PDA

View Full Version : fighter subclass question

darkfalz16
Oct 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
which subclass is currently best for fighter for dps? currently im fighter/hunter

jooozek
Oct 21, 2012, 04:25 PM
Fighter is before everything about stances thus it's a really universal subbing fodder, if you like fighter weapons and want to use them then the only realistic [dps] option for subbing that you have is hunter. JA bonuses will give you a lot damage once you get into the habit of JAing (in case you don't yet).

Zorafim
Oct 21, 2012, 06:01 PM
I really don't see what you could sub besides hunter. If you have a bouquet rifle, ranger might be good if you always hit enemy weak spots and are fighting a boss in a team. I guess. Nothing else seems like a good idea, though.

Shirokami
Oct 21, 2012, 06:10 PM
Well, Fighter JA's seems to double damage output, so with both of JA's bonus you'll have a 20% bonus for that double damage.
A 1000 hit would be 1200

IndigoNovember
Oct 21, 2012, 10:33 PM
I'd try and make a case for Gunner since Attack PP Restorate at level 10 is godlike with Fighter weapons. Double Saber Step Attack = 30 PP and Twin Dagger normal attacks = 20 PP. But overall I'm pretty sure the best way for DPS is to go Hunter.

Rien
Oct 22, 2012, 07:17 AM
Gunner's attack PP restorate can have you spamming Deadly Archer extremely well.

You'd also have less trouble with moving bosses when using daggers.

subbing Force/Techer gives you the option to use Megiverse that can help you recover health while using daggers against a boss (uncharged) or against a group of mobs (charged)

Eternal255
Oct 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
If your only concern is DPS, then yes, hunter sub with maxed JA bonuses and whatever damage bonuses you can get.

I sub techer though and a team member had me considering trying out hunter (though it would require a new tree because i did not get JA bonuses when i was leveling up due to shitty phrasing), but i dont think i will switch. While Hunter may be more dps, techer is just more entertaining and versatile. Could cast spells or melee, and even though you wont be the best of either world, it leaves for varying gameplay.

as Rien said, megiverse is incredibly useful with daggers and being able to quick cast spells like shifta without falling to the ground makes it seem as though they were meant to be xD

Never played ranger so I cant really give input but they seem like they would be the best choice for sustainability.