PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between Tekkers?

Para
Mar 29, 2003, 12:34 PM
i remember recalling a npc saying each tekker is special in their own way.... could anyone explain how they are special??
the only things i know about the tekkers is that they can make % differentiate +10 or -10% or give +1 or +2 or +3 etc.

Captain_Dude
Mar 29, 2003, 12:44 PM
I believe they mean that each tekker... y'know what? I forget...

Bloody hell... Uhm... Maybe it has something to do with what Section ID finds what. Or something...

2Xtreme
Mar 29, 2003, 12:52 PM
I think each tekker is better at identifying a certain element. To illustrate what I'm trying to say, pretend that you find a "??? Handgun" which is actually a Dim Handgun. If you took it to the tekker that specializes in Dim/Dark/Shadow/Hell elements, you might be able to get a Shadow or Hell special attack. If you took your ??? Handgun to a tekker who, say, specializes in Demons/Devils elements, the highest you might get is a Dark Handgun.

That's my theory, anyway.

Malkavian
Mar 29, 2003, 01:10 PM
Well is very simple, is the way the game explains you a bit about that different IDs get different items. Each ID has a different tekker, that's why that NPC says that

Easy yeah?

kat
Mar 29, 2003, 01:21 PM
Yes, each ID gets a different tekker, but for me, each tekker seems to be more accurate in a certain catergory of weapon, less accurate (in a bad way) in another, and less accurate (but with more +++) with the third...

For instance, my hunewearl who's a Pinkal gets her ????wand+2 appraised- it will oftentimes become a _ wand +4, though her swords and the like are often dead on, and for handguns it's alway right, or just a tad lowe.... I'm not saying this is how it is for everyone, and it's not always this way for me, but I'm starting to see a bit of a pattern.

The page of the strategy guide says

Your tekker may appraise the same ??? Sword as a lowly Dim Sword, while another player might get a might Shadow Sword =3

CrashCat
Mar 29, 2003, 01:38 PM
So what's the best strategy? Just haul things around that aren't tekked to other people's games and see if you get a different result? Or make and throw away newbie characters to tek them for you?

VulpesMundi
Mar 29, 2003, 01:56 PM
Each tekker just looks different. Other than that they're identical. They all identify items randomly within certain pre-set parameters. From the defaults (original intended appearance) grinds are +/- 4, area % are +/- 10 (excluding a default 0%), and a special type is +/- 1 level. These of course will not go higher or lower than maximums or minimums.

For example: lets say you find a ????Pallasch +5 with 25% Dark and 40 Hit that has a default special of Flame. Every tekker can come up with the following results randomly...

Grind: +1, +2, +3, +4, +5, +6, +7, +8, or +9
Area %: 15% Dark & 30 Hit, 20%D & 35H, 25%D & 40H, 30%D & 45H, or 35%D & 50H.
Special: Fire, Flame, or Burning.

Some special attacks don't vary and will always come out the same. These are: Charge, Spirit, and Berserk. In E1&2 ?SPECIAL WEAPONS no longer come with any grinds, so they will always tekk with none.

Para
Apr 7, 2003, 08:33 PM
sorry about the bring up but i just realized i didnt look at this thread from before..

mmm so special weapons no longer get grind.... that sucks...
so basically every tekker is the same? =/
maybe we should ask sega to make sure lol

NekoHikari
Apr 8, 2003, 01:42 AM
That sly fox just posted everything I was going to post, but he worded it much better than I would have.

He's totally right about everything, it's ridiculous.

soralan
Apr 8, 2003, 03:05 AM
I had trouble online with a whitil tekker, getting a meteor crudgel up +10% to get 0/30/0/20, he would only go +5.

when i went offline and tried my own (pinkal) tekker, +10 staright away.

the guy i was playing with suggested a redia tekker, maybe as a whitil he has had this trouble before. Its not that they wont go +10, they just take there time.

Derkin
Apr 8, 2003, 05:50 AM
On 2003-04-07 23:42, NekoHikari wrote:
That sly fox just posted everything I was going to post, but he worded it much better than I would have.

He's totally right about everything, it's ridiculous.

I know, isn't he ever wrong? He's making the rest of us look bad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Makira
Apr 8, 2003, 06:50 AM
The oran tekker for me turns most items into the 1 hit kill line of weapons.

and my pinkal got mainly fire line items.

Stricker
Apr 8, 2003, 07:58 AM
On 2003-03-29 09:52, 2Xtreme wrote:
I think each tekker is better at identifying a certain element. To illustrate what I'm trying to say, pretend that you find a "??? Handgun" which is actually a Dim Handgun. If you took it to the tekker that specializes in Dim/Dark/Shadow/Hell elements, you might be able to get a Shadow or Hell special attack. If you took your ??? Handgun to a tekker who, say, specializes in Demons/Devils elements, the highest you might get is a Dark Handgun.

That's my theory, anyway.

I don't know. I tried my ??? laser with all the tekkers from different ID's and they all gave me draw and drain. They only difference I saw was the grind and photon eficiency.