpa. but usually one or more monkey not rejoining the pack after the code. but maybe it just me and my experience of a bad mpa.

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 02:51 AM
Where the fuck did the good MPA's go anyway? Two days ago I was finding rocking MPA's without a problem, players that coordinated, buffed, broke traps, all of it. I was finding this in every lobby too.

Now I can't even find one where two people decide to stay together, no matter how many are in the area. All JP players too. Also, every single MPA has at least one party doing flat boss runs, with a full four players.

Since they run straight for the end repeatedly, I think I know why they keep choosing the same MPA - they learn the map and that saves time potentially wasted on dead ends.

Sinue_v2
Oct 21, 2012, 03:57 AM
How can you even come up with stuff like that when we are talking about a bunch of 0s and 1s filling a slot that a real human could use?

You know, it's attitudes like that which are going to lead to the great robot uprising.

valmont
Oct 21, 2012, 09:34 AM
yeah, i dont know why jooozek said that. im just responding to Zyru post, look at this:

NPCs count for, at most, 3/5th of the spawns of a normal player,

Shit's ridiculous. Maybe SEGA should make an announcement telling players how bad NPCs are next to actual human players, maybe we'd actually see some progress then? I can only dream..

and then i said npc x0.7 to correct his number which he said "at most 3/5th of human player".
i also said NPCs don't whine and boasting to jokes around.
and then BAM!!

How can you even come up with stuff like that when we are talking about a bunch of 0s and 1s filling a slot that a real human could use?

i was like WTF? did he even read what Zyru post right above my post.

and then i kinda pissed and try to counter his post. but i accidentally get into an pointless argument with Sir gigawuts that im sure both of us know the answers for our arguments. so gigawuts, sorry bro.. :beer:

jooozek
Oct 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
There is no counter for 0s and 1s filling a slot a real human could use, get real. Even Sakai said that they are going to do something with this as there were complaints about that. If you want to argue with Sakai then go ahead, be my guest but don't say crap like "it's not that bad" when it clearly is :argh: (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-qa-corner/)

valmont
Oct 21, 2012, 10:13 AM
okay. you won, what i said is wrong.
is that enough for you?
i guess people just dont understand jokes this day.

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 10:26 AM
but i accidentally get into an pointless argument with Sir gigawuts that im sure both of us know the answers for our arguments. so gigawuts, sorry bro.. :beer:

Not to worry, I didn't even know we were arguing. I thought you were just asking honest questions so I was just answering them.

Then a moderately raged a bit after joining yet another awful MPA full of boss runners and NPC's. Amusingly, right after that it exploded to 11 players, all coordinated and bunching together, but that fell apart as soon as I hit the campship to sell items...

jooozek
Oct 21, 2012, 10:37 AM
okay. you won, what i said is wrong.
is that enough for you?
i guess people just dont understand jokes this day.

I guess some autistic monkey would be amused by your "joke".

valmont
Oct 21, 2012, 10:40 AM
I guess some autistic monkey would be amused by your "joke".

yeah, definitely.. a monkey with bots that try to backtrack to get 1 meseta.

Link1275
Oct 21, 2012, 07:53 PM
You know, it's attitudes like that which are going to lead to the great robot uprising.

Only if some dumb idiot makes robots that have an artificial AI and can go outside of their program construct. :-P